Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iHostART - 5.69$/yr 50 GB SSD&512 MB VPS DMCA Ignore & Leave invoice no. and duble ram 1x IPv4 NAT - Page 32
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iHostART - 5.69$/yr 50 GB SSD&512 MB VPS DMCA Ignore & Leave invoice no. and duble ram 1x IPv4 NAT

Comments

• VoidVoid Member

@ask_seek_knock said:

@gritty said:

root@example:~# speedtest

Speedtest by Ookla

Server: BOCU.ro - Brasov (id: 7682)
             ISP: Orange Romania Communications
    Idle Latency:   121.88 ms   (jitter: 51.87ms, low: 79.72ms, high: 193.78ms)
        Download:   119.82 Mbps (data used: 194.4 MB)
                    337.05 ms   (jitter: 76.41ms, low: 87.67ms, high: 637.12ms)
          Upload:     0.81 Mbps (data used: 977.4 kB)
                    408.43 ms   (jitter: 81.90ms, low: 242.76ms, high: 680.48ms)
     Packet Loss:     1.3%
      Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/34efce02-f17a-4e81-8cf1-9aa628b567ff

the upload network even can not reach 1Mbps, it looks like a mostly unusable state now

Well, you are lucky enough to complete running speedtest.
    My result of running speedtest is just a 403 Forbidden.

Except the slow network, there may be another problem that the load is usually too high. The load of my VPS is often above 0.50, and the most heavy task is transmission-daemon, which is a BT client. Similar tasks on other VPS result load below 0.05.

I can stand slow network, slow response because of cheap price, but will my service be suspended because of high load?

I don't think the high load is because I've running too many tasks or the tasks are CPU-intensive. It's a CPU more than 12 yo and a little oversold, which is OK to me.

why not use cpulimit

• @ask_seek_knock said:

@gritty said:

root@example:~# speedtest

Speedtest by Ookla

Server: BOCU.ro - Brasov (id: 7682)
             ISP: Orange Romania Communications
    Idle Latency:   121.88 ms   (jitter: 51.87ms, low: 79.72ms, high: 193.78ms)
        Download:   119.82 Mbps (data used: 194.4 MB)
                    337.05 ms   (jitter: 76.41ms, low: 87.67ms, high: 637.12ms)
          Upload:     0.81 Mbps (data used: 977.4 kB)
                    408.43 ms   (jitter: 81.90ms, low: 242.76ms, high: 680.48ms)
     Packet Loss:     1.3%
      Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/34efce02-f17a-4e81-8cf1-9aa628b567ff

the upload network even can not reach 1Mbps, it looks like a mostly unusable state now

Well, you are lucky enough to complete running speedtest.
    My result of running speedtest is just a 403 Forbidden.

Try this:
    speedtest --secure

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock
  • edited August 2023

@szymonp said: Try this:
    speedtest --secure

Thank you. This worked.

m2@ihostart:~$ python3 ./speedtest --secure
    Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Testing from Sprint (103.212.81.69)...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Selecting best server based on ping...
    Hosted by 31173 Services AB (Frankfurt) [364.76 km]: 298.819 ms
    Testing download speed.................................................................................
    Download: 7.01 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed......................................................................................
    Upload: 3.29 Mbit/s

@jmaxwell said: why not use cpulimit

I would be a fool to try, because the core reason is oversold and obsolete CPU (Xeon X5660).

• @Calin said:

@SirNeo said: Your ISP, one of the few (15-20) Tier 1 ISP in the world don't know how to route IPv6?

>

Yes , recently for example Orange change employers , and it has reached the point where not even IPv4 subnets know how to route them

Checked https://ihostart.micronode.uk, there is a IPv6 address there. Is it available now?
    Or can you show me the netmask and gateway, then I can set it manually.

• MaxRMaxR Barred

@ask_seek_knock said:

@szymonp said: Try this:
    speedtest --secure

Thank you. This worked.

m2@ihostart:~$ python3 ./speedtest --secure
    Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Testing from Sprint (103.212.81.69)...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Selecting best server based on ping...
    Hosted by 31173 Services AB (Frankfurt) [364.76 km]: 298.819 ms
    Testing download speed.................................................................................
    Download: 7.01 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed......................................................................................
    Upload: 3.29 Mbit/s

@jmaxwell said: why not use cpulimit

I would be a fool to try, because the core reason is oversold and obsolete CPU (Xeon X5660).

