Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost: Nice before order, Kick you after payment
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost: Nice before order, Kick you after payment

Now i really going public with this after more than 3 months i stay quietly.
I have about 3 yearly plan with this @GreenValueHost 16 years old BOY that still immature even to handle himself, but right now try running hosting company and have too many issues (Sorry to admin if my word to harsh).

Ok lets see the ticket here
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

I have problem that my yearly VPS services is down every day, and not once but three times a day. i never use that vps for anything else except monitoring them using nodequery. I try to watch the usage and the uptime of the service. But what i got is downtime everyday, thats i open ticket, they said i was abusing and even @GreenValueHost a.k.a JONATHAN NGUYEN is calling me slandering me and threaten me that he will terminate all my account if i comment again/tell fake information to public. However, the information i posting at here is all true, if they said i was lie, i wanna prove what have i done that make them said i was abusive their system. 3 months ago when that many customers complain, i am not one of them because Jon still asking me a chance that he will prove they're not the typical like scamming or lie, NOW ? I got kick out from their hosting and got not refund like what he said on posting here. i got 5 VPS, 3 of them is yearly.

I hope this thread make other think ten times before going hosting with them.

Comments

• Just WoW.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Oh dear,

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • iSkyiSky Member

@mikho maybe i was the prey LoL

• tchentchen Member

I had chalked this up to a language issue, but not anymore.

Thanked by 1iSky
  • You were kicked out because you didn't know how to secure your servers and your servers were sending outbound DoS attacks.

This is
    1. Against our Terms of Service
    2. Illegal in the United States
    3. Your responsibility.

The refund opportunity that I offered you previously as a grace in good faith is now revoked.

There is no need for us to comment further on this matter.

Thanked by 1iSky
  • Chargeback time?

• LOL, everyday. What would LET be without GVH and all the GVH drama threads?
    Why do people still buy from them, and 5 servers, three paid for a full year??? Really a good investment. ;)

Thanked by 1iSky
  • @iSky

I am sorry that you are having this problem the best thing to do is move on and find another provider at some point everyone will have tried greenvaluehost and have left or been kicked off. Or he will screw the wrong person that will open a lawsuit against him and it will be the end I am sure that he will have a creative excusie this time or what ever is going on. But the community probably wont believe or trust him any more he is better of selling his accounts and walking away from it before it gets worse.

Thanked by 1iSky
  • iSkyiSky Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    You were kicked out because you didn't know how to secure your servers and your servers were sending outbound DoS attacks.

This is
    1. Against our Terms of Service
    2. Illegal in the United States
    3. Your responsibility.

The refund opportunity that I offered you previously as a grace in good faith is now revoked.

There is no need for us to comment further on this matter.

i'm more glad that you said REVOKED. I was stupid like @mikho said, i admit it... trust 16 years old boys that should be still selling cookies door to door, already selling hosting service. If you said i was sending outbound DoS attacks, please prove that is from my IP, 2. The password was never change, it default come from your systems.... like i said, i just install nodequery monitoring system and let it monitor everyday

• wojonswojons Member
    edited March 2014

iSky said: i'm more glad that you said REVOKED. I was stupid like @mikho said, i admit it... trust 16 years old boys that should be still selling cookies door to door, already selling hosting service. If you said i was sending outbound DoS attacks, please prove that is from my IP, 2. The password was never change, it default come from your systems.... like i said, i just install nodequery monitoring system and let it monitor everyday

from personal experience you always want to change the pasword and use ssh keys for these things. but then again i dont trust anything for all you know his password system is what got hacked and the backdoor was open before you even logged in. or he installs the backdoor who knows because he suspsned the vm so no one can do an aduit to figure out what the hell is going on that all his customers always seem to be sending out bound doess i have my ideas but dont wana expose it to everyone

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

It can take less then 12 Hours to hack a vps with password 123456, when did it happend? :D

Hey, @GreenValueHost
    You don't have one of those $40/year New Year large storage offers available?

