Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If your VPS provider is cheating you, what will you do?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A few months ago, I purchased a Performance Plus VPS from a VPS provider with a Ryzen 7950X CPU and 16TB bandwidth for around $21. Now, I want to upgrade my VPS with 16GB RAM, and they are asking me to pay $50 with the same bandwidth. What do you think, is this fair?

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Create a discussion on LowEndTalk.

• Does the original offer is promotional?

• What specification did you get for $21?

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

Providers need to adjust their pricing sometimes. I wouldn't call that cheating. I'd be more outraged if the pricing on a current contract were changing but that too is necessary sometimes.

Thanked by 1khalequzzaman
  • @hyena56 said:
    Does the original offer is promotional?

Yes i get 2 doller discount and 4tb bandwidth increase.

• speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2023

The user is referencing SpeedyPage in this post, he threatened in a live chat that he would post this so just wanted to give some background.

The user requested a 16GB RAM plan, which is higher than our normal plans and is considered a custom deal. Due to this, the 10% off promotion that the user had did not apply. The user was also unhappy that we didn't increase their bandwidth, but doubled their price.

The part missing is that the user was already given extra bandwidth for free, 4TB per month and that the pricing received for a 7950X 16GB RAM server is very competitive, likely better than any other provider in the same location is providing. The user continually berated the live chat staff, saying it was unfair and that we are cheating him.

I think we were very fair, competitive and went above and beyond for the user - but I will leave that to the LET community to decide.

• @anubhavhirani said:
    What specification did you get for $21?

8Gb Ram DDR5
    4Core Ryzen 7950x cpu
    120Gb NVMe gen 4 SSD
    16Tb bandwidth
    1000mb/s connection

NOW THEY OFFERING ME IN 50$ FOLLOW SPECS
    16GB Ram DDR5
    6Core
    220Gb SSD
    16tb Bandwidth
    1000mb/s connection

• How is the provider cheating you? They didn't increase the price of your current plan, scam you, or any other sleazy thing.

You got a deal on a fixed setup. Now you want to break the terms of that promotion by asking for an upgrade.

If you truly believe the provider is cheating you, just go somewhere else. Why stay with a company you feel hostile with?

• Seems fair. Promotion deal doesn't apply to the new plan as it was specific for the old plan, you're also getting nearly double the storage with two more cores and twice the RAM

I don't see a problem

Thanked by 2commercial sliix
  • @speedypage said:
    The user is referencing SpeedyPage in this post, he threatened in a live chat that he would post this so just wanted to give some background.

The user requested a 16GB RAM plan, which is higher than our normal plans and is considered a custom deal. Due to this, the 10% off promotion that the user had did not apply. The user was also unhappy that we didn't increase their bandwidth, but doubled their price.

The part missing is that the user was already given extra bandwidth for free, 4TB per month and that the pricing received for a 7950X 16GB RAM server is very competitive, likely better than any other provider in the same location is providing. The user continually berated the live chat staff, saying it was unfair and that we are cheating him.

I think we were very fair, competitive and went above and beyond for the user - but I will leave that to the LET community to decide.

Are you weak in math ? How it's double price, 23x2= 46$
    And why you mentioned in old Lowendtalk post that the discount is reccuring?

• sonicsonic Veteran

call them out, that's all

• @CyberneticTitan said:
    How is the provider cheating you? They didn't increase the price of your current plan, scam you, or any other sleazy thing.

You got a deal on a fixed setup. Now you want to break the terms of that promotion by asking for an upgrade.

If you truly believe the provider is cheating you, just go somewhere else. Why stay with a company you feel hostile with?

Read all my comment pls!

• @Vikasverma said:
    Read all my comment pls!

@Vikasverma said:

The provider is free to offer any price they want. You don't like it? Don't buy it.

Why does their previous promotion apply to your upgrade?

• I'm not askin> @CyberneticTitan said:

@Vikasverma said:
    Read all my comment pls!

@Vikasverma said:

The provider is free to offer any price they want. You don't like it? Don't buy it.

Why does their previous promotion apply to your upgrade?

I'm not asking them to keep my current promotion dude! I'm just asking them to keep pricing double. Atleast listen my point before any argument.

• @Vikasverma said:

@anubhavhirani said:

8Gb Ram DDR5
    4Core Ryzen 7950x cpu
    120Gb NVMe gen 4 SSD
    16Tb bandwidth
    1000mb/s connection

16GB Ram DDR5
    6Core
    220Gb SSD
    16tb Bandwidth
    1000mb/s connection

2 more cores, double the RAM, Double the storage, seems fair as this is a custom plan and you are the one making changes to the promotional plan, I don't see how you are being cheated.

Thanked by 1Jake4
  • @anubhavhirani said:

@Vikasverma said:

@anubhavhirani said:

8Gb Ram DDR5
    4Core Ryzen 7950x cpu
    120Gb NVMe gen 4 SSD
    16Tb bandwidth
    1000mb/s connection

16GB Ram DDR5
    6Core
    220Gb SSD
    16tb Bandwidth
    1000mb/s connection

2 more cores, double the RAM, Double the storage, seems fair as this is a custom plan and you are the one making changes to the promotional plan, I don't see how you are being cheated.

Where's increase in Bandwidth?
    Where's double price!

