Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your favourite super cheap services that just work, like MXRoute for example?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are your favourite super cheap services that just work, like MXRoute for example?

@jar is running an awesome service. I really like it. Super affordable and never had any issues with it.

Are there other services like this that you particularly like?

(And no, I am not affiliated with MXRoute in any way, other than using it with a small $15/yr plan for a few domains)

Thanked by 3jar greentea jlet88

Comments

• boringHustlerboringHustler Member, Host Rep

We offer a barrage of them, most of them including Free plans via our company Fresent

Including completely free services, all listed on our website ;)

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @boringHustler said:
    We offer a barrage of them, most of them including Free plans via our company Fresent

But these are services that you offer yourself... I am talking about services provided by others.

• @vitobotta said:

@boringHustler said:

But these are services that you offer yourself... I am talking about services provided by others.

Fresent offers a barrage of them, most of them including Free plans. All are listed on the company's website. :)

• bitwarden

• @ShadowLurker said:
    bitwarden

Oh true! I also use and love Bitwarden. $10/yr is nothing for such a good product.

• bunny.net cdn, and Stream. super cheap.

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2023

@boringHustler said:

With this mentioned in the same thread as me, I’d like to point out that I’m looking for people using Fresent services with MXroute SMTP, and I will terminate accounts. This is not something unknown, this is on the top of my radar. It only takes one event for me to notice new patterns related to it and adjust monitoring accordingly. This is a key part of my daily workload.

• Oracle free tier is the big one. Hetrixtools? he.net tunnels and DNS? Buddyns DNS? Scaleway's stardust instances are cheap, too (and I think they've added Warsaw2 as a location recently).

• Anonaddy. Now rebranded to addy.io.

Also windscribe vpn.

• I've used hostvds.com for throwaway, temporary VPS testing. Hourly billing that practically costed me less than 50 cents after three months of intermittent usage.

Thanked by 1gks
    edited October 2023

@jar said:

@boringHustler said:

With this mentioned in the same thread as me, I’d like to point out that I’m looking for people using Fresent services with MXroute SMTP, and I will terminate accounts. This is not something unknown, this is on the top of my radar. It only takes one event for me to notice new patterns related to it and adjust monitoring accordingly. This is a key part of my daily workload.

Absolutely makes sense.
    MXRoute was always advertised to be used as Transactional (or close to Transactional).

In fact, on numerous occasion I have pro-actively asked folks to not use MXRoute with Cold Emailing in our community, as it pro-actively blocks users for any kind of automations.

However, if folks do decide to use MXRoute and breach your T.O.S. with our services, it's their choice. :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • @vitobotta said: Are there other services like this that you particularly like?

looking for the comment that mentions about C1V hosting :)

• @c1vhosting said:

@vitobotta said: Are there other services like this that you particularly like?

Your service is shit. Shit with regular outages. It does not just work so stop spamming.

Here's your comment.

• COLBYLICIOUSCOLBYLICIOUS Member
    edited October 2023

To be honest, I am using the lifetime plans of MXRoute and Myw webhosting. If I had more knowledge and patience for sure I sure had some 7950xd servers from hostbrr because their prices are just too good.

Other things, using Cloudflare DNS and proxied all my websites through their infrastructure. Oracle Free Tier just for testing, if I remember something I will post here.

LE: HetrixTools to check uptime of my websites.

• @jar said:

@boringHustler said:

What do you mean? They use MXRoute for non transactional email or did I misunderstand?

@FranzVonVirMach said:

@c1vhosting said:

Your service is shit. Shit with regular outages. It does not just work so stop spamming.

Here's your comment.

Dead :joy:

Thanked by 2WebProject ariq01
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited October 2023

@Don_Keedic said:
    Bunny.net everything is pretty fantastic.

Love this

@ShadowLurker said:
    bitwarden

& this.

