Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HXServers | Our apologies | RCA | What happened? - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HXServers | Our apologies | RCA | What happened?

Comments

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited October 2023

@hxservers said:
    We've already asked LET to remove this post, as we cannot edit it. We couldn't edit it when Dallas went live either, but we made a comment when announcing Dallas was available what the hardware was, and it was clear what the hardware was on the ordering page.

Perfect! Show me in the thread where you posted the specs. I'll give you a hand so you don't have to sift through all of it.

Here's your launch announcement:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3734517/#Comment_3734517

but nothing about spec changes after that point. However you did announce your cheap intel offering..

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3732139/#Comment_3732139

Remember this guy complaining about it?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3732596/#Comment_3732596

• hxservershxservers Member
    edited October 2023

Hello,
    Did you not see the YABS posted? It specifies the specs at the top of the result. Also the link to the ordering page clearly stated EPYC 7502.
    I think I'm done responding to you at this point, you're not even a customer and never was. We owe you nothing at this point. Feel free to comment as much as you'd like though, we won't be responding to it.

• @hxservers said:
    Hello,
    Did you not see the YABS posted? It specifies the specs at the top of the result. Also the link to the ordering page clearly stated EPYC 7502.
    I think I'm done responding to you at this point, you're not even a customer and never was. We owe you nothing at this point. Feel free to comment as much as you'd like though, we won't be responding to it.

That's fine. Everyone reading this thread knows what the score is and you've put your foot in your mouth enough for people to understand how you conduct business. That's all I was looking to get out of this - making sure people know that you're untrustworthy and deceitful.

Thanked by 3hxservers Marx sasslik
  • @hxservers said:

@dev_vps said:

ok.
    thanks @hxservers for taking care of the ticket

No problem, happy to help our customers where we can. Thanks for sticking with us!

Refer to YABS below
    The multi-core GB6 score is same as Single core. It probably refers to loaded node.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-09-06                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Tue 24 Oct 2023 05:13:19 AM IST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 8 minutes
    Processor  : AMD EPYC-Milan Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 4491.504 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 928.8 MiB
    Swap       : 2.0 GiB
    Disk       : 60.0 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-26-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
    ISP        : Free Cloud Hosting Inc.
    ASN        : AS23470 ReliableSite.Net LLC
    Host       : Free Cloud Hosting Inc.
    Location   : Amsterdam, North Holland (NH)
    Country    : Netherlands

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 371.93 MB/s  (92.9k) | 1.48 GB/s    (23.2k)
    Write      | 372.92 MB/s  (93.2k) | 1.49 GB/s    (23.3k)
    Total      | 744.85 MB/s (186.2k) | 2.97 GB/s    (46.5k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 1.59 GB/s     (3.1k) | 1.88 GB/s     (1.8k)
    Write      | 1.68 GB/s     (3.2k) | 2.00 GB/s     (1.9k)
    Total      | 3.27 GB/s     (6.4k) | 3.88 GB/s     (3.7k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 93.6 Mbits/sec  | 535 Mbits/sec   | 129 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 137 Mbits/sec   | 835 Mbits/sec   | 137 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 135 Mbits/sec   | 105 Mbits/sec   | 132 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 106 Mbits/sec   | 423 Mbits/sec   | 227 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 309 Mbits/sec   | 620 Mbits/sec   | 64.7 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 66.7 Mbits/sec  | 248 Mbits/sec   | 38.9 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | 1.04 Gbits/sec  | 9.24 ms

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 195 Mbits/sec   | 475 Mbits/sec   | 129 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 136 Mbits/sec   | 813 Mbits/sec   | 137 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 164 Mbits/sec   | 176 Mbits/sec   | 132 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 64.1 Mbits/sec  | 489 Mbits/sec   | 226 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 269 Mbits/sec   | 915 Mbits/sec   | 64.7 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 303 Mbits/sec   | 821 Mbits/sec   | 38.9 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 604 Mbits/sec   | 1.02 Gbits/sec  | 9.17 ms

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1433
    Multi Core      | 1491
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/3218569

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited October 2023

@SirFoxy said:
    Man, there's been plenty of controversies about hosts losing data. HostHatch just lost an entire storage node like a month ago.

