Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your favourite super cheap services that just work, like MXRoute for example? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are your favourite super cheap services that just work, like MXRoute for example?

Comments

• @JerryHou said: Good explanation

bububutt Addyio has more features

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • jlet88jlet88 Member
    edited October 2023

https://standardnotes.com/ is super

I agree with a lot of other good services listed in this thread, thanks, @vitobotta, useful thread!

Thanked by 1vitobotta
  • Cyberpanel

Thanked by 1seenu
  • nokstarnokstar Member
    edited October 2023
    1. Cloudflare - DDOS protection for free, CDN and many more..
      still remember paying over $1000 per month for rip-off ddos protection services who just null routed me for simple flood attacks from competitors.
      I truly love cloudflare, it saved my web site.

2. G Suite legacy free edition with XX accounts. Today's price of $6 per account it saves me $100s per month.

3. Saw palmetto - saved my hair without finasteride.

4. Windows (this should be No1) - I'm now self employed because I learned all of my skills on pirated Windows when I was young and poor. Now that I have paid for Windows, Mac, and other programs, but I will be eternally grateful to Windows for paving the way for my success when my family was poor and could not afford it.

• @nokstar said: still remember paying over $1000 per month for rip-off ddos protection services just null routed me for simple flood attacks from competitors.

Name and shame.

• nokstarnokstar Member
    edited October 2023

@sillycat said:

@nokstar said: still remember paying over $1000 per month for rip-off ddos protection services just null routed me for simple flood attacks from competitors.

Name and shame.

those days there were no cheap anti ddos services. Akamai was there for big boys like Yahoo who paid millions.
    As i remember the name was black_something security.
    then cloudflare came and offered it for free!

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • buyvm.com

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • MXroute, MXroute and xh@m$t3r. Just work, they do.

Thanked by 1jar
  • websswebss Member
    edited October 2023

been using a plan for the last few years - but the free one looks pretty good - https://www.heylogin.com/en/pricing

• mxroute
    windscribe
    cloudflare
    myw.pt
    oxygen
    tailscale
    ente
    setapp
    termius
    shodan

• Cloudflare, Bunny net, Proxmox, Termius, Netdata ..

Thanked by 2ManuelM BasToTheMax
  • @nokstar said:

@sillycat said:

@nokstar said: still remember paying over $1000 per month for rip-off ddos protection services just null routed me for simple flood attacks from competitors.

Name and shame.

those days there were no cheap anti ddos services. Akamai was there for big boys like Yahoo who paid millions.
    As i remember the name was black_something security.
    then cloudflare came and offered it for free!

Was it Black Lotus??

• What do you guys think about Zonal365? Is it a good email service like MXRoute?

Thanked by 1ManuelM
  • @mikewazar said:
    mxroute
    windscribe
    cloudflare
    myw.pt
    oxygen
    tailscale
    ente
    setapp
    termius
    shodan

this is comprehensive, thanks.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • My favourite super cheap service that just works is in my signature 😎

• Though it isn't perfect, I will mention Pinboard because I don't think anyone else did.

• MXRoute is good :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • anbelevebelanbelevebel Member
    edited November 2023

postmark for sending transactional emails
    intercom for live chat, managing all social platforms DMs and emails from single place, sending marketing emails, and knowledgebase as well as very cheap AI chat bot that works based on your knowledgebase
    tableplus GUI for any type of database
    netdata for monitoring, hosted
    wisp for game panel, hosted
    mongodb atlas for mongodb, hosted
    upstash for redis, hosted
    plausible for cookie-less analytics
    instatus for public status page
    dmarc digests for dmarc monitoring
    github copilot to speed up your coding and documentation
    notion mostly for internal documentation for our devs and customer support team

these are the services that I actively use for the last 5+ years for my business and they’ve been really solid so far.

• @anbelevebel said: dmarc digests for dmarc monitoring

Apparently there is a free tier. I haven't yet figured out how many names they will monitor free of charge. I think dmarcian only does two at a time for free.

• anbelevebelanbelevebel Member
    edited November 2023

@Turbo_Pascal said:

@anbelevebel said: dmarc digests for dmarc monitoring

Apparently there is a free tier. I haven't yet figured out how many names they will monitor free of charge. I think dmarcian only does two at a time for free.

