Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro | -70% only on selected products [kind of Black Friday offer] - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro | -70% only on selected products [kind of Black Friday offer]

Comments

• @FlorinMarian said:

Then, with Stripe and 3D - you eat shit with your mouth full.

You see why should we not get hosted to your hacker products ? Cuz you take everything personal and not professional , shame on you.

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@Ght said:

@FlorinMarian said:

You see why should we not get hosted to your hacker products ? Cuz you take everything personal and not professional , shame on you.

Of course I took it personally when your fixed goal was to see if I could be as dirty as your comment.
    If you did not intend to mislead the world with good knowledge, attach a proof that supports what you just stated as the "truth".

• GhtGht Member
    edited November 2023

@FlorinMarian said:

@Ght said:

@FlorinMarian said:

Of course I took it personally when your fixed goal was to see if I could be as dirty as your comment.
    If you did not intend to mislead the world with good knowledge, attach a proof that supports what you just stated as the "truth".

I always wanted to order your vps servers at least to try them , but you never added paypal , and for my personal reasons i would not enter my credit card to your website because you lack of reputation. If you want to earn money this is your chance here at LET , but with this dirty and amateur speech you will stay where you belong in the basement. Your job its to accept criticts and needs of your clients , not to bully them. Have a nice life bye

@Ght said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@Ght said:

@FlorinMarian said:

I always wanted to order your vps servers at least to try them , but you never added paypal , and for my personal reasons i would not enter my credit card to your website because you lack of reputation. If you want to earn money this is your chance here at LET , but with this dirty and amateur speech you will stay where you belong in the basement. Your job its to accept criticts and needs of your clients , not to bully them. Have a nice life bye

It's at least frustrating what you're doing now :)

First you come and reverse the meaning of some screenshots that I threw on the forum (one is to not know something for sure and have doubts, another is to come the way you came, directly throwing mud as if you had and evidence to support your accusations).

Then, you come calmly and answer me that I don't have PayPal even though you wanted to be my client.
    We haven't had PayPal in the last 2 and a half years and we won't, it doesn't affect me directly that you can't become our client under these conditions.

The calculations have already been done on our part and the result is that it is better to lose some potential clients than to offer free services to abusers and those who do not bother to read our terms and conditions.

• @FlorinMarian said:

@Ght said:

@88xrzs said:
    no pp no order

With paypal we can open Disputes , but they dont like to refund. This is the reason that they will never add paypal , they have Stripe with no 3D secure that lets the hackers buy there with stolen credit cards and no refund :smile: Personaly i would stay away from this "hosters" even the bigest companies in the world have paypal but this romanian hoster doesnt accept ! pretty weird

I don't add PayPal because:

• the fees that PayPal withholds from the merchant are no longer refunded in case of a full refund
    • the fees are higher than when paying by card and you are not allowed to collect them separately
    • I no longer accept that X comes to our network, abuses the service and after we close his service, he receives a refund from PayPal.

@FlorinMarian : Please watch your language

@Ght : If you don't like that @FlorinMarian doesn't accept PayPal, please just move on instead of complaining about it

Thanked by 2Calin host_c
  • Without repeating the idiom, I think Florian's version is better! :D

Thanked by 1bgerard
  • host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

........ :blush: ..........

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Ght said:
    With paypal we can open Disputes , but they dont like to refund. This is the reason that they will never add paypal

Bro will refund when it makes sense.
    I received bro's refund via ACH.
    Bro even covered currency conversion fees.

No more offtopic here, please - because what is happening here is purely Romanian.

• @FlorinMarian said: How good you are at English is subjective

No it's not. There are standardized grades and tests. (not the ones you took after highschool in RO).

Knowing a language is not a philosophical or social concept.

Thanked by 1adly

@Lex said:

@FlorinMarian said: How good you are at English is subjective

No it's not. There are standardized grades and tests. (not the ones you took after highschool in RO).

Knowing a language is not a philosophical or social concept.

You're right, but I wasn't referring to that, but to the fact that some can successfully hide behind a translator (like the other 2 Romanians here) who were betrayed by "dap" or other grammatical mistakes that - they could be interpreted by the translator.

