Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

xTom GmbH CTO treats me badly for reporting a problem with the xTom network in Frankfurt, Germany - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

xTom GmbH CTO treats me badly for reporting a problem with the xTom network in Frankfurt, Germany

1235»

Comments

• trungkientrungkien Member
    edited March 25

Well, this is interesting respond.
    Should we "blackhole" xTom until that "CTO" goes? Maybe we should consider "blackhole" any provider that uses xTom too, to add some heat.

• vpn2024vpn2024 Member
    edited March 25

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression you can only correctly identify/pinpoint BGP flapping if you had a login to the router on either end to actually see the stats on the circuit.

• @D3VSOFT said:
    I feel like there is more to the story than what is being shared by OP.

I kinda doubt it, this guy has always been sort of an asshole. I like xtom's network when it works but them having management that acts like this on a regular basis makes it really hard to trust them to host anything important.

Thanked by 2trungkien bench
  • @vpn2024 said:
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression you can only correctly identify/pinpoint BGP flapping if you had a login to the router on either end to actually see the stats on the circuit.

Since these are prefixes being announced to "everyone", to put it in a way, everyone gets that "noise" whether any network announces or withdraws any prefixes - same thing if the route changes. xTom not being exempt from that.

Thanked by 1vpn2024
  • vpn2024vpn2024 Member

Does seem a very childish and immature response. Whilst it maybe true that OP isn't a direct customer, and thus isn't entitled to support per se, a simple "Thanks for the heads up I've passed it on to engineering, as you're not a direct customer I can't guarantee a reply. " would suffice..

I wonder if Mullvad does any due diligence when selecting providers (xTom being one of them)?

• @Maelstrom36 said:

@jerry048 said:
    Xtom staff being rude to their customers? Never heard of that before

If you have never heard, now you have seen, provided in the screenshots :)

It is sarcasm obviously. V.PS is known for shitty customers service

• xTomxTom Member, Patron Provider

We have been in communication with the OP, and the issues have been resolved, stemming from a software bug in JunOS. As a result, everything is now operating smoothly.

We are committed to enhancing our customer service experience. To this end, our staff are now instructed not to send such emails. Additionally, Marek will no longer communicate with non-customers going forward.

Should you have any inquiries or need assistance with our network or services, please do not hesitate to contact us through a support ticket.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@xTom said: Marek will no longer communicate with non-customers going forward

Ah, so he'll only act like this directly with customers from now on, got it!

Thanked by 1mrTom
  • xTomxTom Member, Patron Provider

@iKeyZ said:

@xTom said: Marek will no longer communicate with non-customers going forward

Ah, so he'll only act like this directly with customers from now on, got it!

Only our customer support representatives or account managers will engage in direct communication with customers.

• techdragontechdragon Member
    edited March 25

Wow! I summon @DP @jbiloh to comment on such behavior. This is borderline power abuse for personal reasons. Why it is warnable or even banable offense to criticize moderators action?

I recall that @Arkas once was very touchy to critique, but he grown up. Hot emotions and rash decisions, once you have power over other community members, should be controlled way more.

That’s why periodic rotation among governing entities is much needed. To avoid fatique and corruption.

He has paid BilohBucks. Interestingly, he's a provider as well as a moderator (considering recent actions).

Thanked by 2loay dahartigan
  • VittGVittG Member

@xTom said: We have been in communication with the OP, and the issues have been resolved, stemming from a software bug in JunOS. As a result, everything is now operating smoothly.

Yes, I can confirm also here that as of now, the BGP flap issue has not happened anymore, I'm not blackholed anymore from your European network, and I haven't seen any more packet loss at all.

Thank you!

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Levi said: I recall that @Arkas once was very touchy to critique, but he grown up

Nope. Wanna test your theory :smile:

This discussion has been closed.