Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: Cloudie Networks breached - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: Cloudie Networks breached

Comments

• plumbergplumberg Veteran
    edited December 2023

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:
    Pretty disappointed with @SmartHost for not chiming in after they were mentioned as being affected too.

Were they confirmed to be hit? I might have missed it, I’ve got more on my plate than I can handle trying to keep up with this topic.

If it wasn’t confirmed yet I wouldn’t trust it. The attacker may be at best intermittently trustworthy.

I don't remember exactly when but there was chatter on their discord (letbox) that suddenly people weren't able to login to whmcs panel and they simply noted that they reset passwords of all, just for security purposes...

I'm not sure if these are related or an entirely different breach happened earlier

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • SeussSeuss Member
    edited January 2

SmartHost/Letbox and their other brands were compromised regarding to attacker.
    But he claims he wont release their databases because they informed clients and treated it seriously. That or they paid the ransom.

Is there any client of them who got notified of the breach?

• SeussSeuss Member

@totally_not_banned said:

@FatGrizzly said:
    Banned OP told me that he was banned after linking to LES

Well, kind of, i guess? The link is still there. It's a couple pages back in this thread.

It was posted in this thread later and was removed, and account got banned.
    User @op23 quoted my post here https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3845678/#Comment_3845678
    But moderators edited it out.

• Maelstrom36Maelstrom36 Member
    edited January 2

@Seuss said:

@FatGrizzly said:

Well, kind of, i guess? The link is still there. It's a couple pages back in this thread.

User @op23 quoted my post here https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3845678/#Comment_3845678

If you're treesmokah, didn't you also help distribute stolen sql data to other members on another forum? Now wouldn't that make you an accomplice?

• SeussSeuss Member
    edited January 2

@Maelstrom36 said:

@Seuss said:

@FatGrizzly said:

If you're treesmokah, didn't you also help distribute stolen sql data to other members on another forum? Now wouldn't that make you an accomplice?

I did distribute it to long time members and affected people.
    I have addressed it already on LES with most of the people agreeing with it.
    No point in bringing it up again, lets not derail the thread further.

If it was supposed to be a "gotcha" moment, I said it and I'm gonna say it again, I don't think I did anything wrong and I would do it again. :)
    I believe in freedom of speech and information, distributing a public leak to provably affected and concerned members doesn't cross any lines in my mind.

If Cloudie or whoever the fuck is angry at me today doesn't like it, I advise him to contact proper authorities but most importantly, stop lying to his own customers and censoring what happened.

Thanked by 1adly
  • @Seuss said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@Seuss said:

@FatGrizzly said:

If it was supposed to be a "gotcha" moment, I said it and I'm gonna say it again, I don't think I did anything wrong and I would do it again. :)

So you admit to doing it and think it's not wrong? You were circulating stolen customer data to individuals whose involvement was uncertain. Wow.

• SeussSeuss Member
    edited January 2

@Maelstrom36 said:

@Seuss said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@Seuss said:

@FatGrizzly said:

So you admit to doing it and think it's not wrong? You were circulating stolen customer data to individuals whose involvement was uncertain. Wow.

Nothing I did was illegal :)
    If you think it was, contact authorities.

• Maelstrom36Maelstrom36 Member
    edited January 2

@Seuss said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@Seuss said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@Seuss said:

@FatGrizzly said:

Nothing I did was illegal :)

Ok.

• @Seuss said: Nothing I did was illegal

You're an idiot and criminal and the only reason you're getting away with all kinds of illegal shit you're doing over the internet is because you hide your identity well.
    But sooner or later life will catch you. Enjoy your time in prison then.

• SeussSeuss Member
    edited January 2

@FranzVonVirMach said:

@Seuss said: Nothing I did was illegal

You're an idiot and criminal and the only reason you're getting away with all kinds of illegal shit you're doing over the internet is because you hide your identity well.

What exactly would I go to prison for?
    In USA its perfectly legal to spread public leaks for research purposes, look at DDoSecrets, Wikileaks and more.

• HeinzHeinz Member
    edited January 2

You're in Poland, not in USA. Go back to your kiwi farm and stay there, shithead.

• SeussSeuss Member
    edited January 2

@Heinz said:
    Go back to your kiwi farm and stay there, shithead.

I like your profile picture, it reminds me of someone I know.

EDIT

@Heinz said: You're in Poland, not in USA.

Am I?! Enjoy prison, stalker child.
    My 7 proxy setup got backtraced...

• edited January 2

@Mustafa said: I've seen spicy shit in emails in this dump, ID scan links etc.

@Seuss said: I did distribute it

Using your own words!

• SeussSeuss Member
    edited January 2

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

@Mustafa said: I've seen spicy shit in emails in this dump, ID scan links etc.

@Seuss said: I did distribute it

Using your own words!

I was wrong on ID part :)
    They did use expiring links from 3rd parties, passed KYC links directly from RIPE/ARIN/whatever. They didn't touch the info nor store it to my knowledge.

