Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS lies about ugvps ownership - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS lies about ugvps ownership

Comments

• @DomainBop said:
    It's a publicly available phone number listed as ChicagoVPS

I guess that's fair enough then.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Nice well then that saves a lot of work on the mods end.

• NarutoNaruto Member
    edited December 2013

If a host has any affiliation with ColoCrossing, just boycott them.

Also, stop using this site. Way too much censorship.

How much evidence, doubt, and unsurprising surprises does it require for you to learn your lesson?

[hashtag=boldtext]RIPdrmikemissingaldryic2muchfuckccvpsboardsuckstoospiritcensorsqualityposts

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @Naruto said:
    If a host has any affiliation with ColoCrossing, just boycott them.

Also, stop using this site. Way too much censorship.

How much evidence, doubt, and unsurprising surprises does it require for you to learn your lesson?

[hashtag=boldtext]RIPdrmikemissingaldryic2muchfuckccvpsboardsuckstoospiritcensorsqualityposts

I disagree with boycotting. There are many good people that have some sort of affiliation with ColoCrossing.

They need to make a living, and they got a good deal from CC, or they are afraid of CC, and many other motives.

Don't throw away the whole barrel because of a few bad apples.

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@vRozenSch00n said:
    I disagree with boycotting. There are many good people that have some sort of affiliation with ColoCrossing.

They need to make a living, and they got a good deal from CC, or they are afraid of CC, and many other motives.

So you'd rather let CC continue exploiting these "good people" as a shield for their shady business practices?

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • joepie91 said: So you'd rather let CC continue exploiting these "good people" as a shield for their shady business practices?

No! We have to help the good people out of bondage, should there be any, and safe the forum if it is still possible.

@vRozenSch00n said:
    No! We have to help the good people out of bondage, should there be any, and safe the forum if it is still possible.

Then, to be perfectly honest, boycotting would be the optimal approach.

The point of boycotting is to force a change of behaviour, not to kill off a company.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited December 2013

joepie91 said: Then, to be perfectly honest, boycotting would be the optimal approach.

Boycotting is the last option I will take when thing is unbearable, but yes I'll take it when it needs be.

I believe readers here are still waiting the response of the other party involved in relation with the presented proof/evidence.

• "And I need the winning powerball ticket. How does it feel to want ?"

such sass from chris

• @vRozenSch00n said:

No, throw the barrel away because their network sucks and they've been promising IPv6 since 2011.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • As someone whose been lurking the whole UGVPS drama, this is pretty crazy.

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited December 2013

nunim said: No, throw the barrel away because their network sucks and they've been promising IPv6 since 2011.

He he he. Throw the barrel and the bad apples away, safe the good apples into new barrel?

• The story is so @tragic.

Thanked by 2ihatetonyy Steve81
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
  • @Maounique is that Prometeus official comment on this situation?

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • @Maounique - haven't seen that video is years!

• @OkieDoke said:
    These threads make me laugh.
    Who gives a shit who owns what? If the company does well, great! If the company does bad then just avoid using them. Simple.

I would love to. I've seen the way Chris handles customers on this forum, and I'd decided since a long time that I'd never use ChicagoVPS while he manages it.

However imagine my emotion on understanding that UGVPS which I used to use was actually owned by him, and he had the audacity to lie about it in front of the whole community. I simply don't trust a provider who lies to your face.

Why spend hours arguing on a forum about who did what on the internet.
    There are far more important things going on in the world to worry about than this childish nonsense.

Oh yea, but if you cared about them, you wouldn't be reading this thread, would you?

mpkossen you definitely are too nice on LET. Add a new rule, flame threads or threads designed to cause arguments/disagreements are not allowed. Break the rule and you break their anal virginity. Or ban them.

Oppression is never the solution to anything. This is a forum, and unless there's something to hide, why is there a need to filter out, delete threads or ban someone?

Personally, I'm not one who hates Colocrossing. A number of my VPSes are on CC servers, and I love many of these. I also love LEB and LET for the value for money that these offers provide me.

But I would love it more if I could trust the administrators and moderators of this site to stand for truth and credibility, and not try to hide information. There are far better ways to contest a point, by reasoning and fair arguments. LET shouldn't be a totalitarian forum, whoever be the owner.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@jarland yes.

As should members for attempting to harm companies without absolute proof.