I would like to try your service. Will save videos as backup. No one but me will access anything.

• iSkyiSky Member

@wojons said:
    from personal experience you always want to change the pasword and use ssh keys for these things.

Yeah, i just wanna share my experience to other, i wanna see if they are still brave enough to sale maybe annually plan 100TB 8GB RAM 300 SSD Cached Disk for $5

@Jack said:
    password123?

their systems default generate it for me
    Currently systems is ask us to type what password we wanna use CMIIW

@Infinity580 said:
    It can take less then 12 Hours to hack a vps with password 123456, when did it happend? :D

Then guess, the system generated password, would it be 123456 ?

• iSky said: Yeah, i just wanna share my experience to other, i wanna see if they are still brave enough to sale maybe annually plan 100TB 8GB RAM 300 SSD Cached Disk for $5

sounds like the type of vm that if you have it powered off you will still be suppsned for ddos.

@myhken said:
    LOL, everyday. What would LET be without GVH and all the GVH drama threads?
    Why do people still buy from them, and 5 servers, three paid for a full year??? Really a good investment. ;)

Thanked by 2iSky johnlth93
  • iSkyiSky Member

@wojons said:
    sounds like the type of vm that if you have it powered off you will still be suppsned for ddos.

i hope i still have archieve of personal message with @GreenValueHost that he allow me to use their systems as seedbox

• iSkyiSky Member

@mikho ROFL, even you comment it with serious that said i was idiot at here, i still laugh.... yeah i laugh myself now. But i learn from this, and hope no one will have same mistake again

• ATHKATHK Member

You should of received an emailing notifying you of the default passwords.

Apart from that, do a chargeback they will end up paying more if you did it with a credit card, they aren't offering you a service, regardless of what they say you'll win since it's a "virtual product" and nothing physical was sent to you..

And it sucks when it happens trust me... You'll get your money back straight away and they'll be charged with the bank fees..

• BruceBruce Member

we should ask GVH to donate your VPS to someone here

• iSkyiSky Member

@ATHK it already enough and satisfy me if my review now is helping other to know what is like this hosting will serve you, what they will do to you. Lets said i spend that money for him to buy ice cream when he going bankrupt

• MunMun Member

My question is how do you have so many password problems isky?

@Bruce said:
    we should ask GVH to donate your VPS to someone here

If it is the storage offer I'll take it.

• iSky said: when he going bankrupt

With all the people here on LET buying yearly deals from him, I do think he is making more money then the rest of us is in a lifetime.

• GreenValueHost said: outbound DoS attacks

any logs or proof ?

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • iSkyiSky Member

@Mun said:
    My question is how do you have so many password problems isky?

yeah, i have problem with Crrissic too at past, but after that i learn to not use my own default password, i keep the password that systems generated for me and when i need to access the vps, i just open up my email and use it

@MikHo said:

ROFL, you will get notification "Hi Mikho, your services suspended because you abusive our storage" that will be on two weeks at most

@myhken said:

do u mean by fooling more member at here ?
    thats why we (ex customer) making this review thread

and we hope that they dont like me as @mikho said, "i was idiot to have a deal i couldnt refuse"

• @iSky said:
    i hope i still have archieve of personal message with GreenValueHost that he allow me to use their systems as seedbox

what i am saying is the offer is so good that even if u have the machine off he will suspsned u becuase he needss to be able to sell that ram to 5 people at once.

Thanked by 1iSky
  • GreenValueHost, may we see proof of this DoS?

Thanked by 3iSky darkshire khav
  • iSky said: 2. The password was never change, it default come from your systems

You keep mentioning this. Seems like you 'accidentally' get hacked a lot, because by large coincidence your password gets compromised and your boxes send out DDOS attacks. How many providers have suspended you for this?

Anyways, my hat isn't in the ring for this argument, but I don't think you're entirely honest.

This discussion has been closed.