Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your favourite super cheap services that just work, like MXRoute for example? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are your favourite super cheap services that just work, like MXRoute for example?

Comments

• boringHustlerboringHustler Member, Host Rep

@jar said:

@boringHustler said: "Cold Email" is the term that defines B2B outreach, and when people attempt to do B2C it's spam.

• Scrapes a list of email addresses of employees from website
    • Sends all of them an automated email advertising their product
    • Sends a follow-up a week later asking "why haven't I heard from you?"
    • Says it isn't spam because it's "B2B"

:lol:

Sorry @vitobotta didn't mean to hijack your thread lol

Depends on how targeted the list is ;)
    Plus if someone really sends email to all the employees of an Organization, they are not going to make a sale, that's for sure. :D

Thanked by 1homelabber
  • @boringHustler said:

@jar said:

@vitobotta said: They use MXRoute for non transactional email or did I misunderstand?

Marketing and marketing adjacent services. Most specifically, "cold email" which is a turn of phrase meant to sound better than "unsolicited marketing email" (because it's impossible to argue that unsolicited marketing email isn't spam).

Just a small correction.
    "Cold Email" is the term that defines B2B outreach, and when people attempt to do B2C it's spam.
    But as most folks (on both side of spectrum Cold Emailers and Email Service providers) keep confusing one with other, guns are drawn immediately.

Allow me to elaborate with an example.
    You want to know more about service of MXRoute, but you are not a customer.
    So, what do you do for that?
    You drop them an email at their business email address (you had no contact or legal interactions with before) and that's a "Cold Email" too.

However, when people do same thing to a personal email address, it's infringement of privacy and other relevant laws.

Ironically, all the big companies in the world do "Cold Email" and many of them do B2C outreach as well "Spam".
    It's just the way world works, "Everyone wants to sell, but no one wants to get sold".

As someone who has just started getting a load of "B2B outreach emails" recently, you really are talking a load of balls.

For a start, in your example the email I, as potential customer of MX route, would not be cold emailing them, unless you have a very twisted definition of it.

If we assume that cold emailing has a similar definition of cold caling, which it does, it is contacting people who have never expressed an interest in your service or product (i.e. spam). If MX route provide an email adress for me to contact them on regarding sales, they are soliciting for business. ie. they expect sales enquiries and I may be interested in buying their service, not selling them some random rubbish.

Also, you say that it's different than targeting personal email addresses. That's not always the case, for example in the UK if you send unsolicited B2B communications to emails belonging to sole traders or certain types of partnerships then they are treated as if you sent them to a personal address and are covered under the regulations set out in the 2003 PECR legislation. I fit into this category on the address that has just started recieving B2B spam. Also, if your work email is identifiable, e.g firstname.lastname@ you have rights under the data protection act. I also fit into this category.

No matter what terms you use to justify your businesses existance and who emails are targeting, B2B outreach, cold emailing. It's unsolicited. It's spam. Pure and simple. Your service facilitates it and you should be ashamed of that.

Anyway back on topic, as well as MX Route, and Bitwarden. Hetzer Storage share has always worked really well for me. I got fed up maintaining my own nextcloud instance and the hetzner service has filled the gap perfectly for me.

Authy has been excellent for 2FA and the fact they have a desktop app is a bonus.

I've had the free version of Google Workspace for personal use since it came out and it's been practically flawless too.

Thanked by 2jar ZA_capetown
  • @c1vhosting said: I'm crying

Take it as critical feedback that you kinda need to act upon.

• zGatozGato Member
    edited October 2023

@kait said:

@c1vhosting said: I'm crying

Take it as critical feedback that you kinda need to act upon.

Apart from initial downtime (due to some issues on their router) only 2 outages, both notified by mail.

Don't see it like a service that is "constantly down", but good/fair enough for the price :)

• kaitkait Member
    edited October 2023

@zGato said: Don't see like a service that is "constantly down", and good for the price

I've read their trustpilot, and heard stuff, sounds super much like a summerhost or a basement provider, but I have 0 experience with them.

Would just be nice if they would fix those issues so their negative name would go away, because its one of the handful of Italian providers that do BGP and other nice stuff.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • @jar said: Most specifically, "cold email"

It's funny the terms they can come up these days to make spam sound less bad. It's not a cold email service, it's a spam service. Might as well own it.