I preferred to assume that I am weaker than them, but look, I ended up betraying the fact that we think one is smarter than the other, while as a whole, we are pretty much the same dough.

• Boi, what a shithow!!
    How come every one of Florin’s sales thread end up the same way?

@jmaxwell said:
    Boi, what a shithow!!

Because I am a strong character and some take advantage of this, coming with unfounded accusations and unsolicited help knowing that the show will surely come out:)

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @FlorinMarian said:

@jmaxwell said:
    Boi, what a shithow!!

Because I am a strong character and some take advantage of this, coming with unfounded accusations and unsolicited help knowing that the show will surely come out:)

i just spilled coffee on myself reading this

@cybertech said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@jmaxwell said:
    Boi, what a shithow!!

i just spilled coffee on myself reading this

Because you understand what you mean by "strong character". :)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@FlorinMarian said:
    I am a strong character

✅ certified mentally strong

@cybertech said: i just spilled coffee on myself reading this

:smile: :blush:

• @FlorinMarian said:

@jmaxwell said:
    Boi, what a shithow!!

That is a bad Google translate for "Nu știu ce pla mea fac și am un caracter orgoliu-tampit și nu îmi tace gura."

• @AndreiGhesi said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@jmaxwell said:
    Boi, what a shithow!!

That is a bad Google translate for "Nu știu ce pla mea fac și am un caracter orgoliu-tampit și nu îmi tace gura."

What exactly did he mean to say?

@AndreiGhesi said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@jmaxwell said:
    Boi, what a shithow!!

If I keep my mouth shut when some people come here and try to ruin my reputation by inventing facts, in my own sales topic, it means that I am paying for nothing to have the right to post offers here.
    It's outrageous how I always have a problem when some actually come here to pretend to be smart in front of everyone.

• @FlorinMarian said: Because I am a strong character and some take advantage of this, coming with unfounded accusations and unsolicited help knowing that the show will surely come out:)

Every single one of your threads is like a sad Romanian 'Nathan For You' sketch.

Remind me again why people would pay beyond commercial providers (even with your 'BF sales') for this type of joke?

At least I knew what I'm getting with Calin. He doesn't have ChatGPT write essays on how his VMs will propel our business into the future. Bruh, you're a closet host in Romania. Most US houses have 1Gbps symmetric to the premises. Hell one of my favorite providers on here apparently ran unknowingly on bonded FiOS for a while.

Oh, and the (2) VPS I got for under $6/year from Calin are still online. Why can't you sell cheaper and get off your high horse?

You literally fight with clients to be in threads, at least coicu had the kindness to blow smoke up our arses and be kind before running off, smelling great in the process for some reason.

Every single thread I want you to redeem yourself or make me feel bad you're hosting the stats of your servers, or talking about profit, but you just keep on failing.

Thanked by 1adly

@Kris said:

@FlorinMarian said: Because I am a strong character and some take advantage of this, coming with unfounded accusations and unsolicited help knowing that the show will surely come out:)

Every single one of your threads is like a sad Romanian 'Nathan For You' sketch.

Nothing to comment, I respect your opinion.

Remind me again why people would pay beyond commercial providers (even with your 'BF sales') for this type of joke?

It would be ironic for me to come up with reasons, but I assure you that enough people find reasons to believe in us, since currently both the number of servers in production and the number of services sold has increased.
    If you don't think you would have reasons to collaborate with us, that's fine - we're not Coca Cola to want every person to become our client at some point.

At least I knew what I'm getting with Calin. He doesn't have ChatGPT write essays on how his VMs will propel our business into the future. Bruh, you're a closet host in Romania. Most US houses have 1Gbps symmetric to the premises. Hell one of my favorite providers on here apparently ran unknowingly on bonded FiOS for a while.

It's nonsense to say that the essay written by ChatGPT made you not buy since you just previously said that you had no reason to buy anyway, so let's skip that.
    Then about the bandwidth, there is not much to comment, but in Romania RCS&RDS sells residential 1Gbps for 8 EUR and for 250 EUR (without VAT) guaranteed 900Mbps with the possibility of having a BGP session.
    There is no point in comparing as long as you do not invest financially in our company to be directly impacted by which contracts and with whom we sign.

