Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HXServers | Our apologies | RCA | What happened? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HXServers | Our apologies | RCA | What happened?

Comments

• @Gravely said:
    Patron Provider by the way.

They don't give a shit. They got their piece of the pie.

• @SirFoxy apples and oranges (with all the lies and shenanigans included). If you carefully read recent threads there's absolutely nothing to defend really.

Thanked by 3emgh jsg Marx
  • Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited October 2023

@Mumbly said:
    @SirFoxy apples and oranges (with all the lies and shenanigans included). If you carefully read recent threads there's absolutely nothing to defend really.

It absolutely is apples and oranges.

Data loss ≠ Services no longer existing at all

Thanked by 2emgh Marx
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited October 2023

@Mumbly said:
    @SirFoxy apples and oranges (with all the lies and shenanigans included). If you carefully read recent threads there's absolutely nothing to defend really.

I'm not really defending @hxservers decisions. I get why people are mad.

Just that the actions don't really warrant cancelling them. Everyone involved got their money back, and everyone has the right to not use them in the future.

• @SirFoxy said:
    Just that the actions don't really warrant cancelling them.

What actions would you deem worthy of cancellation? I'm just trying to get a baseline.

• @Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:

What actions would you deem worthy of cancellation? I'm just trying to get a baseline.

Taking money and not rendering services.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited October 2023

He somehow manage to ignore all lies, shenanigans etc... and concentrate his argument around "refund" and "backups" - like that's all in this particular case.

Thanked by 3emgh Marx iKeyZ
  • @SirFoxy your arguments are not mentioning the constant lies

Thanked by 3Mumbly Marx iKeyZ
  • @SirFoxy said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:

Sure was hoping for more than a one-liner.

Humor me this.

So if I was to buy a dedicated server from someone here with a provider tag and they threw me on a 128mb openvz, in your eyes, that'd be ok? They took my money and they're rendering me A service...just not the service I paid for. That's still fraud and that's why I was hoping for more than one sentence.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited October 2023

@Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:

Sure was hoping for more than a one-liner.

Humor me this.

So if I was to buy a dedicated server from someone here with a provider tag and they threw me on a 128mb openvz, in your eyes, that'd be ok? They took my money and they're rendering me A service...just not the service I paid for. That's still fraud and that's why I was hoping for more than one sentence.

That's not relevant to this situation? Yes, that would be misleading advertising (and wrong).

In this case, @hxservers rendered services, and then cancelled and refunded those services without providing notice before removing the data.

• @SirFoxy said:
    That's not relevant to this situation? Yes, that would be misleading advertising.

In this case, @hxservers rendered services, and then cancelled and refunded those services without providing notice before removing the data.

So if that same guy who sold me the dedi (and put me on a shitty VPS) would be ok if he refunded my money?

It's really the same deal. There was an offer, client took up the offer, host realized he's going to be in deep shit, refunds the money and everything is cool?

• @Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:
    That's not relevant to this situation? Yes, that would be misleading advertising.

So if that same guy who sold me the dedi (and put me on a shitty VPS) would be ok if he refunded my money?

It's really the same deal. There was an offer, client took up the offer, host realized he's going to be in deep shit, refunds the money and everything is cool?

honestly yeah that would be ok. Shitty but okay. I think the lying is what makes this unforgivable.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Lies just vanished from the debate💨

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited October 2023

@emgh said:
    Lies just vanished from the debate💨

That's what I was eventually getting at. It's all of the lies/deceit that makes this different than just some host losing data/removing services..

HXServers called me a liar directly and then @FAT32 came up big - grabbed a cache version that proved everything I was saying. That's when the house of lies really started to crumble in on itself.

Thanked by 2emgh Marx
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited October 2023

@Don_Keedic said:

@SirFoxy said:

I get what you're saying, and why you're mad. But I don't think it escalates to the level of cancelling them entirely.

I think the important thing to look at here is the intent and the fact that they refunded all parties.

Again, yeah, I agree, definitely a terrible move and the whole situation reflects negatively on them — they will have to repair their reputation.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@hxservers said: Other providers are asking HXServers of our business plan

To be totally clear, no provider in this thread needs your advice on business. This community has always been able and willing to call out BS. We used to keep lists of providers that tried to play the community. We used to have an entire person (@Spirit) who spent much of their time deeply investigating claims by providers to identify scams and shady practices.

• @SirFoxy said:
    they will have to repair their reputation.

Here's where they call me a liar - https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3740887/#Comment_3740887

Here's where I come back at them -
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3740914/#Comment_3740914

And here's where we ended up -
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3740927/#Comment_3740927

What reputation? lmao. Might as well pack it up now and re-brand (again.)

Thanked by 3SinV Marx iKeyZ
    edited October 2023

@SirFoxy said: the actions don't really warrant cancelling them

If they'd actually confessed to and apologized for their legitimately bad behavior, their actions might not warrant it. Unfortunately, that's not what they did. They trickle truthed everyone here and when they finally backed themselves into a corner on a few talking points they passed blame for what they could and apologized for the rest.

It's not about cancelling them, it's about "This person isn't a safe person to host anything with." Which, frankly, is true and the acknowledgement of it is roughly equivalent to cancelling them. This provider's willingness to lie is simply too high.