• @kait said:

@zGato said: Don't see like a service that is "constantly down", and good for the price

I've read their trustpilot, and heard stuff, sounds super much like a summerhost or a basement provider, but I have 0 experience with them.

Would just be nice if they would fix those issues so their negative name would go away, because its one of the handful of Italian providers that do BGP and other nice stuff.

They have their own ASN with their own IP blocks. Their domain & ASN is from 2020.
    Doesn't provide photos of their "DC" (as I assume it's a basement)

Yet, they try to push yearly deals instead of monthly, but can quite assume it's for fees purposes, though you may ask them to do monthly payments for a bit more to cover fees and perhaps they agree.

They seem sketchy in a lot of ways, I totally get it, still, I'm not going to cry for my few € lost.

Thanked by 1sh97
    edited October 2023

@Envida said:

@boringHustler said:

@jar said:

@vitobotta said: They use MXRoute for non transactional email or did I misunderstand?

Marketing and marketing adjacent services. Most specifically, "cold email" which is a turn of phrase meant to sound better than "unsolicited marketing email" (because it's impossible to argue that unsolicited marketing email isn't spam).

Just a small correction.
    "Cold Email" is the term that defines B2B outreach, and when people attempt to do B2C it's spam.
    But as most folks (on both side of spectrum Cold Emailers and Email Service providers) keep confusing one with other, guns are drawn immediately.

You drop them an email at their business email address (you had no contact or legal interactions with before) and that's a "Cold Email" too.

However, when people do same thing to a personal email address, it's infringement of privacy and other relevant laws.

Ironically, all the big companies in the world do "Cold Email" and many of them do B2C outreach as well "Spam".
    It's just the way world works, "Everyone wants to sell, but no one wants to get sold".

As someone who has just started getting a load of "B2B outreach emails" recently, you really are talking a load of balls.

For a start, in your example the email I, as potential customer of MX route, would not be cold emailing them, unless you have a very twisted definition of it.

If we assume that cold emailing has a similar definition of cold caling, which it does, it is contacting people who have never expressed an interest in your service or product (i.e. spam). If MX route provide an email adress for me to contact them on regarding sales, they are soliciting for business. ie. they expect sales enquiries and I may be interested in buying their service, not selling them some random rubbish.

Wait till you start feeling you need to send one. That Analogy will change fast.
    We have seen that multiple times now. Heck, we have people onboard doing Cold Emails, who claim in all public places Cold Emails are bad.

We built Mystrika because people won't stop sending or attempting to send Cold Emails via our service Mutant Mail (and keep getting banned).
    At that point we realized, people will not stop shooting whether you want or not, and if you don't make tools for it, someone else will.
    So, now when people attempt something they don't like, we just send them to corresponding tool.

And hey, we are the neutral party. Mystrika doesn't send any emails by it's own infrastructure. ;)

You are free to sue the domain holder which you are having issues with.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited October 2023

@boringHustler said:

@jar said:

Just a small correction.

Funny. So spamming businesses is not spam according to your funny definition.

But then, using terms like "B2C outreach" when talking about spamming people tells me more than enough - about you and/or your operation.

@jar The fact that you have a clear and hard attitude re. that "B2C outreach" operation is a BIG PLUS in my books.

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited October 2023

@boringHustler said:

@jar said:

Just a small correction.

The reason you don't do B2C cold email is that the pricing and scale don't work.

In the United States, all cold email is legal as long as you provide a method to unsubscribe.

You can't force someone to receive your messages, but you can attempt it without them specifically asking for it.

With B2B, if you email 1,000 people, book 50 calls, and close 5 deals for $50,000, that gives you plenty of wiggle room.

With B2C, if you're selling a product for like $10 and emailing 1,000 people, you can't afford the time and labor of transitioning to a better sales medium like over the phone.

You can only afford email -> sales page.

Realistically you could only expect like a 1% click rate from the email to the sales page at best, and then another 1-5% conversion rate from the people that actually view the sales page -- with good copy.

Plus, your profit margins are razor-thin. The raw costs of sending emails alone will eat away at your profit margins before time is even considered.

TLDR: B2C cold emailing just straight up doesn't make sense. That's why people don't do it, not 'cause it's illegal.

