Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HXServers | Our apologies | RCA | What happened? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HXServers | Our apologies | RCA | What happened?

Comments

• The prices on the website are double then mentioned on the LET Topic.

• emg88emg88 Member
    edited October 2023

@WhiteRoseG said:
    The prices on the website are double then mentioned on the LET Topic.

The prices were changed .. I don't think he can change old post titles

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Hey, can I change my prices 8 times in a month?

• @emg88 said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

I can edit my post.

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited October 2023

@WhiteRoseG said:

In case anyone isn't seeing it right off the bat:

From the website
    $32 (normal price), 50% discount = $16

Then on the forum
    $15 /month (supposedly the "normal" price) , 50% discount = $7.50 / month

But when you click the link and check out - you're sitting at $16 (with the promo code)

$7.50 option doesn't exist and it was the cornerstone of the post title.

Thanked by 2SinV darkimmortal
  • WhiteRoseGWhiteRoseG Member
    edited October 2023

@Don_Keedic said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

In case anyone isn't seeing it right off the bat:

From the website
    $32 (normal price), 50% discount = $16

Then on the forum
    $15 /month (supposedly the "normal" price) , 50% discount = $7.50 / month

But when you click the link and check out - you're sitting at $16 (with the promo code)

$7.50 option doesn't exist and it was the cornerstone of the post title.

Finaly !!!!!!!!

• bjobjo Member

The end is retired.

edited October 2023

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Hey, can I change my prices 8 times in a month?

edit: I just realized there's two people with pie in their name. I'll need to remember potato pie is different than piehasbeeneaten

• @WhiteRoseG said:

First in September it was 2 dollar for month for vps of 60 GB NVME storage, then in 24 hrs it was inflated to 3 dollars.

In month of October same vps was for 5 dollars. In few days it was changed to 8 dollars (site price was 16 dollars)

All prices are after discount ones.

• @Merlincool said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

First in September it was 2 dollar for month for vps of 60 GB NVME storage, then in 24 hrs it was inflated to 3 dollars.

In month of October same vps was for 5 dollars. In few days it was changed to 8 dollars (site price was 16 dollars)

All prices are after discount ones.

I think the thread should be deleted by LET MOD, this is not a serious company.

• hxservershxservers Member
    edited October 2023

I am contacting LET to remove the post so we may create a new one with our updated prices.

Ticket Created #PWK-005455

• @hxservers said:
    I am contacting LET to remove the post so we may create a new one with our updated prices.

Also, create ticket for your reputation. It is damaged beyond repair.

Thanked by 1Marx
  • @hxservers said:

edited October 2023

@hxservers said:

If you have 1500 currently running VPS' (as you previously mentioned) and you're a one man show, you should be focusing on servicing your current clients before even attempting to try and gain more. Especially after this whole deal.

• @Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

If you have 1500 currently running VPS' (as you previously mentioned) and you're a one man show, you should be focusing on servicing your current clients before even attempting to try and gain more. Especially after this whole deal.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • @Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

Thanks for your assumptions! Our existing customers have already been serviced.

• @WhiteRoseG said:

@emg88 said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

I can edit my post.

I guess he's a new user and they can't edit posts after 1 hour , like I can't

• @emg88 said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@emg88 said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

I can edit my post.

I guess he's a new user and they can't edit posts after 1 hour , like I can't

https://imgbox.com/OFDx2dpX

B)

edited October 2023

@hxservers said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@hxservers said:

Thanks for your assumptions! Our existing customers have already been serviced.

Where did I assume anything? You said you have 1500 currently running VPS under you. You fired "the other guy" (which is another issue with your credibility...given your website you said there was 3 employees), which leaves you to do everything. Servers require upkeep, clients require upkeep. This isn't a Ronco Rotisserie oven, you don't just set it and forget it.

Given you couldn't even get it right with two people, what makes you think you can do it alone?

You should be more worried about client retention (and employee retention) than new clients. Really though, this thought process seems completely on brand with HXServers, so have at it hoss!

Thanked by 1Marx
  • Thanks for your feedback!

• @hxservers said:
    Thanks for your feedback!

You're welcome !

• @hxservers said:
    Thanks for your feedback!

Wouldn't have expected anything less at this point.

I'll be the first post on your next promo thread. Count on it.

Thanked by 2hxservers Marx
  • @SirFoxy said: Also, quickly noticing an offer is unsustainable and refunding users is a good thing too; it's just how they went about it is very wrong

This is research that should be done way before making it available for sale. A provider needs to at least do some basic research (like whether there's demand for the new location, how popular it is for hosting in general, etc) and figure out their break-even point.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2023

@jar said:

@Merakith said:
    @hxservers Are you in any way related to MadCityServers? I found your discounted plans very similar to them. Is that because both you and MadCityServers uses reliablesite?

Surely not related, because they're cool as shit and I highly recommend them.

Also:

jarlanddonnell@Jarlands-MacBook-Air ~ % dig MX madcityservers.com +short
    10 wednesday.mxrouting.net.
    20 wednesday-relay.mxrouting.net.

Just an FYI, I'm pretty sure MadCityServers used to be HotlineServers which deadpooled a while back - https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/172358/hotlineservers-are-down/p1(hence why I think they're banned from LET)

I think MadCityServers has been in business for around 2 years now and I don't know if they'll deadpool again, just something to look out for because HotlineServers basically shut down without any warning or notice (everything just went offline randomly). It's one thing to shut down with advanced notice, but it's another to leave your clients in the dark and disappear

Thanked by 4jar SinV Merakith Sululu
  • @Daniel15 said:

@SirFoxy said: Also, quickly noticing an offer is unsustainable and refunding users is a good thing too; it's just how they went about it is very wrong

This is research that should be done way before making it available for sale. A provider needs to at least do some basic research (like whether there's demand for the new location, how popular it is for hosting in general, etc) and figure out their break-even point.

Thanked by 2hxservers TimboJones
  • @jar said:

@Merakith said:
    @hxservers Are you in any way related to MadCityServers? I found your discounted plans very similar to them. Is that because both you and MadCityServers uses reliablesite?

Also:

Isn't madcityservers a rebrand of hotlineservers, who deadpooled super hard?

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2023

@fluffernutter said:

@jar said:

@Merakith said:

Also:

Maybe, but I did just tell you why I'm not an impartial commenter on it ;) (perhaps in too subtle of a way)

I like to see my customers succeed.

• @jar said:

@fluffernutter said:

@jar said:

@Merakith said:

Also:

Maybe, but I did just tell you why I'm not an impartial commenter on it ;) (perhaps in too subtle of a way)

I respect the hustle haha

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar said:

@fluffernutter said:

@jar said:

@Merakith said:

Also:

Maybe I should order your services. lol just kidding.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @hxservers said:

@jar said:

@fluffernutter said:

@jar said:

@Merakith said:

Also:

Maybe I should order your services. lol just kidding.

I mean it's a great email service, I use it myself and have nothing but good things to say about it.

Thanked by 1jar
This discussion has been closed.