Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best registrars with a great reputation for freedom of speech - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best registrars with a great reputation for freedom of speech

Comments

• emghemgh Member

@Francisco said:

@treesmokah said: well, if they register over Incognet, namecheap(nor incognet) will know they are russians

My point is they aren't a neutral registrar and will make choices based on personal/political beliefs. The topic is about freedom of speech registrars.

Internet.bs is likely neutral until they find some old ass complaint then yeet you for 5 days because they have 1 guy that comes in part time on Friday afternoon to process tickets. We had a run in with them multiple times now where someone got comp'd on BuyShared and the abuser was using our whitelabel domain to push their crap. We suspended the user quickly. 6 months later internet.bs suspends the domain for the complaint, not verifying it at all.

Francisco

My guess is they hire immigrants (rapists)

• jlet88jlet88 Member

BTW, what do you think of using NFS or 1984 as a registrar? For straight-up freedom of speech hosting, they have fairly good reputations in general, but I have heard of some exceptions, but I didn't see the content that triggered AUP problems.

So maybe they don't qualify, or maybe they would, not sure. NFS seems to reject certain hate speech (again, that's a different discussion about context of freedom of speech with hate speech, let's please not get into it in this thread). And 1984 has to deal with Iceland's interpretation of freedom of speech from what I understand, which may have weaknesses under pressure on certain political issues unfortunately.

So maybe both of those are out. But again, I haven't seen the content that they supposedly had issues with.

• @jlet88 said: 1984

are they icann accredited?

• emghemgh Member

And do they hire immigrants?

• jlet88jlet88 Member

@treesmokah said:

@jlet88 said: 1984

are they icann accredited?

Don't know, will look into it.

But re: 1984 in general, this is pretty interesting: https://litigation.1984.hosting/

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jlet88 said: But re: 1984 in general, this is pretty interesting: https://litigation.1984.hosting/

>

I'm curious what would happen if someone registered an anti vax domain on them. Would the local govt lean on them for that?

Francisco

Thanked by 1jlet88
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@Francisco said:

@jlet88 said: But re: 1984 in general, this is pretty interesting: https://litigation.1984.hosting/

>

I'm curious what would happen if someone registered an anti vax domain on them. Would the local govt lean on them for that?

Francisco

Let's find out.

Going to register covid-vax-made-me-trans.com and report back.

Thanked by 3jlet88 kait PureVoltage
  • jlet88jlet88 Member

@MannDude said:

@Francisco said:

>

Francisco

Let's find out.

In all seriousness, I'd be curious if you do this and what happens. Iceland seems to have a problem with "anti-vax speech" (if we can call it that) -- that's one of the areas I was implying with Iceland's interpretation of freedom of speech. I do wonder if they regret some of the censorship that happened during the pandemic, now that so many pro-mask and pro-vax scientific studies have been withdrawn.

@jlet88 said: In all seriousness, I'd be curious if you do this and what happens. Iceland seems to have a problem with "anti-vax speech" (if we can call it that) -- that's one of the areas I was implying with Iceland's interpretation of freedom of speech. I do wonder if they regret some of the censorship that happened during the pandemic, now that so many pro-mask and pro-vax scientific studies have been withdrawn.

I'm being serious too, that's exactly why I made the statement I did. There is some big freedom of speech host outta Iceland that went on a yeeting spree for anything anti vax or COVID conspiracy related.

Francisco

Thanked by 2jlet88 PureVoltage
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@jlet88 said:

@MannDude said:

@Francisco said:

>

Francisco

Let's find out.

In all seriousness, I'd be curious if you do this and what happens. Iceland seems to have a problem with "anti-vax speech" (if we can call it that) -- that's one of the areas I was implying with Iceland's interpretation of freedom of speech. I do wonder if they regret some of the censorship that happened during the pandemic, now that so many pro-mask and pro-vax scientific studies have been withdrawn.

I tried to register on their site.

I never got the confirmation email in my inbox to finalize registration. It's not in my spambox and it's been however long since I made my original comment.

I was going to buy it just for shits-n-gigs and to test the theory out.

• jlet88jlet88 Member

@Francisco said:

@jlet88 said: In all seriousness, I'd be curious if you do this and what happens. Iceland seems to have a problem with "anti-vax speech" (if we can call it that) -- that's one of the areas I was implying with Iceland's interpretation of freedom of speech. I do wonder if they regret some of the censorship that happened during the pandemic, now that so many pro-mask and pro-vax scientific studies have been withdrawn.

I'm being serious too, that's exactly why I made the statement I did. There is some big freedom of speech host outta Iceland that went on a yeeting spree for anything anti vax or COVID conspiracy related.

Francisco

Yep, I believe it was Floki, if I'm not mistaken. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. Floki is not 1984 though. Although no doubt 1984 has faced similar pressure, I haven't seen evidence of anti-vax censorship at 1984 though. Not defending 1984 BTW, but I do know they have spent time (and I assume money) on legal battles. That ADL takedown request is one example.

• jlet88jlet88 Member
    edited June 2023

BTW, I read all those court documents in the 1984-ADL case, and TBH, ADL had a weak case. I'm not a lawyer, but it didn't seem to pack enough specific details and any direct proof of harm, not to mention it didn't seem to meet the legal requirements for the cited Iceland statutes. Even GoDaddy rejected the ADL request in the US. Ultimately, the Iceland court ruled "The plaintiff's request for an injunction is denied." So 1984 won, but IMO it doesn't seem like a big groundbreaking case. It would have been a surprise if they lost in this case from what I read. But again, I'm not a lawyer.

