Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Humans Only, Please! - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Humans Only, Please!

Comments

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited January 23

@Stradale said:

@Francisco said:
    Put a captcha on the post form.

Francisco

I mean if somebody really wanted it wouldn't really prevent anything. There's AI captcha solvers these days.

There is AI nowadays for anything: text, images, video, you name it. AI is a tool of the future - sure it might make people dumber and lazier, but it is evolution.

The problem is not the tool, the problem in this case is what causes people to use this tool for spamming, and it all began with a purple provider. In the end users will likely pay the price with more rules onto them (not onto providers who pay bilohbucks).

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@FranzVonVirMach said:

@jbiloh said:
    I think it's great to see all this feedback from everyone.

Thank you

More soon!

Soon™?

Sounds all too familiar. You used this same famous word for something that never materialized around 10 years ago.

No improvements in 10 years, eh?

• davidedavide Member
    edited January 23

I'm not gonna solve any more captchas than what's absolutely needed in my miserable life. It already takes me 15 minutes to send 5 stupid euros over a SEPA transfer.

• emghemgh Member
    edited January 23

I made an extension that hides old offer threads

Sadly site loads in a little longer as its processing

Don’t want layout changes mid load, so not rendering the body until its done

Only for home and /discussions to minimize that

Used GPT with manual adjustmemts since I don’t program in JS, no doubt it can be very improved (even I can think of many things but I cba)

It’s parsing the RSS feed, and using the offers post dates in there, matching to threads here, and removing and once done, rendering

It saves the RSS in localstorage for 24 h

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Stradale said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I mean if somebody really wanted it wouldn't really prevent anything. There's AI captcha solvers these days.

Simply smacking people spamming should deter a lot of it. Letting them do it for literal years and playing stupid just leads everyone to the fact that it’s condoned.

People have been complaining about this for years and had no action. All I can think is that the site is seeing a hit to revenue. The spam is fine until it isn’t.

If someone is willing to spend good money to spam bump a sales thread you can probably assume they’re doing it for some sort of kickback.

Francisco

Thanked by 1fart
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jbiloh said:

@FranzVonVirMach said:

@jbiloh said:

Thank you

More soon!

Soon™?

Sounds all too familiar. You used this same famous word for something that never materialized around 10 years ago.

You’re going to get smacked with ipv6 you know?

We complained about this when you wanted to introduce the tags and you said it would be resolved. It wasent.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@jbiloh said:

@FranzVonVirMach said:

@jbiloh said:

Thank you

More soon!

Soon™?

We complained about this when you wanted to introduce the tags and you said it would be resolved. It wasent.

Francisco

Summoning His Grace @yoursunny - Advocate for IPv6.

• emghemgh Member

@default said:

@Francisco said:

@jbiloh said:

@FranzVonVirMach said:

@jbiloh said:

Thank you

More soon!

Soon™?

Francisco

Summoning His Grace @yoursunny - Advocate for IPv6.

ipv6 is for furries

• LeviLevi Member
    edited January 23

@emgh said:

Used GPT with manual adjustmemts since I don’t program in JS, no doubt it can be very improved (even I can think of many things but I cba)

It’s parsing the RSS feed, and using the offers post dates in there, matching to threads here, and removing and once done, rendering

You may ask gpt to optimize your code. I have some good experience when gpt converted legacy bash script into go and go into c++ for extreme optimization. Give gpt use case, provide problem and ask to do best.

• emghemgh Member
    edited January 23

@Levi said:

@emgh said:

You may ask gpt to optimize your code. I have some good experience when gpt converted legacy bash script into go and go into c++ for extreme optimization. Give gpt use case, provide problem and ask to do best.

It did its best, bigger part of the optimization I did by hand though. Honestly it’s not slow per se, it’s just very noticable, I mean how would you parse the posts live, as the site loads, and in real time figure out what not to show based on external data (as the HTML don’t show post date) and render the filtered threads without there being a delay that can be felt?