Thanked by 2MCHPhil Wintereise
  • @joelgm said:

Well I actually have something to throw in the mix now - 198.144.176.161 (host.colocrossing.com) is spamming my box trying to get into root lol.

I'm not worried because of password logins being disabled and I'm using a passphrase protected key pair.

Nonetheless, someone on that hostname is trying to be funny lol.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2013

@AnthonySmith said:
    jarland yes.

As should members for attempting to harm companies without absolute proof.

If this doesn't do it for you, nothing will. I'm sorry but that's that. If we need stool samples to ever determine when people here have been defrauded then we have set the bar impossibly high and made a haven for scammers.

@jarland huh?

It does do it for me. my other point stands though.

• @OkieDoke said:

That can be a CLIENT, not necessary colocrossing/CVPS them selves.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n

@AnthonySmith said:
    jarland huh?

It does do it for me. my other point stands though.

Cool, I thought I read a different implied meaning :)

edited December 2013

To be clear here, I never had better expectations of Chris. This is barely about him. I have forced a choice, in which walking away chooses one by default. A choice to prove that integrity can be found in the leadership here or to kill any doubt about the matter. This is about LEB, not Chris, for me.

There is no outcome in which I do not get the answer that I seek.

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n mikho
  • Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited December 2013

Keep 'em coming @Jarland. This entire situation makes me laugh out loud. Mr @mpkossen wont allow me advertise Virtual6 here, because I have openly and honestly owned other businesses and stayed on the right side of the law. But he's fine with fraud and deception, as long as it's coming from the people that pay his wage.

@mpkossen doesn't give a shit about the community, he does what @jbiloh tells him to do without question, he's essentially a lap dog. As for @jbiloh, well he claims he doesn't even know who i am, even though I can point out multiple sources which prove this is BS (He also claimed he didn't know who prometus was in another thread).

Let's face it LET users, @jbiloh and co are treating you like dumb asses and if you want to lap it all up like a nice Sunday roast then who are we to stop you. How many times are people going to believe the "We're not connected, it's a coincidence" crap, seriously how many times?

The fat controller is probably going to get the lap dog to ban me now. Over and out.

@OkieDoke said:
    host.colocrossing.com

That's a generic standard rDNS.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited December 2013

Ash_Hawkridge said: @mpkossen doesn't give a shit about the community, he does what @jbiloh tells him to do without question, he's essentially a lap dog. As for @jbiloh, well he claims he doesn't even know who i am, even though I can point out multiple sources which prove this is BS (He also claimed he didn't know who prometus was in another thread).

By disallowing you to post he's showed some care for the LEB/LET guests. I guess you can be angry by that, now that you can't advertise here will you shut down too? SysIT or whatever seems to have disappeared as well quite quickly.

What if your 'boss' / 'owner' told you to do something you were against, you would ignore him too and tell him to go do one?

edited December 2013

Well few points here in the interest of fairness.

1) You were legal, but honest? people were annoyed because of the here to stay claims which turned out to be false and that is deception.

2) @Jarland has provided absolute 100% proof that CVPS owns ugvps however no one has been able to prove CC owns CVPS or actually ANYTHING else for that matter in terms of actual evidence, only coincidence has been shown.

Personally I think people are being FAR to nasty with @mpkossen like he is some punching bag, he is helping the community here just because he is a mod here does not mean he has access to CVPS or CC's internal affairs.

People need to stop being complete arse holes around here and present findings, questions and concerns in a grown up manner it is exactly because of the half baked rant approach while using coincidence as proof absolute that to be honest most people simply don't care any more, frankly I don't give 2 shits if it turns out CC own CVPS or Ramnode or if it turns out uncle Sal owns seflow etc etc.

What I do care about is the CONSTANT effort being made to do the public foot stamping and finger pointing that just turns a place all negative.

What we do know is that CC own LEB/T, they OWN it what the hell has it got to do with anyone else how they run it, if you don't like it then leave, if you don't leave then deal with it, but don't be one of those people who claims to have left on the moral high ground and then actually never does and spends an unhealthy amount of time stirring up crap.

• @AnthonySmith Boss, mind that blood pressure. :P

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited December 2013

I think what we have is mixed messages. Jon seems to be implying that LET is largely left for @mpkossen to deal with as he sees fit, and as such any inaction on his part is seen as bowing to his 'evil overlords'. Whether this is real picture is another matter entirely.

This discussion has been closed.