Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

xTom GmbH CTO treats me badly for reporting a problem with the xTom network in Frankfurt, Germany - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

xTom GmbH CTO treats me badly for reporting a problem with the xTom network in Frankfurt, Germany

Comments

• VoidVoid Member

@Levi said:
    New term: “To make a maxkvm move”. That means destroy your reputatuon beyond repair.

I propose the term “MaxTomed”

Thanked by 2sasslik yoursunny
  • sassliksasslik Member

@kait said:

@Maelstrom36 said: Interesting.

This is Marek according to people who know more about the incident.

Hah, i like this guy.

Thanked by 1kait
  • loayloay Member

@Not_Oles said:

@loay said: I just try to avoid Chinese/ Mediterranean providers

Oh, I wonder why. . . .

Maybe open another thread and let the community answer this for you if you are this desperate for drama, and stop derailing this thread!

Thanked by 3Kris ScreenReader BlaZe
  • kaitkait Member

@sasslik said: Hah, i like this guy.

Same, he started rambling about LoTR when I talked to him. jestem na haju zjarany

• sassliksasslik Member

@kait said:

Same, he started rambling about LoTR when I talked to him. jestem na haju zjarany

Ohh polish, that explain everything. :D

Thanked by 1kait
  • kaitkait Member

@sasslik said:

@kait said:

Ohh polish, that explain everything. :D

Yup.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • kenwongkenwong Member

Marek will not get fired because he is one of the two Directors :smile: But overall he is a nice guy.

• That's one insane CTO.

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@kenwong said:
    Marek will not get fired because he is one of the two Directors :smile: But overall he is a nice guy.

This settles it. <3

• LeviLevi Member

@kenwong said:
    But overall he is a nice guy.

Sure. He is not to blame, his surroundings are in fault.

• kenwongkenwong Member

@Levi said:

@kenwong said:
    But overall he is a nice guy.

Sure. He is not to blame, his surroundings are in fault.

Doesn't defending him. But also doesn't really care.

• after seeing what sort of people are running some of the more successful hosting companies, I am tempted to start one, if they can do it ...

whos interested in basement servers in India?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @cybertech said:

@vpsgay said:
    You just need to know xtom is belong to a Chinese,That’s why.

im not sure Marek is a Chinese name.

@kait said:

@fluffernutter said:
    wow, this killed xtom in my eyes. Used to recommend them, never ever again. Was even considering them for transit, but I guess there's no point in continuing that now.

I've heard that this is the same Marek that got fired from LocIX because he send nazi pictures in support tickets... :joy:

I don't think he's Marek Ziółkowski from locix.
    Marek Ziółkowski though always uses nazi&nsfw pictures, but I think it's not malicious

• kaitkait Member
    edited March 23

@BetaRacks said: I don't think he's Marek Ziółkowski from locix.
    Marek Ziółkowski though always uses nazi&nsfw pictures, but I think it's not malicious

I think the xTom Marek is the LocIX Marek...

Thanked by 2marcopolio VittG
  • @kait said:

@BetaRacks said: I don't think he's Marek Ziółkowski from locix.

I think the xTom Marek is the LocIX Marek...

he needs to polish on his customer service.

• We used them in Talinn and up until the end of 2023 things were pretty good. Hardly any issues. Then 2 months ago mid Feb 2024 we had a ticket that ended up similar to what OP is experiencing. Very strange, almost like they are trolling. Ended up having to cancel all which is a shame because they really are solid in Talinn. Their solution was something like "k thx bai". Strange people.

Thanked by 2sillycat VittG
  • matey0matey0 Member

In a way it's nice that they are able to feel free to be themselves and behave however they want without having to fear losing their job or business. Very rare these days.
    But on the other hand it's pretty disrespectful and just dumb to react to friendly constructive criticism like that.

Thanked by 1VittG
  • sassliksasslik Member
    edited March 23

@spambait said:
    We used them in Talinn and up until the end of 2023 things were pretty good. Hardly any issues. Then 2 months ago mid Feb 2024 we had a ticket that ended up similar to what OP is experiencing. Very strange, almost like they are trolling. Ended up having to cancel all which is a shame because they really are solid in Talinn. Their solution was something like "k thx bai". Strange people.

You can go straight to Wavecom since they were reselling their service anyway. Or cheaper would be Zone Media.

Thanked by 1spambait
  • zGatozGato Member
    edited March 23

@sasslik said:

@spambait said:
    We used them in Talinn and up until the end of 2023 things were pretty good. Hardly any issues. Then 2 months ago mid Feb 2024 we had a ticket that ended up similar to what OP is experiencing. Very strange, almost like they are trolling. Ended up having to cancel all which is a shame because they really are solid in Talinn. Their solution was something like "k thx bai". Strange people.

