Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Drama ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another Drama ?

"NEXT LET GVH OFFER: Feb 11th, 2014. STAY TUNED!!!"

that signature will be next episode of drama ?

i got frustated with their suspension systems

got outbound DDoS from my VPS service, however i never log in there after they unsuspend it. Last time HE said it will never happen again and ask for another chance, but after all this everyday suspension warning into my email box, i wanna start the new episode of drama.

P.S : need your explaination to public what really is the main troubling your nodes and the disks I/O (again?)

Comments

• As a concerned citizen, turn off your VPS if you're not going to secure it. Any drama that arises from suspension warnings on an unsecured outbound DDoS box falls purely on your shoulders.

Thanked by 2dhamaniasad Mark_R
  • I have a VPS through GVH. I haven't used it for anything yet though. It just kind of sits there.

• edited February 2014

At least we have time to pop our popcorn! Anyone have any predictions?

Thanked by 1gattytto
  • @tchen said:
    As a concerned citizen, turn off your VPS if you're not going to secure it. Any drama that arises from suspension warnings on an unsecured outbound DDoS box falls purely on your shoulders.

i'm using it recently to develop a script, but got suspended yesterday. after a long ticket, it was unsuspended. Till now i suprisingly got email that it was suspended again because DDoS outbound. WTH.... i even not check and logged in yet

• If you're the ticket I think you are, why don't you post the evidence that you were given?

• Rallias is our lead systems administrator here at GVH and he's the one that had you suspended. Supposedly, he logged into your VPS and saw a massive amount of outbound traffic which looked to be a DDoS attack. In addition, your VPS utilized a massive amount of IO which caused issues for all other virtual servers on the node which lead to customer complaints.

We questioned you regarding this over ticket and you did not reply.

• Here's a graph of your server's usage: http://puu.sh/6Rg7u/f8a61c792d.png

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2014

@iSky said:
    i'm using it recently to develop a script, but got suspended yesterday. after a long ticket, it was unsuspended. Till now i suprisingly got email that it was suspended again because DDoS outbound. WTH.... i even not check and logged in yet

May be true that it isn't real but "I didn't log in" is no reason why your vps can't be sending an outgoing dos attack. You know the entire reason the rest of us secure our severs? To avoid exactly that. It sounds to me like you haven't. It's your job, no one else's.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Maybe he was running bittorrent? Your TOS doesn't prohibit it.

Doesn't that graph show significant (60MB/sec isn't exactly "massive") inbound, not outbound?

• raindog308 said: Maybe he was running bittorrent? Your TOS doesn't prohibit it.

Doesn't that graph show significant (60MB/sec isn't exactly "massive") inbound, not outbound?

I asked for the user to provide the evidence he was provided. When he does you'll recognize the pattern better.

• wow 75gig in/out ? Just one VPS?

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2014

72.85GB of bandwidth in 30 minutes, it could be a torrent? how much harddisk space did that vps have?

• You know guys, it'd really help if y'all would just let him post the evidence he was provided so that y'all can get a clearer picture of what was wrong with the picture that got him suspended. If it was a torrent, I'd have no quails.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited February 2014

@NickEsposito said:
    At least we have time to pop our popcorn! Anyone have any predictions?

Microwave Popcorn                     Pick

Orville Redenbacher vs. Smart Balance            Over 3

Pop Weaver vs. Newman's Own                      Pop Weaver +10

Jiffy Pop vs. Jolly Time                                    Jolly Time +4

Act II vs. Pop Secret                                       Pop Secret +150

Less than 20% of the bets like Jolly Time here, although JT has a slight edge on kernel count.

Redenbacher is 12-3 this season off of a 220 volt loss.

Good luck.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • You purposely want to create drama on a forum? Get a life.

• @Rallias said:
    You know guys, it'd really help if y'all would just let him post the evidence he was provided so that y'all can get a clearer picture of what was wrong with the picture that got him suspended. If it was a torrent, I'd have no quails.

@iSky ?

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited February 2014

@Rallias said:
    I'd have no quails.

• @SkylarM said:

Do want.

• Ah right, last time I'm learning torrent on my online.net dedicated server, I'm downloading some debian iso, which is about 4x6GB. And I leave it about 1 hour, and it use my bandwidth about 200GB so I just terminate it.

