Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Humans Only, Please! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Humans Only, Please!

Comments

• neohneoh Member

@Ght said: LET its not special anymore

Not true.

Thanked by 1host_c
  • Thanked by 2default FrankZ
  • What about catgirls

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Well @Francisco explained the situation in detail but unfortunately @jbiloh as his habits ignored @Francisco

So personally for me there's no hope for LET, And will never renew for provider tag..

For me LET is dead when @jbiloh took control of it..

For him Suger Daddy is more important that other providers

My 50 cents :tongue:

Hope he will not ban me just because of this comment

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@ViridWeb said: Well @Francisco explained the situation in detail but unfortunately @jbiloh as his habits ignored @Francisco

>

I have no doubt He reads whatever critical things I write, and i'm sure he knows that much of it is correct. If he was to do what I said though it'd absolutely kill "engagement" on here though.

I would pick one of the RN threads and take the last 20 - 30 pages and see how many 'real' replies there is. No spammy or from spammy people. Questions, things like that.

There's actual advertisement fraud going on here when you have people spamming up those threads. How many organic/"real" replies are there on some of his threads? Are we even getting to 50%? I suspect it's more like 80%+ is just heavy spam, and much of it Dustin encouraged.

He knows this shit is going on but ignores it. If I ran a forum and my biggest thread is getting 1000's of replies a day, I'd probably check in to see what's up and probably even engage in it. Jon claims he ignores/ignored the thread basically. Come on now.

People all caps spamming 'FREE BANDWIDTH' or 'GIVEAWAY' or things like that. It artificially inflates views, hits, and 'engagement', but only in those few threads. It does nothing for the site other than @jbiloh telling people about how many views/hits the sites get.

Now to be fair to him, LET doesn't list hits/views/etc on the bysellads page, you pay a fixed rate, regardless. He does mention a CPM target though for LEB/LET.

There isn't an easy or cheap fix though. Jon took on a lot of new costs to run the site (advertisements, some sort of wage for the LEB writers, maybe even the LET mods, THE CLUSTER 2.0, etc). I don't think LET provider tags reached his initial goal either.

Francisco

• mrl22mrl22 Member

I didn't even know this was a thing.

My question is why would they?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

We are expecting to make the new rule announcement related to giveaways and offer threads by EOW.

• GhtGht Member

@ascicode said:

@Ght said:
    @jbiloh , LET its not special anymore , you made this forum full of ADS and you dont care about scammers , if they pay you $200 for a Provider Tag then they are free to go and to scamm all members here. This is not first time happening , so can you tell me what is here so special ? @repuc scammed more then 1000 members here , he stolen our money and you didnt do nothing.

In the end the user is dumb not biloh. Every provider can pray everything is fine, but the problems always occur later.

I didnt called anyone "dumb" , and your logic is wrong.

Qeustion: Who is responsible for our loses here by ur logic ? Do you know how the world works ? If in a random state would be a thief and steal something from you , you would call the police right ? But here we cant call anyone to help us , or at least to prevent this shit happening again and again. So please write with logic because i dont want to blame individs , but someone must stop this shit bro.

• @jbiloh said:
    We are expecting to make the new rule announcement related to giveaways and offer threads by EOW.

I hope you completely ban them. "order #321t532 double my bandwidth" content is worse than scripts/ai generated shit.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • WolfWolf Member

@Francisco said:

@ViridWeb said: Well @Francisco explained the situation in detail but unfortunately @jbiloh as his habits ignored @Francisco

>

I have no doubt He reads whatever critical things I write, and i'm sure he knows that much of it is correct. If he was to do what I said though it'd absolutely kill "engagement" on here though.

I would pick one of the RN threads and take the last 20 - 30 pages and see how many 'real' replies there is. No spammy or from spammy people. Questions, things like that.

There's actual advertisement fraud going on here when you have people spamming up those threads. How many organic/"real" replies are there on some of his threads? Are we even getting to 50%? I suspect it's more like 80%+ is just heavy spam, and much of it Dustin encouraged.

