Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Humans Only, Please! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Humans Only, Please!

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

Speaking about purple daddy, it seems crunchy daddy is trying to dethrone him.

• _MS__MS_ Member

@ehab said: nut cracker

Here are some nutcrackers for you. :lol:

Thanked by 2ehab bdl
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ehab said:
    i have balls for everywhere/everyone except when @yoursunny does pushups. he's a nut cracker.

We don't have a nutcracker.
    Wonderful pistachios are sold pre-cracked and can be peeled by hand effortlessly.
    For the few uncracked pieces in a bag, we crack them with a small hammer.

• ehabehab Member
    edited January 21

hahahahaha

oh dear

no covers/protections.

but thats one way to make it strong.

• emghemgh Member

@jar said: The solution to spammy offer threads is quite simple, and @FrankZ knew precisely the solution. Providers and users must take full advantage of every opportunity to be equally annoying. Every provider thread should be a mess of useless comments that cause the database size to grow exponentially by the hour, and every user should contribute within the confines of the community rules.

Well, he got banned for it.. I honestly can't really make sense of it..

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 21

@emgh said: Well, he got banned for it.. I honestly can't really make sense of it..

His ban just makes me think of this scene:

TLDR @FrankZ is batman.

• @jar said: His ban just makes me think of this scene:

Lack of pixels?

Thanked by 2jar ehab
  • ehabehab Member

what Frank got banned?

• emghemgh Member

@ehab said:
    what Frank got banned?

no

• @JabJab said:

@lewellyn said: My experience has been that if they're sitting on LET 24/7, with instant responses constantly, they're not running their business...

What if they are NOT one (wo)man business and that guy on LET only job is to handle marketing aka LET? So they bad according to your views? ^.-

I would have the expectation that they'd be a Host Rep, not a Provider then! My experience thus far on LET has been that the user with the Provider tag does the most stuff for keeping things running at the provider.

That said, sure, lots of hosts check LET throughout the day. But it's the ones who seemingly have replied to every post before you've had a chance for your own reply to load that are worrisome.

We see more of that in the spring and summer, though, for some reason.

@Levi said:

@JabJab said:

@lewellyn said: My experience has been that if they're sitting on LET 24/7, with instant responses constantly, they're not running their business...

What if they are NOT one (wo)man business and that guy on LET only job is to handle marketing aka LET? So they bad according to your views? ^.-

There is no womans running low end hosting business.

Sadly, this is more true than not.

• should be update "The Rules" ⚠️

• One of the reasons I stopped following any threads that have the post spam to win culture as @FAT32 mentioned. I'm down with flash giveaways where you have to post/spam a phrase and the first X users get something, as those will be occasional only but flooding threads with thousands of useless posts that are not even related to the thread subject is definitely annoying and is probably what stopped many people from following what's new in those threads.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @ehab said:
    what Frank got banned?

for 7 fullmoon

• davidedavide Member
    edited January 22

@yoursunny said:
    Wonderful pistachios are sold pre-cracked and can be peeled by hand effortlessly.

Pistachios or nuts in general are 30€/Kg in this beautiful idiotic country. Pine nuts really go nuts and manage to reach 70€/Kg. For how much do you get them? Yes make me suffer, I need it :)

• emghemgh Member

@davide said: Yes make me suffer, I need it :)

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • I feel a little worse now. Thank you :)

Thanked by 1emgh
  • LeviLevi Member

@davide said:
    I feel a little worse now. Thank you :)

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited January 22

@davide said:
    I feel a little worse now. Thank you :)

Great, let me know when you need a refill.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited January 22

In my opinion @FrankZ enjoys this spam drama without being logged in, while enjoying pistachios? This drama is way too good for popcorn, because it will affect the whole community.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited January 22

@davide said:

@yoursunny said:

Pistachios or nuts in general are 30€/Kg in this beautiful idiotic country. Pine nuts really go nuts and manage to reach 70€/Kg. For how much do you get them? Yes make me suffer, I need it :)

Wonderful Pistachios lightly salted 16oz $8.99

Giant pine nuts 4oz $8.99

Thanked by 1davide
  • emghemgh Member
    edited January 22

Get out of here with your wizard of oz looking measurements

• I am a bot

• No Abominable Intelligence.
    No Xenos.

humansonly

Thanked by 1host_c
  • mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:
    Put a captcha on the post form.

Francisco

Captchas can be gamed as others have said through APIs that connect to an MTurk like human backend pool but they can also severely downgrade UX across the whole website when attacks increase. This has been an issue with Stripe for example, the same captcha provider that barely interrupts you on other less abused site always interrupts me on Stripe every single time.

This could be disastrous for engagement on a forum where even a single bad actor could trick the captcha into triggering for every single user and get more aggressive the more you (try to) post. Negative feedback loop 💥

Pavin.

• Human only you say?

All for it but. Last we need is a bunch of people one upping themselves in a competition via automated posting. Perhaps warnings could have gone out first, but I agree with the end game and intent.

• GhtGht Member

@jbiloh , LET its not special anymore , you made this forum full of ADS and you dont care about scammers , if they pay you $200 for a Provider Tag then they are free to go and to scamm all members here. This is not first time happening , so can you tell me what is here so special ? @repuc scammed more then 1000 members here , he stolen our money and you didnt do nothing.

• @Ght said:
    @jbiloh , LET its not special anymore , you made this forum full of ADS and you dont care about scammers , if they pay you $200 for a Provider Tag then they are free to go and to scamm all members here. This is not first time happening , so can you tell me what is here so special ? @repuc scammed more then 1000 members here , he stolen our money and you didnt do nothing.

• davidedavide Member
    edited January 22

@emgh said:
    Get out of here with your wizard of oz looking measurements

"Two Dollars for a Fistful of Pine Nuts". Sergio Leone should make a movie on it.

Because one ounce was supposed to be the weight of one fistful of wheat grain... wtf.

• @Ght said:

In the end the user is dumb not biloh. Every provider can pray everything is fine, but the problems always occur later.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned