Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost: Nice before order, Kick you after payment - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost: Nice before order, Kick you after payment

Comments

• iSky said: thats why we (ex customer) making this review thread

But it's seems like GVH gets more and more customers, so this thread and the hundred or more other threads don't affect sales at all.
    Based on the number of bad reviews of GVH, they should owe customers, not getting more.

• ATHKATHK Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    You were kicked out because you didn't know how to secure your servers and your servers were sending outbound DoS attacks.

Proof please.

The refund opportunity that I offered you previously as a grace in good faith is now revoked.

Is this because he posted a on public forum?

There is no need for us to comment further on this matter.

Ohhh there is..

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@iSky said:

Ever thought that someone else has the password to your email account?

• iSkyiSky Member

@ricardo said:

so far ? just crissic, try ask @SkylarM he also teach me how important the password security that. I have client with @Ftpit @Nick_A Prometeus but never got this situation

Thanked by 2support123 Radi
  • Remember the last time your VPS with us got hacked and we provided you with proof?
    Does... http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/21589/another-drama <- this thread seem familiar?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21800045/centos-got-hacked-in-crontab-has-been-modified <- This is what happened to you.

You were rooted. The infected folder in your VPS was /etc/skyappd

• iSkyiSky Member

@MikHo said:

i dont think so mikho, my email account password keep updating.

• @GreenValueHost show proof of DoS attack. It's easy.

• iSkyiSky Member

@GreenValueHost oh YEAH? i'm using ubuntu. Two thumbs for your analyze

• @jeffreywinters said:
    GreenValueHost show proof of DoS attack. It's easy.

His servers were already terminated but we don't have any reason to lie about this matter. He was paying us a decent amount of money, to just kick an innocent customer out like that that pays money would be silly. He was rooted previously due to poor security and we had proof for that because we didn't terminate his servers, the same thing happened here again however we already processed termination.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I'm waiting for his reponse on a DM I've sent him :( cc @GreenValueHost

@iSky said:
    Ftpit Nick_A Prometeus

Thank you for mentioning your providers so they can keep an extra eye out on your vps with them.

Thanked by 3netomx tchen mpkossen
  • iSkyiSky Member

@mikho they don't need to do so because, i'm with them long time before with this Boy over here. And never ever have security issue except the crissic due to my lackness of security learning

@iSky said:
    mikho they don't need to do so because, i'm with them long time before with this Boy over here. And never ever have security issue except the crissic due to my lackness of security learning

do you at least install fail2ban?

• iSkyiSky Member

@netomx said:
    do you at least install fail2ban?

all i said is the truth, that THEY'RE very strictly even for me to do speedtest and benchmark due massive of customers do that in same time, and i respect it, so i just let the monitoring system do the job and i watch it. The last time i run the wget freevps, my vps was suspended and they said it was alarm i was abusive their systems

@iSky said:
    all i said is the truth, that THEY'RE very strictly even for me to do speedtest and benchmark due massive of customers do that in same time, and i respect it, so i just let the monitoring system do the job and i watch it. The last time i run the wget freevps, my vps was suspended and they said it was alarm i was abusive their systems

all I need is a Yes or a No.

• iSkyiSky Member

@netomx said:

nope

then here if someone wanna try to hack this kind of password they generated (this isn't their systems) ? can someone try do that ? even without fail2ban ?

@netomx said:

I take that long "answer to a question never asked" as a NO.

Thanked by 1netomx

@iSky said:
    then here if someone wanna try to hack this kind of password they generated (this isn't their systems) ? can someone try do that ? even without fail2ban ?

just imagine a vps in your node, no latency, pure bruteforce ;)

Thanked by 1siprof

btw, @iSky , if you have an unlimited bandwidth VPS, I can buy it from you:)

• tchentchen Member

@iSky not every ip range is scanned at the same rate so it's a poor comparison. There's no point in scanning Prometeus ip ranges because turnover is freakingly low. GVH on the other hand is ripe with fresh blood given the market it plays in.

• @GreenValueHost - just provide the customer with a traffic dump to prove that his/her IP was used making this outbound attack then there is requirement for further debate. You can do this right on the server, just capture a thousand packets and they can't argue it.

Thanked by 2iSky Drehmini
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited March 2014

@tchen said:
    iSky not every ip range is scanned at the same rate so it's a poor comparison. There's no point in scanning Prometeus ip ranges because turnover is freakingly low. GVH on the other hand is ripe with fresh blood given the market it plays in.

We had another customer that was rooted today because he literally set his root password as "root".

• iSkyiSky Member

@tchen yeah, thats what i learn from @erawanarifnugroho they scan the range of our IP
    @netomx where the hell unlimited BW ? ROFL even yes, how many TB you can pull off and what you wanna do with that ?

• tchentchen Member

@MarkTurner said:
    just capture a thousand packets and they can't argue it.

I remember a thread a while back where someone was adamant they weren't DOSing because they never bothered to log in (to even update the template). They weren't the ones doing it, hence they couldn't be terminated... or say the argument went :P

• iSkyiSky Member

@MarkTurner thats what i keep said to this little boy @Greenvaluehost Jonathan Nguyen, PLEASE prove me that the IP log in there is MINE, if yes it was from MINE. I will apologize for open this thread.

• tchentchen Member

@iSky said:
    MarkTurner thats what i keep said to this little boy Greenvaluehost Jonathan Nguyen, PLEASE prove me that the IP log in there is MINE, if yes it was from MINE. I will apologize for open this thread.

^^ @MarkTurner as I was saying... :P

Thanked by 1mpkossen

@iSky there weere some plans with unmetered bandwidth

• iSkyiSky Member

@jack 25 :p what about you ? maybe i should call you grandpa ? 50 ? 60 ?

Thanked by 1gattytto
  • iSkyiSky Member

@netomx There are no such an unmetered bandwidth in this world. Even the 1Gbps they said unmetered still can be counted as maximum they can use as 24/7 in a month.

• @isky/tchen - depending on who the upstream is they may keep this data. We retain this type of data for 30-60 days depending on location. He can request from them if they have anything sensible like Pravail/Peakflow

This discussion has been closed.