Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alexhost.com - Web Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation (MD) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alexhost.com - Web Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation (MD)

Comments

• I admire them before and I was really planning on staying with them for good but I don't think that it is still possible. Ticket #943723. My site has a very bad uptime, I would say it is stable downtime lol. Before I was getting 10-20 minutes downtime a day like DAILY. But recently after I put a good word and reviews about them, my VPS has been for almost an hour a day and has been very slow for few hours during peak hours. I ask them what's going and how we can fix this and they have 2 responses that keeps on repeating.

1. It is cloudflare's fault, nothing is wrong in our server. (Turned off cloudflare and my site became worse.) lol
    2. You have a misconfiguration and you need to hire a sys admin. (misconfiguration which only felt during peak hours and misconfiguration that affects others alexhost custome.) hmmm

well, I was endorsing them and giving them awesome reviews but I guess I have to warm future and current customers to be careful with them and I hope they will fix whatever issue they currently have.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • Alexhost is expensive when you compare them against other providers, especially at their price point. I don't really see any reason to use them over a cheaper, more performant server from another provider on the forum and sticking a LUX slice from BuyVM in front of it if you're into the DMCA-ignored angle.

• they have cheap yearly plans. 60 euros for 1 year with 4gb ram and 2 cores running at 2.1.

Just stay far away from them as possible. Go for hostslick, buyvm, privatealps and any other dmca ignore hosting.

• alt_alt_ Member
    edited March 2023

Just saw that Z-library is using your services, which is pretty cool.

• @aqqtran said:
    Alexhost is expensive when you compare them against other providers, especially at their price point. I don't really see any reason to use them over a cheaper, more performant server from another provider on the forum and sticking a LUX slice from BuyVM in front of it if you're into the DMCA-ignored angle.

"exotic location" - there are many things that wouldn't fly in LUX but would be fine in Moldova.

Thanked by 2alexhost greentea
  • alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider

@securer said:
    I admire them before and I was really planning on staying with them for good but I don't think that it is still possible. Ticket #943723. My site has a very bad uptime, I would say it is stable downtime lol. Before I was getting 10-20 minutes downtime a day like DAILY. But recently after I put a good word and reviews about them, my VPS has been for almost an hour a day and has been very slow for few hours during peak hours. I ask them what's going and how we can fix this and they have 2 responses that keeps on repeating.

1. It is cloudflare's fault, nothing is wrong in our server. (Turned off cloudflare and my site became worse.) lol
    2. You have a misconfiguration and you need to hire a sys admin. (misconfiguration which only felt during peak hours and misconfiguration that affects others alexhost custome.) hmmm

well, I was endorsing them and giving them awesome reviews but I guess I have to warm future and current customers to be careful with them and I hope they will fix whatever issue they currently have.

Hello, Dear Securer.

I received the information that your VPS doesn't have enough resources for high peak time.

You can refuse to upgrade, but we can't do anything if you can't upgrade.
    Upgrade to another VPS or Dedicated Server. You can try to ask to move to another node. But we don't see big chances here.

@aqqtran said:
    Alexhost is expensive when you compare them against other providers, especially at their price point. I don't really see any reason to use them over a cheaper, more performant server from another provider on the forum and sticking a LUX slice from BuyVM in front of it if you're into the DMCA-ignored angle.

Did you know that before war, prices of energy is a issue in Moldova. Costs also are not cheap as you may think. That is someone that tell you that OVH is more cheap.

You can't compare. We don't consider expensive, but Hey who are us to tell that?

Best Regards,
    Alexhost

Thanked by 2treesmokah lonea
  • @treesmokah said:

@aqqtran said:

"exotic location" - there are many things that wouldn't fly in LUX but would be fine in Moldova.

Such as?

Thanked by 1greentea
  • treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited March 2023

@aqqtran said:

@treesmokah said:

@aqqtran said:

Such as?

Luxembourg is under European union, they have rough "free speech" regulations. Ignoring DMCA is one thing, but in higher profile cases BREIN(or similar) will come knocking.

Moldova is not in European union(yet) thus you can do anything permitted by local laws, you don't have to look for "additional" ones like in EU.

