Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: Cloudie Networks breached
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: Cloudie Networks breached

MustafaMustafa Member
edited December 2023 in General

They started it off with an E-Mail to Cloudie customers;

Dear name

Hello and Merry Christmas.

We are the WHMCSec security team. Recently we broke into Cloudie and obtained complete data.

We tried to communicate with him in a friendly manner and offered him $200 to help him improve security and avoid data leakage.

But he replied to us that he doesn't care about the security of user data.

And lied to you, claiming that the data was not leaked

Therefore we decided to release its complete database SQL DUMP within 24 hours, please join our Telegram group to learn more

[redacted]

Our goal is to clean up all hosting providers who are not responsible for customer data

In addition, we will also release data on SmartHost, LetBox, etc. in the near future.

Someone was extorting them and leaked their database:

Database was confirmed to be legitimate.

They also released tickets with talking to Cloudie about it:

Comments

• @Cloudie what happened?

• ailiceailice Member
    edited December 2023

What is leaked from their database? Is that only WHMCS-Related or their managed dump entire SQL Database included?

• @ailice said:
    What is leaked from their database? Is that only WHMCS-Related or their managed dump entire SQL Database included?

Only WHMCS, I'm willing to share it to people in DM's so they can check if they are affected.

• shruubshruub Member
    edited December 2023

I mean, I get that they just want some quick cash (of course, also clean up providers /s), but does it really make sense to release CUSTOMER DATA to just tell one hosting provider they suck?

Also, where's the telegram group link?

• MustafaMustafa Member
    edited December 2023

@shruub said:
    I mean, I get that they just want some quick cash (of course, also clean up providers), but does it really make sence to release CUSTOMER DATA to just tell one hosting provider they suck?

Dude, they are extortionists. They want money, if not they will do everything to make you look bad.

@shruub said: Also, where's the telegram group link?

Not gonna give them satisfaction, they were already sperging about LET in there.

• @Mustafa said:

@shruub said:
    I mean, I get that they just want some quick cash (of course, also clean up providers), but does it really make sence to release CUSTOMER DATA to just tell one hosting provider they suck?

Dude, they are extortionists. They want money, if not they will do everything to make you look bad.

Yeah. Must be the most ethical security team ever :^)

• @shruub said:

@Mustafa said:

@shruub said:

Yeah. Must be the most ethical security team ever :^)

It's always nice to have some moral high ground, even if you just want to wreck havoc and make some money while doing so, isn't it? ;)

Thanked by 1shruub
  • It happened when he installed a malicious plugin arbitrarily sent from whmcsservices mail engine. So the attacker first targeted whmcsservices then they got access to multi hosts than installed that said plugin. And i can confirm cloudie said the same as well, in whcmsservices thread earlier.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @shruub said:
    I mean, I get that they just want some quick cash (of course, also clean up providers /s), but does it really make sense to release CUSTOMER DATA to just tell one hosting provider they suck?

Also, where's the telegram group link?

Thanked by 1shruub
  • @Calin might be interested in the database

Thanked by 2dosai Pixels
  • This is getting good

• Other than the ones mentioned in the email, which other providers are affected?

• @jmaxwell said:
    @Calin might be interested in the database

More like QuadraNet

• Thats what i said the dates align perfectly the so-called hackers got the DB right after the WHMCSservices compromised mail service. And what they send? a malicious plugin update.

• @Mustafa said:
    This is getting good

I am curious who is feeding data? any insights?

Thanked by 1DeadlyChemist
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

Someone on LET had posted in a topic related to WHMCS Global Services the config.php file from Cloudie that included the database credentials and the whmcs license that I had checked and it was legitimate.
    Why did the moderators choose not to find out, let them tell us now, that they deleted the message (deleted, not edited).

Thanked by 4adly Mustafa Abd Porlam
  • @SmartHost any info?

• Change your passwords.

• @FlorinMarian said:
    Someone on LET had posted in a topic related to WHMCS Global Services the config.php file from Cloudie that included the database credentials and the whmcs license that I had checked and it was legitimate.
    Why did the moderators choose not to find out, let them tell us now, that they deleted the message (deleted, not edited).

If the post included database credentials, that ought to be removed. Why would anyone, let alone the moderators, would want something like that to be shared publicly?

• @Maelstrom36 said:

@FlorinMarian said:

If the post included database credentials, that ought to be removed. Why would anyone, let alone the moderators, would want something like that to be shared publicly?

That was not the point, point was moderators did not investigate it and didn't let anyone know about it.
    We would've known that the breach occurred earlier.

Thanked by 2adly Abd
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@Maelstrom36 said:

@FlorinMarian said:

It will be enough to remove that code block, specifying that it is not allowed to share leaks but is a thing to remove sensitive data and another one to remove any sign of leakage.

Thanked by 1adly
  • @Mustafa said:
    Only WHMCS, I'm willing to share it to people in DM's so they can check if they are affected.

I think you should not share it with anyone, I just can assume data was leaked and do some pre-action before got unattended action.

Also still looking some clarification from @Cloudie about this case.

• @Mustafa said:

@Maelstrom36 said:

@FlorinMarian said:

That was not the point, point was moderators did not investigate it and didn't let anyone know about it.
    We would've known that the breach occurred earlier.

The thread where it was supposedly posted in is still here? Link by @malignify posted by @Advin above.

• @ailice said:

@Mustafa said:

I think you should not share it with anyone, I just can assume data was leaked and do some pre-action before got unattended action.

It's not like it will make a huge difference. Malicious people will know where to get anyways.

• MustafaMustafa Member
    edited December 2023

@ailice said: I think you should not share it with anyone, I just can assume data was leaked and do some pre-action before got unattended action.

Its already public, its just 600 people, limiting the scope just to LET users works because its their primary market and I don't see who else would want to look at it. I believe anyone should be allowed to check if they are affected, I apply reasonable security measures during distribution.

Thanked by 1ailice
  • MS said:
    Change your passwords.

Set username to "Password" Set password to "Administrator"
    Call it a day! They'll never catch ya!

Thanked by 2OhJohn PulsedMedia
  • @Mustafa said:
    Its already public, its just 600 people, limiting the scope just to LET users works because its their primary market and I don't see who else would want to look at it. I believe anyone should be allowed to check if they are affected, I apply reasonable security measures during distribution.

That's great to know, Also is suck there also "extorting" stuff going. Did leak was from same people do audit to cloudie system?
    If yes, that unfortune.

offered him $200 to help

I wonder they gonna spend that money to bilohbucks :D

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

All in all Sounds not that good but

200USD.... Thats Sounds fair. Many Hackers i have Seen demand thousands to not leak it.

I would probably Just have paid that bucks And demand a fix and how they got in to prevent in Future to lower any damage.

Especially in Cloudie Case when your company is already small. Its not like it will break your wallet.

• @HostSlick said:
    All in all Sounds not that good but

200USD.... Thats Sounds fair. Many Hackers i have Seen demand thousands to not leak it.

I would probably Just have paid that bucks to lower any damage when your company is already small. Its not like it will break your wallet.

Thing is, you have no guarantee they will not leak it, they make take your money and still do all the shit to you. I wouldn't trust them, especially when they seem like a total retards trying to extort one-man operations.