Oh, and the (2) VPS I got for under $6/year from Calin are still online. Why can't you sell cheaper and get off your high horse?

Because many of the people looking for those prices are those who abuse the services or open multiple tickets in parallel, being dissatisfied with what they received for that money, while those who buy more expensive packages can't even afford to they lose the VM for Port Scan, SPAM, etc. because they lose more money and at the same time they have a developed sense of the ridiculous, they don't bother to complain that the VM behaves normally for the environment they are in (shared).

You literally fight with clients to be in threads, at least coicu had the kindness to blow smoke up our arses and be kind before running off, smelling great in the process for some reason.

AndreiGhesi, host_c, Calin and Ght are not my clients and they will not be, don't be ridiculous.

Every single thread I want you to redeem yourself or make me feel bad you're hosting the stats of your servers, or talking about profit, but you just keep on failing.

Both failure and success are personal, if you know that it hurts you to read what I write here, it's simple - stop feeding your curiosity.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • @FlorinMarian said: Both failure and success are personal, if you know that it hurts you to read what I write here, it's simple - stop feeding your curiosity.

People stop by road accidents for curiosity. Your setup is intriguing and I want to buy a VM, if only for another to idle, but 4.50 euro monthly is a tall order.

Just wondered if you're going to come out with a VM product that suits the market and place you advertise, especially when some threads mention about not selling enough to make a profit.

Not looking for $6/yr VMs, just saying less than 4.50 eur monthly.

@FlorinMarian said: It's nonsense to say that the essay written by ChatGPT made you not buy since you just previously said that you had no reason to buy anyway, so let's skip that.

I had no reason to buy because of the price.

@FlorinMarian said: Because many of the people looking for those prices are those who abuse the services or open multiple tickets in parallel, being dissatisfied with what they received for that money, while those who buy more expensive packages can't even afford to they lose the VM for Port Scan, SPAM, etc. because they lose more money and at the same time they have a developed sense of the ridiculous, they don't bother to complain that the VM behaves normally for the environment they are in (shared).

Spoken like someone who's hosted for the first time. It's well known the most vocal customers are often the cheapest. At the same time when it's a home Romanian data-center, we all know what we're getting into. Once I found out about the IP and server transfers I just kept trying every few days until the servers were back up.

We aren't all bad, but can't find a justifiable reason to spend $5/mo idling a server in Romania that on a perfect day has our home bandwidth speeds.

Not complaining, giving you an idea of the mentality of why these aren't selling faster. Maybe I misread the thread about this not being profitable enough to be more than a hobby. No ill will against you, I just have trouble finding a reason to buy, even if to idle. At the same time I want to - because it's a very cool project... just a bit out of my price range to idle and maybe run an Uptime Kuma instance on.

All the best.

Thanked by 2FlorinMarian adly
    edited November 2023

It wouldn't help me at all to increase my number of clients for the same amount of money received monthly and as you could see since we retired the packages at 2-3 EUR/month, people turned to the more expensive packages where of course they receive much more resources (roughly double the resources for another 50% of the old price).
    It really wouldn't make any sense for me to end up paying IP allocation fees and annual fees for another subnet when the way I've currently organized my prices can increase by another 80% without additional hardware costs- and IP addresses.

Then, about the fact that I have the servers in my own location, it is no longer such a big problem, even from some points of view it is better than in the data center where I was hosted.

• I have more bandwidth
    • I have remote hands even on weekends
    • I can manage costs much better

I considered going back to the datacenter and it's not worth it at all.
    I will spend about 600 EUR/month with 6 active servers, (2x 1U + node server 2U).
    To return to the datacenter, I would have to pay for 1/4 Rack Space and that would be 155 EUR/month, to which is added:

• 0.31 EUR per KWh
    • 3 EUR per TB (both IN and OUT)

The servers consume about 1.3KWh and monthly traffic about 100TB/month, with some simple calculations we have the colocation price: 155 + 230 + 300 = 685, without space for growth at the same monthly costs.

