Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your favourite super cheap services that just work, like MXRoute for example? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are your favourite super cheap services that just work, like MXRoute for example?

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@bamboo4409 said: ihostart

wow, IPv6 is already working?

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • quanhua92quanhua92 Member
    edited October 2023

hetrixtools
    Free uptime monitor

• kvz12kvz12 Member
    edited October 2023

@Envida said:

@boringHustler said:

@jar said:

@vitobotta said: They use MXRoute for non transactional email or did I misunderstand?

Marketing and marketing adjacent services. Most specifically, "cold email" which is a turn of phrase meant to sound better than "unsolicited marketing email" (because it's impossible to argue that unsolicited marketing email isn't spam).

Just a small correction.
    "Cold Email" is the term that defines B2B outreach, and when people attempt to do B2C it's spam.
    But as most folks (on both side of spectrum Cold Emailers and Email Service providers) keep confusing one with other, guns are drawn immediately.

Allow me to elaborate with an example.
    You want to know more about service of MXRoute, but you are not a customer.
    So, what do you do for that?
    You drop them an email at their business email address (you had no contact or legal interactions with before) and that's a "Cold Email" too.

However, when people do same thing to a personal email address, it's infringement of privacy and other relevant laws.

Ironically, all the big companies in the world do "Cold Email" and many of them do B2C outreach as well "Spam".
    It's just the way world works, "Everyone wants to sell, but no one wants to get sold".

As someone who has just started getting a load of "B2B outreach emails" recently, you really are talking a load of balls.

For a start, in your example the email I, as potential customer of MX route, would not be cold emailing them, unless you have a very twisted definition of it.

If we assume that cold emailing has a similar definition of cold caling, which it does, it is contacting people who have never expressed an interest in your service or product (i.e. spam). If MX route provide an email adress for me to contact them on regarding sales, they are soliciting for business. ie. they expect sales enquiries and I may be interested in buying their service, not selling them some random rubbish.

Also, you say that it's different than targeting personal email addresses. That's not always the case, for example in the UK if you send unsolicited B2B communications to emails belonging to sole traders or certain types of partnerships then they are treated as if you sent them to a personal address and are covered under the regulations set out in the 2003 PECR legislation. I fit into this category on the address that has just started recieving B2B spam. Also, if your work email is identifiable, e.g firstname.lastname@ you have rights under the data protection act. I also fit into this category.

No matter what terms you use to justify your businesses existance and who emails are targeting, B2B outreach, cold emailing. It's unsolicited. It's spam. Pure and simple. Your service facilitates it and you should be ashamed of that.

Anyway back on topic, as well as MX Route, and Bitwarden. Hetzer Storage share has always worked really well for me. I got fed up maintaining my own nextcloud instance and the hetzner service has filled the gap perfectly for me.

Authy has been excellent for 2FA and the fact they have a desktop app is a bonus.

I've had the free version of Google Workspace for personal use since it came out and it's been practically flawless too.

Never again will I use Authy, everything worked fine for a few years until I try to log into my account one day, and my password doesn't work. I change the password using the device I'm still signed into and it still doesn't work.

• @DeadlyChemist said:
    BeachSIM Sim Card (one time 10€ or 20€)

Can you explain this a bit further?
    It seems that they only offer 30-day subscriptions on their website https://www.beachsim.com/en/

I've been looking for a throwaway sim for online 2FA for a while, and a one-time purchase would be awesome (since I wont need to send, call, or use data).

• aloofaloof Member
    edited October 2023

@cheekydozen said:

@sreekanth850 said: PurelyMail, an MXRoute alternative ($10 annually)

Service is run by @jar 's cousins. :)

Say what? Are Scott and Jar related?

I have to admit that I prefer purelymail over with MXRoute. Purelymail has a mechanism that checks DMARC and respects its settings. It also checks for refenerce ID in incoming messages. This way, if someone replies to your email, the reply won't end up in spam. I've been using Purelymail for the second year now and haven't had any problems with email delivery or spam protection.

• @Foxx said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

It seems that they only offer 30-day subscriptions on their website https://www.beachsim.com/en/

I've been looking for a throwaway sim for online 2FA for a while, and a one-time purchase would be awesome (since I wont need to send, call, or use data).

https://www.amazon.de/Prepaid-SIM-Karte-GPS-Tracker-Winnes-Paj-GPS/dp/B08H5N1RGL/

20€
    10€ for card
    10€ for 10€ credit

valid 10 years i think
    you have a number you can call

i want to integrate it in ESPHome / HomeAssistant and later 1password... i sadly lack the time to develop some software and my c/cpp is dogshit

• M66BM66B Veteran

@DeadlyChemist said:

@Foxx said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

https://www.amazon.de/Prepaid-SIM-Karte-GPS-Tracker-Winnes-Paj-GPS/dp/B08H5N1RGL/

20€
    10€ for card
    10€ for 10€ credit

valid 10 years i think

i want to integrate it in ESPHome / HomeAssistant and later 1password... i sadly lack the time to develop some software and my c/cpp is dogshit

Read the 1-star reviews to see why it's cheap and won't last.

• Someone mentioned allsync nextcloud instances on LET. Have been using them since. Pretty happy so far.

Thanked by 2Erisa bermudi
  • @M66B said: Read the 1-star reviews to see why it's cheap and won't last.

even if it will last 2 years it's worth the money imo
    but sure
    i like it, mine still works i think

• @DeadlyChemist said:

@Foxx said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

20€
    10€ for card
    10€ for 10€ credit

valid 10 years i think

Thanks for the follow up!

This does indeed look very good, and I'd imagine it works perfect for what it's being sold as (GPS tracking).

