Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dedipath servers down ? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dedipath servers down ?

Comments

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

@kt said:
    For those seeking alternatives (colo/dedi), you may wish to opt for providers in significantly better facilities. Eg. Purevoltage in Telehouse for NYC.

Thanks for the mention. We would be happy to see how we can help if anyone needs.

• @PureVoltage said:

@kt said:
    For those seeking alternatives (colo/dedi), you may wish to opt for providers in significantly better facilities. Eg. Purevoltage in Telehouse for NYC.

Thanks for the mention. We would be happy to see how we can help if anyone needs.

Uhh, just so you know, none of the Looking Glass links or test server IPs work for any of the data centers listed on your site.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@1gservers said:
    Happy to offer anyone looking to migrate their dedicated server a deal. PM me for a quote!

Ditto, we have a major presence in both NY/NJ and Los Angeles with instant setup configurations.

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • No news?

• @kt said:

Ah yes, singlehomed Hurricane is definitely a valid replacement for Internap transit, good one. Dedicated.com is in the same facility with basically the same blend provided you request INAP blend as opposed to GSL. There's also @RoyaleHosting in NY C with a moderately improved network compared to stock GSL.

Thanked by 1RoyaleHosting

@fluffernutter said:

@kt said:

Ah yes, singlehomed Hurricane is definitely a valid replacement for Internap transit, good one.

Not so sure where you get this from, we are not at all single homed. Please do some proper research before spreading lies. :wink:

• SparkedPaulSparkedPaul Member, Patron Provider

Shipped them a 1U Ryzen server this past Friday, it got there Monday, submitted my usualy remote hands ticket yesterday morning and they told me that remote hands is on hold

• @PureVoltage said:

@fluffernutter said:

@kt said:

Ah yes, singlehomed Hurricane is definitely a valid replacement for Internap transit, good one.

Not so sure where you get this from, we are not at all single homed. Please do some proper research before spreading lies. :wink:

You have 3 carriers listed under your ASN. One is Wowrack (AS23033), one is RCN (AS6079) and one is Hurricane (AS6939). Anyone can verify this by visiting https://bgp.tools/as/26548. You're singlehomed to Wowrack in Seattle. It does appear that you have multiple carriers in NY. I was going off of the subnet your looking glass is hosted on, which is singlehomed to HE. It looks like the /23 your NY test IP is on is multihomed to HE and RCN. Your 104 prefix is no longer routable so I'm assuming you shut down those locations (Dallas and Chicago).

Regardless, HE and RCN aren't close to the quality of bandwidth that Internap/Unitas provides, and it would be a massive disservice to recommend you to anyone if they're looking for a quality network and are coming from Dedipath, who uses both Unitas and Path in their mix. You can compare general connectivity between your prefixes here: PV Dedipath

I'm sorry for saying you were singlehomed in NY, since you appear to have some prefixes that are multi homed. It doesn't really change my general opinion of your network too much, though.

I didn't really feel like starting a fight, just saying that the needs of a user who requires a quality network might not be met by you. If someone is just looking for cheap rackspace and is bringing their own network, or if they don't care about the blend, then I'm sure you're perfectly fine for the budget conscious. That's why I recommended providers operating on higher quality networks, etc.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@fluffernutter said: HE and RCN aren't close to the quality of bandwidth that Internap/Unitas provides,

Pretty hard to push packets over your link if your DC cuts the link though. :)

Good luck to people, but if people wanted my opinion, these providers will provide you safe harbor:

• Reliablesite - Radic's awesome, extremely helpful and gives great hospitality.
    • QuickPacket - Jeff's awesome and in all my years of business with him has given me no drama what so ever.
    • PureVoltage - Jake's great, solid deals, covers markets the other two don't.

At the very least people should have their backups in order. It'd be great if Dedipath came out and gave an update, but if Ernie's gone I dunno...

To be honest I always thought Ernie was the owner, but maybe he was just their top sales guy.

Francisco

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2023

Reason for Outage
    Date: July 31, 2023

Summary:
    This document serves as the Reason for Outage (RFO) to provide a comprehensive explanation of the network interruption that occurred on July 28th, 2023. The purpose of this RFO is to outline the root cause, impact, actions taken for resolution, and preventative measures to avoid similar incidents in the future.