At home for a smaller amount I have a minimum of 372TB/month IPv4 + the same IPv6 bandwidth (the DC does not support IPv6 at all).

• @FlorinMarian said:

@Kris said:

It would be ironic for me to come up with reasons, but I assure you that enough people find reasons to believe in us, since currently both the number of servers in production and the number of services sold has increased.

I'll try not to be unnecessarily harsh, but unfortunately moving from a data centre to your house has firmly put you in the "toy provider" category for me.

You've gone from a data centre with security, fire protection, multiple connections to tiers with decent bandwidth to a broom cupboard in a house, a network connection that's barely above what you advertise as available for each user, and lots of hope that nothing wrong will go wrong.

You're using really old hardware with decade old CPUs, nearly dead SSDs that you post about how great it is that you got such a bargain (perhaps because nobody else would risk their data on drives so close to their MTBF), terrible network connection, single person support, but you price this towards the upper-end of LET providers. You're directly competing against providers with far better CPUs, brand new disks, 40GBbps uplinks, multiple support staff and trying to command the same prices they do.

You're running without any recovery plan - unlike other providers that run under capacity, can live migrate VMs between machines to balance load or if they need to deal with hardware issues, but for instance you'll do things like just shut down your service for 3 days on a week's notice to drive your single server from one location to another because you have no redundancy.

There's also the issue of your image here on LET. Every time you have a problem, which at most providers would just be an annoyance, you start a thread trying to make yourself look good, but really every time it has the opposite effect. Your DDoS last year took your entire service offline for nearly 2 weeks. Lots of people gave you good advice on how to mitigate it, but you told them all they were stupid and didn't understand your problems. You then blamed Cloudflare for passing through some pathetically low number of requests per second that still overpowered your customer portal, you slung around accusations at other providers saying they were just doing it because they were jealous, you slung accusations at DDoS protection companies saying it was their fault, etc. And when whoever it was got bored and stopped, you start crowing about your success at dealing with the problem. It wasn't a success, it was a complete PR disaster for you. What would have been a slowdown at most providers (e.g. compare the recent sustained problem with xTom in SG where people are just moaning about a degraded network speed rather than a total failure), your entire business stopped for that time. If you had any commercial customers, they also would have lost their entire web presence for that time, but you didn't even once mention that you were sorry to the customers, you just doubled down on saying how great you were. To think this is your university research topic, and you actually believe this was a success, just makes me too concerned about every other decision you make.

There's the migration to your closet "data centre". Sure, it's an interesting project, but something that everyone told you was a bad idea, but you wouldn't listen. Sure, you've cut costs for yourself, which is a good thing. Sure, you've learned stuff in the process, which is a good thing, but from a customer perspective, there's nothing better about the new service compared to the old, just a lot more things to worry about.

And yet somehow, even after all these cost-cutting exercises, you still don't make enough to pay yourself a fair rate for the work you've put in. If you don't even make enough to pay yourself minimum wage for the hours you work, then it isn't a business, it's a hobby.

The simple fact is that most businesses wouldn't touch you with a barge pole if they've done any research at all, because you have no guarantees that you can fix any problems that arise. It's clear you're very eager to learn how to be a sysadmin, and I'm sure you'll improve with every problem you face, but a business that's paying for a server doesn't want someone who's keen to learn, they just want a service that works reliably, day-in day-out, where their account isn't banned for using 500Mbps for a couple of hours when they'd bought an unlimited 1Gbps service, etc.

So, who would use your services then? Hobbyists from LET, sure. But then again, as I mentioned, there are fair better deals available from other providers. So, it really comes down to the key advantage (for some people) that you offer - you're in Romania and you don't care about DCMA. But even that isn't a good niche - you proudly tell people they can run trackers or seeders, and you don't care, but the truth is that you do. You start threads calling out your customers as soon as they actually try to use the service for anything other than idling.

The question then is, WHO do you actually want as a customer? Think long and hard about the market you want to be in, then make a service that actually serves that market, and then honour the customers you have by letting them use the service you sold them.