• kasodkkasodk Barred

@Vikasverma said:

@speedypage said:

Stupid + cunt = @Vikasverma

Thanked by 1Void
  • @Vikasverma said:
    I'm not asking them to keep my current promotion dude! I'm just asking them to keep pricing double. Atleast listen my point before any argument.

Yes you are. You are asking them to scale your promotion with the VPS specs, when they did not offer such a promotion on those upgrade specs.

Again, don't like it? Don't buy it.

• VoidVoid Member

Oh gee, extremely unfair man. Activate triggered mode and exercise your rights to talk to the manager.

• @lukehebb said:
    Seems fair. Promotion deal doesn't apply to the new plan as it was specific for the old plan, you're also getting nearly double the storage with two more cores and twice the RAM

I don't see a problem

But the price is not double even without discount!

• @Vikasverma said:

@anubhavhirani said:

@Vikasverma said:

@anubhavhirani said:

8Gb Ram DDR5
    4Core Ryzen 7950x cpu
    120Gb NVMe gen 4 SSD
    16Tb bandwidth
    1000mb/s connection

16GB Ram DDR5
    6Core
    220Gb SSD
    16tb Bandwidth
    1000mb/s connection

Where's double price!

Did you ask for more bandwidth?

You've got more of everything else, for a little bit more than double the price

@Vikasverma said:

@lukehebb said:
    Seems fair. Promotion deal doesn't apply to the new plan as it was specific for the old plan, you're also getting nearly double the storage with two more cores and twice the RAM

I don't see a problem

So?

• I understand that you want to stack the promotional plan but it is for provider to take decision if they want to do that, maybe you can look for other providers who can provide you the specifications in your budget or pay $50, either way you are not being cheated by the provider.

• OP: cheating is a very strong word to use where the provider is simply saying this is their best offer.
    Generally speaking, recurrent discounts apply to only the sevice you ordered at a certain time. Plus threatening the provider staff to make such info public is also not earning you any brownie points.

• more popkorn drama

At this point I would request @speedypage to refund OP on the remainder of his current service and bid him adieu. You can afford one less client....

• more popkorn drama
    Thanked by 2jlet88 sliix
  • @lukehebb said:

@Vikasverma said:

@anubhavhirani said:

@Vikasverma said:

@anubhavhirani said:

8Gb Ram DDR5
    4Core Ryzen 7950x cpu
    120Gb NVMe gen 4 SSD
    16Tb bandwidth
    1000mb/s connection

16GB Ram DDR5
    6Core
    220Gb SSD
    16tb Bandwidth
    1000mb/s connection

Where's double price!

@Vikasverma said:

@lukehebb said:

I don't see a problem

So?

Yes i ask them to give me extra Bandwidth, but they refused. Also I'm happy with same Bandwidth but atleast they have to charge me double amount. They're asking me to pay almost 60% extra.

• @Vikasverma said:

@lukehebb said:

@Vikasverma said:

@anubhavhirani said:

@Vikasverma said:

@anubhavhirani said:

8Gb Ram DDR5
    4Core Ryzen 7950x cpu
    120Gb NVMe gen 4 SSD
    16Tb bandwidth
    1000mb/s connection

16GB Ram DDR5
    6Core
    220Gb SSD
    16tb Bandwidth
    1000mb/s connection

Where's double price!

@Vikasverma said:

@lukehebb said:

I don't see a problem

So?

Yes i ask them to give me extra Bandwidth, but they refused. Also I'm happy with same Bandwidth but atleast they have to charge me double amount. They're asking me to pay almost 60% extra.

For twice the ram, two more cores and almost double storage... without the promotion as that no longer applies

There's no problem here, they aren't doing anything wrong

• VikasvermaVikasverma Member
    edited June 2023

@plumberg said:

OP: cheating is a very strong word to use where the provider is simply saying this is their best offer.
    Generally speaking, recurrent discounts apply to only the sevice you ordered at a certain time. Plus threatening the provider staff to make such info public is also not earning you any brownie points.

• more popkorn drama

At this point I would request @speedypage to refund OP on the remainder of his current service and bid him adieu. You can afford one less client....

• more popkorn drama

My vps have active clients 😃. And I'm happy with current offer , I'm just worried about future upgrade.

• hyena56hyena56 Member
    edited June 2023

Seems fair, it is an promotional offer. So the setup are fixed to that price range. Upgrading it will not be a promotional offer anymore IMHO. Also where are your VPS located? If he is rejecting the bandwidth upgrade I guess maybe it's from an APAC region?

• @hyena56 said:
    Seems fair, it is an promotional offer. So the setup are fixed to that price range. Upgrading it will not be a promotional offer anymore IMHO. Also where are your VPS located? If he is rejecting the bandwidth upgrade I guess maybe it's from an APAC region?

It's Ashburn location!

• hyena56hyena56 Member
    edited June 2023

@Vikasverma said:

@hyena56 said:

It's Ashburn location!

Have u tried, talking to him in a mature way? Not everything can be solved by just creating a thread here on LET, u have to ask him why he rejected the bandwidth upgrade also or why is the price been doubled for such an upgrade. He will definitely give you a definite answer. Speedypage has a good reputation here in LET

There can be many reasons, like the current node your hosted on already has insufficient hardware to suit your needs, and he will need to adjust such like that