Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost: Nice before order, Kick you after payment - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost: Nice before order, Kick you after payment

Comments

• Tony20Tony20 Member
    edited March 2014

You should Never pay for a year to ANY hosting company.... the most three month!

• iSkyiSky Member

@jack that their new one billing systems, back there for the jan, their systems generated randomly password

• CC doesn't have it as far as I am aware of.

• @GreenValueHost - so how do they detect a DoS or incoming DDoS? They must have some form of network visibility system

Thanked by 1iSky
  • iSkyiSky Member

Thank you for more excuse @GreenValueHost i thought back there you said you will not refund me and will not unsuspend my vps also will not comment any further because this is my fully fault, now you keep excuse again

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Tony20 said:
    You should Never pay for a years to ANY hosting company.... the most three month!

wrong. I pay yearly on ALL MY VPS, and I have no problems with that. Ask my Providers about me, @CVPS_chris , @Prometeus , @Francisco (former), @BlueVM , @MarkTurner , @fliphost

(sorry about tagging you)

No complains.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@GreenValueHost

Any left over New Year deals that you want to sell again?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @MarkTurner said:
    GreenValueHost - so how do they detect a DoS or incoming DDoS? They must have some form of network visibility system

We use Nodewatch in conjunction with custom software for pps monitoring. We have provided a screenshot in the past to @iSky.

Thanked by 1iSky
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2014

@Jack said:
    You keep referring to him as "little boy" How old are you?

What about you, son? ;p

• @GreenValueHost - when you have issues like this - fire up a packet sniffer, grab 1000 packets which demonstrate the outgoing attack and provide it to the customer with the termination notice. Then there is no dispute - they can see the packets they can see the traffic type and understand there has been an attack. Graphs prove nothing, the raw data makes it irrefutable.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • iSkyiSky Member

yeah @GreenValueHost had sent me one of the SS, but it prove not my IP address. For this one last month i just login to install the nodequery for monitoring their systems, as they said they have many customers abusive their resources, so i monitoring my server to proof i didn't do anything abusive, but yet i still got suspended

• @GreenValueHost proof or it never happened. Too much words but no proof to see.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • The overall problem is your using openvz not the overselling fact but at any time your host can just login to ur machine do what every they want and logout this includes sending the out bound doss or what ever. Nothing stops them from sending data from ur ip address to look like a dos so really ur SOL.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • I would like to see some proof of the DoS attacks that were allegedly being sent out too, especially the most recent one(s).

That being said, I also can't help but wonder: why did you order five different VPS plans from GVH if you clearly do not trust them to be a good provider? Even if they really did beg you to give them another chance, that doesn't mean you were forced to go ahead and buy five of them (three of which were yearly plans, even).

I don't agree with Jon arbitrarily changing the TOS and basing actions on suspicions/likelihood rather than actual proof as per another thread, and there are certainly areas he still needs to improve on, but this is just getting ridiculous. Whatever legitimate issues you may have had are severely undermined by your staggering levels of immaturity to the point where I just cannot take you seriously, let alone sympathize with you. You keep calling Jon a little boy, but you're the one who's acting more like one.

For the record, I had a plan with GVH for about a month and a half myself before canceling. There were some issues, mostly to do with the network (downtime) and I/O speeds, but my main reason for canceling was because I simply did not have the need for an extra plan, as good a deal as it was. I was never accused of abuse or outbound DoS even though I hardly used it either (only to store some files via sFTP and dd once in a while to monitor IO).

• iSkyiSky Member

@hellogoodbye 5 VPS doesnt mean 5 of them is yearly, 2 of them is monthly, 3 of them is yearly, 1 is bought last 4 months, the 1 is special from new year, the last one is they said they have new location. I trust about their new location perfomance, just never expect his behaviour and attitude to royal client will be like threaten me just because i comment on one of other review thread about them.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

If any of those VPS have "unmetered" and more than 200GB, I'm willing to take it ;)

@MikHo too

• NekkiNekki Veteran

GVH raped my cat. True story.

Thanked by 3netomx berkay mpkossen
  • i must give thumb to GVH WTF their get many bad review

their market strategy still make people come and interest to buy

and only people so stupid will be buy if has been know this provider have many bad review...i think GVH has been make new record in to LET...so many post
    write about bad review

then back to your hand still need buy, stay or leave ?

Thanked by 1iSky
  • Tony20 said: You should Never pay for a year to ANY hosting company.... the most three month!

i usually pay yearly. just be choosy of host.

Thanked by 2netomx mpkossen
  • I will try just about any let host for a month. If they wanna give me a really nice deal I will do 3 months after that if there were no problems I will pay for the rest of the year. And after the rest of that year j will pay a full year again assuming there still around the rates the same and no real issues

• @iSky said:
    hellogoodbye 5 VPS doesnt mean 5 of them is yearly, 2 of them is monthly, 3 of them is yearly, 1 is bought last 4 months, the 1 is special from new year, the last one is they said they have new location.

Please read my previous comment again, because I pointed that out:

that doesn't mean you were forced to go ahead and buy five of them (three of which were yearly plans, even).

You already had issues with GVH back in February when you were clearly very frustrated over something you felt they were wrongly accusing you of doing. Again, why did you stay put with five different plans? I don't know about you, but if I didn't trust a provider I would either keep one cheap plan (basically a throwaway which I wouldn't mind too much about should anything happen) or just cancel completely.

I don't think you were a loyal client at all - in your previous thread, you even specifically stated "i wanna start the new episode of drama" - you're just someone who couldn't resist signing up for their deals despite everything else that's happened simply because the deals seem too good to pass up.

• hellogoodbye said: You already had issues with GVH back in February when you were clearly very frustrated over something you felt they were wrongly accusing you of doing. Again, why did you stay put with five different plans?

maybe cant resist the good price

• iSkyiSky Member

@hellogoodbye said:
    I don't think you were a loyal client at all - in your previous thread, you even specifically stated "i wanna start the new episode of drama" - you're just someone who couldn't resist signing up for their deals despite everything else that's happened simply because the deals seem too good to pass up.

the deals seems too good to pass up part is true, but for the loyal, obiviously i am. I already state it, i trust them when back there they said they had another location without CC so why not. that was 2 vps month plan i bought.

• NomadNomad Member
    edited March 2014

No matter if the dDos attacks are true or not. You should secure your server or at least ask for help to secure it. My VPS gets http, sshd scans all the time and god knows what else.

• @Nomad said:
    No matter if the dDos attacks are true or not. You should secure your server or at least as for help to secure it. My VPS gets http, sshd scans all the time and god knows what else.

Second that

• iSky said: the deals seems too good to pass up part is true, but for the loyal, obiviously i am. I already state it, i trust them when back there they said they had another location without CC so why not. that was 2 vps month plan i bought.

you should not give in next time.

Thanked by 1iSky
  • tchentchen Member

@iSky said:
    yeah GreenValueHost had sent me one of the SS, but it prove not my IP address.

Did they send you a screenshot of someone else's VPS? Is that what you mean by 'not my IP address'?

• O c'mon guys don't stop. I just got my popcorn.

Thanked by 2netomx mpkossen
  • Oh. On a more serious note @iSky - posts like this are a double-edged sword.

• iSkyiSky Member

@lewekleonek yeah, i never refuse to be calling idiot because fooled by them. this is my fault too after all to trust them too much

This discussion has been closed.