Because many of the people looking for those prices are those who abuse the services or open multiple tickets in parallel, being dissatisfied with what they received for that money, while those who buy more expensive packages can't even afford to they lose the VM for Port Scan, SPAM, etc. because they lose more money and at the same time they have a developed sense of the ridiculous, they don't bother to complain that the VM behaves normally for the environment they are in (shared).

These, though, are exactly the people you are targeting, even if they're not the people you want. You've closed the door on the high-margin business customers who just want a trouble free, reliable service and will pay higher prices for that. You've closed the door on people that just want the lowest cost service by trying to price yourself above that. And you've closed the door on people that will pay for mid-tier services by trying to run as cheaply as possible. All you have left are the types of customers you don't want - those that will pay something slightly higher, knowing they can run stuff that wouldn't be tolerated by most providers.

Thanked by 4host_c sh97 vero adly

@ralf
    Thank you so much for taking the effort to write all your feedback in such detail!

The basic idea is the one noticed by some people around me in real life, namely that I look arrogant, and despite the fact that I don't think I have reasons to be like that, life has simply shown me that when I I wear it naturally, I look like this.

You said at one point that this project sounds like a hobby, not like a business, and you're right, I've never claimed that I'm a good businessman.

Then, about the fact that you have some presumptions about the data center where the servers were located, but which are not necessarily true, such as:

• security: the data center had a video surveillance system and during working hours they had someone at the reception, but nothing more - there is no electric fence, 24/7 security guards or things like that - so that's exactly what I have at my house.
    • fire safety: I don't know for sure what they had from this point of view, but in the same building there is a store with construction materials, it's hard to say if the servers would have escaped safely if the fire started from the neighbors, no directly from DC.
    • multiple connections with different tiers: completely false, they only had 2 ISPs, namely RCS&RDS (which we also have) and Euroweb, a Voxility reseller (we have Orange instead). They all had the maximum 20Gbps DC with which they run revenues of over 200,000 EUR annually, and there the degree of overselling was quite high from my point of view because they were not from the top price range either, plus the filters that cut completely UDP traffic and I had nothing to do but give refunds (@yoursunny knows better).

I don't know what to say about the very old hardware, we only have Gen3/4 CPUs and DDR4 RAM >= 2133MHz - if this is considered very old for the Low-End standard, then I don't know what to say about those who sell servers HP from generations 6/7.

My target was never Enterprise level or abusers but people who needed another location for their VPN, playground to practice their Linux skills, Compile sources and the like - so yeah, we don't tell anyone to it counts on us without ensuring its own external backups and redundancy if it is really an application whose functionality is critical.

I can't really say anything about other people's offers because I no longer make the mistake from the first year of existence of attracting customers with the lowest price but rather with an advantageous one. I know that others have better offers, see that currently more than 150 people have chosen us instead of them, about 20% of them even paying in advance for a year even if they did not receive any discount for it. As an example, take corner stores and supermarkets. Most of the time, people prefer to buy from the supermarket for extra benefits at a lower price, but remember that small shops also exist, even if some of them are not even safe when we talk about bacteria.

Thanked by 2yoursunny ehab

@FlorinMarian said: AndreiGhesi, host_c, Calin and Ght are not my clients and they will not be, don't be ridiculous.

Remind me when on of us said we were your clients? Or I am not getting your point ( as usual )

We are so far from each other, You and Me, like out bandwidth tests.

All the members that gave you here a 250+ word reply, tried to enlighten that you might not have the right approach, nothing more, nothing less.

@host_c , that remark was for the above comment:

You literally fight with clients to be in threads

edited November 2023

@FlorinMarian said: You literally fight with clients to be in threads

I really need the post count, to put the number of it under the christmas tree. o:)

Altho with you I seem unable to get a ETH communication frequency of at least 100 Mhz. :)

EDIT:

Enlighten me again for the:

@Kris wrote that to you, for you. Clients = customers, and the enumeration you made with MY name inside, well, I am definitely not your customer, "pal".

UP

I fixed the stock issue, thanks to the guy who reported it.