Generally both locations are fairly decent, but for "western" free speech - Moldova will be better.

• LeviLevi Member

@treesmokah said: for "western" free speech - Moldova will be better.

Imagine high profile pirated IPTV provider will land in Moldova. Millions of LEU being generated. ACE comes to Moldova and communicates with AGEPI (or whatever they called after 2011 EU "help"). It will certainly be raided and owners jailed/extradited because why not make favor for other country?

There is no developed country in Euroasia (except russia and belarus) which wouldn't bend under the ACE or any other big copyright cartel pressure and void any "there is no DMCA law in my country" blabber.

Naturally you may have doubts in these statements. You are free to challenge this with your own little IPTV enterprise.

edited March 2023

@LTniger said: Imagine high profile pirated IPTV provider will land in Moldova. Millions of LEU being generated. ACE comes to Moldova and communicates with AGEPI (or whatever they called after 2011 EU "help"). It will certainly be raided and owners jailed/extradited because why not make favor for other country?

I highly doubt ACE will come anywhere close Moldova.
    I'm not aware of a single case where it did.
    Not to mention that they are NOT an Agency, they are a funny "coalition" between streaming mafia. They have no legal power on its own, the best they can do is sue.

The point of extradition is when both laws are broken(local and of the country that wants you to be jailed there) - I wish anyone good luck proving that its the case in Moldova.

@LTniger said: There is no developed country in Euroasia (except russia and belarus) which wouldn't bend under the ACE or any other big copyright cartel pressure and void any "there is no DMCA law in my country" blabber.

That's not true. DMCA is a form of reporting per Digital Millennium Copyright Act. You, as the person that doesn't host shit in the USA - do not have to reply to them. DMCA is not equal to copyright laws, hosting providers should react to "local versions of dmca"(if they are present in the first place). Advertising "DMCA ignore" is not illegal in any country that is not USA.
    ACE can suck a fat one outside US and eventually parts of EU.

@LTniger said: Naturally you may have doubts in these statements. You are free to challenge this with your own little IPTV enterprise.

I have never run any IPTV site and I have no experience in doing so.
    But what I have experience in, is making foreign lawyers upset because they don't understand that their laws don't equal my laws.

Not to mention that I pointed out "free speech" and not piracy.
    Pretty distasteful to mix those two. Free speech is a human right that is steadily taken away from us. Piracy("DMCA ignore" does not equal "suited for Piracy" as I pointed above) is not a human right, rather a form of protest against big corporations and their funny rules.

Thanked by 1alexhost
    edited March 2023

@LTniger said:

@treesmokah said: for "western" free speech - Moldova will be better.

Imagine high profile pirated IPTV provider will land in Moldova. Millions of LEU being generated. ACE comes to Moldova and communicates with AGEPI (or whatever they called after 2011 EU "help"). It will certainly be raided and owners jailed/extradited because why not make favor for other country?

There is no developed country in Euroasia (except russia and belarus) which wouldn't bend under the ACE or any other big copyright cartel pressure and void any "there is no DMCA law in my country" blabber.

Naturally you may have doubts in these statements. You are free to challenge this with your own little IPTV enterprise.

Hello LTNiger.

People makes a lot of confusion, we never said that we ignore or we don't comply with Moldova laws. We always told and we obey to any Moldova law in our country. That means if we receive a cooperation between moldova and other organizations we need to shutdown.

There are things that we can't do or tolerate. We tolerate and we respect privacy of client. We love freedom of speech, but if we receive any notification from part of Republic of Moldova, we need to act. That's why the laws are made.

We don't use excuses. We need to respect our country and where the servers are. That is something that we need to do.

I see your posts and understand some of your concerns, but we as we have said before obey the laws. We are no judge to determine what is right or wrong, that is what justice and courts exist for.

Obviously certain decisions have to be made and be respected. The fact that we allow freedom of expression doesn't mean that we don't obey the laws.

People call our services what they want. You are free to use it or not use it.