I've been using PikaPods by someone on here (sorry I forgot the user!) which is handy to spin something up now and again.

edit: ah it's @m4nu

• @iKeyZ said:

@Don_Keedic said:

Love this

@ShadowLurker said:
    bitwarden

& this.

I've been using PikaPods by someone on here (sorry I forgot the user!) which is handy to spin something up now and again.

PikaPods looks nice

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @vitobotta said:

@iKeyZ said:

@Don_Keedic said:

Love this

@ShadowLurker said:
    bitwarden

& this.

PikaPods looks nice

When it was advertised on here, free credit was given which I'm still going through months later.

Good to be able to spin up/destroy different apps easily and it has custom domain support too.

• RealDebrid
    UI is some prehistoric shit but it works

edited October 2023

@vitobotta said: They use MXRoute for non transactional email or did I misunderstand?

Marketing and marketing adjacent services. Most specifically, "cold email" which is a turn of phrase meant to sound better than "unsolicited marketing email" (because it's impossible to argue that unsolicited marketing email isn't spam).

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown
  • @jmaxwell said:
    RealDebrid
    UI is some prehistoric shit but it works

Oh I love RealDebrid!!! I wish I had discovered it sooner. I am no longer downloading shit now :D Streaming with Streamio+Torrentio+RealDebrid is perfect

@jar said:

@vitobotta said: They use MXRoute for non transactional email or did I misunderstand?

Marketing and marketing adjacent services. Most specifically, "cold email" which is a turn of phrase meant to sound better than "unsolicited marketing email" (because it's impossible to argue that unsolicited marketing email isn't spam).

Do you have mechanisms to automatically block them? They can hurt the reputation of your IPs I guess?

Thanked by 1jar

@vitobotta said: Do you have mechanisms to automatically block them? They can hurt the reputation of your IPs I guess?

I think you'd be genuinely entertained by the work I do every day. The ways I can find this stuff without violating anyone's privacy, it's definitely part of my secret sauce.

Thanked by 2vitobotta rgenzon
  • @vitobotta said:

Streamio+Torrentio+RealDebrid

Thanked by 1vitobotta
    edited October 2023

@jar said:

Just a small correction.
    "Cold Email" is the term that defines B2B outreach, and when people attempt to do B2C it's spam.
    But as most folks (on both side of spectrum Cold Emailers and Email Service providers) keep confusing one with other, guns are drawn immediately.

Allow me to elaborate with an example.
    You want to know more about service of MXRoute, but you are not a customer.
    So, what do you do for that?
    You drop them an email at their business email address (you had no contact or legal interactions with before) and that's a "Cold Email" too.

However, when people do same thing to a personal email address, it's infringement of privacy and other relevant laws.

Ironically, all the big companies in the world do "Cold Email" and many of them do B2C outreach as well "Spam".
    It's just the way world works, "Everyone wants to sell, but no one wants to get sold".

Thanked by 1homelabber
    edited October 2023

@boringHustler said: "Cold Email" is the term that defines B2B outreach, and when people attempt to do B2C it's spam.

• Scrapes a list of email addresses of employees from website
    • Sends all of them an automated email advertising their product
    • Sends a follow-up a week later asking "why haven't I heard from you?"
    • Says it isn't spam because it's "B2B"

:lol:

Sorry @vitobotta didn't mean to hijack your thread lol

• HetrixTools is amazing

• bunny (1€/month)
    racknerd VPS (10€/y-40€/y)
    cheapie from webhorizon (3$/year (BF deal))
    Deepai grandfather account (CHEAP)
    1password (family) (70€/y)
    BeachSIM Sim Card (one time 10€ or 20€)
    domain from porkbun (< 10€/y)
    windows vps (80€/y) from (REDACTED COMPANY)

i pay money from my own pocket

take my money people above

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • @FranzVonVirMach said:

@c1vhosting said:

Here's your comment.

I'm crying

• @c1vhosting said:

@FranzVonVirMach said:

@c1vhosting said:

Here's your comment.

I'm crying

Me too, but because it was too funny to read :joy: