Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM - Allegation of Trouble, Lies, Slabs, Hosts Servers in Basement - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM - Allegation of Trouble, Lies, Slabs, Hosts Servers in Basement

Comments

• @k0nsl said:
    Would you mind telling us which company (or provider, to be more exact) this concerned? I forgot.

The new GVH dallas with the whacked out /proc/cpuinfo. I was curious about it.

Thanked by 2k0nsl vRozenSch00n
  • hellogoodbye said: @Rockster sound like they have some sort of personal grudge against BuyVM that goes beyond the actual issue they're supposed to be bringing up

I don't have personal grudge against BuyVM and I think that they are doing quite well. I just don't like hypocrisy of some community members when it come to topics like this. Those same people would fanatically tear apart some other hosts for less.

Thanked by 2mpkossen switsys
  • @jarland said:
    For someone without knowledge of all the events up to this point you sure are quite perceptive :)

It's actually really obvious considering not a single person has agreed with them thus far-- I'm just not quite sure how that translates into "they're two-faced and they're all on BuyVM's side!!!" when most of the reactions are more along the lines of "wait, so what's the big deal about that?" in regards to this slabbing thing.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2014

@Rockster said:
    I just don't like hypocrisy of some community members when it come to topics like this.

Except that it isn't hypocrisy at all because there is 0 evidence that he lied. Instead, you've taken this so personally that you actually had a desired outcome and when the facts did not line up with it to support your conclusion you instead opted to continue calling out everyone for nonexistent hypocrisy based on your faulty conclusion and you refuse to acknowledge that your ranting started out on the premise of "liar is a liar" which in fact you have become by clinging to your conclusion, which is an absolute requirement of your continuing to use this as an opportunity to call out the alleged hypocrisy. How about that run-on sentence?

I know, logic is a difficult thing, and so is humility. I suggest you learn to admit when you are wrong or accept that you will never have a leg to stand on in such conversations.

• hellogoodbyehellogoodbye Member
    edited January 2014

@Rockster said:
    I don't have personal grudge against BuyVM and I think that they are doing quite well. I just don't like hypocrisy of some community members when it come to topics like this. Those same people would fanatically tear apart some other hosts for less.

I kinda get what you mean after seeing some of the drama that goes on around these parts, but I always feel like there is some sort of prior history that I don't know about. I wonder if maybe you're referring to GVH's outsourcing support thing a little while ago because there's a slight similarity? But at the same time, GVH's change of heart happened days after they explicitly stated they didn't have Indian staff, whereas with this situation Francisco last confirmed he didn't do any slabbing in May 2013, which is what... 8 months ago? You can't really compare the two when there's such a huge time difference. Unless you're referring to other incidents I'm not aware of?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

We did slabbing in our first 5 nodes because we wanted to some day move things onto a proper SAN allowing high-availability 'migrating' of a node (since we used vmware).

Performance was so hit/miss, though, that we scrapped that idea and went with L5520's and local arrays. We had a beta SAN at the time but I wasn't knowledgeable enough at the time to tune it properly, nor did we have the budget to go full out.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @Francisco said:
    I don't like it but moving to LSI wasn't an option as I don't personally know those cards worth a damn. I've been able to save multi drive raid failures on adaptecs simply because I know how they handle things as well as whatever little tricks they allow in their BIOS. Going to LSI would have put us in a bad spot if we ever ran into issues.

But thanks :)

Francisco

At least you used KVM instead of Xen... aacraid has a lot of nasty race conditions which get exposed under I/O pressure when running on a Xen dom0. :(

@kaniini said:
    At least you used KVM instead of Xen... aacraid has a lot of nasty race conditions which get exposed under I/O pressure when running on a Xen dom0. :(

I've never liked XEN. Frantech offered XEN via XENSOURCE 4.0 and it was the biggest pain in the ass.

Francisco

• MunMun Member

@GuanYu said:
    I can't tell for sure but if I remember correct CVPS guy posted something about less nodes in Buffalo DC than BuyVM list them. For me personally it would be extremly annoying to have more than one VPS hosted at same node. But that's just me.