Regarding our country, we are not yet a member of Europe, so it is a "safe" place, and when I say safe, I mean it in plain English. Some content is allowed. And it is an "exotic" place, as you said, but with pros and cons.

The Republic of Moldova is a great place for free speech. We have never had a problem with it so far.

Now regarding IPTV, we are no judge. So we stay neutral about it, we are not obliged to supervise if a client has license to use X or Y image.

We obey the law, we are not police or criminal investigators, that's why they exist.

By the way we have prizes of 200$, 100$ that will be deposited in the users account. This event is limited until March 15th. It can be found on our social networks and telegram! :)

edited March 2023

New location, new opportunities - welcome to the Netherlands with AlexHost.com ✨

Following Moldova, we are expanding our presence in Europe, and now we are in the Netherlands.😎

🟢VPS in the new location are available based on Intel Xeon on NVMe drives.
    And you can already order your server on the site: https://alexhost.com/vps/vps-netherlands/

✔️ And as always, we do not forget about our good tradition and announce a nice bonus in honor of the opening of a new location.
    🟢When creating an application, specify the promo code VPSNL and get a 10% discount on all available services.
    ❗️The code will be valid until the end of April 2023.

Place an order:
    https://alexhost.com/vps/vps-netherlands/

Read more about the information:
    https://alexhost.com/blog/new-location-new-opportunities-welcome-to-the-netherlands-with-alexhost-com/

💪 AlexHost.com - we are the hosting that takes care of its client!

Thanked by 1treesmokah
    edited March 2023

@alexhost said:

New location, new opportunities - welcome to the Netherlands with AlexHost.com ✨

Following Moldova, we are expanding our presence in Europe, and now we are in the Netherlands.😎

And you can already order your server on the site: https://alexhost.com/vps/vps-netherlands/

✔️ And as always, we do not forget about our good tradition and announce a nice bonus in honor of the opening of a new location.
    🟢When creating an application, specify the promo code VPSNL and get a 10% discount on all available services.

Place an order:

https://alexhost.com/blog/new-location-new-opportunities-welcome-to-the-netherlands-with-alexhost-com/

Hey,

Nice to see you expand.
    Are you going to use Serverius default 10Gbps DDoS protection there?
    Or do you have any plans on integrating more powerful one like you do in Moldova already?

edited March 2023

@treesmokah said:

@alexhost said:

Place an order:

Hey,

Nice to see you expand.
    Or do you have any plans on integrating more powerful one like you do in Moldova already?

Hello, Dear Treesmokah.

Yes we will use 10Gbps protection there. for now.
    Rules still the same of Moldova Location, but of course we need to obey to Dutch laws.

Yes we want to make it better and improving it once we grow, improvements will be made.
    Best Regards,

Thanked by 1treesmokah
    edited March 2023

@alexhost said:

@treesmokah said:

@alexhost said:

Place an order:

Hey,

Nice to see you expand.

Hello, Dear Treesmokah.

Rules still the same of Moldova Location, but of course we need to obey to Dutch laws.

Yes we want to make it better and improving it once we grow, improvements will be made.
    Best Regards,

Any plans on faster ports in the NL?
    100Mbps seems quite small for NL, for MD its acceptable though.

Also is the 100Mbps dedicated to a VM, or shared and connected to a hypervisor?
    Are they "flat ports"(100Mbps on 100Mbps line) or 95th(for example 100Mbps on 1Gig port)?

@treesmokah said:

@alexhost said:

@treesmokah said:

@alexhost said:

Place an order:

Hey,

Nice to see you expand.

Hello, Dear Treesmokah.

Best Regards,

Any plans on faster ports in the NL?
    100Mbps seems quite small for NL, for MD its acceptable though.

Also is the 100Mbps dedicated to a VM, or shared and connected to a hypervisor?
    Are they "flat ports"(100Mbps on 100Mbps line) or 95th(for example 100Mbps on 1Gig port)?

Hello, Dear Treesmokah

Since is a new location, for now remains 100Mbps, but of course we want to bring new things soon. At this moment we launch Netherlands that we have been working since some months.

Our Hypervisors have 20Gbps speed (Per hypervisor), but for the VM we set 100Mbps.
    We want to do this step by step and assure that we can maintain a good service and of course upgrading it a little bit once it allows us to do.

