Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro | -70% only on selected products [kind of Black Friday offer] - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro | -70% only on selected products [kind of Black Friday offer]

Comments

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

That ISCOM2600G is from the ISP Provider?

Thanked by 1GckJoy
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Patron Provider

@remy said:
    Where is it hosted?
    In a datacenter, if so which one?
    I think these are great offers

The servers were hosted in the Datacenter between April 2020 and May 2023, but since then they are in our own location in Neamt, Romania.
    If you have time and are curious, you can read the story of our "datacenter" at home here

@host_c said:
    That ISCOM2600G is from the ISP Provider?

Yup

• @remy said:
    Where is it hosted?

Hosted in the basement.
    Single homed
    Ping, connection and uptime could be better.

Not a great offer.

• @FlorinMarian said:

@remy said:
    Where is it hosted?

The servers were hosted in the Datacenter between April 2020 and May 2023, but since then they are in our own location in Neamt, Romania.
    If you have time and are curious, you can read the story of our "datacenter" at home here

I think it's cool, and I don't mind because most low-cost servers bought here are mainly used for fun.
    But I'm not sure it's a good strategy for growing your business.
    By that I mean that you won't be able to make the leap from low-cost servers to professional users.
    And I imagine that's the goal of many hosting companies here.

But congratulations, it must be quite a lot of work to do that.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian

@snow2k said:

@remy said:
    Where is it hosted?

Hosted in the basement.
    Single homed

Not a great offer.

Single homed? https://bgp.he.net/AS57403
    Uptime more than decent

• When we switch to 5Gbps, the only hardware change is guaranteed to be the replacement of that RJ45 plug with an SFP+ one.

@FlorinMarian said:

@snow2k said:

@remy said:
    Where is it hosted?

Hosted in the basement.
    Single homed

Not a great offer.

You literally just posted a photo today showing the single RJ45 connection to the outside world. You can't get much more single-homed than that.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@ralf said:
    You literally just posted a photo today showing the single RJ45 connection to the outside world. You can't get much more single-homed than that.

RJ45 has 8 wires.
    Each FastEthernet connection needs 4 wires.
    Thus, bro could have 2 connections.

Thanked by 1snow2k

@ralf said:

When we switch to 5Gbps, the only hardware change is guaranteed to be the replacement of that RJ45 plug with an SFP+ one.

@FlorinMarian said:

@snow2k said:

@remy said:
    Where is it hosted?

Hosted in the basement.
    Single homed

Not a great offer.

Sigle connection with Orange's switch.

• I like how your every sale post turns into a shit show because you have the balls to argue with smarter people in this field.

@AndreiGhesi said:
    I like how your every sale post turns into a shit show because you have the balls to argue with smarter people in this field.

Let's assume I'm an idiot in everything I say.
    If they also fail to change my perception through easy-to-understand arguments, it means that they are not as experts as they seem.

• @yoursunny said:

@ralf said:

RJ45 has 8 wires.
    Each FastEthernet connection needs 4 wires.
    Thus, bro could have 2 connections.

Back in the day, I used to make Y cables like that so that I didn't have to pull so many cable runs!

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @snow2k said:

@yoursunny said:
    As you said:
    Nodes that are offline do not consume energy or produce heat
    If there are 0 nodes online, shouldn't the energy consumption and heat production also reduce to 0?
    That would minimize your energy and cooling costs.

0 cost -> maximum profit

Virmach: This is the way

• @remy said:
    Where is it hosted?

These machines are hosted in Florins LowEndBasement. ;)

Thanked by 1yoursunny
    edited November 2023

@DennisdeWit said:

@remy said:
    Where is it hosted?

My brother Florin has a bachelor in IT, Radu and Teodor can code in C++, so no worries, your data is safe there.

Thanked by 1DennisdeWit
  • @yoursunny said:

@DennisdeWit said:

@remy said:
    Where is it hosted?

My brother Florin has a bachelor in IT, Radu and Teodor can code in C++, so no worries, your data is safe there.

Don't forget that next door has a guard dog too.

@ralf said:

@yoursunny said:

@DennisdeWit said:

@remy said:
    Where is it hosted?

You guessed right.
    Before I had two dogs, but recently I donated the one that had never been shown in the pictures, I stayed on the security side with 8 surveillance cameras and a dog:)

@FlorinMarian said:

@ralf said:

You guessed right.
    Before I had two dogs, but recently I donated the one that had never been shown in the pictures, I stayed on the security side with 8 surveillance cameras and a dog:)

Does the dog watch the cameras?
    If a thief shows up and the dog goes out to bite the thief, who's watching the camera then?

Have you taught the dog to call the fire department when it sees a fire?
    Does the public safety dispatch know how to interpret dog language?

Thanked by 1Calin

@yoursunny said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@ralf said:

You guessed right.