He knows this shit is going on but ignores it. If I ran a forum and my biggest thread is getting 1000's of replies a day, I'd probably check in to see what's up and probably even engage in it. Jon claims he ignores/ignored the thread basically. Come on now.

People all caps spamming 'FREE BANDWIDTH' or 'GIVEAWAY' or things like that. It artificially inflates views, hits, and 'engagement', but only in those few threads. It does nothing for the site other than @jbiloh telling people about how many views/hits the sites get.

Now to be fair to him, LET doesn't list hits/views/etc on the bysellads page, you pay a fixed rate, regardless. He does mention a CPM target though for LEB/LET.

There isn't an easy or cheap fix though. Jon took on a lot of new costs to run the site (advertisements, some sort of wage for the LEB writers, maybe even the LET mods, THE CLUSTER 2.0, etc). I don't think LET provider tags reached his initial goal either.

Francisco

I have to admit I did enjoy those threads in the beginning, but ultimately, they got me to quit LET. I was annoyed with all the bumps and threads, just fighting for my attention. Don't even feel like glazing over all topics to differentiate between legit and spam — ones anymore. I miss the 'real' discussions as to how to minimize usage, utilize IPv6 only and such.

• Hey, how many VPS have this user? https://lowendtalk.com/profile/comments/cai my god is bandwidth is huge doubled. The master VPS idling here!

• @itsdeadjim said:

@jbiloh said:

I hope you completely ban them. "order #321t532 double my bandwidth" content is worse than scripts/ai generated shit.

Go to see in Racknerd threads the account message Who ordered a VPS and post for double the bandwidth. All of this "account" (i think it's not human) post only in Racknerd for double resource. This is the the dark side of LET

@spywork said: Go to see in Racknerd threads the account message Who ordered a VPS and post for double the bandwidth. All of this "account" (i think it's not human) post only in Racknerd for double resource. This is the the dark side of LET

This was supposed to be resolved with the introduction of the provider tags. Threads would be bump'able for a week or so, maybe 2 at most.

Instead, he has a thread since 2022 still getting bumped as of January 1st. That last bump is just a "," reply, and it bumps up.

He has a few closed threads, but it's possible they're closed because he doesn't offer that plan/location/whatever anymore, so no point.

I'm ragging on him, but he's very much patient zero for much of this. Many other providers have learned that if they don't do the same, they'll get pushed off the home page within hours or less. I'm fairly sure @MannDude had no interest in doing his incog threads the same way and had users replying "Pointless bump" in a sort of protest.

It's silly and just makes the site unusable. I'm one of the last 'old guards' around, and I basically just come on here if someone mentions me, I'm sent a DM, or a thread like this where I can keep ringing the bell on this.

I don't take part in the few actual discussions that happen anymore. It's just a spammy mess.

Francisco

• emghemgh Member

@jbiloh In all honesty, this is a defining moment. Should those new rules be "don't post more than once an hour" or something like that, I'm calling that this place will slowly crawl into irrelevance.

• emghemgh Member

order #4929482

thx

double brain cells pls

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited January 22

I am genuinely shocked that @Francisco still tries - I think most people gave up here and ended with "if you can't beat them, join them" approach. However LET is not his selling channel (selling, lol, OOS 24/7) so maybe he don't need to cave.

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • emghemgh Member

@JabJab said:
    I am genuinely shocked that @Francisco still tries - I think most people gave up here and ended with "if you can't beat them, join them" approach. However LET is not his selling channel (selling, lol, OOS 24/7) so maybe he don't need to cave.

Not the same target audience IMO.

Honestly, I think BuyVM would lose clients if he behaved like that on here.

@JabJab said:

I put minimal effort. I take part in the LET discord more than I do here.

The BuyVM discord is larger than that community and I try to chat there more since it has a lot more discussion.

Francisco

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • emghemgh Member

@Francisco said: I put minimal effort.

Busy updating the website with the latest details, I see.

