Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: Cloudie Networks breached - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: Cloudie Networks breached

Comments

• @emgh said:

@Mustafa said:

@emgh said:

@Mustafa said:

@emgh said:

@Mustafa said:

@emgh said: So you sent the email? I was just about to ask you, since it sounded very much like you wrote it, at least that’s the feeling I got reading it.

It wasn't me who sent the email.

If it was you, would you tell us?

I probably would, no reason not to, its not like I have any reputation here lmao.

Aight

You do have reputation though

The reputation of spending so much time and effort on getting back in that not a single mod or admin even has the energy to ban you again

That’s quite an achievement tbh

At least I helped influence positive changes on this shitty ass forum.
    I'm not done yet though.

What changes though?

I’m all ears, but you being tolerated isn’t really a policy change I’d say, I honestly think they’re just not getting paid enough (nothing) to put the effort in to keep you out lol

@SirFoxy being fired.
    4 scummy patron providers gone, so far.
    and community starting to look at how big of a shithole LET has become.

• @Mustafa said:

@emgh said:

@Mustafa said:

@emgh said:

@Mustafa said:

@emgh said:

@Mustafa said:

@emgh said: So you sent the email? I was just about to ask you, since it sounded very much like you wrote it, at least that’s the feeling I got reading it.

It wasn't me who sent the email.

If it was you, would you tell us?

I probably would, no reason not to, its not like I have any reputation here lmao.

Aight

You do have reputation though

The reputation of spending so much time and effort on getting back in that not a single mod or admin even has the energy to ban you again

That’s quite an achievement tbh

At least I helped influence positive changes on this shitty ass forum.
    I'm not done yet though.

What changes though?

I’m all ears, but you being tolerated isn’t really a policy change I’d say, I honestly think they’re just not getting paid enough (nothing) to put the effort in to keep you out lol

@SirFoxy being fired.
    4 scummy patron providers gone, so far.
    and community starting to look at how big of a shithole LET has become.

He haven’t told me anything in private re. quitting, but if I were to guess he’s not lying about quitting himself but you’re not fully wrong either

My guess is that admins told him to stop being annoying in the thread or else, and he choose the else

But that’s just speculation as said

And as for the scammy hosts, I think we all knew. Even back in the day though, a lot of hosts failed (Nanobit.pro was one of my first LET hosts, they’re not with us anymore..)

But it does seem more organized now, same people coming back etc

And it also sets a weird precedent when forum owners make money when users lose money, as oposed to how it was (no paid provider tags)

• edited December 2023

@Mustafa said:
    All I can say, move to LowEndSpirit where community is the main goal, not money.

Yeah but LES is pretty boring (at least from what i remember). There's no serious traffic over there and little to no drama-cows to be milked :/

Thanked by 1thane
  • MustafaMustafa Member
    edited December 2023

@totally_not_banned said:

@Mustafa said:
    All I can say, move to LowEndSpirit where community is the main goal, not money.

Yeah but LES is pretty boring (at least from what i remember). There's no serious traffic over there :/

Lets make it change, make more people and providers move to it. Its the only way.
    LET/LEB will never be good again, I don't believe anything will change. I treat it only as entertainment

Thanked by 1sh97
  • edited December 2023

@Mustafa said:

@Mustafa said:

Yeah but LES is pretty boring (at least from what i remember). There's no serious traffic over there :/

Lets make it change, make more people and providers move to it. Its the only way.
    LET/LEB will never be good again, I don't believe anything will change.

You are probably right on that but as much as LET (was LEB ever any good?) won't become good again i don't see LES really taking off. It would take a majorly concerted effort and lets face it, saying that half of LET's userbase is made up of semi-illiterate monkeys that need about 2/3 of their mental capacity to keep from drooling is somewhat pretty painting it.

Thanked by 2Mustafa emgh
  • I've tried to enjoy OGF but most threads are dead and boring, and those that aren't, just constantly mention LET

I read 2 random threads there in the last few days, both swayed towards being about LET at the end

It's like not being LET is its identity to some degree, and I can see why it gets like that but it's not very exciting tbh..

• Wow even hostballs still exists and seems to at least get some posts. Wouldn't have thought of it to still be alive.

• emghemgh Member
    edited December 2023

@Mustafa said:

@Mustafa said:

You are probably right on that but as much as LET (was LEB ever any good?) won't become good again i don't see LES really taking off. It would take a majorly concerted effort and lets face it, saying that half of LET's userbase is made up of semi-illiterate monkeys that need about 2/3 of their mental capacity to keep from drooling is somewhat pretty painting it.

I definitely feel like stupidity has risen faster now compared to any prior year.

Most comments in provider threads are just whining.

Comparing yabs and being like "durrdurr this is 7 points lower on the geekbench multicore compared to the prior comment, and even though I'm on a shared cpu for a VPS I pay a coffee a year for, I'm going to spend the coming weeks repeatedly complaining about that very fact."

Funny thing is, the "this yab good" and "this yab bad" is the majority of comments on most offers.

As long as the offer isn't post order id to get double bandwidth, then that's the majority comment.

Worst part of it all is that I very very very rarely see anyone complain about not being able to run their application in a fast enough manner. It's just yab yab yab.

Thanked by 1tentor
  • @emgh said:

@Mustafa said:

@Mustafa said:

I definitely feel like stupidity has risen faster now compared to any prior year.

Most comments in provider threads are just whining.