Incident Overview:
    On July 28th, 2023, at approx. 6PM EST a network interruption was experienced in San Jose, Redondo Beach, and Secaucus. This interruption resulted in a partial or complete loss of network connectivity and services for affected services. The incident was resolved at on July 28th, 2023 approx. 8:25PM with the exception of customers that were affected by a switch failure in Secaucus.

Root Cause Analysis:
    After a thorough investigation, the root cause of the network interruption has been identified as follows:

Issue with common upstream provider we have in all three locations.

An unrelated switch failure that occurred in Secaucus, which affected a small portion of customer in New Jersey.

Impact:
    The network interruption had the following significant impact:

Downtime: Affected systems experienced a loss of connectivity, leading to disruptions in services.

Actions Taken:
    Upon identifying the root cause, the following actions were taken to resolve the network interruption:

Immediate Notification to Upstream Provider: The network team promptly contacted upstream providers to resolve the upstream issue.

Testing and Verification: After the upstream provider implemented the fix, DediPath performed thorough testing and verification were performed to ensure the stability and functionality of the network.

Since the incident was resolved we have opened discussions with other providers to prevent this situation from occurring again.

Conclusion:
    The network interruption experienced on July 28th was a significant incident that impacted the organization and its users. Through a comprehensive root cause analysis and implementation of preventative measures, we aim to strengthen the network's resilience and provide a more robust and reliable service to our customers. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and remain committed to continually improving our network infrastructure.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at [email protected]

Sincerely,

DediPath

This was the RFO I got

@Francisco said:

@fluffernutter said: HE and RCN aren't close to the quality of bandwidth that Internap/Unitas provides,

Good luck to people, but if people wanted my opinion, these providers will provide you safe harbor:

• Reliablesite - Radic's awesome, extremely helpful and gives great hospitality.
    • QuickPacket - Jeff's awesome and in all my years of business with him has given me no drama what so ever.

At the very least people should have their backups in order. It'd be great if Dedipath came out and gave an update, but if Ernie's gone I dunno...

To be honest I always thought Ernie was the owner, but maybe he was just their top sales guy.

Francisco

he told me he was one of the owners in like May 2022

• malignifymalignify Member
    edited August 2023

@SparkedPaul said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

he told me he was one of the owners in like May 2022

https://theorg.com/org/dedipath/org-chart/mark-jiannino .. not updated maybe.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@Advin said:

Reason for Outage
    Date: July 31, 2023

Summary:
    This document serves as the Reason for Outage (RFO) to provide a comprehensive explanation of the network interruption that occurred on July 28th, 2023. The purpose of this RFO is to outline the root cause, impact, actions taken for resolution, and preventative measures to avoid similar incidents in the future.

Incident Overview:
    On July 28th, 2023, at approx. 6PM EST a network interruption was experienced in San Jose, Redondo Beach, and Secaucus. This interruption resulted in a partial or complete loss of network connectivity and services for affected services. The incident was resolved at on July 28th, 2023 approx. 8:25PM with the exception of customers that were affected by a switch failure in Secaucus.

Root Cause Analysis:
    After a thorough investigation, the root cause of the network interruption has been identified as follows:

Issue with common upstream provider we have in all three locations.

An unrelated switch failure that occurred in Secaucus, which affected a small portion of customer in New Jersey.

Impact:
    The network interruption had the following significant impact:

Downtime: Affected systems experienced a loss of connectivity, leading to disruptions in services.

Actions Taken:
    Upon identifying the root cause, the following actions were taken to resolve the network interruption:

Immediate Notification to Upstream Provider: The network team promptly contacted upstream providers to resolve the upstream issue.

Testing and Verification: After the upstream provider implemented the fix, DediPath performed thorough testing and verification were performed to ensure the stability and functionality of the network.

Since the incident was resolved we have opened discussions with other providers to prevent this situation from occurring again.

Conclusion:
    The network interruption experienced on July 28th was a significant incident that impacted the organization and its users. Through a comprehensive root cause analysis and implementation of preventative measures, we aim to strengthen the network's resilience and provide a more robust and reliable service to our customers. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and remain committed to continually improving our network infrastructure.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at [email protected]

Sincerely,

DediPath

This was the RFO I got

And does it really tells anything ?