Does the dog watch the cameras?
    If a thief shows up and the dog goes out to bite the thief, who's watching the camera then?

Have you taught the dog to call the fire department when it sees a fire?
    Does the public safety dispatch know how to interpret dog language?

I laughed!

@yoursunny

Bachelor in IT in Romania regarding infrastructure engineering is almost non-existent, most cannot distinguish RJ45 from QSFP. Routing and Switching is 0, servers, well, that is SF. This is the reason most like me went abroad to learn and do the trainings for infrastructure engineering.

If you relay on that what you learned in faculty, you are in big shit my friend, most are not able to configure a home TENDA device. :smiley: . I had to make appointment for 30+ students to hire 1.

THX @yoursunny , I had a blast of laugh on that one.

Thanked by 1adly
  • @host_c said:
    @yoursunny

Bachelor in IT in Romania regarding infrastructure engineering is almost non-existent, most cannot distinguish RJ45 from QSFP. Routing and Switching is 0, servers, well, that is SF. This is the reason most like me went abroad to learn and do the trainings for infrastructure engineering.

If you relay on that what you learned in faculty, you are in big shit my friend, most are not able to configure a home TENDA device. :smiley: . I had to make appointment for 30+ students to hire 1.

THX @yoursunny , I had a blast of laugh on that one.

I can confirm this, when I finished computer science in Romania almost a decade ago, most of my colleagues did NOT know proper/basic English and argued with the professors because the courses were partially in English (programming...)

Thanked by 2host_c adly

It has reached a sad point, namely when one says about him that he is smarter than the others.

The Faculty of Informatics whose courses I graduated this year helped me a lot in my career, first of all through the competition I had with my other colleagues (half the time, during the pandemic I studied entirely online and it was very nice to feel useful by teaching my colleagues what I learn more easily, then in other subjects to be helped by the same colleagues to understand certain concepts).

You won't remember everything you learn in college, maybe not even 25%, but the fact that you always remember that there are some concepts that you know where to look for, is more than enough.

Then, related to writing in English, including myself, I still prefer to translate most texts with Google Translate, but having the ability to correct the translator when it takes the text from Romanian out of context. How good you are at English is subjective, including I studied in English, and yes - some teachers teach in English without being able to speak cursive, but I can't blame them because I'm not able to even now I can count on my word.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Florin is genius. Let Florin run his bizniz. Florin mastermind.

@Wicked said:
    Florin is genius. Let Florin run his bizniz. Florin mastermind.

It's not for nothing that I used a lot of words, you understood perfectly.

• Hi! Do you have any yabs result for the €18.00 paln.

• GhtGht Member
    edited November 2023

@88xrzs said:
    no pp no order

With paypal we can open Disputes , but they dont like to refund. This is the reason that they will never add paypal , they have Stripe with no 3D secure that lets the hackers buy there with stolen credit cards and no refund :smile: Personaly i would stay away from this "hosters" even the bigest companies in the world have paypal but this romanian hoster doesnt accept ! pretty weird

@Ght

As of my knowledge, you can open dispute with Strip also, we have a few.

edited November 2023

@LordPenguin said:
    Hi! Do you have any yabs result for the €18.00 paln.

No, but you have as ref. 9 EUR plan because both packages are hosted on same hardware.

@Ght said:

@88xrzs said:
    no pp no order

With paypal we can open Disputes , but they dont like to refund. This is the reason that they will never add paypal , they have Stripe with no 3D secure that lets the hackers buy there with stolen credit cards and no refund :smile: Personaly i would stay away from this "hosters" even the bigest companies in the world have paypal but this romanian hoster doesnt accept ! pretty weird

I don't add PayPal because:

• the fees that PayPal withholds from the merchant are no longer refunded in case of a full refund
    • the fees are higher than when paying by card and you are not allowed to collect them separately
    • I no longer accept that X comes to our network, abuses the service and after we close his service, he receives a refund from PayPal.

Then, with Stripe and 3D - you eat shit with your mouth full.
    In all the screenshots with abuses of this type, it was clear that I refunded all payments before they were disputed.

edited November 2023

@FlorinMarian

I think you have it wrong with PayPal, or you have a personal account not Business one.

1. Pay-pal reimburses the fees to merchant, -0.30 USD, that 0.30 USD is your problem? if yes, well, no comment.....

paypal-transactions

1. I no longer accept that X comes to our network, abuses the service and after we close his service, he receives a refund from PayPal. - this are the rules of the game my friend, either play by them, or pick another game, or do your firewall that way you catch him doing shit, logit, save them automaticaly, and kick him out, if you have proof, he can ask for 1MIL USD from pay-pal, he will get shit.

EDIT:

Then, with Stripe and 3D - you eat shit with your mouth full. - ha ha ha, "mananci cacat", is not translated this way, it is "you are full of shit"

Thanked by 1Calin