Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How did this occur? Sydney VPS suddenly became United States, without any notification - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How did this occur? Sydney VPS suddenly became United States, without any notification

Comments

• @i12h said: So we speculate whether virtono has mastered some AI technology.

Or just live migration?

• @Mumbly said:

@i12h said: So we speculate whether virtono has mastered some AI technology.

Or just live migration?

:)
    The reason why I say that is to leave virtono enough space,
    which is why I did not mention "Virtono" in the title of this post.

Start with the presumption of innocence,
    perhaps it would be more beneficial for solving the problem.

• I will finally be the first to call a deadpool. They're deadpooling!!!

• It seems like a location consolidation, that wouldn't be problem if they would notify clients upfront instead of fake locations.
    Fake locations without telling to the clients are nothing but scam. It's just strange how someone such as Virtono, a relatively established host, allowed themself to do that.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @Mumbly said:
    It seems like a location consolidation, that wouldn't be problem if they would notify clients upfront instead of fake locations.
    Fake locations without telling to the clients are nothing but scam. It's just strange how someone such as Virtono, a relatively established host, allowed themself to do that.

Same question.
    Moreover, the delay in response will make others suspect whether there are major issues with finance or management.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @thane said:
    I will finally be the first to call a deadpool. They're deadpooling!!!

Did someone say Deadpool!?!?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • A whole week has passed, and there has been no response.

• This is all the result of incorrect geolocation of Romanian IP Addresses with a large number of localizations in one place.

• @i12h said:
    A whole week has passed, and there has been no response.

When I ordered their Black Friday offer, they responded in less than 24 hours when I had a network issue in their Italy location. Now, the vps is in Frankfurt DC. I did not send a ticket because of this post and I do not know if they will respond to me about this and was waiting for their comment here. @virtono

• @loay said: I did not send a ticket because of this post

I think you should send a ticket - even ignoring all those "LET is not a valid way to contact providers" - just for having a "proof" for eventual chargeback. Week(s) without any reaction from provider seems like a nice thing to have.

Thanked by 3loay brueggus yoursunny
  • @loay said:

@i12h said:

When I ordered their Black Friday offer, they responded in less than 24 hours when I had a network issue in their Italy location. Now, the vps is in Frankfurt DC. I did not send a ticket because of this post and I do not know if they will respond to me about this and was waiting for their comment here. @virtono

As JabJab said, I also think you should send a ticket.

• Update:
    1. Sydney VPS issue - no response.
    2. I filed a PayPal dispute on a limited edition VPS I purchased a few months ago, It's claimed to be 2.9Gbps, but it couldn't even reach 1Gbps(Average 200-300 Mbits/sec). It was tagged as being located in Madrid, Spain, but a Ping test shows that the actual location is closer to Paris, France.

• @i12h said:

@loay said:

@i12h said:

As JabJab said, I also think you should send a ticket.

I submitted a support ticket and they responded suggesting I choose any location to migrate my vps.

Virtono: If you're experiencing issues with your VPS at its current location, we have the capability to migrate it to a different location. To assist you in making an informed decision, please take a moment to conduct ping tests using our provided IP addresses and try out the download links. After reviewing these tests, please inform us of your preferred new location based on your findings.

• Rather than considering a new location, it's better to focus on finding a new provider.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited December 2023

chargeback while you still can

winter is coming

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • They are here since 2014, most reviews about them is good and from my experience support respondes in less than 24 hours. I do not know why they are doing this or if it was m247 (they are a reseller).
    This should have been communicated better for sure.
    Another good alternative with good global peering and locations is edisglobal.

• @loay said:
    They are here since 2014, most reviews about them is good and from my experience support respondes in less than 24 hours. I do not know why they are doing this or if it was m247 (they are a reseller).

It's unlikely Virtono didn't know as it seems like a full VM migrate along with the data. Especially for something like a Sydney to US migration. They should have informed customers

Thanked by 1loay
  • @loay said: I submitted a support ticket and they responded suggesting I choose any location to migrate my vps.

Thank you for sharing the information.

It seems that they are just shamelessly delaying as long as possible without explaining the situation or responding.

Thanked by 1loay
  • @cybertech said:

chargeback while you still can

winter is coming

Helpful advice ✔

• @Moopah said:

@loay said:
    They are here since 2014, most reviews about them is good and from my experience support respondes in less than 24 hours. I do not know why they are doing this or if it was m247 (they are a reseller).

