Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How did this occur? Sydney VPS suddenly became United States, without any notification - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How did this occur? Sydney VPS suddenly became United States, without any notification

Comments

• @virtono said:
    Hello LET, and sorry for the late reply.

We encountered an unforeseen circumstance that necessitated an immediate and drastic solution. In response, we swiftly mobilized all available resources and personnel to address the situation. The expeditious migration of a substantial volume of data posed a considerable challenge, resulting in our team working tirelessly, with even our company leadership foregoing rest.
    Consequently, our response and communication were delayed.

We will be initiating private discussions through our ticketing/email system with each affected individual to collaboratively resolve this situation.

As the year draws to a close, we want to express our heartfelt gratitude for your continued support. Your trust in us has been invaluable, and we're truly grateful for the opportunity to serve you.

7$

• @virtono said:

I can't believe that's a reason not to spare 5 minutes for clarification on the situation.

Thanked by 2i12h emgh
  • @bench said:

@virtono said:

I can't believe that's a reason not to spare 5 minutes for clarification on the situation.

Yep, this is a big red flag considering the issue (the silent VM migration) purportedly started on Dec 14th. In the intervening 10 days, there was apparently no notice sent to the impacted customers whatsoever?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider

Probably due to the M247 price increase? We still have a few servers with M247 and they're raising the price insanely this year. Last year they went up 5.1% and this year they went up 13.8% :neutral:

Dear Customer,

As per the provisions of art. 2.5 of the services agreement concluded with M247 EUROPE S.R.L., as well as per the Terms and Conditions of using the services published on the website www.m247.ro (for the month-to-month customers): “the Supplier may increase the prices annually by the rate of inflation (RPI). For such increase of the prices the approval of the Customer won’t be necessary, signing the present agreement will be enough in order to apply the increase, but only in accordance with the conditions mentioned in this clause”.

Therefore, we inform you that starting with December 1st, 2023 (invoice date), the fees for the contracted services will increase by 13.8%, according to the annual index of consumer prices published by INSSE, valid for the year 2022 (https://insse.ro/cms/ro/content/ipc%E2%80%93serie-de-date-anuala)

Thank you for choosing M247,

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2023

Holy shit raise price e-mail starting by quoting TOS/agreement. Not sorry, not why, not we tried, but energy price not even Chat GPT: we thrive for best quality. Here is TOS fuck you we can do it!

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @JabJab said:
    Holy shit raise price e-mail starting by quoting TOS/agreement. Not sorry, not why, not we tried, but energy price not even Chat GPT: we thrive for best quality. Here is TOS fuck you we can do it!

Sounds like M247 to me. Nothing out of the ordinary

• @bench said:

@virtono said:

Update:

They replied to me via ticket:

We acknowledge that such significant changes are ideally communicated in advance. The urgency of the situation, however, necessitated immediate action on our part to protect your interests. We sincerely apologize for not being able to inform you sooner and for any inconvenience this may have caused.

And they also remind me in the ticket:

Attention! This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

:#
    How urgent is the situation that you haven't even taken a moment to explain it to the client for an entire week?

Pardon my ignorance, but may I ask how much time and effort it takes in Romania to send a simple message to a client?

It doesn't matter anymore, all I want is a simple refund.
    As for the rest, everyone can take what they need.

Happy Holidays everyone~
    including virtono.

• Even more ChatGPT!
    So, what was the reason for victimization, still can't tell.

Thanked by 2brueggus emgh
  • You were aware of this situation for WEEKS and finally, now this is all that you can come up with as a public statement, or were you just hoping that no one would notice or that all of this would just be forgotten?

@virtono said:

We encountered an unforeseen circumstance that necessitated an immediate and drastic solution. In response, we swiftly mobilized all available resources and personnel to address the situation. The expeditious migration of a substantial volume of data posed a considerable challenge, resulting in our team working tirelessly, with even our company leadership foregoing rest.