I didn't care enough to click them until I was proven wrong.

• What you should report the hacked IP to the DC and let them know that way they can do something. I know he use all kind of IP I can see that on my log. Use this making little more hard https://go.whmcs.com/1781/

• @Seuss said:

@FranzVonVirMach said:

In USA its perfectly legal to spread public leaks for research purposes, look at DDoSecrets, Wikileaks and more.

The US is still trying to arrest the head of Wikileaks, who has been rotting away in a UK prison fighting extradition to the US.

• adlyadly Veteran
    edited January 3

@JosephF said:

@Seuss said:

@FranzVonVirMach said:

The US is still trying to arrest the head of Wikileaks, who has been rotting away in a UK prison fighting extradition to the US.

Say what you want about Assange and the UK, but to think he’s rotting away in the UK prison system drastically underestimates the potential reality should extradition to the US occur.

• @adly said:

@JosephF said:

@Seuss said:

@FranzVonVirMach said:

Say what you want about Assange and the UK, but to think he’s rotting away in the UK prison system drastically underestimates the potential reality should extradition to the US occur.

Assange has essentially been a prisoner for almost 12 years already. That's probably much longer than he would have spent in US prison if he surrendered right away. And now he's still facing a fresh US prison sentence.

Regardless, the main point of my comment was to correct @Seuss who said that what Wikileaks did was "perfectly legal" in the US.

• adlyadly Veteran

@JosephF said:

@adly said:

@JosephF said:

@Seuss said:

@FranzVonVirMach said:

Assange has essentially been a prisoner for almost 12 years already. That's probably much longer than he would have spent in US prison if he surrendered right away. And now he's still facing a fresh US prison sentence.

If someone chooses to imprison themselves for a number of years, I’m not sure any legal system would consider those years as time served. 🤷‍♂️

Regardless, the main point of my comment was to correct @Seuss who said that what Wikileaks did was "perfectly legal" in the US.

It remains to be seen whether it was legal in the US - the government may not like it, but until the accused is judged by the judicial system, we don’t know.

• edited January 3

@adly said:

@JosephF said:

It remains to be seen whether it was legal in the US - the government may not like it, but until the accused is judged by the judicial system, we don’t know.

Assange is not really comparable anyways. The reason they are after him is what he did being classified as espionage, treason, threat to national security or some shit like that. Circulating some stolen consumer data probably hardly touches those subjects.

Thanked by 1adly
  • host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

@totally_not_banned

Can we agree to disagree? :)

Stolen customer data goes exactly to the same place as credit card data.

https://www.europol.europa.eu/operations-services-and-innovation/public-awareness-and-prevention-guides/digital-skimming

• @host_c said:
    @totally_not_banned

Can we agree to disagree? :)

Stolen customer data goes exactly to the same place as credit card data.

https://www.europol.europa.eu/operations-services-and-innovation/public-awareness-and-prevention-guides/digital-skimming

Well, in the usual context that's probably the case. I figure the intent plays a role in determining the final status. Journalists often time handle and process stolen material (aka leaks) and noone would think they are somehow liable. How the case at hand would be weighted is another question though and i'm not a judge ;)

Thanked by 1host_c
  • kaitkait Member

@JosephF said: Regardless, the main point of my comment was to correct @Seuss who said that what Wikileaks did was "perfectly legal" in the US.

Wikileaks != Assange

Assanges charges have nothing to do with what Wikileaks is doing.

• @kait said:

@JosephF said: Regardless, the main point of my comment was to correct @Seuss who said that what Wikileaks did was "perfectly legal" in the US.

Wikileaks != Assange

Assanges charges have nothing to do with what Wikileaks is doing.

The US charges against Assange are directly tied into what he did at Wikileaks.

• kaitkait Member

@JosephF said: The US charges against Assange are directly tied into what he did at Wikileaks.

Are you sure about that?

• edited January 3

@kait said:

@JosephF said: The US charges against Assange are directly tied into what he did at Wikileaks.

Are you sure about that?

I'm not 100% sure but i think the collateral murder video, which Mannings(sp?) already got into a ton of trouble for, at least plays a role and i guess the material around xkeyscore and prism also isn't taken lightly by US officials.

• kaitkait Member

@kait said:

Are you sure about that?

I'm not 100% sure but i think the collateral murder video, which Mannings(sp?) already got into a ton of trouble for, at least plays a role and i guess the material around xkeyscore and prism also isn't taken lightly by US officials.

Yeah, the USA is big mad, but from what I can find it's all about Assange helping/recruiting hackers, like aiding mannings with a tutorial on how to setup tails or something like that. Because publishing materials like wikileaks did was fine, but helping the hackers isn't.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • JabJabJabJab Member

Amazing Cloudie Network discussion, fucking Assange hacked them it seems.

• @JabJab said:
    Amazing Cloudie Network discussion, fucking Assange hacked them it seems.

Obviously. That's probably the real reason the US is so keen on getting him after all. It's all starting to make sense now :D