It's unlikely Virtono didn't know as it seems like a full VM migrate along with the data. Especially for something like a Sydney to US migration. They should have informed customers

It is already quite obvious.

• @i12h said:

@Moopah said:

@loay said:

It is already quite obvious.

Deadpool, Deadpool, dedipool

• @bench said:
    Rather than considering a new location, it's better to focus on finding a new provider.

Helpful advice ✔

• @thane said:
    I will finally be the first to call a deadpool. They're deadpooling!!!

Mark.

• @i12h said:

@loay said: I submitted a support ticket and they responded suggesting I choose any location to migrate my vps.

Thank you for sharing the information.

It seems that they are just shamelessly delaying as long as possible without explaining the situation or responding.

maybe they thought that no one would notice and there would be no need to explain anything :D

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@i12h said:

@virtono said: Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺 IPv4: 80.97.44.2 - syd-au-ping.virtono.com IPv6: 2a0e:1d80:24:000e:0000:0000:0000:0001 - 6syd-au-ping.virtono.com

https://i.ping.pe/C/5/img_C5cBRYyI.png

About 3 days ago, I suddenly noticed that the Sydney VPS I purchased from @virtono had its network switched to the United States, without any announcement or notification.

The latency to United States(Los Angeles) is actually just 1 ms, and to Australia is 181 ms.

I submitted a ticket a day ago and am still waiting for a response.

The question I want to ask here is:
    Under what circumstances would such an incredible thing happen?
    Has anyone encountered this before?

They are using m247 DC
    And as per my understanding m247 doesn't have all those locations but they uses fake geolocation details for all their IPs.

• @ViridWeb said:

@i12h said:

@virtono said: Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺 IPv4: 80.97.44.2 - syd-au-ping.virtono.com IPv6: 2a0e:1d80:24:000e:0000:0000:0000:0001 - 6syd-au-ping.virtono.com

https://i.ping.pe/C/5/img_C5cBRYyI.png

About 3 days ago, I suddenly noticed that the Sydney VPS I purchased from @virtono had its network switched to the United States, without any announcement or notification.

The latency to United States(Los Angeles) is actually just 1 ms, and to Australia is 181 ms.

I submitted a ticket a day ago and am still waiting for a response.

The question I want to ask here is:
    Under what circumstances would such an incredible thing happen?
    Has anyone encountered this before?

They are using m247 DC
    And as per my understanding m247 doesn't have all those locations but they uses fake geolocation details for all their IPs.

That doesn't explain the latency difference however unless they are using Anycast.

• @loay said
    I submitted a support ticket and they responded suggesting I choose any location to migrate my vps.

Virtono: If you're experiencing issues with your VPS at its current location, we have the capability to migrate it to a different location.

Ask them to migrate to Australia /s

• I contacted them that I would like a vps in Belgium, there responds was that it would be available again very soon. I do wonder if it is just geo located ips or a VPS really hosted in Belgium.

• virtonovirtono Member, Patron Provider

Hello LET, and sorry for the late reply.

We encountered an unforeseen circumstance that necessitated an immediate and drastic solution. In response, we swiftly mobilized all available resources and personnel to address the situation. The expeditious migration of a substantial volume of data posed a considerable challenge, resulting in our team working tirelessly, with even our company leadership foregoing rest.
    Consequently, our response and communication were delayed.

We will be initiating private discussions through our ticketing/email system with each affected individual to collaboratively resolve this situation.

As the year draws to a close, we want to express our heartfelt gratitude for your continued support. Your trust in us has been invaluable, and we're truly grateful for the opportunity to serve you.

Thanked by 1loay
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@virtono said: We encountered an unforeseen circumstance that necessitated an immediate and drastic solution. In response, we swiftly mobilized all available resources and personnel to address the situation. The expeditious migration of a substantial volume of data posed a considerable challenge, resulting in our team working tirelessly, with even our company leadership foregoing rest.

Yada, yada. Thanks, ChatGPT.

Would you mind sharing some substantial information on what "unforeseen circumstance" you encountered which led to the "immediate and drastic solution" you've taken without sending a notification to your loyal customers? What's the plan forward for customers who have paid for specific locations and whose services have been moved to Frankfurt, Paris or anywhere else?