@iSky, what do you run at your vps? Please make list of it in here :)

• @SkylarM said:

The word, you're looking for, @Rallias, is "qualms".

@joelgm said:
    The word, you're looking for, Rallias, is "qualms".

Quails are better.

Thanked by 1Rallias
  • the password was combination both letter and number. Yes the script was for torrent client, and i develop for multi user BUT it was fail because i didn't set the DB so right. So the client Transmission wasn't running. Also @Jack i was planned to hosted null but not onshore one, however i already find the alternative script for that nullled i wanted to learn. It wasn't i look for drama, i just frustating getting email of suspension everyday without reasonably one. Outbound DDoS ? Out of my list, Doing torrent ? i got my personal dedicated seedbox from online net and kimsufi. The script i run on them was the one that multi user one. @GreenValueHost now you're on "good-guy" side and i was on "bad-side" client. So, would i get attention after public posting ? This suspension wasn't the first time, it was several times. Some of it was excuse of false alarm and other i just couldn't remember anymore

• @iSky are you using Kloxo prior to release 6.1.15?

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited February 2014

You were suspended more than once and you admitted to intentionally running scripts to hammer the CPU. When you were told that your virtual server reached a CPU load of over 18 (consistent usage), you acted as if you had absolutely no idea what you were doing. There was an incident of a possible false alarm by NodeWatch, and since then we've disabled NodeWatch's ability to automatically suspend containers on our nodes.

If you post the screenshot that @Rallias requested you to post, it is proof that your virtual server was sending outbound DDoS attacks.

And also in addition, please be aware that script developers work very hard to make the scripts that they do and just because you host nulled scripts in a pro-piracy country doesn't make it any less illegal than it is. Nulling scripts isn't just illegal, it's wrong. Using them and/or distributing them makes you a cyber criminal.

• Post the information from the ticket... let it all out.

• joelgm said: The word, you're looking for, @Rallias, is "qualms".

No, I was talking about the bird.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited February 2014

Or if you would like, you can provide me with authorization to post the proof that shows that your virtual server was sending outbound DoS attacks and I will post it.

@GreenValueHost said:
    You were suspended more than once and you admitted to intentionally running scripts to hammer the CPU. When you were told that your virtual server reached a CPU load of over 18 (consistent usage), you acted as if you had absolutely no idea what you were doing. There was an incident of a possible false alarm by NodeWatch, and since then we've disabled NodeWatch's ability to automatically suspend containers on our nodes.

If you post the screenshot that Rallias requested you to post, it is proof that your virtual server was sending outbound DDoS attacks.

And also in addition, please be aware that script developers work very hard to make the scripts that they do and just because you host nulled scripts in a pro-piracy country doesn't make it any less illegal than it is. Nulling scripts isn't just illegal, it's wrong. Using them and/or distributing them makes you a cyber criminal.

Amen brother. Taking someone's hard work without giving them their requested compensation is rude and inconsiderate. You can make your own stuff if you don't want to pay.

• jarland said: Amen brother. Taking someone's hard work without giving them their requested compensation is rude and inconsiderate. You can make your own stuff if you don't want to pay.

That's why I love OpenSource :)

• iSkyiSky Member
    edited February 2014

I already see it @GreenValueHost however i denied that it was my act for that responsibilities. The script i was try to running was https://github.com/erindru/openseedbox it state clearly still on development. BUT i never intentionaly to doing torrent and illegal stuff on the vps, the vps was unused so i decided to try it on there. Is java play framework and creating database makes trouble to your nodes and causing other customer trouble ? So another user complaint regarding their I/O speed so far was my fault ? that was your excusion again. That complain about your VPS service like I/O speed was already bring up before i try running this script. You still wanna said "Yes, you're the one causing the trouble" Sorry jon, this isn't bashing thread, i trust you but frustated with the suspension email everyday from your provider. This way, i can learn more not just from you but from other too. If it was my fault, then it was my pleasure to say sorry, but i already state it, I NEVER DOING THAT DDoS THING.

i was on sleep last night when i got your email of suspension and reply it asap. it was bothering me and i thought this public discuss more suitable, so i can learn more.

This discussion has been closed.