Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ If your VPS provider is cheating you, what will you do? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

If your VPS provider is cheating you, what will you do?

Comments

• @hyena56 said:

@Vikasverma said:

@hyena56 said:
    Seems fair, it is an promotional offer. So the setup are fixed to that price range. Upgrading it will not be a promotional offer anymore IMHO. Also where are your VPS located? If he is rejecting the bandwidth upgrade I guess maybe it's from an APAC region?

It's Ashburn location!

Have u tried, talking to him in a mature way? Not everything can be solved by just creating a ticket here on LET, u have to ask him why he rejected the bandwidth upgrade also or why is the price been doubled for such an upgrade. He will definitely give you a definite answer. Speedypage has a good reputation here in LET

I also liked them, and they're doing good ๐Ÿ‘ i opened a chat support and had long chat with two agents. I ask him to give me any valid reason atleast. They keep me saying ( is there anything else I can help with). ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

• speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider

@hyena56 said:

@Vikasverma said:

@hyena56 said:
    Seems fair, it is an promotional offer. So the setup are fixed to that price range. Upgrading it will not be a promotional offer anymore IMHO. Also where are your VPS located? If he is rejecting the bandwidth upgrade I guess maybe it's from an APAC region?

It's Ashburn location!

Have u tried, talking to him in a mature way? Not everything can be solved by just creating a ticket here on LET, u have to ask him why he rejected the bandwidth upgrade also or why is the price been doubled for such an upgrade. He will definitely give you a definite answer. Speedypage has a good reputation here in LET

There can be many reasons, like the current node your hosted on already has insufficient hardware to suit your needs, and he will need to adjust such like that

We typically do not go much higher than 16TB of bandwidth in any location outside of the UK. There are various reasons for this which are internal, but if we do go above, it's generally billed at a higher price as in most instances, we are sucking up the actual cost of the bandwidth.

Singapore will shortly have new connectivity, allowing us to significantly increase new package limits we are hoping.

• Tom_BTom_B Member

@Vikasverma said:
    A few months ago, I purchased a Performance Plus VPS from a VPS provider with a Ryzen 7950X CPU and 16TB bandwidth for around $21. Now, I want to upgrade my VPS with 16GB RAM, and they are asking me to pay $50 with the same bandwidth. What do you think, is this fair?

Yes, this is fair. Cheating is not the case here.
    Unfortunately, this is how it works with many VPS and baremetal providers.

The choice to accept this or to compare new provider(s) / prices is yours. But be careful with terms like 'cheating'. This does not apply here.

Thanked by 1Vikasverma
  • @Tom_B said:

@Vikasverma said:
    A few months ago, I purchased a Performance Plus VPS from a VPS provider with a Ryzen 7950X CPU and 16TB bandwidth for around $21. Now, I want to upgrade my VPS with 16GB RAM, and they are asking me to pay $50 with the same bandwidth. What do you think, is this fair?

The choice to accept this or to compare new provider(s) / prices is yours. But be careful with terms like 'cheating'. This does not apply here.

I didn't not mentioned name of any provider in my post.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited June 2023

NO ONE CARES IF THEY:
    CHARGE DOUBLE
    TRIPPLE
    150% FOR 100% MORE RESOURCES
    10% FOR 200% MORE RESOURCES

WE CARE IF YOUR BASIC PLAN CHANGE, OUT OF BLUE, WITHOUT ANY NOTIFICATION WITHIN REASONABLE TIMEFRAME.

You bought a specific deal, you have a specific deal. Nothing changed. No scam, no cheating. You bought a specific deal at specific point of time - maybe things are more expensive now? Maybe they pay more theirs staff? Maybe they don't need to promote [and sell things cheaper] theirs servers anymore as they are almost full?

Because you bought this deal it does not mean it will scale with other deals. You want a custom deal, don't be shocked that there is price difference for that or they don't have resources or they need to deploy new server or they need to X,Y,Z. Again - you bought a specific deal in specific point of time, you still have it, you enjoy it.

You want other deal? Ask for it - maybe you can trade X for Y, maybe not. Be fucking polite, stop throwing tantrums, stop with the "I WILL POST ON LET!!11111" also be fucking happy that they straight out not decided to end the relationship with you and don't allow you to extend your server anymore - many providers would do that - no one likes to be harassed/extorted.