Thanked by 1MikeA

They finally did my remote hand request in LA but seems to maybe indicate that the DC did it instead of Jaden D who usually did it

• So did it turn out that theres no drama after all?

• @JoeMerit said:
    So did it turn out that theres no drama after all?

The most important part is that @Ernie the CTO seems to have left DediPath.

WebHostingTalk is also scrubbing and censoring the DediPath brand and conversations around it. Plus, a couple of lost customers like ReadyDedi and EthernetServers.

• @SirFoxy said:

@JoeMerit said:

WebHostingTalk is also scrubbing and censoring the DediPath brand and conversations around it. Plus, a couple of lost customers like ReadyDedi and EthernetServers.

Why would WHT scrub dedipath though? Non-payment of subscription?

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited August 2023

@AlyssaD said:

@SirFoxy said:

@JoeMerit said:

No idea, but they are:

• chipchip Member

@AlyssaD said:

@SirFoxy said:

@JoeMerit said:

I have no idea but you can search dedipath and the search term shows the results but when you click on the post anywhere their should be dedipath is ****

• I've been using (and still am) dedipath for a while, and really liked working with @Ernie

Sad to see him go. Hopefully that won't be the end of dedipath. Time will tell.

@AlyssaD said:

@SirFoxy said:

@JoeMerit said:

They will not say exactly why they are scrubbing them but they replied to my posting on there with "It can be multiple rules violations, defrauding WHT member(s), or accounting issues. (Or a combination of those). Whichever it is, censorship is a last resort and is only implemented after all other possible solutions have been exhausted."

So accounting issues could be that they didn't pay their bills for sticky threads and advertising. And stiffed them on the bills there I am not sure if this was the case or not never paid much attention to them. Or it could be some other type of issue or combo of them. My guess is more of a combo.

• @PureVoltage said:

@AlyssaD said:

@SirFoxy said:

@JoeMerit said:

They will not say exactly why they are scrubbing them but they replied to my posting on there with "It can be multiple rules violations, defrauding WHT member(s), or accounting issues. (Or a combination of those). Whichever it is, censorship is a last resort and is only implemented after all other possible solutions have been exhausted."

So accounting issues could be that they didn't pay their bills for sticky threads and advertising. And stiffed them on the bills there I am not sure if this was the case or not never paid much attention to them. Or it could be some other type of issue or combo of them. My guess is more of a combo.

Honestly, I was thinking similar. Lack of payment thus causing them to "scrub" the name from all entries for non-payment.

Which could be a pretty bad omen, or just lack of payment because Ernie left and everything is still trying to be moved over to a new person and they failed to pay.

Looking at the WHT threads they are being started / created by Ernie's account so it could be that when he left he killed his company credit card.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@AlyssaD said: Honestly, I was thinking similar. Lack of payment thus causing them to "scrub" the name from all entries for non-payment.

Cancelling your membership wouldn't do that. Now, placing chargebacks against previous payments probably would. That'd be defrauding WHT itself.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@AlyssaD said: Honestly, I was thinking similar. Lack of payment thus causing them to "scrub" the name from all entries for non-payment.

Cancelling your membership wouldn't do that. Now, placing chargebacks against previous payments probably would. That'd be defrauding WHT itself.

Francisco

Yeah, still kinda in limbo mode.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@AlyssaD said: Why would WHT scrub dedipath though?

Well, they censored me, so...

Can't believe we're already at page five and no one has made the obvious joke:

Is DediPath DediPool?

Thanked by 1Calin
  • Looks like they emailed current/former customers a link to a survey today! they want to improve and want input!

"How many servers do you have online outside of DediPath? Please provide the number of servers and their location. (Example: Frankfurt, GA - 350 servers)"

That's quite an example.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@JoeMerit said:
    Looks like they emailed current/former customers a link to a survey today! they want to improve and want input!

Received 3.

Must be some really exciting changes :smiley:

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@DP said:

@JoeMerit said:
    Looks like they emailed current/former customers a link to a survey today! they want to improve and want input!

Received 3.

Must be some really exciting changes :smiley:

Damage control but will take a while for customers to regain trust.