But Netherlands still focused in the same rules of Moldova, except the law which was changed to other country. We still support freedom of speech.

Thanks! :wink:

Thanked by 1treesmokah
  • @alexhost can you tell me cpu/yabs for Netherlands location vps?

• TeoMTeoM Member

Suppose the FBI is at the door or has threatened your family either to give out the data or something bad will happen to them would you give out data ?

• VoidVoid Member

@TeoM said:
    Suppose the FBI is at the door or has threatened your family either to give out the data or something bad will happen to them would you give out data ?

FBI: Your client details or family’s life. Just make it look like an accident or like some intern did it.

Alex: Sure. *sends an email cc’ing all their clients

Thanked by 2Peppery9 fart
  • And if I take the VPS, can I improve it later? Add more memory?

@miammiex said:
    @alexhost can you tell me cpu/yabs for Netherlands location vps?

Hello, miammiex.

Yes, VPS in Netherlands uses Intel Xeon E5-2683 v4.

Here is the YABS for VPS in Netherlands:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-02-27                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Tue 21 Mar 2023 05:26:32 PM EET

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 37 minutes
    Processor  : Common KVM processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2095.150 MHz
    AES-NI     : ❌ Disabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 3.8 GiB
    Swap       : 954.0 MiB
    Disk       : 38.4 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-9-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM

Basic Network Information:
    Protocol   : IPv4
    Host       : Alexhost SRL
    Location   : Amsterdam, North Holland (NH)
    Country    : Netherlands

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 65.92 MB/s   (16.4k) | 526.06 MB/s   (8.2k)
    Write      | 66.07 MB/s   (16.5k) | 528.83 MB/s   (8.2k)
    Total      | 131.99 MB/s  (32.9k) | 1.05 GB/s    (16.4k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 516.00 MB/s   (1.0k) | 513.68 MB/s    (501)
    Write      | 543.42 MB/s   (1.0k) | 547.89 MB/s    (535)
    Total      | 1.05 GB/s     (2.0k) | 1.06 GB/s     (1.0k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 83.0 Mbits/sec  | 79.4 Mbits/sec  | 7.86 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 83.0 Mbits/sec  | 80.2 Mbits/sec  | 16.3 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | busy            | 80.2 Mbits/sec  | 2.14 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 79.8 Mbits/sec  | busy            | 93.4 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 72.3 Mbits/sec  | 76.5 Mbits/sec  | 160 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 78.7 Mbits/sec  | 77.9 Mbits/sec  | 118 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 76.3 Mbits/sec  | 73.1 Mbits/sec

@TeoM said:

We analyze first, then we check if have any damages to us. Then the decision will remain in the Staff and Abuse department. Like we said, Alexhost respects local law where the server is.

We are tolerant and we support freedom of speech (We have told that several times) once we got a court order from any part of world, everything is analyzed before any action being take.

This means if is under MLAT with Republic of Moldova, we need to shutdown / suspend. The same applies to Netherlands VPS server, if we receive Dutch court order we need to act.

In such cases you told, looks like something "darker". We believe that everyone should be respected, if exists any dangerous to company or anything like that we never know how to act, since we never saw something like that before.

As a Hosting Provider, we recommend our customers before buying take some eyes in our Acceptable Usage Policy or contact us before buying anything to avoid mistakes.

I hope this answer be clear for you.

@jmaxwell said:

@TeoM said:

FBI: Your client details or family’s life. Just make it look like an accident or like some intern did it.

Alex: Sure. *sends an email cc’ing all their clients

Hello, jmaxwell

We hope everything is OK with you.
    If you notice we admitted that we have been wrong in that. That was a human mistake. We told several times here also.

We understand some clients or customers didn't liked that. We understand. You are free to avoid using us. Why you are insisting with that? We admitted and more else we can do? We didn't cc'ing all clients because yes, that was mistake!

And let me tell you that it was a small portion. That wasn't all. When we say this, it means it didn't happen to everyone. It was a small percentage, but it was still a human error on our part.