If you can figure out a way in theory, I can probably implement it, I’m just not sure how that would be accomplished

• emghemgh Member
    edited January 23

I guess bad threads can be saved locally forever, and you can filter against these on before rendering, and filter once again after rendering with the RSS data to minimize layout shifts while loading with less delay

Idk

• @emgh said:
    I guess bad threads can be saved locally forever, and you can filter against these on before rendering, and filter once again after rendering with the RSS data to minimize layout shifts while loading with less delay

Idk

You guys are taking LET too seriously.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@default said:

@emgh said:

Idk

Something fun to think about while I do my daily cardio

I fucking hate doing my daily cardio

Thanked by 1default
  • @emgh said:

@default said:

@emgh said:

Idk

Watch some adult content while doing your cardio. This should trigger endorphins and adrenaline to give you more energy for cardio.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited January 23

@default said:

@emgh said:

@default said:

@emgh said:

Idk

Watch some adult content while doing your cardio. This should trigger endorphins and adrenaline to give you more energy for cardio.

At least 4 people can currently see my screen

It sure would trigger some adrenaline

Thanked by 1default
  • @emgh said:

@default said:

@emgh said:

@default said:

@emgh said:

Idk

At least 4 people can currently see my screen

It sure would trigger some adrenaline

Awesome. The more, the better. Exercising is good.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • ErisaErisa Member

@Stradale said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I dunno it works pretty well as a deterrent for regular everyday skids with no money and nothing to lose. Once you start requiring effort, you only have the big players and rich skids left to contend with. An open door invites spam, a closed door is less appetising.

• @Erisa said:

@Stradale said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I dunno it works pretty well as a deterrent for regular everyday skids with no money and nothing to lose. Once you start requiring effort, you only have the big players and rich skids left to contend with. An open door invites spam, a closed door is less appetising.

Maybe the problem is not the door. Maybe the problem is someone advertising outside the door for everybody to get in and spam for free prizes.

But no, ignore that. This is not about providers. Spam is the problem.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • emghemgh Member

@Erisa said: rich skids

"Price per 1000: $1 - $2"

https://anti-captcha.com/

Adding such a hassle to post for everyone, only to stop spamming for SOME, instead of getting rid of the main problem, I mean..

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • ErisaErisa Member

You're both right, I was responding to one point in isolation without considering (or seeing) the bigger picture which is of course as you say.

@emgh said: "Price per 1000: $1 - $2"

I must have misremembered the prices, that's 💩 (poop emoji for those on old browsers)

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@Erisa said: poop emoji for those on old browsers

@davide is very thankful

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @Erisa said: I must have misremembered the prices, that's 💩 (poop emoji for those on old browsers)

Yeah, and it's striking to read the stories of people who are getting paid by these $1-2

https://kolostories.com/contents/list

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @emgh said: Adding such a hassle to post for everyone, only to stop spamming for SOME, instead of getting rid of the main problem, I mean..

Meanwhile does the guy who is the reason behind this mess have any view on these shitty marketing practices?

@dustinc?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

Credits to @MrEd

• MrEdMrEd Member

@emgh said:
    Credits to @MrEd

There are more stats in the page linked in my signature ;) Just scroll down and press buttons "Load data" :)

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited January 23

@MrEd said: There are more stats in the page linked in my signature ;) Just scroll down and press buttons "Load data" :)

Nice, very cool!

About scraping, I recently found: https://github.com/kaliiiiiiiiii/Selenium-Driverless

Did some testing, extremely effective for me compared to other solutions

Thanked by 1MrEd
  • @spywork said:

@FAT32 said:

@Porlam said:
    Need LowEndCaptcha

Already have that during BF...

We love to spam "Moarrrrr" during the bf event, only this sin :D

It's easy to catch a machine spammer.

Machines spell it "More"

Us human "Moarrrr"

Case closed.

Thanked by 2spywork yoursunny
  • MrEdMrEd Member

@emgh said:

@MrEd said: There are more stats in the page linked in my signature ;) Just scroll down and press buttons "Load data" :)

Nice, very cool!

About scraping, I recently found: https://github.com/kaliiiiiiiiii/Selenium-Driverless

Did some testing, extremely effective for me compared to other solutions

Thevamount of open tabs on my phone has increased :D No time for it right now, but looks interesting :D

Thanked by 1emgh
  • does this service pays us (customers) to solve captcha?

• @JasonM said:

does this service pays us (customers) to solve captcha?

Are you being serious?