This is not a free tier. It’s actually a completely different product than dmarcdigests.com even though both products are from the same company.

If you’re using Postmark, you have the option to use that simple complimentary dmarc monitoring tool that they offer which sends you emails every week (no dashboard) and that’s all. dmarcdigests.com offers a full on dashboard with detailed information about what’s going on with your domains.

However I recently discovered about Cloudflare DMARC Management which seems to offer everything that dmarcdigests.com offers but for free. It might worth switching to if you’re already in Cloudflare ecosystem or looking for a free alternative.

Thanked by 2Turbo_Pascal bermudi
  • Good to know! My next step will be to find out if Cloudflare requires using their nameservers in order to get free DMARC monitoring.

@anbelevebel said: However I recently discovered about Cloudflare DMARC Management which seems to offer everything that dmarcdigests.com offers but for free. It might worth switching to if you’re already in Cloudflare ecosystem or looking for a free alternative.

• @Don_Keedic said:
    Bunny.net everything is pretty fantastic.

How do they compare to CloudFlare's free CDN?

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited November 2023

@josephf said:

@Don_Keedic said:

I hate CloudFlare and I hope someday in the very near future, you will too.

As far as Bunny goes - never had a lick of problems with them. Very inexpensive (I don't want to use the word cheap as it implies lesser quality), solid PoPs and it is a quality product with uptime that reflects such. I'm a fan.

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax
  • @Don_Keedic said:

@josephf said:

@Don_Keedic said:

Doesn't really answer the question.

Thanked by 1bermudi
  • Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited November 2023

@hennaboy said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@josephf said:

@Don_Keedic said:

Sorry you replied within 15 seconds of me hitting the submit button and finishing out my reply.

Go with Cloudflare bro!

• @Don_Keedic said:

@hennaboy said:

@Don_Keedic said:

@josephf said:

@Don_Keedic said:

Sorry you replied within 15 seconds of me hitting the submit button and finishing out my reply.

Go with Cloudflare bro!

Well 2mins had passed. I naturally thought that is all you had to say. Glad you came back and padded it out somewhat!

• @Turbo_Pascal said:
    Good to know! My next step will be to find out if Cloudflare requires using their nameservers in order to get free DMARC monitoring.

@anbelevebel said: However I recently discovered about Cloudflare DMARC Management which seems to offer everything that dmarcdigests.com offers but for free. It might worth switching to if you’re already in Cloudflare ecosystem or looking for a free alternative.

Yes, it is required to use Cloudflare DNS to use their DMARC features. So you have to add your website/domain to CF first.

Honestly CF is a great product. We’re using their $20/mo plan for the past 5 years on all our websites and it’s just great. Packed with features that we’re actively using and it’s especially great against DDoS protection. Best product you could get for $20.

We’ve also recently switched to R2 and although it’s bandwidth limited right now (around 500Mbps), it’s been pretty solid so far.

• I'm using Cloudflare DNS for one domain name that is not critical for me. I hesitate to migrate important domain names to Cloudflare. What bothers me most is the likely lack of encryption between the origin and Cloudflare. Have you considered this problem or have you decided it's not important? I am open to using Cloudflare if I can address my concerns about it.

@anbelevebel said: Honestly CF is a great product.

• @Turbo_Pascal said:
    I'm using Cloudflare DNS for one domain name that is not critical for me. I hesitate to migrate important domain names to Cloudflare. What bothers me most is the likely lack of encryption between the origin and Cloudflare. Have you considered this problem or have you decided it's not important? I am open to using Cloudflare if I can address my concerns about it.

@anbelevebel said: Honestly CF is a great product.

If your origin is set to use HTTPS by default to serve content, then why would you be concerned about encryption? Cloudflare would communicate with the origin in the same way as any other client.

• Please correct me. I understood encryption must be disabled at the origin in order to make Cloudflare work correctly and serve HTTPS to end users. One of my sites literally would not load (while served by Cloudflare) until I disabled encryption at the origin.

This even seems to be what one web host (RackNerd) suggests:

In this case, if your website is behind CloudFlare, CloudFlare will automatically handle SSL for your website and you do not need to use cPanel AutoSSL.