Thanked by 2marcopolio Francisco
  • @JabJab said:

It's also fair to note that the admirable effort by @FrankZ is what inspired this debate. But it's up to management to see how and where they wish to steer the forum.

As far as I can tell, robot/AI posting is not what plagues the forum. It's the meaningless advertising thread bumps (that are in fact encouraged, instead of frowned upon if not outright prohibited).

That at least is how it seems to me.

Relja

• emghemgh Member

Update: No, still a whole datacenter missing from the site :D

• @bikegremlin said: As far as I can tell, robot/AI posting is not what plagues the forum. It's the meaningless advertising thread bumps (that are in fact encouraged, instead of frowned upon if not outright prohibited).

I try to avoid buying from providers with such "marketing" practices, but it's getting harder and harder, because it has become the norm. (thus it's useless as a marketing practice anyway)

let's #cancel providers who request bumps

• Like I have mentioned in the beginning of this thread, the root of all these problems are when people are encouraged to spam. If you cannot deal with the source, you need to deal with it from the forum's side.

• ascicodeascicode Member
    edited January 22

@Ght said:

@ascicode said:

@Ght said:
    @jbiloh , LET its not special anymore , you made this forum full of ADS and you dont care about scammers , if they pay you $200 for a Provider Tag then they are free to go and to scamm all members here. This is not first time happening , so can you tell me what is here so special ? @repuc scammed more then 1000 members here , he stolen our money and you didnt do nothing.

In the end the user is dumb not biloh. Every provider can pray everything is fine, but the problems always occur later.

Qeustion: Who is responsible for our loses here by ur logic ? Do you know how the world works ? If in a random state would be a thief and steal something from you , you would call the police right ? But here we cant call anyone to help us , or at least to prevent this shit happening again and again. So please write with logic because i dont want to blame individs , but someone must stop this shit bro.

The user itself, because the user decided to try the hoster and nobody knows the time frame until the exit scam happens. You can prevent that by ordering the smallest package, so the provider see, theres no worth here to invest and you would only loose peanuts.
    The reputable providers allready knows you and are open for larger investments so can be a small one.

Well this thread is abour spam.
    I want to mention, that gifs and pictures are tending to spam, so in thread.

Edit: It would be really easy, if just everyone stops the spamming instead of saying its BS but doing it in the same time.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I think it's great to see all this feedback from everyone.

Thank you

More soon!

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited January 23

@jbiloh said:

Thank you

More soon!

Indeed. Until today there was no feedback. Many users did not leave so far because of spam and nobody left any feedback so far. The last week was extremely special, and the ban on @FrankZ was the first step in the right direction for triggering such feedback onto community rules (not provider fault, it was never about providers). All this happened now for the very first time in 2 years and I thank you beforehand for discovering this and for bringing this up within an announcement thread.

/s

• AllHost_RepAllHost_Rep Member, Patron Provider

A rule change on thread spam would be welcomed, until then:

(particularly as it's now pay to play)

• GhtGht Member

@ascicode said:

@Ght said:

@ascicode said:

@Ght said:

The user itself, because the user decided to try the hoster and nobody knows the time frame until the exit scam happens. You can prevent that by ordering the smallest package, so the provider see, theres no worth here to invest and you would only loose peanuts.
    The reputable providers allready knows you and are open for larger investments so can be a small one.

Well this thread is abour spam.
    I want to mention, that gifs and pictures are tending to spam, so in thread.

Edit: It would be really easy, if just everyone stops the spamming instead of saying its BS but doing it in the same time.

So again , with this logic you are pushing more users to buy a provider tag order some ips a dedicated server , share it and scam people on LET for 9.99$ year vps ? You and mee maybe will not buy it but another 1000 users will , but nvm i cant do nothing myself until the most of you understand what the heck its going on.

• @jbiloh said:

Thank you

More soon!

Soon™?

Sounds all too familiar. You used this same famous word for something that never materialized around 10 years ago.

• @Francisco said:
    Put a captcha on the post form.

Francisco

I mean if somebody really wanted it wouldn't really prevent anything. There's AI captcha solvers these days.