Here's one on BuyVM:

[link]

Seriously? Are you seriously putting a crapbox next to well established, large, providers like @hosthatch and @Francisco /BuyVM who earned their reputation and our trust over years?

Human error, machine error, no difference. Treat every host like they can lose your data. If every host was cancelled here when they had a controversy, there would be no hosts left.

Uhm, the data on @hxservers were not somehow sadly lost due to a technical mishap and not even due to human error. They were lost due to acute incompetence and willful action - as opposed to unforeseen happenstance.

At the end of the day, the harm caused here is by stupid decisions. There's no actual malicious intent, and it was a dirt cheap service to begin with. Do some simple due diligence. You're not obligated to click on their threads, buy their services, or beyond.

So serial lies and trickery does not indicate malicious intent? Well, in my world it does.

@SirFoxy said:

@Mumbly said:
    @SirFoxy apples and oranges (with all the lies and shenanigans included). If you carefully read recent threads there's absolutely nothing to defend really.

I'm not really defending @hxservers decisions. I get why people are mad.

Noho, not at all! You just consistenly argue with "understanding"; One almost might get tempted to try that "very innocent provider" ...

Just that the actions don't really warrant cancelling them. Everyone involved got their money back, and everyone has the right to not use them in the future.

Now, that's a position one might discuss about. Actually I myself am not sure that I would like to see them cancelled and tend more towards a temporary ban that can be lifted, once they demonstrate enough honesty and maturity to deserve a second change.

Add on:

@Don_Keedic said:
    HXServers called me a liar directly and then @FAT32 came up big - grabbed a cache version that proved everything I was saying. That's when the house of lies really started to crumble in on itself.

The serial liar hxserver calling the honest user a liar ... (and getting caught red handed).

Btw. and sadly forgotten in the heat of the events: kudos, @FAT32!

Compliments btw wrt your LEB articles, SirFoxy, which made me occasionally look at LEB (at all). Well done!
    In the context of @hxservers however I wouldn't know how to defend you if someone indicated that he wonders not if but only how much "they" pay you, sorry.

@hxservers said:
    Hey, we fucked up. This entire situation was wrong, and going forward this won't happen again.

Hahaha! At least you're funny albeit in a weird way!
    Btw, you should hope and pray that there will be a "going forward", any future for your company here.

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Hey, can I change my prices 8 times in a month?

Sorry no, as you should have noticed by now LET has a hard stance even towards Patron Providers. So, sorry, but no more than 3 price changes per week and no more than 5 per month.

Thanked by 2SirFoxy HalfEatenPie
  • @dev_vps said:

@hxservers said:

@dev_vps said:

ok.

No problem, happy to help our customers where we can. Thanks for sticking with us!

Refer to YABS below
    The multi-core GB6 score is same as Single core. It probably refers to loaded node.

|                      |

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 93.6 Mbits/sec  | 535 Mbits/sec   | 129 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 137 Mbits/sec   | 835 Mbits/sec   | 137 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 135 Mbits/sec   | 105 Mbits/sec   | 132 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 106 Mbits/sec   | 423 Mbits/sec   | 227 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 309 Mbits/sec   | 620 Mbits/sec   | 64.7 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 66.7 Mbits/sec  | 248 Mbits/sec   | 38.9 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | 1.04 Gbits/sec  | 9.24 ms

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 195 Mbits/sec   | 475 Mbits/sec   | 129 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 136 Mbits/sec   | 813 Mbits/sec   | 137 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 164 Mbits/sec   | 176 Mbits/sec   | 132 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 64.1 Mbits/sec  | 489 Mbits/sec   | 226 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 269 Mbits/sec   | 915 Mbits/sec   | 64.7 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 303 Mbits/sec   | 821 Mbits/sec   | 38.9 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 604 Mbits/sec   | 1.02 Gbits/sec  | 9.17 ms

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1433
    Multi Core      | 1491

Hello again! This was probably why your new VPS was created on a non 7950X server - for improved performance. Would you like to migrate back? Please submit a ticket for this issue. Thanks!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2023

@Don_Keedic said:

@bench said:
    it's a tough business, mess up once and you'll be trampled

Mess up and own up to it with truth and I think most folks are pretty accommodating.

This situation was anything BUT that.

