Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS lies about ugvps ownership - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS lies about ugvps ownership

Comments

• loydloyd Member
    edited December 2013

In my opinion LLC is legal person and account on site like this, Facebook account, Twitter account, etc are company assets that may or may not be part of the purchase. These assets may or may not belong to company, rather than CEO, marketing director or company owner.

Also, identity theft happens when impersonator acts without impersonated approval. If there is an agreement, e.g. POA, there is no identity theft. If transfered LLC owned online credentials or new owner obtained permission from previous owner, there is no fraud nor identity theft.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You can call me some "we" all you want. I am me and I stand for myself and the community here that had been so kind to me. Frankly I am extremely insulted that you have to take your grudge against someone else out on me because I'm asking you to perform your duty as administrator of this site.

Thanked by 1Netsat
  • @jarland said:
    You know darn well this is the first I've posted any of this. Stop lumping me with other people.

Make a bold claim, back it with evidence. I want to see evidence towards this one, for I see evidence to the contrary. Granted, not quite this level of hysteria, but still.

When you purchase a VPS, you purchase a service. Generally attached to such a service is specifications, such as location, bandwidth, ram, disk, et cetera. In this case, you're on servers metaphorically labeled "ugvps". Unless there's some sort of magic allowing multiple companies occupy one physical server, you're not on servers metaphorically labeled "chicagovps". You're not on servers metaphorically labeled "edis". You're on servers metaphorically labeled "ugvps". Claims like "fraud", "scam", the sorts are completely asanine. You purchased something, all given specifications were given.

Now what I do see is someone obtaining access to emails not destined to them. That IS a violation of Wiretap statutes, and quite possibly depending on the evidence provided Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited December 2013

@Rallias said:
    Now what I do see is someone obtaining access to emails not destined to them. That IS a violation of Wiretap statutes, and quite possibly depending on the evidence provided Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.

Is it illegal for Crystal to access what is registered in Crystal's name? According to whois, Crystal is the one that owns the domain.

Thanked by 1wrox
    edited December 2013

@Rallias Consumers have a right to know when moving companies puts them under the same people. A market which allows them to hide this is a market that loses it's integrity and therefore it's value to consumers over time. No laws were broken. If you believe they were, I'll give you my address and you can send the police to my door. I know my rights.

@SkylarM said:
    Is it illegal for Crystal to access what is registered in Crystal's name? According to whois, Crystal is the one that owns the domain.

And willingly provide it as evidence of fraudulent activity to warn consumers.

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited December 2013

SkylarM said: Is it illegal for Crystal to access what is registered in Crystal's name?

Ok, I guess I misinterpreted "that's all I'm going to say" as illegitimate access.

jarland said: If you believe they were, I'll give you my address and you can send the police to my door.

I wouldn't wish the police on anyone.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2013

@GuanYu said:
    I try. But every day some keyboard freedom fighter open new one to tweet about Chris last move and demand rights. And it's not even original, just vpsboard re-post. Yes, Chris is alive! I know now. Thank you. Can we move on?

It's not like the threads have misleading titles. It's trivial to avoid these threads.

mpkossen said: I think that's your source, by the way. If that is true, you've just lost your credibility.

Sorry, what? That seems like a mediocre cop-out to avoid dealing with the issue.

Rallias said: Now what I do see is someone obtaining access to emails not destined to them.

Actually, aside from it being complete insanity to make a claim like that without the sufficient information, it's very unlikely that that is true. More likely that the e-mails have been forwarded by whoever now has control over the domain. No wiretapping law violations there.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Wow

Thanked by 2jebat_ks jamson
    edited December 2013

@joepie91 A cop out is exactly what it is. Maarten now simply wants to connect me with people he's already dismissed so he can simply claim to have already dismissed me previously and that somehow nullifies his responsibilities.

Prove me wrong by doing your job here Maarten, instead of insulting me because you don't like what I brought to the table. I didn't make Chris do this, I didn't make other people post similar topics, and I didn't make you get to the point where you have to try to dismiss me to feel better about openly admitting, by lack of action, that you will not maintain any sense of integrity on this site.