We will be initiating private discussions through our ticketing/email system with each affected individual to collaboratively resolve this situation.

As the year draws to a close, we want to express our heartfelt gratitude for your continued support. Your trust in us has been invaluable, and we're truly grateful for the opportunity to serve you.

• What a shit show. Terrible communication makes this worse. Shit happens and we're okay about it. Being treated like a mushroom is not going to make the situation better.

You're running a business ffs, customers are the fuel your machine needs. Sour the fuel and your business runs like shit.

Thanked by 2brueggus emgh
  • Exactly zero trust in Virtono.

A deceptive service notice, relocated my VPS without any prior or follow up notification and zero outreach to effected customers.

Shameful conduct on a business that claims Your trust in us is paramount.

Your trust in us is paramount, and we are dedicated to maintaining the reliability and performance of your services. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this time.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • i12hi12h Member

Update:

Two weeks have passed, and the refund has not been received yet
    Ticket status: On Hold

Thanked by 1emgh
  • i12hi12h Member

@virtono
    Ticket #007069

• Great shame has been brought to LET

Thanked by 1emgh
  • i12hi12h Member

Guys, they even don't want to refund my payment,

they made excuses that they just can refund the amount to my balance.

And sorry for the late reply, because of the holidays, our billing department hasn't worked until today.
    The invoice was paid on 26/04/2023. It has been a long time since April, and our laws do not allow us to make changes to invoices so much in the past.
    I can refund the amount to your balance, so you can use it to pay for the other servers you have with us or to order new ones. In fact, I will add $50 to your account balance, instead of $30.

• i12hi12h Member

Here is my reply:

You said you would refund me before, why are you changing your mind now?

You unilaterally changed the product without notice, which is equivalent to breaking the ToS.

As mentioned earlier, I am unable to convince myself to continue using your services, so please do not avoid the refund with various excuses after you violate the agreement.

• zGatozGato Member

@i12h said:
    Here is my reply:

You unilaterally changed the product without notice, which is equivalent to breaking the ToS.

As mentioned earlier, I am unable to convince myself to continue using your services, so please do not avoid the refund with various excuses after you violate the agreement.

I mean, you've used the server for 8 months. They broke the contract, true, but I would accept the credit thing as it benefits you more, or ask them for a partial refund.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • emghemgh Member

@i12h said: ur laws do not allow us to make changes to invoices so much in the past.

bruh

you can't make changes to any sent invoice

what you do, and take notes virtono accounting department, is that you issue a reverse supporting document (in most places)

obviously, the above is generalized, but please refer me to a law stating that issuing refunds is illegal

this is just pure bullshit

yet another LET scam to add to your list @raindog308 (even though their website loads)

• emghemgh Member

@zGato said: I mean, you've used the server for 8 months. They broke the contract, true, but I would accept the credit thing as it benefits you more, or ask them for a partial refund.

They said that they can't refund anything because that would be illegal. Scum.

Thanked by 1i12h
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@emgh said: yet another LET scam to add to your list @raindog308 (even though their website loads)

My "list" was on LEB deadpools.

• emghemgh Member

@raindog308 said:

@emgh said: yet another LET scam to add to your list @raindog308 (even though their website loads)

My "list" was on LEB deadpools.

Meant to say LEB.

https://lowendbox.com/tag/virtono/

Didn't know scamming wasn't a qualifier, guess we'll have to wait a few months.

• zGatozGato Member

@emgh said:

@zGato said: I mean, you've used the server for 8 months. They broke the contract, true, but I would accept the credit thing as it benefits you more, or ask them for a partial refund.

I guess they refer to their internal policies or smth. They're a Romanian-based company so I guess English is not their best.

• emghemgh Member

@zGato said:

@emgh said:

I guess they refer to their internal policies or smth. They're a Romanian-based company so I guess English is not their best.

"and our laws do not allow us to make changes to invoices so much in the past."