Thanked by 1sliix
  • @Vikasverma said:

@Tom_B said:

@Vikasverma said:

What is the difference? Speedypage just happens to be professional and commented on this thread. You still said "cheating provider". It just happens that Speedypage commented and it has been specified that it is them you're talking about

• @JabJab said:
    NO ONE CARES IF THEY:
    CHARGE DOUBLE
    TRIPPLE

WE CARE IF YOUR BASIC PLAN CHANGE, OUT OF BLUE, WITHOUT ANY NOTIFICATION WITHIN REASONABLE TIMEFRAME.

You bought a specific deal, you have a specific deal. Nothing changes. No scam, no cheating. You bought a specific deal at specific point of time - maybe things are more expensive now? Maybe they pay more theirs staff? Maybe they don't need to promote [and sell things cheaper] theirs servers anymore as they are almost full?

Because you bought this deal it does not mean it will scale with other deals. You want a custom deal, don't be shocked that there is price difference for that or they don't have resources or they need to deploy new server or they need to X,Y,Z. Again - you bought a specific deal in specific point of time, you still have it, you enjoy it.

You want other deal? Ask for it - maybe you can trade X for Y, maybe not. Be fucking polite, stop throwing tantrums, stop with the "I WILL POST ON LET!!11111" also be fucking happy that they straight out not decided to end the relationship with you and don't allow you to extend your server anymore - many providers would do that - no one likes to be harassed/extorted.

That's why I didn't mentioned their name on my post , i Just want to know that it's normal or host cheating me?

• @Vikasverma said:

@JabJab said:
    NO ONE CARES IF THEY:
    CHARGE DOUBLE
    TRIPPLE

You bought a specific deal, you have a specific deal. Nothing changes. No scam, no cheating. You bought a specific deal at specific point of time - maybe things are more expensive now? Maybe they pay more theirs staff? Maybe they don't need to promote [and sell things cheaper] theirs servers anymore as they are almost full?

That's why I didn't mentioned their name on my post , i Just want to know that it's normal or host cheating me?

It's normal.

Thanked by 1Vikasverma
  • @hyena56 said:

@Vikasverma said:

@Tom_B said:

@Vikasverma said:

What is the difference? Speedypage just happens to be professional and commented on this thread. You still said "cheating provider". It just happens that Speedypage commented and it has been specified that it is them you're talking about

I also didn't want to harm their reputation at all, i asking here just for views of people on this incident!

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited June 2023

Do you see a difference between:
    "Provider don't want to offer me a better deal with 1-1 price increase, is this normal?"
    vs
    "If your VPS provider is cheating you, what will you do?"

Thanked by 2srch07 Vikasverma
  • @Vikasverma said:

@hyena56 said:

@Vikasverma said:

@Tom_B said:

@Vikasverma said:

I also didn't want to harm their reputation at all, i asking here just for views of people on this incident!

All right. Just be careful about the choice of word next time, you can decently ask about this matter without making a thread titled "If your VPS provider is cheating on you what will you do?" Anyway, Speedypage already stated the answer you're looking for about the bandwidth upgrade

• srch07srch07 Member

@Vikasverma said:

@hyena56 said:

@Vikasverma said:

@Tom_B said:

@Vikasverma said:

Unfortunately, I am not able to visualize, how you have clients.

Anyways, are you aware of loss leader model?
    If you are aware, do you expect provider to keep providing you same benefit as of loss leader pricing mode multiple times?

If a shop gives you a promo offer to buy one pen at $1 (to get you to shop in their store first time), do you expect them to keep selling you all kinds of pen at $1?

I don't know what kind of common sense people follow nowdays.

Thanked by 1Void
  • @srch07 said:

@Vikasverma said:

@hyena56 said:

@Vikasverma said:

@Tom_B said:

@Vikasverma said:

Unfortunately, I am not able to visualize, how you have clients.

Anyways, are you aware of loss leader model?
    If you are aware, do you expect provider to keep providing you same benefit as of loss leader pricing mode multiple times?

If a shop gives you a promo offer to buy one pen at $1 (to get you to shop in their store first time), do you expect them to keep selling you all kinds of pen at $1?

I don't know what kind of common sense people follow nowdays.

๐Ÿ˜‚I'm also wondering that common sense, if asking views of people is totally treated as there's nothing wrong. Anyways everyone has the right to comment and express their words.

• _MS__MS_ Member

Maybe, MaxKVM was right.