Prove me wrong, I want you to. I want you to restore integrity. I am not declaring you hopeless, I am challenging you to be better.

What you do now is up to you. You can dismiss me or deal with the issue. I will accept your choice. The community will have finally had sufficient information to judge the integrity, or lack thereof, of this website. I will have performed my duty to those who did so much for me. I go to bed knowing I did what I thought was right. That's a good feeling.

Thanked by 3Mitsuhashi Netsat wrox
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@jarland said:
    I am not declaring you hopeless, I am challenging you to be better.

I like this part

• MitsuhashiMitsuhashi Member
    edited December 2013

@loyd said:
    In my opinion LLC is legal person and account on site like this, Facebook account, Twitter account, etc are company assets that may or may not be part of the purchase. These assets may or may not belong to company, rather than CEO, marketing director or company owner.

An LLC is a legal entity. Not a legal person. Huge difference.
    A stakeholder (partner/member/shareholder) is NOT the LLC.

Thus, any account labeled UGVPS/UGeekVPS/whatever company can be sold and consequently used by the purchaser to continue its marketing/support/whatever. I don't know if this is the case here, but if the account name is personal, it's a totally different story, especially if the exchange was unannounced and the account was used to mislead followers for commercial gain.

Also, identity theft happens when impersonator acts without impersonated approval. If there is an agreement, e.g. POA, there is no identity theft. If transfered LLC owned online credentials or new owner obtained permission from previous owner, there is no fraud nor identity theft.

You've heard of POA. Good. You're totally wrong in how it can be used. You still have to sign your name as yourself and declare your title as POA/Attorney-in-fact/whatever. You can't hide your identity and sign yourself as Bill Gates even if he gave you POA to sign for something on his behalf, especially when money is involved. And you must show a copy of said POA when requested by the receiving party, otherwise the receiving party has the right to reject your signature.

For example, it doesn't matter if you have a POA from Jeff Bezos to sign a check on his behalf. Good luck trying to do that without giving the bank a copy of your POA.

Another example, let's say my name is Realtor Antonio, and I have a POA from George Washington to sign a land sale contract on his behalf. I sign myself as Realtor Antonio, Attorney-in-Fact, and attach a copy of the POA to the contract. I do NOT sign as George Washington.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • mpkossen said: Jesus, you guys don't give me a break, do you?

That's because we love you, brother. :)

Thanked by 1Mitsuhashi
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I say that this post by jarland is different then most of the posts by pubcrawler/drmike/smablowski.
    This actually has some value to it.

I am one of the people who brings moral to the table when shopping for a vps (atleast i imagine i do) and there are some people I would never do business with, unless changes are made.
    By hiding the fact that the same people are behind other companys is only their attempt to attract the customers who won't do business with them in the first place.

When things like this do come up, it drives people like me further away of doing business with the ones who lied to me.

There are some on this board I won't do business with as situations are now, no matter if they would offer me the same product for less money. I'm fortunate that way that I have enough to go around without being rich so I ca be picky that way.

Good work jarland on bringing this out in the open writing it in a mature way, asking to be taken serious. I approve this message. :)

• @GuanYu said:
    Nothing to be glad about. I will open it again tomorrow and see new posts where some random guy demand justice because Chris farted at public place.
    Shitty situation, I tell ya man. But thanks.

Feeding false information that makes a significant difference in a purchasing decision is blatant fraud. It's pretty different from feeding false information that doesn't make a significant difference. Chris Fabozzi farts in public. I fart in public. You fart in public. It's involuntary and little bits trickle out even when you try to hold it. :)

But lying to earn money is different. When the reputation of a service or product's owner matters in purchase decisions (and it does for Mr. Fabozzi's customers because he is pretty controversial), you just can't say you're someone else or that someone else owns your company/dba/brand without breaking the law, much less morals.

