Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAZI.ro | -70% only on selected products [kind of Black Friday offer] - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HAZI.ro | -70% only on selected products [kind of Black Friday offer]

Comments

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

@FlorinMarian

You have your nodes on Public IP??? WTF?? Brave man, respect.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@host_c said:
    @FlorinMarian

You have your nodes on Public IP??? WTF?? Brave man, respect.

Mentally strong provider gives pubic IP.
    No hiding from the truth.

Thanked by 1host_c
    edited November 2023

@yoursunny

"The truth is out there", but i also "want to believe" that some know networking. :smile:

@yoursunny said: Mentally strong provider gives pubic IP.

exactly, to it's clients services, not to it's own internal devices, usually "Mentally" sane do that on management VLAN :smiley:

Either-way, if it works, it works........ I respect the "cohones" he has.

Sorry for the detour, I just could not help myself when I saw the PIC. My eyes hurt, but again "the truth is out there"

• Too costly for BaseEnd tier offer

Thanked by 1host_c
    edited November 2023

@jmaxwell said: Too costly for BaseEnd tier offer

Well, he has a Cisco Catalyst 4500 series Switch as I can remember ( or a nexus ) from some topic. I "think" that those know a few vlans.....

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@host_c said:

@jmaxwell said: Too costly for BaseEnd tier offer

Well, he has a Cisco Catalyst 4500 series Switch as I can remember ( or a nexus ) from some topic. I "think" that those know a few vlans.....

I need to get a public IP for the NoVNC console anyway, I don't see where the big problem is as long as both users and passwords are randomly assigned.
    I do not have public access to switches, gateways and ILO/iDRAC/BMC.

edited November 2023

Shortly after I post the last comment, my website starts receiving DDoS traffic.
    I unlocked the IPv4 nullroute achievement; IPv6 is still up.
    My seventh sense says it's @host_c doing the unholy.

Thanked by 2Marx inthecloudblog
  • @FlorinMarian said: Then, you're right with Hetzner, but there you need KYC (at least in the case of some) and you can't even pay with cryptocurrencies + the support you expect from there is clearly inferior to what we can offer you (both in the problems covered as well as in the speed with which you receive an answer).

I think a little KYC would help reduce significantly the amount of frauds. Don't you think?

@DanSummer said:

@FlorinMarian said: Then, you're right with Hetzner, but there you need KYC (at least in the case of some) and you can't even pay with cryptocurrencies + the support you expect from there is clearly inferior to what we can offer you (both in the problems covered as well as in the speed with which you receive an answer).

I think a little KYC would help reduce significantly the amount of frauds. Don't you think?

And the number of orders would drop drastically.
    Even I, as a customer, would not give my identity card and a proof of address to a small company.

Thanked by 2gaming 0xC7
  • Ignored DMCA??

• Can VPS completely ignore DMCA? And what is the policy that will continue in the future?

• @FlorinMarian said:

@DanSummer said:

@FlorinMarian said: Then, you're right with Hetzner, but there you need KYC (at least in the case of some) and you can't even pay with cryptocurrencies + the support you expect from there is clearly inferior to what we can offer you (both in the problems covered as well as in the speed with which you receive an answer).

Even I, as a customer, would not give my identity card and a proof of address to a small company.

That's an interesting point of view.

@malhuda said:
    Ignored DMCA??

@amirsergo said:
    Can VPS completely ignore DMCA? And what is the policy that will continue in the future?

We allow torrenting and in the worst case we ask you to delete certain files that are reported to us within 48 hours.
    However, you have to be careful about bandwidth consumption, it's ok to download content to the server and then take it locally, but under no circumstances is the bandwidth suitable for the true idea of a "seedbox" that would even encourage you to upload 24/7.

• @FlorinMarian said:

@malhuda said:
    Ignored DMCA??

@amirsergo said:
    Can VPS completely ignore DMCA? And what is the policy that will continue in the future?

We allow torrenting and in the worst case we ask you to delete certain files that are reported to us within 48 hours.
    However, you have to be careful about bandwidth consumption, it's ok to download content to the server and then take it locally, but under no circumstances is the bandwidth suitable for the true idea of a "seedbox" that would even encourage you to upload 24/7.

What about web downloads and the content files are not on the server, only the web is on the server, for example, web downloads for anime and others that are based on WordPress? Is it allowed?

@malhuda said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@malhuda said:
    Ignored DMCA??

@amirsergo said:

What about web downloads and the content files are not on the server, only the web is on the server, for example, web downloads for anime and others that are based on WordPress? Is it allowed?

If you're ready to deal with all abuse notifications, yes, if you don't, search elsewhere :smile:

• @FlorinMarian said:

@DanSummer said:

According to wikipedia, Hetzner had €290m revenue in 2020. It's not a small company.

@ralf said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@DanSummer said:

According to wikipedia, Hetzner had €290m revenue in 2020. It's not a small company.

You mixed up the ideas.
    I said that we are too small to implement KYC to avoid fraud, I didn't say that Hetzner is too small, but no matter how big it is, some simply don't want to reveal their identity.

@FlorinMarian said:

@malhuda said:
    Ignored DMCA??

@amirsergo said:

So, pubic tracker allowed now?
    Won't you "loose the class C" ?

@yoursunny said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@malhuda said:
    Ignored DMCA??

@amirsergo said:

Not anymore.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @yoursunny said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@malhuda said:
    Ignored DMCA??

@amirsergo said:

That rule will be reinstated when 11 people buy it

@jmaxwell said:

@yoursunny said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@malhuda said:
    Ignored DMCA??

