Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ If your VPS provider is cheating you, what will you do? - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

If your VPS provider is cheating you, what will you do?

1235ยป

Comments

• emgemg Veteran
    edited June 2023

I read the entire thread. @jlet88 has done an excellent job expressing what I was going to say.

I agree that @Vikasverma has been dishonest with us and themselves as well. As jlet88 already stated, Vikasverma owes @speedypage and its staff a sincere apology. I hope Vikasverma understands their actions here and how their posts have exposed their own hypocrisy.

Also stated by jlet88's posts was the suggestion that the title of the thread should have been something like: "Is $50 reasonable for a 16 GB RAM VPS Upgrade?"

After reading this thread and especially Vikasverma's posts in it, I think the thread title should be:

"Is a LowEndTalk Member Using LowEndTalk to Coerce a Provider with Unreasonable Upgrade Pricing Demands?"

Yeah, I almost wrote "Cheat" or "Extort" rather than "Coerce".

LowEndTalk Newbies, Please Read:
    This type of thread is very unusual on LowEndTalk ... NOT!

(Edit: Fixed really dumb typo!).

• VikasvermaVikasverma Member
    edited June 2023

@emg said:
    I read the entire thread. @jlet88 has done an excellent job expressing what I was going to say.

I agree that @Vikasverma has been dishonest with us and themselves as well. As jlet88 already stated, Vikasverma owes @speedypage and its staff a sincere apology. I hope Vikasverma understands their actions here and how their posts have exposed their own hypocrisy.

Also stated by jlet88's posts was the suggestion that the title of the thread should have been something like: "Is $50 reasonable for a 16 GB RAM VPS Upgrade?"

After reading this thread and especially Vikasverma's posts in it, I think the thread title should be:

"Is a LowEndTalk Member Using LowEndTalk to Coerce a Provider with Unreasonable Upgrade Pricing Demands?"

Yeah, I almost wrote "Cheat" or "Extort" rather than "Coerce".

LowEndTalk Newbies, Please Read:
    This type of thread is very usual on LowEndTalk ... NOT!

Hahaha,
    *where is host in the title?
    *Why didn't the host inform me that the upgrade also includes an uplink upgrade to 10 Gbps? even they didn't mention the uplink change in the reference comment on this post yesterday.

• emgemg Veteran
    edited June 2023

@Vikasverma said:

Hahaha,
    *Why didn't the host inform me that the upgrade also includes an uplink upgrade to 10 Gbps? even they did mention the uplink change in the reference comment on this post yesterday.

Still focused on the tree. Missed the forest. :-(

(Edit: Added sad face. Apparently @Vikasverma is untrainable.)

Thanked by 1jlet88
  • @emg said:

@Vikasverma said:

Hahaha,
    *Why didn't the host inform me that the upgrade also includes an uplink upgrade to 10 Gbps? even they did mention the uplink change in the reference comment on this post yesterday.

Still focused on the tree. Missed the forest. :-(

(Edit: Added sad face. Apparently @Vikasverma is untrainable.)

Why do I focus on the forest where a single tree is not green? ๐Ÿ˜ž

( Edit: Added disappointed face. Apparently, @emg is biased toward to host)

• emgemg Veteran

@Vikasverma said:

Because your original question was long ago asked and answered. What has not been acknowledged is the attempt to discredit the provider and how an apology would be appropriate. You make your own decisions and write your own posts. So far, you could be making better ones - on both.

You are right about one thing: In this thread I am biased towards the host, who has acted and responded in an reasonable and honorable manner. Read the thread above and ask whether the same can be said for your posts. Sorry, but I will not continue to engage with you on this. Learn or not; your decision, your choice.

• @Vikasverma said:
    A few months ago, I purchased a Performance Plus VPS from a VPS provider with a Ryzen 7950X CPU and 16TB bandwidth for around $21. Now, I want to upgrade my VPS with 16GB RAM, and they are asking me to pay $50 with the same bandwidth. What do you think, is this fair?

yupp this is fair because you agreed to a deal, not to an upgrade, they can charge you whatever they want for "extras"

• these 5 pages kills 5 braincells. what do they call for staying in a relationship after discovering getting cheated on, cucked?

@emg said:

@Vikasverma said:

Because your original question was long ago asked and answered. What has not been acknowledged is the attempt to discredit the provider and how an apology would be appropriate. You make your own decisions and write your own posts. So far, you could be making better ones - on both.