Thanked by 2Vikasverma Patriarch
  • Prep21Prep21 Member

You are lucky that they agreed to upgrade your current plan.

• MS said:
    Maybe, MaxKVM was right.

Banning is not a solution at all. BTW thanks for your comment ๐Ÿ™‚

• @Prep21 said:
    You are lucky that they agreed to upgrade your current plan.

They're charging fee for it , not a free upgrade dude!

• MS said:
    Maybe, MaxKVM was right.

I like the reason, LMAO

• air4xair4x Member

Your question in the post was somewhat reasonable, as in asking around if the price was fair before taking a decision on buying something. But your title for the post is a clickbaity one, unreasonably attacking the provider. The provider is free to set any price for a new service you request. You can take it or leave it.

Thanked by 1Vikasverma
  • @air4x said:
    Your question in the post was somewhat reasonable, as in asking around if the price was fair before taking a decision on buying something. But your title for the post is a clickbaity one, unreasonably attacking the provider. The provider is free to set any price for a new service you request. You can take it or leave it.

Thanks ๐Ÿ™ atleast you didn't counter me , explained in a nice way!

• emghemgh Member

MS said:
    Maybe, MaxKVM was right.

I first laughed at the reason, but reading the thread, damn this provider is fragile

Thanked by 2Vikasverma _MS_
  • @speedypage said: We typically do not go much higher than 16TB of bandwidth in any location outside of the UK. There are various reasons for this which are internal, but if we do go above, it's generally billed at a higher price as in most instances, we are sucking up the actual cost of the bandwidth.

Singapore will shortly have new connectivity, allowing us to significantly increase new package limits we are hoping.

very fortunately i got VPS at SIG with 20TB of bandwidth from you :D :D

• @vivucloud said:

@speedypage said: We typically do not go much higher than 16TB of bandwidth in any location outside of the UK. There are various reasons for this which are internal, but if we do go above, it's generally billed at a higher price as in most instances, we are sucking up the actual cost of the bandwidth.

very fortunately i got VPS at SIG with 20TB of bandwidth from you :D :D

Singapore? 20TB? :open_mouth:

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2023

That's not cheating as you haven't been charged of that. It was just offer. More like take it or leave it situation.

$21
    8Gb Ram DDR5
    4Core Ryzen 7950x cpu
    120Gb NVMe gen 4 SSD
    16Tb bandwidth
    1000mb/s connection

$50
    16GB Ram DDR5
    6Core
    220Gb SSD
    16tb Bandwidth
    1000mb/s connection

On the other hand I understand that offer somewhat sucks as even for full price (without promotional 10% off discount) you get less resources for more than double price.

Thanked by 1Vikasverma
  • So did OP married the providers or he just one side crush

• @anubhavhirani said: Singapore? 20TB?

yes i bought these VPS before they upgraded their network at a very favorable price, and after upgrading the network they still keep the same price. :D

• @Mumbly said:
    That's not cheating as you haven't been charged of that. It was just offer. More like take it or leave it situation.

$21
    8Gb Ram DDR5
    4Core Ryzen 7950x cpu
    120Gb NVMe gen 4 SSD
    16Tb bandwidth
    1000mb/s connection

$50
    16GB Ram DDR5
    6Core
    220Gb SSD
    16tb Bandwidth
    1000mb/s connection

On the other hand I understand that offer somewhat sucks as even for full price (without promotional 10% off discount) you get less resources for more than double price.

This is exactly what I wanted to ask people if it's not unfair? Shouldn't they have informed me during my first order that I would have to pay more than double the price for future upgrades for fewer resources? People are only defending the host and no one is listening to my point. Some people even called me crazy.

• @vivucloud said:

@anubhavhirani said: Singapore? 20TB?

yes i bought these VPS before they upgraded their network at a very favorable price, and after upgrading the network they still keep the same price. :D

WOW! Great deal, do you even need this bandwidth?

• TalistechTalistech Member
    edited June 2023

@Vikasverma said:
    ๐Ÿ˜‚I'm also wondering that common sense, if asking views of people is totally treated as there's nothing wrong. Anyways everyone has the right to comment and express their words.

I don't think you're qualified to 'worry about common sense' ๐Ÿ˜…

Thanked by 1Vikasverma
  • @Talistech said:

@Vikasverma said:

I don't think you're qualified to 'worry about common sense' ๐Ÿ˜…

Maybe ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