Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenCloud | KVM VPS with EPYC Gen2 & NVMe from $15/y | SG Pre-order - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenCloud | KVM VPS with EPYC Gen2 & NVMe from $15/y | SG Pre-order

12345679»

Comments

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@ilBarista said:

@gerasalus said:
    I guess the "we will re-launch your VM once we've sorted out our hardware issues" is not included in the price.

10GbpsNLstorage2 is down since 24hrs due to hardware issues ( raid rebuild ) - I'll guess it will take 2 more weeks... I guess you get what you pay for.

This is an offer thread, it should not be used for technical support. You should contact us via Support Ticket instead or drop me a PM for refund if you want.

• Everybody should be aware with what you would be dealing with. And really you get what you pay for. As the other person said 24h hours of downtime with a single email ups we're rebuilding the raid. Simply go look elsewhere

• bdlbdl Member
    edited September 2023

@gerasalus said:
    Everybody should be aware with what you would be dealing with. And really you get what you pay for. As the other person said 24h hours of downtime with a single email ups we're rebuilding the raid. Simply go look elsewhere

Yes we saw your cry the first time

• @bdl said:
    Yes we saw your cry the first time

fanboys getting ofended that the stuff ain’t working?

@gerasalus said:
    Everybody should be aware with what you would be dealing with. And really you get what you pay for. As the other person said 24h hours of downtime with a single email ups we're rebuilding the raid. Simply go look elsewhere

We cannot please everyone, especially in a hardware issue. Please open a ticket to Sales/Billing and request it to forward to NDTN, I will proceed with the full refund so you can go with a more premium provider.

• I mean it's kinda normal than when you need to rebuild raid on storage servers things are locked, isn't it?

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @JabJab said:
    I mean it's kinda normal than when you need to rebuild raid on storage servers things are locked, isn't it?

Perfectly. Especially for the price which means that there is no spare capacity to move clients to. What IMO is not normal is not being able to provide any eta. 24 hours? Couple of days? A week?

@gerasalus said:

@JabJab said:
    I mean it's kinda normal than when you need to rebuild raid on storage servers things are locked, isn't it?

Perfectly. Especially for the price which means that there is no spare capacity to move clients to. What IMO is not normal is not being able to provide any eta. 24 hours? Couple of days? A week?

An email will be sent with the ETA, please drop me a PM with your client email then I will proceed with the refund to keep you happy in this case, there is no need to wait, you can have access to your data once the sever is up.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited September 2023

@gerasalus said: What IMO is not normal is not being able to provide any eta. 24 hours? Couple of days? A week?

No, that one is not normal :disappointed:
    However with my experience on raid rebuilds.. I wouldn't even trust that ETA[*], it's fluctuate a lot and changes shit ton... however I have no idea what and how GreenCloud run there. 24 hours without any details is very meh, I agree.

[*] - kinda depends what will be provided - if something likes "16 hours left" then fuck no. If something "We should be done within 16-48 hours" then I would stick to 48h and say "possible".

Thanked by 3NDTN bdl 0xC7
  • Finally public shaming yielded some results:
    It's at 10% progress now at the time of this email so it might take up to 3-4 days to finish the rebuild

Because without it:
    We don't have an ETA yet. We're still working on fixing the RAID issue

and in case NDTN did not get it yet: not everything is about the money.

@gerasalus said:
    Finally public shaming yielded some results:
    It's at 10% progress now at the time of this email so it might take up to 3-4 days to finish the rebuild

Because without it:
    We don't have an ETA yet. We're still working on fixing the RAID issue

and in case NDTN did not get it yet: not everything is about the money.

Then what’s that about? We need to gather enough details before releasing any ETA. Ah some will still complain if we pass that ETA. Just do as I suggest, you will receive the refund and can go with other providers, and we can spend the time for fixing the issue and other stuff rather than wasting here replying to your public shaming.

• @NDTN said: Then what’s that about?

it's about time: finding another VPS rebuilding the server ( I don't have a f*** cattle of vm's to keep an ansible or chef) and then re-upload everything on my 40mbit 4G

@NDTN said: and we can spend the time for fixing the issue and other stuff rather than wasting here replying to your public shaming.

man, one thing you should learn from this is "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"

@gerasalus said:

@NDTN said: Then what’s that about?

it's about time: finding another VPS rebuilding the server ( I don't have a f*** cattle of vm's to keep an ansible or chef) and then re-upload everything on my 40mbit 4G

@NDTN said: and we can spend the time for fixing the issue and other stuff rather than wasting here replying to your public shaming.

man, one thing you should learn from this is "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"

You can transfer the data to the new provider once the server is back online, we dont just remove the VPS after issuing the refund. So move on and stop this, OK?

• Normally for storage vps, people use for backup and critical level should not be so high. Do you host website/email or backups or?

And these storage servers have huge data so time to rebuild will take sometime and ETA is quite difficult to provide.

Greencloud can provide a quick ETA but most likely need to change after and customers will be angry so it's better to have the facts like what Greencloud is providing now that ETA can be given after raid completed.

From what @NDTN given above, think they are kind enough to give you a full refund and also time after when vps is up to move since your use case is not suitable for Greencloud storage server.

Thanked by 2Tops amaeva080
  • Do you have any promotions similar to the BudgetKVMSJC-3 package but with a VN location?

• @NDTN said:

@mrkaffeine92 said:
    Got my service suspended and they won't respond to ticket when I ask them for more details. Hint: I wasn't doing anything illegal.

We dont just suspend a VPS when it's doing nothing. You can drop me a PM with the ticket # so I can take a look.

NDTN was able to resolve my issue. Thank you.

Thanked by 1hapkido
  • Will budget plan in HK get Epyc gen2 in the near future?

• Wondering if BudgetKVMSG-3 still available with Epyc?

• i buy vps singapore today 45$ 1 years,
    very fast to me,,thx before.
    FAST RESPOND and RECOMMENDED