• @jar said:

@SirFoxy said: the actions don't really warrant cancelling them

If they'd actually confessed to and apologized for their legitimately bad behavior, their actions might not warrant it. Unfortunately, that's not what they did. They trickle truthed everyone here and when they finally backed themselves into a corner on a few talking points they passed blame for what they could and apologized for the rest.

It's not about cancelling them, it's about "This person isn't a safe person to host anything with." Which, frankly, is true and the acknowledgement of it is roughly equivalent to cancelling them.

Very eloquently put @Jar!

Thanked by 3jar Marx iKeyZ
  • He was and is a "still one man" on all this. The excuse of an employee not clicking the button of publish is a simple lie just to bail himself out of fault.

The reality is, having two hosting companies, this one and another, and knowing that this one had this "don't care about clients" problem, isn't it easy to not choose this one at all?

At the end, I prefer to pay more for a trustworthy company (see trustpilot reviews before purchasing) than a bad reviewed company.

• @hxservers Are you in any way related to MadCityServers? I found your discounted plans very similar to them. Is that because both you and MadCityServers uses reliablesite?

@Merakith said:
    @hxservers Are you in any way related to MadCityServers? I found your discounted plans very similar to them. Is that because both you and MadCityServers uses reliablesite?

Surely not related, because they're cool as shit and I highly recommend them.

Also:

jarlanddonnell@Jarlands-MacBook-Air ~ % dig MX madcityservers.com +short
    10 wednesday.mxrouting.net.
    20 wednesday-relay.mxrouting.net.

• HXServer thread on LET is misleading, i already reported it 1 week ago. The pricing doesn't make sence for a 8GB ram server is advertised on LET for 7,50, even with his 50% discount code you have to pay 16 because, on the website they are selling it for 32 the thread need to be modified or deleted this is false advertising.

• @WhiteRoseG said:
    HXServer thread on LET is misleading, i already reported it 1 week ago. The pricing doesn't make sence for a 8GB ram server is advertised on LET for 7,50, even with his 50% discount code you have to pay 16 because, on the website they are selling it for 32 the thread need to be modified or deleted this is false advertising.

@hxservers : Can you clarify this?

• For something to be called a scam I think there has to be malicious intent and some kind of profit. I doubt that hxservers were planning this and I highly doubt that they made any kind of profit from this debacle, so I would not call it a scam.

I do however find all the excuses highly unlikely. The mails were never sent, the website never published, etc etc. It's just a bit too much. Sure, one of the things could very well happen, but not all of them, and especially not without anyone noticing.
    And even if everything would have worked, they would still have removed customers vps's after just a few weeks (days?) in operation and cancelled the service. That is not a good way to do business. Creds for refunding everyone, but still, fuck you for the way you handled it.

I get the feeling this is just one very young person in way over his head. Nothing makes sense strategically and the calculations are so far off even cociu would laugh at them. I do not think he has any ill intent, he just has absolutely no idea what he is doing and should either leave the business immediately or get someone with experience to help him out.

Thanked by 3maverick jar SirFoxy
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited October 2023

@rcy026 said:
    For something to be called a scam I think there has to be malicious intent and some kind of profit. I doubt that hxservers were planning this and I highly doubt that they made any kind of profit from this debacle, so I would not call it a scam.

I do however find all the excuses highly unlikely. The mails were never sent, the website never published, etc etc. It's just a bit too much. Sure, one of the things could very well happen, but not all of them, and especially not without anyone noticing.
    And even if everything would have worked, they would still have removed customers vps's after just a few weeks (days?) in operation and cancelled the service. That is not a good way to do business. Creds for refunding everyone, but still, fuck you for the way you handled it.

I get the feeling this is just one very young person in way over his head. Nothing makes sense strategically and the calculations are so far off even cociu would laugh at them. I do not think he has any ill intent, he just has absolutely no idea what he is doing and should either leave the business immediately or get someone with experience to help him out.

Not always malicious intent finale is profit. One can be happy from knowledge of damage he done. So, there can be moral, ethical and even religious intentions to scam people.

Also, victims can loose not only money, but most precious resource - time. Naive subjects signin for scam services, donate their time to use it.

Always dig deeper and you will find malice.

P.s. if project owner sudenly dies, than this is valid deadpool. Shit happens. Everyone can drop dead at any moment.

• @angstrom said:
    Can you clarify this?

"Other providers are asking HXServers of our business plan, which was expected however I would like to respectfully decline to comment any further at this time"

• Hey, we fucked up. This entire situation was wrong, and going forward this won't happen again.

• @angstrom said:

@WhiteRoseG said:
    HXServer thread on LET is misleading, i already reported it 1 week ago. The pricing doesn't make sence for a 8GB ram server is advertised on LET for 7,50, even with his 50% discount code you have to pay 16 because, on the website they are selling it for 32 the thread need to be modified or deleted this is false advertising.

@hxservers : Can you clarify this?

Thanked by 1SinV
  • @hxservers said:
    Hey, we fucked up. This entire situation was wrong, and going forward this won't happen again.

Will you insure tour business with gold bars and in case of fiasco - distribute among users?

This discussion has been closed.