I don't think so

Unless they mean that they don't want to and therefore they can't

Thanked by 1i12h
  • i12hi12h Member
    edited January 5

@zGato said:

@i12h said:
    Here is my reply:

I mean, you've used the server for 8 months. They broke the contract, true, but I would accept the credit thing as it benefits you more, or ask them for a partial refund.

I started using Sydney VPS in 2022, and I paid the renewal fee in April 2023.

Registration Date
    29/10/2022

Recurring Amount
    $30.95USD

Billing Cycle
    Annually

Next Due Date
    29/10/2024

• nullednulled Member

Hey @virtono did the rock that you are hiding under crush you, yet?

Every time that you post an offer this thread will will have a new comment added.

I am really thinking that VIRTONO NETWORKS S.R.L. is dead pooling. It is a pretty short sighted strategy to ignore and hope that it will go away or be forgotten. Any organization or individual with any degree of integrity would acknowledge the situation, take responsibility for their actions, hopefully learn from the situation and move on from there.

What has VIRTONO NETWORKS S.R.L. done? Issued a "Urgent maintenance - degraded hardware" notice to customers on December 11th. Apparently at or around that time my VM was moved (if it was actually ever there) to NewYork without any notification before, after or since.

They briefly popped their head up on December 24th in this thread with a lame acknowledgement of the situation, with no explanation and no follow up.

So if VIRTONO NETWORKS S.R.L. was knowingly selling VMs in locations to customers when they were aware that there were no VMs present in that location, that would be pure and simple fraud.

But VIRTONO NETWORKS S.R.L. could have also been mislead themselves by a provider, which would make them the victim of fraud.

What is the actual truth, no one actually knows, except for VIRTONO NETWORKS S.R.L. All that is known is that VIRTONO NETWORKS S.R.L. used to advertise "Reliable and affordable Cloud VPS Hosting in 29 datacenters around the world!" in their curret LET footer message and still currently on their website " 29 Neutral Datacenters Around the World" yet only have 15 locations currently available on their order form. So what happened to the 14 magical disappearing 14 data centers?

Dear Valued Customer,

We want to inform you that we are currently undertaking urgent maintenance on the server hosting your services. This is a proactive step to address some hardware issues and ensure that we continue to provide you with the high-quality service you deserve.

Please be assured that our team is working diligently to enhance your experience and minimize any inconvenience. As part of this process, it may be necessary to turn off your VPS temporarily. We understand the importance of your operations and are committed to completing this maintenance as swiftly and efficiently as possible.

Your trust in us is paramount, and we are dedicated to maintaining the reliability and performance of your services. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this time.

Should you have any concerns or need assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team, who are here to help around the clock.

Thank you for your continued support.

Warm regards,
    The Virtono Team

• Sydney is STILL re-routed....

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 6

@emgh said: "and our laws do not allow us to make changes to invoices so much in the past."

I don't think so

If they are Romanians, then that is true, you can't change last year's invoices, heck, even last month's, once you have submitted the records to the state financial authorities, however, corrections can be made through a different document, usually a "nota contabila", i.e. accounting note or document, which would rectify the accounts for the differences. It ain't pretty, a bit complicated, but it is not impossible at all.

Thanked by 2loay emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@Maounique said:

@emgh said: "and our laws do not allow us to make changes to invoices so much in the past."

I don't think so

If they are Romanians, then that is true, you can't change last year's invoices, heck, even last month's, once you have submitted the records to the state financial authorities, however, corrections can be made through a different document, usually a "nota contabila", i.e. accounting note or document, which would rectify the accounts for the differences. It ain't pretty, a bit complicated, but it is not impossible at all.

Yep, it’s like that in all places. That’s what I meant by reverse supporting document, probably called differently in different places

Here we just say ”omvänt verifikat”

I figured it wasn’t illegal to issue refunds

• Incompetence or shameless fraud?

• emghemgh Member

@dahartigan said:
    Incompetence or shameless fraud?

Latter