Hmm wait... Wasn't there a big fiasco with buyvm and the San Jose Colo Crossing shitty rack?

---and then---

CVPS did it before hand by looking into buyvm's racks. Talk about a hypocrisy.

Mun

• hellogoodbye said: when most of the reactions are more along the lines of "wait, so what's the big deal about that?" in regards to this slabbing thing.

Don't put your hopes up too high here. Public opinion at LET isn't necessary truth. The same thing happened with @AdamJ and his http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/10300/the-truth-about-buyvm-and-its-shilling/p1
    Poor guy with all proofs didn't stand a chance. For individual person is nearly impossible to win argument against popular host and his sockpuppets.

Thanked by 2mpkossen Radi
  • MunMun Member

@heinz and @Adamj is no better, he did the shilling as well. So did CVPS. Thus what we have concluded is there are three crooks. We should now all run away and scream bloody murder.

Mun

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • Get your free pitchfork here --------E
    Come on people, last chance free pitchforks!!!

Thanked by 20xdragon MCHPhil
  • Mun said: Thus what we have concluded is there are three crooks.

Now we're talking! ;-)

• MunMun Member

@rockster, no we aren't talking. It is a known fact that this happened. It already came and did its pass through on LET before. Now all you are doing is finding an event from months ago and dragging someone through shit so that you can feel better about your personal self.

Frankly your whole purpose is actually defending people that openly lie, cheat, and scam there customers. Guess you haven't seen the HVH thread or anything....

Mun

WHT didn't feel what I did was all that bad. though. If they did I would have been canned like the other 2.

Anyway, while EGI wants to try to point fingers at us over CC's rack in SJC, we've denied it from day 1 and they've still shown no proof.

They have beefed up the camera's in 1090, though.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • MunMun Member

@Francisco said:
    WHT didn't feel what I did was all that bad. though. If they did I would have been canned like the other 2.

Anyway, while EGI wants to try to point fingers at us over CC's rack in SJC, we've denied it from day 1 and they've still shown no proof.

They have beefed up the camera's in 1090, though.

Francisco

When did CVPS find out about your "rack" and its server counts in NY may I ask? Was it before the CC shitty rack incident?

Mun

Mun said: When did CVPS find out about your "rack" and its server counts in NY may I ask? Was it before the CC shitty rack incident?

Mun

They didn't find out about any 'counts'. We never had all of our gear in the Buffalo DC and had a 2nd "rack" over in Batavia and had a bonded GRE over to it. It wasn't very obvious but depending on what you pinged from what, you'd sometimes see 3 - 5ms between nodes in our old Buffalo spot.

Chris went poking around because Jon either pointed it out or he just assumed since Buffalo was pretty empty at the time.

We already went over this back when we moved to Choopa.

Francisco

edited January 2014

@Heinz said:

You poor underdog you. Yeah Adam shows up with screenshots from years ago, Fran admits that he did it to a few nodes in the past, says he doesn't anymore, but yeah that's proof that we just don't rag on people we like. Sure.

You can't make this shit up, people. Poor little underdogs are bawling their eyes out because Fran wasn't caught lying about something and they didn't get to see a few of us go apeshit on him for what he didn't get caught lying about. Poor little guys. We should really get a pool going to fund some tissues for these crybabies.

I know you guys just really wanted to see someone who isn't colocrossing get beat up but honestly that says far more about you than anyone else here.

• MunMun Member
    edited January 2014

Was this event of when chris found out about your rack in cc before the CC SJ incident?

Mun

Mun said: Was this event of when chris found out about your rack in cc before the CC SJ incident?

MUn

Chris' comments to us were like....I dunno, 2 - 3 months after we moved into CC so you're talking back in 2012.

Their SJC stuff came out in... August 2013?

Hell, the last time I was personally in SJC was back in January 2013 moving to Vegas.

Francisco

• For what it's worth, Francisco can talk the shorts off of a nun. He's very good at deflection and whenever anything such as this comes up, he's going to piss in your face and make you believe it's raining.