Comparing yabs and being like "durrdurr this is 7 points lower on the geekbench multicore compared to the prior comment, and even though I'm not a shared cpu for a VPS I pay a coffee a year for, I'm going to spend the coming weeks repeatedly complaining about that very fact."

Funny thing is, the "this yab good" and "this yab bad" is the majority of comments on most offers.

As long as the offer isn't post order id to get double bandwidth, then that's the majority comment.

Worst part of it all is that I very very very rarely see anyone complain about not being able to run their application in a fast enough manner. It's just yab yab yab.

Yeah, i most of the time don't really know what people are doing with their services anyways (OK, maybe besides seedbox). There isn't much talk about actual usage anymore in general. I'm here since like a week before BF and there is one single incident i remember where an actual shell command was posted. On the other hand people squatting the Racknerd spamfest are eager to move to page 40, lets go guys!. I mean, sure mindless shitposting on BF is fun and all but the whole year? And for what? To catch some stupid little freebee? Shit and here i was thinking i had no life...

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @totally_not_banned said: I mean, sure mindless shitposting on BF is fun and all but the whole year? And for what? To catch some stupid little freebee? Shit and here i was thinking i had no life...

Definitely

I really enjoyed shit posting to the max on BF but it's a vibe

Very few intelligent conversations being had anymore

I think I can even recall the shell command you're referring to, I believe it was @jar and @davide showing off

It was a while ago, but I also cannot remember anything other such instance for a good time

• @emgh said:

@totally_not_banned said: I mean, sure mindless shitposting on BF is fun and all but the whole year? And for what? To catch some stupid little freebee? Shit and here i was thinking i had no life...

Definitely

I really enjoyed shit posting to the max on BF but it's a vibe

Very few intelligent conversations being had anymore

I think I can even recall the shell command you're referring to, I believe it was @jar and @davide showing off

It was a while ago, but I also cannot remember anything other such instance for a good time

Oh, then there were probably a whole two times. A guy on the @repuc thread (likely their single most intelligent client) made my how-to-remove-stupid-balloon-driver post into actual step by step instructions. To be fair i could have more or less (well, i didn't buy it and therefore had no testbed) also made the instructions myself but i was to lazy to invest the effort into such a silly project. Shame on me i guess...

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @emgh said:
    I've tried to enjoy OGF but most threads are dead and boring, and those that aren't, just constantly mention LET

I read 2 random threads there in the last few days, both swayed towards being about LET at the end

It's like not being LET is its identity to some degree, and I can see why it gets like that but it's not very exciting tbh..

For once LES has inspired me to create this thread, that's where I seen it first thanks to @Abd
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/7088/cloudie-networks-llc-data-leakage

• @Mustafa said:

@emgh said:
    I've tried to enjoy OGF but most threads are dead and boring, and those that aren't, just constantly mention LET

For once LES has inspired me to create this thread, that's where I seen it first thanks to @Abd

And now it consists of "OGF" lol

I'm not saying it's bad or anything, I lurk sometimes, I just have a hard time seeing it becoming "the replacement"

• @emgh said:

@Mustafa said:

@emgh said:

And now it consists of "OGF" lol

I'm not saying it's bad or anything, I lurk sometimes, I just have a hard time seeing it becoming "the replacement"

While its currently not a replacement, it contains a lot of LET related things, so u can get many of them anyways.
    Once it grows bigger, it becomes the other way around. That's why we must to make it become bigger for it to be even better.

• @Mustafa said:

@emgh said:

Interesting. It definitely has improved trafficwise since my last visit.

• @Mustafa said:
    I would like to complain Cloudie banned me from their Discord before I even managed to join. I'm not sure why do they dislike me, I guess I care more about their customers than Cloudie himself.

invites are turned off, you were not banned.

• @sillycat said: Are you sure? The Discord is owned by Cloudie, and it's also coincidentally included in almost every single Cloudie email template.

Yes I am sure! I do not work for Cloudie (in fact I'm not even a Cloudie customer), and the discord is entirely seperate from his business. As I have said multiple times, we would treat any provider breach the same way as this.

• @andrewnyr said:

@Mustafa said:
    I would like to complain Cloudie banned me from their Discord before I even managed to join. I'm not sure why do they dislike me, I guess I care more about their customers than Cloudie himself.

invites are turned off, you were not banned.

That's what it was.

Now its.

Its definitely a ban.

• edited December 2023

@Mustafa do you know if @AnthonySmith is still around? I heard he sold... what-was-the-name-again?

Edit: InceptionHosting or something like that?

• @Mustafa said: Its definitely a ban.

Bans are public, bdw.

• @totally_not_banned said:
    @Mustafa do you know if @AnthonySmith is still around? I heard he sold... what-was-the-name-again?

I do not know if he is still around.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @sillycat said:

@Mustafa said: Its definitely a ban.

Bans are public, bdw.

LMAO

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • @Mustafa said: Its definitely a ban.

All server joins are turned off, it was not a ban lol.

• @andrewnyr why did you ban tizian_weigt?

• @andrewnyr said:

@Mustafa said: Its definitely a ban.

All server joins are turned off, it was not a ban lol.

Wrong, stalker child.

Thanked by 2Mustafa kait
  • @sillycat said: stalker child

Name calling?

• @totally_not_banned said:
    @andrewnyr why did you ban tizian_weigt?

I haven't banned anyone in the past month.

• @andrewnyr said:

@sillycat said: stalker child

Name calling?

Enjoy prison

Thanked by 2sillycat kait
  • @andrewnyr said:

@sillycat said: stalker child

Name calling?

So?