• nocloudnocloud Member
    edited October 2023
    • Jellyfin in Docker. The close to perfect free media server.
    • Navidrome in Docker. Free Music / Audio media server.
    • Adguard Home.
    • Homeassistant. (not so perfect but the best there is and free)
    • TrueNAS scale. (almost perfect NAS Homeserver linux with plug and play Kubernetes )
    • MXroute (rock solid)
    • ST-Hosting (German efficiency and helpful)
    • iDrive (pay as you go - dirt cheap customisable and rock solid for small users)
    • Oracle Free tier (really can't complain for the price)
    • Debian 12 (say no more)
  • @Envida said:
    Authy has been excellent for 2FA and the fact they have a desktop app is a bonus.

I've had the free version of Google Workspace for personal use since it came out and it's been practically flawless too.

I agree with both of these.
    Authy is awesome and Google Workspace gives good value even if you pay for it.

• Ezeelogin - allows you to manage multiple servers from a single jump server. Cheap as chips and a massive time saver.
    Thanked by 1farsighter
  • @jmaxwell said:
    RealDebrid
    UI is some prehistoric shit but it works

Do Indian content gets cached?

• My super cheap Kimsufi KS-LE-1 is THE DEAL of past year. For 19 euros with WAT I can run multiple VMs on dedicated resources.

Thanked by 1MrLime
  • @dosai said:

@jmaxwell said:
    RealDebrid

Most of the popular and recent content are. I don’t see a lot of Indian content tbh. Do you have something on mind that I can check?

Anyway since they added Mumbai servers, streaming is an absolute joy from India.

• @jmaxwell said:

@dosai said:

@jmaxwell said:
    RealDebrid

Most of the popular and recent content are. I don’t see a lot of Indian content tbh. Do you have something on mind that I can check?

Anyway since they added Mumbai servers, streaming is an absolute joy from India.

That's great.

• For none spam service,it is very very easy,buy a vps with ptr ip that will do. There are scripts to run,all done in 10 mins.

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited October 2023
    • Bitwarden for password management ($10 annually)
    • PurelyMail, an MXRoute alternative ($10 annually)
    • Bunny.net, i love their new dashboard (At least $1 monthly)
    • Pixlr, for simple design ($12 Annually for Plus plan)
    Thanked by 2anzepintar vikram
  • @D9Dan said:

• Ezeelogin - allows you to manage multiple servers from a single jump server. Cheap as chips and a massive time saver.

Great software but their licensing model is a bit crap. I have over 3000 devices I ssh to, paying per device makes it unusable for me.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @febryanvaldo said:

• Bitwarden for password management ($10 annually)
    • PurelyMail, an MXRoute alternative ($10 annually)
    • Bunny.net, i love their new dashboard (At least $1 monthly)
    • Pixlr, for simple design ($12 Annually for Plus plan)

https://www.photopea.com/

Thanked by 2febryanvaldo kkrajk

This one is a genius.
    Not because of it's image editor.
    But because you can export images (with layers) in canva as PDF, and then PhotoPea converts those PDF into PSD that you can touch up in Adobe Photoshop. ;)

• @boringHustler said:

This one is a genius.
    Not because of it's image editor.
    But because you can export images (with layers) in canva as PDF, and then PhotoPea converts those PDF into PSD that you can touch up in Adobe Photoshop. ;)

Yes. Its very handy.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2023

@pwned said: Oracle free tier is the big one.

How I wish I were accepted there...

Other than that I use freedns.afraid.org for hundreds of AAAA records with dynamic (and otherwise) IPs. I've been using it for at least a decade and a half. It did have some downtime so it is not really suitable for production, but it simply works for my needs.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • racknerd.

• Enpass + 12€/y liteserver VPS + windscribe 10$/y lifetime

• visualping.io
    • namecheap dns
    • pagertree
    • webshare.io
    • ide.goorm.io
    • deepnote.com
    • mxtoolbox
    • purelymail

most are free, even :D

Thanked by 2MrLime JerryHou
  • @sreekanth850 said: PurelyMail, an MXRoute alternative ($10 annually)

Service is run by @jar 's cousins. :)

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

BuyShared, 24$ p/y reseller hosting for personal use

Thanked by 1bermudi
  • ihostart