Is all ihostart's VPSs this badly oversold?
    And how is the network speed on their dedicated servers?

• @MaxR said: Is all ihostart's VPSs this badly oversold?

Yes. Oversold for 30 days in advance, even before you get the server.
    Like a fancy Michlline star restaurant, but without the special food.

Thanked by 1MaxR
  • CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@MaxR said: Is all ihostart's VPSs this badly oversold?

>

Hello , this VPS it's out of stock right now , because it's very cheap price that it's cause why stop selling this type of VPS

Network on dedicated servers it s more better

@xdotydotz said: Checked https://ihostart.micronode.uk, there is a IPv6 address there. Is it available now?

I m don t have exactly ETA , all I can say is that I'm waiting for my ISP to route IPv6

@gritty said: the upload network even can not reach 1Mbps, it looks like a mostly unusable state now

>

We upgrade network of node approx 4 weeks ago , but after node reach lot of VPS Process and tasks network start be poor , unfortunately hardware limitations

Regards

• MaxRMaxR Barred

@Calin said:

>

Hello , this VPS it's out of stock right now , because it's very cheap price that it's cause why stop selling this type of VPS

I was asking about your services in general, not this offer.

Network on dedicated servers it s more better

Better? Is that 15 Mbit/s?

• edited August 2023

Sorry, I have only one NAT VPS on one host, thus have no idea.
    According to benchmark from other user, it's better than my node, two-digits mega-bps.

Anyway, worth of price as long as being stable.

Hello everyone , after lot of comunication and lot of talk with my ISP , finally we finish route a IPv6 subnet on our residential ASN

Coming soon IPv6 IPs start work and sorry again for the long time waiting

Regards,
    Calin

• Perfect! Next to the antarctic, I can offer the democratic republic korea to my customers now as well! Looking forward to Atlantis and Narnia.
    Narnia should be easily possible, @Calin do you offer some closet servers as well? Basement is a bit old school IMHO now

• my vps is always having problems. every month it always happens, my vps can't be accessed. Ticket #GDW-883610

• @Calin said:
    Hello everyone , after lot of comunication and lot of talk with my ISP , finally we finish route a IPv6 subnet on our residential ASN

Regards,
    Calin

Great. So, can we expect that we will have the IPv6 in a week?

Thanked by 1Calin

@kutubuku said: my vps is always having problems. every month it always happens, my vps can't be accessed. Ticket #GDW-883610

>
    All work now

Regards

@Pilzbaum said: Perfect! Next to the antarctic, I can offer the democratic republic korea to my customers now as well! Looking forward to Atlantis and Narnia.

Coming soon on Antarctica for @yoursunny

Thanked by 2yoursunny Pilzbaum
  • @Greyhound said: Great. So, can we expect that we will have the IPv6 in a week?

Monday(TM)

• After rebooting the system, the system cant be reloaded and accessed (Connection timed out). Recently, the network connectivity is too bad, the speed when I typed the command is so so slow, it was almost stuck on the screen after typing the command. :(

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2023

@Maounique said: Here (Digi Romania) 10G is 10 Eur but no option for dedicated IP (v4 or v6) unless you get a corporate line which is way more expensive (and no 10G option AFAIK), 4 times more depending on how you negotiate.

Guys, DIGI has no clue how to properly route and publish IPV6 for commercial ISP/Datacenter, trust me, we are present in their Datacenters, and struggle with IPV6 for 2 moths now.

They even published internal 10.0.0.0/8 ip's in BGP a few moths ago, so as it seems, routing is difficult for most.

10 G at RDS is 450 USD / 1 G, so that is an astronomical 4500 USD for 10G, this is the list price.

At 4500 USD I can get TELIA or any other high grade provider anywhere in the world.

For residential, they give you with low price, as you will never use 100% of bandwitch, and even if you do, not everybody does that, so they can oversell a 10G line to ~1.000 clients.

The 95% of home use internet speed is around 40-65 Mbps.

Problems start at ISP service providers, as they ( us ) will eat all the line, and that is a problem for them, hence the high price.

Telekom, that merged with Orange, had quite a good technical team, as it turns out they did not migrate to Orange.

Vodafone is even worse.

So basically in ro you are left either DIGI or Orange. Other providers, like TELIA, COGNET, GTS are usually only present in Datacenters. So for those that do "HOME HOSTING" getting a decent line in a residential area is quite difficult. I do admire the perseverance of those who try.