You are right about one thing: In this thread I am biased towards the host, who has acted and responded in an reasonable and honorable manner. Read the thread above and ask whether the same can be said for your posts. Sorry, but I will not continue to engage with you on this. Learn or not; your decision, your choice.

this is a great summary of OP's questions. kind of waste however, your stuff has to went trough googley translate again so i can pretend i dont understand your answers :^)

• @Vikasverma if you still have any pride left at this moment, terminate the VPS immediately.

• we should have an ai that summarizes the whole thread on request

• emghemgh Member

@Otus9051 said:
    we should have an ai that summarizes the whole thread on request

No

• VoidVoid Member

@Otus9051 said:

I tried that, see the meme on Page 1

• @Vikasverma said:

@plumberg said:

OP: cheating is a very strong word to use where the provider is simply saying this is their best offer.
    Generally speaking, recurrent discounts apply to only the sevice you ordered at a certain time. Plus threatening the provider staff to make such info public is also not earning you any brownie points.

• more popkorn drama

At this point I would request @speedypage to refund OP on the remainder of his current service and bid him adieu. You can afford one less client....

• more popkorn drama

My vps have active clients ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. And I'm happy with current offer , I'm just worried about future upgrade.

Vikas verma from wpon and this vikas verma is same? Just out of couriosity.

• dosaidosai Member
    edited June 2023

@Otus9051 said:

Sure. The discussion you linked is about a user who is unhappy with the pricing of their VPS provider. The user purchased a Performance Plus VPS with a Ryzen 7950X CPU and 16TB bandwidth for around $21. Now, they want to upgrade their VPS with 16GB RAM, and the provider is asking them to pay $50 with the same bandwidth. The user believes that this is unfair, as the price of RAM has not increased significantly in recent years.

The provider has responded to the user's complaint, stating that the user is requesting a custom deal, which is not eligible for the same promotional pricing as the user's original plan. The provider also states that the user was already given extra bandwidth for free, 4TB per month, and that the pricing received for a 7950X 16GB RAM server is very competitive.

The user has not yet responded to the provider's response.

Here are some of the things that the user could do if they are unhappy with the pricing of their VPS provider:

Contact the provider again and try to negotiate a better price.
    Switch to a different VPS provider.
    Complain to the Better Business Bureau or another consumer protection agency.
    Ultimately, the decision of what to do is up to the user. However, it is important to be aware of their options and to take steps to protect themselves from being taken advantage of.

Thanked by 1Vikasverma
  • Everything solved.

@sreekanth850 said:

@Vikasverma said:

@plumberg said:

OP: cheating is a very strong word to use where the provider is simply saying this is their best offer.
    Generally speaking, recurrent discounts apply to only the sevice you ordered at a certain time. Plus threatening the provider staff to make such info public is also not earning you any brownie points.

• more popkorn drama

At this point I would request @speedypage to refund OP on the remainder of his current service and bid him adieu. You can afford one less client....

• more popkorn drama

My vps have active clients ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. And I'm happy with current offer , I'm just worried about future upgrade.

Vikas verma from wpon and this vikas verma is same? Just out of couriosity.

Definitely Not!

@dosai said:

@Otus9051 said:

Sure. The discussion you linked is about a user who is unhappy with the pricing of their VPS provider. The user purchased a Performance Plus VPS with a Ryzen 7950X CPU and 16TB bandwidth for around $21. Now, they want to upgrade their VPS with 16GB RAM, and the provider is asking them to pay $50 with the same bandwidth. The user believes that this is unfair, as the price of RAM has not increased significantly in recent years.

The provider has responded to the user's complaint, stating that the user is requesting a custom deal, which is not eligible for the same promotional pricing as the user's original plan. The provider also states that the user was already given extra bandwidth for free, 4TB per month, and that the pricing received for a 7950X 16GB RAM server is very competitive.

The user has not yet responded to the provider's response.

Here are some of the things that the user could do if they are unhappy with the pricing of their VPS provider:

Contact the provider again and try to negotiate a better price.
    Switch to a different VPS provider.
    Complain to the Better Business Bureau or another consumer protection agency.
    Ultimately, the decision of what to do is up to the user. However, it is important to be aware of their options and to take steps to protect themselves from being taken advantage of.

Missed Some points but still Okey!

Now everything is fine between me and SpeedyPage. So, there's no need for any more drama at all.

• dosaidosai Member

@Vikasverma said:
    Everything solved.

Now everything is fine between me and SpeedyPage. So, there's no need for any more drama at all.

• @dosai said:

@Vikasverma said:
    Everything solved.

• swat4swat4 Member
    edited June 2023

Obviously I am very late finding this thread.

Enjoying my vacation overseas, the OP has definitely added flavours to my dinner and beer.

Cheers @Vikasverma