You can go straight to Wavecom since they were reselling their service anyway.

and they'll give you better network/routing. xTom's EE peering is absolute garbage, everything is just re-routed through Germany or somewhere there. 60ms to Hetzner Helsinki is ridiculous.

Thanked by 2sasslik spambait
  • sassliksasslik Member

@zGato said:

@sasslik said:

@spambait said:

and they'll give you better network/routing. xTom's EE peering is absolute garbage, everything is just re-routed through Germany or somewhere there. 60ms to Hetzner Helsinki is ridiculous.

Ohh really, was looking at some point them, but for some reason choose something else. Did you use any chance another location like London or Amsterdam?

Thanked by 1spambait
  • zGatozGato Member

@sasslik said:

@zGato said:

@sasslik said:

@spambait said:

Ohh really, was looking at some point them, but for some reason choose something else. Did you use any chance another location like London or Amsterdam?

https://check-host.net/check-report/16f9ab41k7ff

Amsterdam from a reseller, seems mostly fine, as it's basically the heart of the internet in EU, they can't re-route that.

Thanked by 2sasslik spambait
  • @sasslik said:

Bookmarked. Not sure about the BGP though. I will make a sales ticket.

• sassliksasslik Member
    edited March 23

@spambait said:

@sasslik said:

Also Zone Media is offering vps for good price (bc usually in Estonia its expensive asf), dedicated servers are vey expensive thoo. They are nr1 in Estonia.

• LeviLevi Member

@sasslik said:

@spambait said:

@sasslik said:

Also Zone Media is offering vps for good price (bc usually in Estonia its expensive asf), dedicated servers are vey expensive thoo. They are nr1 in Estonia.

Is this a good price?

Also, note their VPS plan names. Wtf. But a plus from me is for fujitsu branded servers. I have a sweet tooth for fujitsu servers.

• wotetiwoteti Member

@matey0 said:
    In a way it's nice that they are able to feel free to be themselves and behave however they want without having to fear losing their job or business. Very rare these days.
    But on the other hand it's pretty disrespectful and just dumb to react to friendly constructive criticism like that.

Great attitude for a public figure on the internet - an author, podcaster, or perhaps influencer - trying to build a following of "alpha" types (which can't be true because actual alphas don't flock like that but that's another discussion).

However, stay the fuck away from managing some else's infrastructure (especially mine). Anyone who has an important infra to run just got introduced to a new name to avoid.

Well, I guess there are still people looking for a vps for torrenting game of thrones, as I did in the past. Infra, schminfra....

• LeviLevi Member

@woteti said: However, stay the fuck away from managing some else's infrastructure (especially mine).

Are you saying that if one dude has remarks on other dudes infra he should keep it for him-self? Even if that infra serving paying customers and remark(s) may (or may not) improve overall being of said infra?

What the hell is that?

• wotetiwoteti Member

@Levi said:

@woteti said: However, stay the fuck away from managing some else's infrastructure (especially mine).

Are you saying that if one dude has remarks on other dudes infra he should keep it for him-self? Even if that infra serving paying customers and remark(s) may (or may not) improve overall being of said infra?

What the hell is that?

The STFA comment was directed at the colorful personality at the center of the thread, not the poster I responded to.

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Host Rep, Veteran

This is next level :D

• VittGVittG Member
    edited March 23

Some updates!

After the kind mail from David G., I received nothing else in writing from them, not even a read receipt for my reply.

Anway, the reported problem seems to have been solved, since the flap of the subnets of their entire Frankfurt fra02 location has not happened again after approximately one day. So, thank you very much! :relaxed:

But, I can also see that since approx. 2 hours ago, they blackholed one of my IPv4's and IPv6 /64 from these locations of them: Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, London and Tallinn (possibly just the ones where that Marek is the entire NOC).

It's interesting to note that I never told them what IPv4 or IPv6 in Frankfurt I was pinging, and from where (they just knew the source AS). I didn't even tell them whose customers of them I'm a customer of. But, they still seem to have blackholed exactly the very same addresses I was running mtr from (and nothing else)!

I have to note that my blackholed IPs have reverse DNS containing the same domain I used to mail them. (But not the pinged IPv4 or IPv6 in their network.)

So, beware, I hope they did not really sniff their traffic at such a low level just to apply a childish block like this... But anyway, and also after reading some quite interesting things in this thread... I'd say that I don't think I'll miss their network so much after all :relieved:

• JabJabJabJab Member

Drama continues

This discussion has been closed.