I know for a fact that your intentions behind slabbing are nothing more than greed, you've as much said this to me several times in the past when you were more than happy to share your "slabbing" technique with any john,joe, and sally that pinged your skype.

You told me that you used Vmware ESX to overcommit your resources, isn't that correct? That doesn't sound like the best of intentions. The only difference now is you've moved to another platform that is free so you don't have to pay for ESX, nothing has changed. You'd be hard pressed to get anyone that knows you to believe that you realistically have a 10th of the physical node count that was on the popular BuyVMStatus page back when.

You talk big against other providers and state they run a "Shady Op" but you're no better, you say you offer transparency, but all you really offer is Ghost Transparency, it's there but it's not, you've had multi nodes outages in the past and have blamed them on power strips, when in reality you simply had 1 physical box go offline and as a result you had 4 sub slabs go down with it.

Anyhow, it's a hoot, at this point you're just trying to clean up lies that you've been telling for years now.

For anyone searching for validity on my statements, I have nothing to hide nor nothing to deny. I've known Francisco since early 2010 and I am the one who gave him the domain to start BuyVM.net with in the beginning, I've known him since the start of his little adventure. Whilst I used to claim Francisco was a good friend of mine, I was lied to, deceived, thrown under the bus, and talked about. I have no axe to grind here, I am just here to inform you that Francisco isn't the good ol' chap that everyone thinks him to be. If you knew who and how he really is, you'd begin to judge the validity of anything he has told you.

Hey @Francisco, go die in a fire.

Apparently I have to say something mean to you just to be "fair" in some twisted reality, so you know...go eat dog shit.

Wanna grab a beer?

• MunMun Member

So thus we can assume that CC has done a double standard on Frantec by openly bashing you for pictures, that you openly admit you didn't take. Yet, they did the same thing to your rack with CVPS.

GG CC. It seems CC needs to beef up there security so clients can't randomly go looking into other peoples racks, and an apology should probably be given to @francisco. Don't you say @Jbiloh?

Mun

• jarland said: I know you guys just really wanted to see someone who isn't colocrossing get beat up but honestly that says far more about you than anyone else here.

Who are we guys? o.O

I don't give a shit about colocrossing but it seems you do. Don't reflect your compulsive obsessions at me, please.

edited January 2014

@Heinz said:
    Who are we guys?

Now just pretend you didn't post this in this thread in response to another post that is on the exact topic that I responded to you regarding:

Heinz said: For individual person is nearly impossible to win argument against popular host and his sockpuppets.

That's cool, now you just pretend like you weren't talking about anything relevant. Whistle and walk away.

You're a very confusing person sir.

Mun said: So thus we can assume that CC has done a double standard on Frantec by openly bashing you for pictures, that you openly admit you didn't take. Yet, they did the same thing to your rack with CVPS.

They posted nothing so don't go after @jbiloh. Infact, Jon has never made any statement that we were tied to them (from what I recall).

The only person that has said anything is EGI in regards to their old tech. Said old tech is one of my best buds and he worked at EGI because of me (I introduced him to them).
    Really, they have no idea who took them and are just assuming that I called in favors.

Why would I honestly care? Seeing the pictures I knew first hand it wasn't CC's racking anyway. They showed us our setup when it was in Buffalo and it was quite clean.

@jarland - </3 - The drinking competition in Vegas is called off now, jerk.

Francisco

Thanked by 1jar
  • HeinzHeinz Member
    edited January 2014

jarland said: You're a very confusing person sir.

I never said it's going to be easy ;-) So what's your stance regarding post from @123Systems above? Standard "wait, so what's the big deal about that" sockpuppeting now when we know more about this topic? :)

Thanked by 1Radi
  • MunMun Member

@Francisco said:

Actually I am referring to the fact that they allowed your rack to be looked into.

Mun

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Francisco said: The drinking competition in Vegas is called off now, jerk.

Can we talk about this? I have been looking forward to such an occasion all year :)

Thanked by 1jar
This discussion has been closed.