That's the correct take. Making a mistake early in building reputation can actually improve your reputation. It gives people early insight into how you handle failure, which is inevitable. That insight will quickly dictate whether or not people want to do business with you.

Frankly I'd respect this provider more, and I genuinely mean that, if he typed these words:

"I changed my mind about the Dallas location, and I figured that 10 users couldn't cause me much trouble, so I just went ahead and refunded and terminated them. I didn't announce it, I didn't send out an email, I just cut my losses and moved on."

Hell, I once mass closed tickets to clear a backlog. I said "I'm going to do a shitty thing, and we're going to get this over with." Because you can do shitty things sometimes, people do have tolerance for that. You just have to be sparing with it and build a reputation above it. It can't be what people most know you for.

Thanked by 1georgedatacenter
  • @hxservers said:

@dev_vps said:

@hxservers said:

@dev_vps said:

ok.

Refer to YABS below

|                      |

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1433
    Multi Core      | 1491

Hello again! This was probably why your new VPS was created on a non 7950X server - for improved performance. Would you like to migrate back? Please submit a ticket for this issue. Thanks!

Please move the VPS to best possible node

Ticket Created #JWG-488530

• @hxservers

Chris, when do you sleep? You are here days and nights :D

• @jsg said:

@SirFoxy said:
    Man, there's been plenty of controversies about hosts losing data. HostHatch just lost an entire storage node like a month ago.

Here's one on BuyVM:

[link]

Seriously? Are you seriously putting a crapbox next to well established, large, providers like @hosthatch and @Francisco /BuyVM who earned their reputation and our trust over years?

Human error, machine error, no difference. Treat every host like they can lose your data. If every host was cancelled here when they had a controversy, there would be no hosts left.

Uhm, the data on @hxservers were not somehow sadly lost due to a technical mishap and not even due to human error. They were lost due to acute incompetence and willful action - as opposed to unforeseen happenstance.

At the end of the day, the harm caused here is by stupid decisions. There's no actual malicious intent, and it was a dirt cheap service to begin with. Do some simple due diligence. You're not obligated to click on their threads, buy their services, or beyond.

So serial lies and trickery does not indicate malicious intent? Well, in my world it does.

@SirFoxy said:

@Mumbly said:
    @SirFoxy apples and oranges (with all the lies and shenanigans included). If you carefully read recent threads there's absolutely nothing to defend really.

I'm not really defending @hxservers decisions. I get why people are mad.

Noho, not at all! You just consistenly argue with "understanding"; One almost might get tempted to try that "very innocent provider" ...

Just that the actions don't really warrant cancelling them. Everyone involved got their money back, and everyone has the right to not use them in the future.

Now, that's a position one might discuss about. Actually I myself am not sure that I would like to see them cancelled and tend more towards a temporary ban that can be lifted, once they demonstrate enough honesty and maturity to deserve a second change.

Add on:

@Don_Keedic said:
    HXServers called me a liar directly and then @FAT32 came up big - grabbed a cache version that proved everything I was saying. That's when the house of lies really started to crumble in on itself.

Btw. and sadly forgotten in the heat of the events: kusod, @FAT32!

Compliments btw wrt your LEB articles which made me occasionally look at LEB (at all). Well done!
    In the context of @hxservers however I wouldn't know how to defend you if someone indicated that he wonders not if but only how much "they" pay you, sorry.

@hxservers said:
    Hey, we fucked up. This entire situation was wrong, and going forward this won't happen again.

Hahaha! At least you're funny albeit in a weird way!
    Btw, you should hope and pray that there will be a "going forward", any future for your company here.

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Hey, can I change my prices 8 times in a month?

Sorry no, as you should have noticed by now LET has a hard stance even towards Patron Providers. So, sorry, but no more than 3 price changes per week and no more than 5 per month.

I / HXServers will happily accept a consequence from LET if one is passed down on me. However, as previously stated by others, I've owned my mistake, refunded customers, and have apologized and even provided an "excellent" RCA. As far as I know, LET is a neutral party in all of this, simply allowing potential customers to find / reach potential hosts, as previously stated. Upset, completely unrelated LET users who are not even customers keep stating things along the lines of "IF your business continues" "IF you get more orders" etc. Yet here we are, with yet another 70 new orders today fulfilled successfully.