He might make $1 by lying, and that would just get a laugh out of anybody you're reporting "fraud" to, but if he even made $1 each from a thousand people by doing this, it's a different story.

Private company or not, certain disclosures are required, and you can't lie about things that affect money changing hands. It's not even about morality. It's about protecting your own ass as you put food on your table. Don't think so? Try lying on the financial statements you submit to get bank loans "just because my company's non-public and nobody can make me disclose anything".

• joepie91 said: That seems like a mediocre cop-out to avoid dealing with the issue.

It may seem like that, but that's definitely not my intention. I'm just stating things the way I see them. pubcrawler has an unhealthy obsession with anything in Buffalo, NY. He sent me the proof long before jarland came up with it. He got it from Crystal. I don't know how things went, but I just have the idea he would go really far to "take down" his arch enemy.

I find it interesting, though, that this thread is directed at me and not at CVPS. It feels like @jarland (and whomever is helping him) is trying to test me and not like he's trying to help the community or get a response from CVPS. I probably should have done what I would have normally done: wait it out, see what CVPS says and after a while come in and try to act as good as I can. My great weakness is sometimes that I interfere too quickly.

I'm also getting the impression that it really doesn't matter what I say or do. The single goal here seems to trigger me and to have me act against CVPS and/or UGVPS or admit there's special treatment for some.

So, I'm going to do what I would normally do. See how this works out (not ignoring it) and probably give another response later.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

You can also accept that you cannot do anything and step down, leave someone else do their bidding, trust me, it aint worth it.
    At the end of the day, when everyone forgot everything, YOU will still remember it.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2013

@mpkossen said:
    It may seem like that, but that's definitely not my intention. I'm just stating things the way I see them. pubcrawler has an unhealthy obsession with anything in Buffalo, NY. He sent me the proof long before jarland came up with it. He got it from Crystal. I don't know how things went, but I just have the idea he would go really far to "take down" his arch enemy.

What I find worrying is that you seem to be using this "obsession" as an excuse not to act on the evidence he presents. Not only is it unclear whether this is actually an "obsession" or whether he has legitimate reasons for doing this, pubcrawlers attitude is also completely - and I mean completely - unrelated to whether the evidence he presents is valid or not. If you are letting your judgment of the evidence be affected by your personal perception of pubcrawler, you are doing something very wrong.

I find it interesting, though, that this thread is directed at me and not at CVPS. It feels like @jarland (and whomever is helping him) is trying to test me and not like he's trying to help the community or get a response from CVPS. I probably should have done what I would have normally done: wait it out, see what CVPS says and after a while come in and try to act as good as I can. My great weakness is sometimes that I interfere too quickly.

I think it is directed at you, primarily because so far you have both defended ColoCrossing, and stated that you care about the community. Given that ColoCrossing doesn't seem to give a flying fuck about the community here (and it doesn't really matter what they say, when their actions show otherwise), this contradiction does not sit well with people, and they're looking for answers as to what you find more important: ColoCrossing, or the community.

I'm also getting the impression that it really doesn't matter what I say or do.

I believe jarland very explicitly indicated otherwise.

The single goal here seems to trigger me and to have me act against CVPS and/or UGVPS or admit there's special treatment for some.

I'm not sure there is any other conclusion to be drawn from the available evidence. With the usual complete lack of transparency and information from the side of ColoCrossing, the only reasonable conclusion to draw is that the evidence presented is legitimate - at least to such a degree that it shows less-than-honest practices from ColoCrossing and their 'affiliates'. If you, as a community admin, do not act on this information (but supposedly want to "protect the community"), there is only one conclusion - and that is one of hypocrisy and favoritism, regardless of the reasons for that.

So, I'm going to do what I would normally do. See how this works out (not ignoring it) and probably give another response later.

I hope that an actual response from your side will be forthcoming, and that this isn't an empty shell like ColoCrossing loves to hand out - easily promised, easily forgotten.

• VPNVPN Member
    edited December 2013

These threads make me laugh.
    Who gives a shit who owns what? If the company does well, great! If the company does bad then just avoid using them. Simple.