@amirsergo said:

That rule will be reinstated when 11 people buy it

Fake news, 12 is the right number.

@yoursunny said:
    Shortly after I post the last comment, my website starts receiving DDoS traffic.
    I unlocked the IPv4 nullroute achievement; IPv6 is still up.
    My seventh sense says it's @host_c doing the unholy.

Nothing funnier than the belief that hiding the IP address is a good method of protection against DoS/DDoS attacks (especially when you have one or two /24 subnets and whichever IP was hit, the entire subnet would fall).

@FlorinMarian said: I need to get a public IP for the NoVNC console anyway

No you do not, you can NAT the shit out of it, and protect your nodes on internal LAN, but again, RESPECT bro :wink:

Thanked by 1RapToN

@host_c said:

No you do not, you can NAT the shit out of it, and protect your nodes on internal LAN, but again, RESPECT bro :wink:

You'll still expose one public IP for NoVNC console.
    If the number of available public IP addresses is not a problem, why would I do NAT?
    All traffic between servers at the cluster level is anyway done in a separate VLAN.

@FlorinMarian said: My seventh sense says it's @host_c doing the unholy.

:blush:

I have other things to do on a daily basis, Unholy is far from it relax.

The one thing we hate more than nasty shit hosted on VPS is DDOS attacks.

@FlorinMarian said:

@host_c said:

If the number of available public IP addresses is not a problem, why would I do NAT?
    All traffic between servers at the cluster level is anyway done in a separate VLAN.

It is not about that it does work, it is about how it works, mixing traffic in "PUBLIC" network with "internal management" is not desired, you will have difficult in your setup longer down the road if you go with public interfaces / sub-nets to internal stuff.

You have 2 /24 public ipv4 sub-nets for the moment, eating away ip's from that just makes no sense. Exposing the Nodes on same sub-net with clients, is not desired again, even if you have 256 character long password. IPV4 has a ton of shit of Multicast and Broadcast in it, if you truly wish to do 10 Gbps live migrations between the nodes, or backups, you will hit some interesting challenges to do this this way.

At some point you will emerge to the level of having Routers / Sub-nets / IP Protocol to achieve nice, clean traffic for clients and for your devices, also this would ease the filtering process of malicious packets.

As your test's show, you rarely pass the 500 Mbps mark / node or VPS. The above optimizations would give you up to 15% increase in speed if you separate the Internal Stuff from the Public Stuff.

You can have a 2 x 10 Gbps Internet uplink and have really bad experience if you keep doing what you do. Networking is the foundation of all, routing comes after that, and the servers sit on top of these 2.

Take this a friendly idea, not as me pointing that you did not do things right. You are not the first nor the last that does things this way, and fail when going bigger.

@host_c said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@host_c said:

It is not about that it does work, it is about how it works, mixing traffic in "PUBLIC" network with "internal management" is not desired, you will have difficult in your setup longer down the road if you go with public interfaces / sub-nets to internal stuff.

You have 2 /24 public ipv4 sub-nets for the moment, eating away ip's from that just makes no sense. Exposing the Nodes on same sub-net with clients, is not desired again, even if you have 256 character long password. IPV4 has a ton of shit of Multicast and Broadcast in it, if you truly wish to do 10 Gbps live migrations between the nodes, or backups, you will hit some interesting challenges to do this this way.

At some point you will emerge to the level of having Routers / Sub-nets / IP Protocol to achieve nice, clean traffic for clients and for your devices, also this would ease the filtering process of malicious packets.

As your test's show, you rarely pass the 500 Mbps mark / node or VPS. The above optimizations would give you up to 15% increase in speed if you separate the Internal Stuff from the Public Stuff.

You can have a 2 x 10 Gbps Internet uplink and have really bad experience if you keep doing what you do. Networking is the foundation of all, routing comes after that, and the servers sit on top of these 2.

Take this a friendly idea, not as me pointing that you did not do things right. You are not the first nor the last that does things this way, and fail when going bigger.

I didn't take it for a second as if you were malicious, but on the other hand, I don't even see the point of the changes indicated by you at this moment when we only have 6 servers in production and, as you said, only 500 IP addresses.
    I know that things can be done much better, but there are no direct gains through these changes, at the level we are at now.
    In the future, of course, I would like to do things much better by having high redundancy and managing much more traffic.

Well, for the moment, on the RO market you and @Calin are the ones having the longer stay on LET ( after COCIU going off the grid ).

Both of you have problems at Bandwidth / VPS, and this is due to non existing 10Gbps link from ISP, and sub-standard internal networking, using 1 Gbps connections to nodes ( 2 or 4 links in LACP are not one link of 2/4 Gbps ).

And I hate to see that RO hosters are often associated with sub 1 Gbps / VPS speeds.

@host_c said:
    Well, for the moment, on the RO market you and @Calin are the ones having the longer stay on LET ( after COCIU going off the grid ).

Both of you have problems at Bandwidth / VPS, and this is due to non existing 10Gbps link from ISP, and sub-standard internal networking, using 1 Gbps connections to nodes ( 2 or 4 links in LACP are not one link of 2/4 Gbps ).

And I hate to see that RO hosters are often associated with sub 1 Gbps / VPS speeds.

We have 10Gbps at the entrance to the location, the limitation of 1Gbps is contractual (limited both by software and by that RJ45 plug).
    When we switch to 5Gbps, the only hardware change is guaranteed to be the replacement of that RJ45 plug with an SFP+ one.

Thanked by 3ehab yoursunny 0xC7
  • Where is it hosted?
    In a datacenter, if so which one?
    I think these are great offers