At this point, this is being blown out of proportion (in my opinion of course) - which is pretty understandable considering people love drama when it's not their own drama or reputation on the line. If the powers at be decide we're best suited not being on LET, that's their decision to make and one I will absolutely respect.

I'll say it again, I apologize for the series of mistakes made recently. This wasn't done out of malice or ill intentions, it was simply a lack of proper planning and coordination performed to reach a goal I had of retiring our old platform. Moving forward, I have learned a lot about what not to do and even more so about the things I should be triple checking before smashing that execute button.

• hxservershxservers Member
    edited October 2023

@tsoft said:
    @hxservers

Chris, when do you sleep? You are here days and nights :D

'#NoSleepSquad

• @dev_vps said:

@hxservers said:

@dev_vps said:

@hxservers said:

@dev_vps said:

ok.

Refer to YABS below

|                      |

Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1433
    Multi Core      | 1491

Please move the VPS to best possible node

Ticket Created #JWG-488530

Completed!

@hxservers

I'm a bit worried about you, as you seem to actually believe the BS you tell, and, probably even worse, you seem to think that we believe what a confirmed serial liar says.

Congrats btw wrt the 70 new orders today - which, even if true (which I don't think), don't demonstrate anything but the fact that not everyone on this planet reads LET and even not every LET user has read the hxservers thread zoo yet (and/or not completely).

Thanked by 2jar LowHosting
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@jsg said:
    @hxservers

I'm a bit worried about you, as you seem to actually believe the BS you tell, and, probably even worse, you seem to think that we believe what a confirmed serial liar says.

Congrats btw wrt the 70 new orders today - which, even if true (which I don't think), don't demonstrate anything but the fact that not everyone on this planet reads LET and even not every LET user has read the hxservers thread zoo yet (and/or not completely).

I wish I was popular enough to get 70 orders a day. I only got 10 yesterday.

Thanked by 3jsg iKeyZ RIYAD
  • @jsg said:
    @hxservers

Appreciate the concern? I have no control over what you choose to believe or not, but the facts provided are real facts. I made a mistake earlier by saying we notified customers and quickly realized that wasn’t the case, especially after it was pointed out. It was a mistake. I’m making changes to prevent this from ever happening in the future again. Have a good day.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@jar said:

Bring the $5 deals and you will get 70 in an hour :wink:

Thanked by 2jar sh97

@jar said:

Sorry for the bad news but you are not made of the same material as him. You are, sorry if that sounds harsh, neither able nor willing to serially lie, to willy nilly change prices, let alone multiple times in a week, or to willy nilly terminate both users and parts of your infrastructure. I know that probably hurts but not every-"we" can be a successful cheater and liar. And even less so when he puts real numbers against "I had a wet dream" numbers.

Maybe this consoles you a little bit: (certainly not only) I continue to trust in you and to consider you a serious player and provider of a great and reliable service whom we recommend without hesitation.

@hxservers said:

@jsg said:
    @hxservers

Appreciate the concern? I have no control over what you choose to believe or not, but the facts provided are real facts. I made a mistake earlier by saying we notified customers and quickly realized that wasn’t the case, especially after it was pointed out. It was a mistake. I’m making changes to prevent this from ever happening in the future again. Have a good day.

It wasn't a "mistake". I was yet another lie. But of course you are free to call a lie a "mistake" or, hey why not, "chocolate ice cream" - and we are free to not believe your serial and consistent lies.

Thanked by 2jar Marx
  • Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited October 2023

@hxservers said:

@jsg said:
    @hxservers

It wasn't a "mistake". I was yet another lie. But of course you are free to call a lie a "mistake" or, hey why not, "chocolate ice cream" - and we are free to not believe your serial and consistent lies.

And also take note that he says he's "making changes" not "changes have already been made" (past tense/present tense)

He clearly blamed "his other employee" and "fired him" - so that should be case closed - no other changes necessary but when you tell as many lies as he has, it's hard to keep track of what he said to who.

Like Judge Judy says, "If you tell the truth, then you don't have to have a good memory."