Unfortunately, any time-limit would make it unusable for my purpose, as I'd need the number in more than 10 years.
    Can't really risk having the number expire if it is connected as a backup to all of my accounts.

I do appreciate the link though, and I might make use of it for another project.

• @Foxx said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

@Foxx said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

20€
    10€ for card
    10€ for 10€ credit

valid 10 years i think

Thanks for the follow up!

This does indeed look very good, and I'd imagine it works perfect for what it's being sold as (GPS tracking).

Unfortunately, any time-limit would make it unusable for my purpose, as I'd need the number in more than 10 years.
    Can't really risk having the number expire if it is connected as a backup to all of my accounts.

I do appreciate the link though, and I might make use of it for another project.

fair, but again, people loose sim cards all day, so not a catastrophy if you loose number, just very very annyoing

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Foxx said: Can't really risk having the number expire if it is connected as a backup to all of my accounts.

Can't you top up the credit for another ten years? Or port the number?
    Any company can go bust but the customers are being taken over by another. In this case it might not work though.

• Need more replies in this topic

• Google Drive 2TB plan costs around 22$ per year for me.

• SwiftnodeSwiftnode Member, Host Rep

Cloudns.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • Cloudns free permanent (legacy 2018), 3 zones, unlimited records and unlimited dns queries.

• @ariq01 said:
    Cloudns free permanent (legacy 2018), 3 zones, unlimited records and unlimited dns queries.

I've got the same account, legacy 2018 plan with 3 free zones, unlimited query instead of current free account with only 1 zone and 1million query. Too bad dnssec aren't available for free account else i would use it more. Now just being idle unused legacy account due to lack of dnssec.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • OwnTNOwnTN Member, Patron Provider

Mailgun is working well for us! I feel it is quite similar to MXRoute.

• @loay said:
    Google Drive 2TB plan costs around 22$ per year for me.

How can I purchase it for $22 per year?

• saf31saf31 Member
    edited October 2023

Keepsolid vpn. Bought a lifetime subscription maybe three years back, working perfectly till now.
    One free service that I frequently use is quad9 dns. Whenever I set up any router for friends or family I set Quad9 as dns server.

• Oracle Cloud , i have 2 account with 2 different cc that cost around 25$ yearly fees for 2 beefy arm machine
    Keepsolid VPN. Bought it before it dissapear from StackSocial. Its have good Geo bypass , decent speed , profile credential. I use it and share my friend to watch some Linux ISO
    IvacyVPN. Bought it from recommend of @Ympker since it have port forward. Took me a while to set the port forward work, use it for torrent in exhaust some vps bandwidth instead of let it idle
    @MikePT LTD Shared Hosting. Using it to host static site and static asset behind cloudflare, mail relay

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @rcy026 said:

@D9Dan said:

• Ezeelogin - allows you to manage multiple servers from a single jump server. Cheap as chips and a massive time saver.

Great software but their licensing model is a bit crap. I have over 3000 devices I ssh to, paying per device makes it unusable for me.

Email their sales team and mark it for the attention of Bach or Sunjith, they will be able to do you a much better deal on the per device pricing.

• @dev077 said:

@loay said:
    Google Drive 2TB plan costs around 22$ per year for me.

How can I purchase it for $22 per year?

Create a new payment profile at payments.google.com, and make sure you set Country/Region as something like Turkey. Doesn't have to match your account's country. I think I needed a VPN for this, but I don't know if that's necessary or not. Payment may eventually get blocked (it did happen for me), but IIRC, they don't take away what you have purchased already, and you can just delete the profile and add it again. Bit dodgy, but it worked. It currently costs 290 Turkish Lira (10.41 USD) for 2TB/year.

• @cupcake said:
    Anonaddy. Now rebranded to addy.io.

Also windscribe vpn.

addy.io is alternate to simplelogin.io?

• @JerryHou said:

@cupcake said:

Also windscribe vpn.

Yeah, they're almost similar in terms of what they provide. If you're looking for barebone features only, I recommend addy. Simplelogin has more feature sets, but I find myself not using those. Alias alone is good enough for me.
    Shorter emails available for addy.io (@addy.io VS .@simplelogin.tld)
    Independent, not under Proton (This is kind of conspiracy area, but if that matters for you)
    Occasionally does sales
    Cheaper plan with limits available

Thanked by 1JerryHou
  • Windscribe Lifetime Pro from 2018, best deal I ever made.

• bermudibermudi Member
    edited October 2023

@Cabbage said: Simplelogin has more feature sets, but I find myself not using those. Alias alone is good enough for me.

like what? I was pretty sure addy.io did everything SL does and more (like the rules for example), specially after the rebranding/changes to control panel.

I got SL and wondering if next year I go back to addy.io

• nextdns

• @bermudi said:

@Cabbage said: Simplelogin has more feature sets, but I find myself not using those. Alias alone is good enough for me.

like what? I was pretty sure addy.io did everything SL does and more (like the rules for example), specially after the rebranding/changes to control panel.

I got SL and wondering if next year I go back to addy.io

I was originally thinking of the directory feature, but come to think of it, this is basically username feature in addy.io.

• @Cabbage said:

@JerryHou said:

@cupcake said:

Also windscribe vpn.

Yeah, they're almost similar in terms of what they provide. If you're looking for barebone features only, I recommend addy. Simplelogin has more feature sets, but I find myself not using those. Alias alone is good enough for me.
    Shorter emails available for addy.io (@addy.io VS .@simplelogin.tld)
    Independent, not under Proton (This is kind of conspiracy area, but if that matters for you)
    Occasionally does sales
    Cheaper plan with limits available

Good explanation, currently I am using simplelogin, quite good. :)