However, what's interesting to me is that 1984 didn't NEED to go to court -- they could have just complied with the ADL's initial request, which is what many (if not perhaps most) small providers would have done. The legal fees were likely costly for them. But to their credit, 1984 did in fact fight back. One might agree/disagree with ADL's case, and that's a different discussion, but 1984 should get some credit for fighting for their understanding of freedom of speech.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I have used (and still do) https://www.eurodns.com/ and they seem pretty good at not taking action against you if your domain is 'controversial'. Years ago, they received a bunch of complaints about a domain I have and they forwarded the emails to me and said they can not take any action unless it's settled in a court.

Thanked by 1jlet88
  • jlet88jlet88 Member

@Arkas said:
    ...they forwarded the emails to me and said they can not take any action unless it's settled in a court.

Thank you, good to know. That's exactly what they should have done!

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • Shot2Shot2 Member

@treesmokah said:
    In Gandi case, they fucked up big time. But what to expect from French company, they are forced by the Govt to destroy freedom of speech while "friendly immigrants" rape women in Paris and aren't prosecuted for it.

At least they don't routinely shoot their own toddlers with assault rifles out of boredom, like the average Murican. :D

• emghemgh Member

@Shot2 said:

@treesmokah said:
    In Gandi case, they fucked up big time. But what to expect from French company, they are forced by the Govt to destroy freedom of speech while "friendly immigrants" rape women in Paris and aren't prosecuted for it.

At least they don't routinely shoot their own toddlers with assault rifles out of boredom, like the average Murican. :D

Or rape like immigrants

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited June 2023

Very interesting, I was not aware of it.
    Thanks for sharing.

Seems like ADL wants to "protect" Israel however they can.
    Undeniably terrorists.

edited June 2023

I do not get why are you trying to provoke me over and over, because of my statement. I would advise you to look on travel safety guides in Paris.
    When I booked a flight there, I got a brochure that literally said that women should not go in to muslim neighbourhoods at night unsupervised because of gigantic rape problem there.
    Statistics are not your feelings.

Ever heard of native European muslims? Me neither.

• emghemgh Member

@treesmokah said:

I do not get why are you trying to provoke me over and over, because of my statement. I would advise you to look on travel safety guides in Paris.
    When I booked a flight there, I got a brochure that literally said that women should not go in to muslim neighbourhoods at night unsupervised because of gigantic rape problem there.
    Statistics are not your feelings.

No, you’re understanding me wrong. I hate immigrants and muslims too ❤️

edited June 2023

@emgh said: I hate immigrants and muslims too ❤️

Have I ever said I hate them?
    If you want my personal take, I want them to stay where they belong - and my country is doing just that, not accepting illegal immigrants. I do not hate them, I just do not want them on my land. Is that racist? I do not think so.

We are the safest country in the Europe. Coincidence? Don't think so.
    0 terrorist attacks, ever. 0 violent muslim extremists. 0 muslim related riots which often end in cities being burn down(look at the current situation in France)

I have nothing against immigrants that are able to adapt to our culture, but its literally 1% of "arab" immigrants. I'd rather have none than a few nice ones and a bunch of fucktards.

• emghemgh Member

@treesmokah said:

If you want my personal take, I want them to stay where they belong - and my country is doing just that, not accepting illegal immigrants. I do not hate them, I just do not want them on my land. Is that racist? I do not think so.

0 terrorist attacks, ever. 0 violent muslim extremists. 0 muslim related riots which often end in cities being burn down(look at the current situation in France)

No, not a coincidence! You keep those dirty immigrants and muslims out and it’s paying off!

• @emgh said:

@treesmokah said:

No, not a coincidence! You keep those dirty immigrants and muslims out and it’s paying off!

You are criminally unfunny.
    I'm out, not interested in getting banned or warned again.

• jlet88jlet88 Member

Hi guys, with all due respect, any chance we can stay on topic? Maybe that's asking too much in this forum, and I know you guys are very smart and passionate about your points of view, but seriously, there are probably some more relevant points to the original topic that people hopefully might want to add before this thread goes off the deep end...

The beauty of real freedom of speech is that people can have and share very different points of view, and disagree about it all they want, but that doesn't mean we also can't stick to a topic that many of us in this thread care about... right?

• emghemgh Member
    edited June 2023

@treesmokah said:

@emgh said:

@treesmokah said:

You are criminally unfunny.
    I'm out, not interested in getting banned or warned again.

I don’t understand, I just wanted to be a part of the muslim hate train, for us to be immigrant hating lover bros, and yet you shut me down just like that. I even dumped my muslim friend for you.

The beauty of real freedom of speech is that people can have and share very different points of view

We share the same view. I stated several times that I hate muslims too. He just don’t trust me :(

• @jlet88 said:
    Hi guys, with all due respect, any chance we can stay on topic? Maybe that's asking too much in this forum, and I know you guys are very smart and passionate about your points of view, but seriously, there are probably some more relevant points to the original topic that people hopefully might want to add before this thread goes off the deep end...

The beauty of real freedom of speech is that people can have and share very different points of view, and disagree about it all they want, but that doesn't mean we also can't stick to a topic that many of us in this thread care about... right?

I agree and apologize.

Thanked by 2jlet88 emgh
  • Orangewebsite?

Thanked by 1jlet88
  • JasonMJasonM Member

I've tried:
    nicenic
    shinjiru/ilovewww

Thanked by 2treesmokah jlet88
    edited June 2023

@JasonM said:
    shinjiru/ilovewww

Thought this was some uwu shit for a minute.

Francisco

Thanked by 3kait treesmokah jlet88
  • alt_alt_ Member

Netim

Thanked by 2JasonM jlet88