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @Advin said: Just an FYI, I'm pretty sure MadCityServers used to be HotlineServers which deadpooled a while back - https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/172358/hotlineservers-are-down/p1(hence why I think they're banned from LET)

I think MadCityServers has been in business for around 2 years now and I don't know if they'll deadpool again, just something to look out for because HotlineServers basically shut down without any warning or notice (everything just went offline randomly). It's one thing to shut down with advanced notice, but it's another to leave your clients in the dark and disappear

I'm aware of the fiasco. I had asked the owner about it and this was his response.

I use their VPS cluster, paying monthly. The price/performance is excellent. I've been a satisfied customer for a few months. If they fold, I'll lose just a month's payment, but my business won't be affected since I cluster with other hosts' VPSs.

• @Merakith said:
    I use their VPS cluster, paying monthly. The price/performance is excellent. I've been a satisfied customer for a few months. If they fold, I'll lose just a month's payment, but my business won't be affected since I cluster with other hosts' VPSs.

Chris is strong B) will not give up that easy ✊

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited October 2023

@tsoft said:

@Merakith said:

?

• @SirFoxy said:

@tsoft said:

@Merakith said:

?

I am guessing he/she looked at my profile and found my email address.

• Sheesh you guys like drama.

• @hxservers said:
    Sheesh you guys like drama.

Welcome to LowEndTalk.

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited October 2023

@hxservers said:

00:26 in your location... do you ever sleep??

• No, are you mentally ill? From migrating services to deactivating vps, I did not receive any notification. I just suddenly discovered that all my services were offline, and then I realized that you had deactivated my server! I get millions of visits every day. Do you know how much loss this has caused me? ? I just paid someone to repair my program a few days ago. All the configurations are on the server, and I haven't even had time to back them up! Why are you too lazy to send any emails! ? Why didn't you send an email to ask for a backup before migrating the server? Now you post a statement on the forum and that's the end of it? ? ? ? What to do with all my losses! ? That’s a loss of thousands of dollars! Now I have to scold you while urgently contacting other operators to provide services! I'm really angry! Fxxk!

• 🧐

• @ICC2022 said:
    No, are you mentally ill? From migrating services to deactivating vps, I did not receive any notification. I just suddenly discovered that all my services were offline, and then I realized that you had deactivated my server! I get millions of visits every day. Do you know how much loss this has caused me? ? I just paid someone to repair my program a few days ago. All the configurations are on the server, and I haven't even had time to back them up! Why are you too lazy to send any emails! ? Why didn't you send an email to ask for a backup before migrating the server? Now you post a statement on the forum and that's the end of it? ? ? ? What to do with all my losses! ? That’s a loss of thousands of dollars! Now I have to scold you while urgently contacting other operators to provide services! I'm really angry! Fxxk!

Hello,
    We only see 1 VPS in your account. We did not deactivate your VPS, nor delete it. Your VPS was down because it was shutdown. This was not done by HXServers. As per your very angry ticket, we've turned on your VPS (which you also could've done at any point in time). Your VPS is online and is responding to ping.

• @hxservers said:

@ICC2022 said:
    No, are you mentally ill? From migrating services to deactivating vps, I did not receive any notification. I just suddenly discovered that all my services were offline, and then I realized that you had deactivated my server! I get millions of visits every day. Do you know how much loss this has caused me? ? I just paid someone to repair my program a few days ago. All the configurations are on the server, and I haven't even had time to back them up! Why are you too lazy to send any emails! ? Why didn't you send an email to ask for a backup before migrating the server? Now you post a statement on the forum and that's the end of it? ? ? ? What to do with all my losses! ? That’s a loss of thousands of dollars! Now I have to scold you while urgently contacting other operators to provide services! I'm really angry! Fxxk!

Hello,
    We only see 1 VPS in your account. We did not deactivate your VPS, nor delete it. Your VPS was down because it was shutdown. This was not done by HXServers. As per your very angry ticket, we've turned on your VPS (which you also could've done at any point in time). Your VPS is online and is responding to ping.

I saw the work order information. The server was not shut down by me. It was shut down suddenly, and I couldn't enable it in the control panel. I also saw the posts in the forum, and I thought it was my server that was also shut down. I'm very sorry. I use this tone, but please understand my anger. At present, my service has been offline for several hours, and the loss is very large. Please check whether there is any problem with the control system, and why it shuts down and cannot be turned on without my operation.

• @hxservers said:

Chris, how are you. Any plans for 1.25$?

This discussion has been closed.