Why spend hours arguing on a forum about who did what on the internet.

There are far more important things going on in the world to worry about than this childish nonsense.

@mpkossen you definitely are too nice on LET. Add a new rule, flame threads or threads designed to cause arguments/disagreements are not allowed. Break the rule and you break their anal virginity. Or ban them.

• @mpkossen said:
    Let's wait for Chris' response.

I have been waiting, where is chris's response? Why is Smabowlski banned?

• Subject: SMS with 7164357305

Date: Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 11:46 PM
    To: [email protected]

Crystal pick up the phone I know you are awake. This is Chris

Date: Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 11:47 PM
    To: 7164357305 7164357305@unknown.email

What do you want?

Date: Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 11:48 PM

We need to have a serious discussion

On the phone, I'm not a child

Talk

This is more serious than you realize, so I suggest you answe

Or text, I should say

Date: Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I have children that are sleeping, I will not answer... so start typing

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Did he answer you

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:12 AM

No...I'll try again.... what do you want me to say to him?

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I just want this resolved so I can get paid. I know he can't do business properly without the domain. If you don't want to owe what he owes I'd suggest g

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:15 AM

iving it back and ensuring your name is off the company if it is still there

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Any luck?

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:25 AM

If you didn't purchase UGVPS, then why did you give Tom $5,000

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:28 AM

For work

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:28 AM

He worked for me and asked for an advance to move

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Tom has taken a lot of money from from with promises he never kept, it's a big reason why I am perusing this because I'm don't getting screwed over for b

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:31 AM

eing a nice guy

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:32 AM

$5,000? Isn't that a little much to drive to NY?

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:33 AM

He said he had no money and needed it for an apartment/furniture

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Two bean bags?

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I just spoke with Tom. He told me he is hiding from you.

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Alright, well I need your address then to have stuff sent over

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:55 AM

What kind of stuff? I'm not paying bills that tom racked up, those are business decisions he made.

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:56 AM

But your claiming the business, which now makes it possible for me to persue it

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:57 AM

I'm not claiming "the business", I'm claiming my domain.

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 1:00 AM

The domain is business property. I'm not going to explain this any further. I'll need and address to send the court order

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I need that information

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 3:28 PM

And I need the winning powerball ticket. How does it feel to want ?

Date: Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 3:39 PM

• Golden.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2013

I can verify the phone number as @cvps_chris if anyone has doubts, honestly I guess if people needed to verify it they could just call it :) Obviously nobody should call Chris.

• SMS with 7163455614
    SMS
    x

7163455614 7163455614@unknown.email
    Dec 16 (2 days ago)

to me
    Crystal it's tom this fucking girl is fucking nuts she's worse than joe I swear

Dec 16 (2 days ago)

to me
    I'm coming right to your moms

Dec 16 (2 days ago)

to me
    I love you I'm sorry

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • I guess the burning question now would be: who is 'Joe' and how bad is he, as without that information we can't accurately judge how fucking nuts this fucking girl is.

• To be fair, Chris' number should be scrubbed from the above, given that ryanarp has already verified the number. Having that info there gives cause to have the thread removed.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited December 2013

@Nekki said:
    To be fair, Chris' number should be scrubbed from the above, given that ryanarp has already verified the number. Having that info there gives cause to have the thread removed.

Or an honest moderator would just edit her post rather than delete this whole thread.

Thanked by 3Nekki wrox JahAGR
  • mitpattersonmitpatterson Member
    edited December 2013

Edit:
    I agree we should have the #'s scrubbed so @cvps_chris isn't getting called a bunch at 4 am

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2013

@spirit or @mpkossen, probably good idea to scrub the numbers and replace with the proper names.

• @Nekki said:
    To be fair, Chris' number should be scrubbed from the above, given that ryanarp has already verified the number. Having that info there gives cause to have the thread removed.

It's a publicly available phone number listed as ChicagoVPS

This discussion has been closed.