Either way, DIGI has a better technical team over Orange, that is a fact, but things move slow.

iHostART & HAZI.ro, we HOST-C respect your efforts. :smile:

Thanked by 2Calin FlorinMarian
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

@host_c said:

@Maounique said: Here (Digi Romania) 10G is 10 Eur but no option for dedicated IP (v4 or v6) unless you get a corporate line which is way more expensive (and no 10G option AFAIK), 4 times more depending on how you negotiate.

Guys, DIGI has no clue how to properly route and publish IPV6 for commercial ISP/Datacenter, trust me, we are present in their Datacenters, and struggle with IPV6 for 2 moths now.

They even published internal 10.0.0.0/8 ip's in BGP a few moths ago, so as it seems, routing is difficult for most.

10 G at RDS is 450 USD / 1 G, so that is an astronomical 4500 USD for 10G, this is the list price.

At 4500 USD I can get TELIA or any other high grade provider anywhere in the world.

For residential, they give you with low price, as you will never use 100% of bandwitch, and even if you do, not everybody does that, so they can oversell a 10G line to ~1.000 clients.

The 95% of home use internet speed is around 40-65 Mbps.

Problems start at ISP service providers, as they ( us ) will eat all the line, and that is a problem for them, hence the high price.

Telekom, that merged with Orange, had quite a good technical team, as it turns out they did not migrate to Orange.

Vodafone is even worse.

So basically in ro you are left either DIGI or Orange. Other providers, like TELIA, COGNET, GTS are usually only present in Datacenters. So for those that do "HOME HOSTING" getting a decent line in a residential area is quite difficult. I do admire the perseverance of those who try.

Either way, DIGI has a better technical team over Orange, that is a fact, but things move slow.

iHostART & HAZI.ro, we HOST-C respect your efforts. :smile:

Hey!
    In my case, both providers handled IPv4 & IPv6 routing well, but I have other remarks:
    1. Orange has prices more than 25% lower than Digi and offers more professionally implemented solutions, but when we talk about BGP routing, if I leave the default priority, the Orange connection is never used to the detriment of the one we have and with Digi because Digi has much better peering.
    2. Digi does overselling more or less consciously by ignoring feasibility studies before implementation. HAZI.ro had 900Mbps guaranteed by them, which in fact was a maximum of 700Mbps because they in the central hub received 800Mbps in my area, after which they also served other customers and then we received the 900Mbps for which we paid 36 euros per 100Mbps guaranteed. (including VAT - contract with the obligation to pay for at least 2 years even if we wanted to cancel early).
    3. Orange handled both IPv4 and IPv6 routing well and also offers technical support to ensure that the BGP session is active and within normal parameters. RCS&RDS, on the other hand, is very dirty when it comes to BGP because it gave incorrect IP addresses to the team that came to do the installation, it left us waiting a few weeks for certain BGP changes that will be active from the 1st of the following month after which, when we didn't see any change, we were told that what we want is impossible to offer and what's worse, they don't offer support at all. Any technical problem you have that is related to BGP, you are answered with "we do not offer technical support unless there is a contract signed in this regard (obviously, services of 50+ euros per month)", even though most of the time the problems were with them, entire weeks were lost to find out and correct this.

• @dclink said:
    After rebooting the system, the system cant be reloaded and accessed (Connection timed out). Recently, the network connectivity is too bad, the speed when I typed the command is so so slow, it was almost stuck on the screen after typing the command. :(

@Calin, Sorry for disturbing you, however, your support is much appreciated.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Still waiting for IPv6. This is important, please don't leave it hanging like colocrossing.

• Invoice #1632
    Thank you :)

• @Calin Just weekly question, when will the IPv6 be available? Lol

• how to get domain proxied?

• @Calin said:
    All VPS delivery now , sorry for the long time delivery , stock off for now , lot of work in background , ram memory upgrade for all in next 3 days

You could use a script to parse LET comments to read the invoice numbers and issue the commands to double the RAM if the invoice exists in a database and is valid. I can write something in selenium for €20. This is easy to do if all the VPS administration commands can be issued via command line, otherwise if you use some web admin panel it could be a mess.

@davide said: You could use a script

I think he won't do this kind of an offer again.

Thanked by 1Calin

@Calin said:

Regards,
    Calin

Seriously, North Korean? :o No wonder the routing doesn't work, it is radioactive and interferes with the chips flipping bits left right and center.

• Web server is down Error code 521

• Dead pooling or just vacations?