We are sorry for what happened, we have already apologised. Why Walk With Hate? If you hate us, you can always not use it. We do not force anyone to use our services or products.

We simply regret what happened and it is already past, we have also expressed and answered this question several times.

The joke is good when it is done once, after that it becomes tiresome. We support freedom of speech, it is not by chance that some people (by their own will and decision) say it is true and we are listed on some lists as we allow freedom of speech.

If this bothers you sorry, use traditional methods like Lawyers and Laws.

I'll stick around.

@Eskobara said:
    And if I take the VPS, can I improve it later? Add more memory?

Hello, Eskobara

Yes.

Best Regards,
    Alexhost

• kasodkkasodk Barred
    edited March 2023

@alexhost said:
    Processor : Common KVM processor

+ no Geekbench
    = cpu is blazing fast my man?

Thanked by 1greentea

@kasodk said:

@alexhost said:
    Processor : Common KVM processor

+ no Geekbench
    = cpu is blazing fast my man?

Hello, Sorry GB6 was taking so much.

Here is:

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-02-27                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    Tue 21 Mar 2023 08:06:36 PM EET
    Basic System Information:
    Uptime     : 0 days, 3 hours, 17 minutes
    Processor  : Common KVM processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2095.150 MHz
    AES-NI     :   Disabled
    VM-x/AMD-V :   Disabled
    RAM        : 3.8 GiB
    Swap       : 954.0 MiB
    Disk       : 38.4 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-9-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    Basic Network Information:
    Protocol   : IPv4
    Host       : Alexhost SRL
    Location   : Amsterdam, North Holland (NH)
    Country    : Netherlands
    fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 74.82 MB/s   (18.7k) | 557.03 MB/s   (8.7k)
    Write      | 75.02 MB/s   (18.7k) | 559.96 MB/s   (8.7k)
    Total      | 149.85 MB/s  (37.4k) | 1.11 GB/s    (17.4k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 652.67 MB/s   (1.2k) | 538.34 MB/s    (525)
    Write      | 687.35 MB/s   (1.3k) | 574.20 MB/s    (560)
    Total      | 1.34 GB/s     (2.6k) | 1.11 GB/s     (1.0k)
    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
    | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----
    | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 83.1 Mbits/sec  | 80.2 Mbits/sec
    | 7.82 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 83.0 Mbits/sec  | 80.3 Mbits/sec
    | 15.9 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 82.9 Mbits/sec  | busy
    | 1.98 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 80.2 Mbits/sec  | 78.6 Mbits/sec
    | 93.6 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 72.3 Mbits/sec  | 76.5 Mbits/sec
    | 159 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 78.3 Mbits/sec  | busy
    | 118 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | 76.9 Mbits/sec
    | 151 ms
    Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 2345
    Multi Core      | 3284
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16731139
    Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 406
    Multi Core      | 573
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/20917123
    YABS completed in 12 min 12 sec`

Thanked by 2kasodk greentea
  • VoidVoid Member

@alexhost said:

Ok
    No particular hate towards your service but was trying a sarcastic response to OP. I realize that it didn’t work as intended. My bad.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited March 2023
    [@alexhost said](/discussion/comment/3638591/#Comment_3638591): Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 406
    Multi Core      | 573
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/20917123
    YABS completed in 12 min 12 sec

That's really slow :sweat_smile:

Thanked by 2greentea lzy666
  • TeoMTeoM Member

@alexhost My question was actually more about, do you give out customer data to the authorities ? Or do you tell the customer that copyright infringement will please not be tolerated and tell the authorities nothing for now ?

Will there be cheaper packages in NL e.g. 1GB RAM and 1 Core ?

• @alexhost Does the Starter VPN package support port forwarding?

@TeoM said:
    @alexhost My question was actually more about, do you give out customer data to the authorities ? Or do you tell the customer that copyright infringement will please not be tolerated and tell the authorities nothing for now ?

Will there be cheaper packages in NL e.g. 1GB RAM and 1 Core ?

Hello, Dear TeoM

We answered your question. We can't answer certainly because everything needs to be done based in our decision. Every case is different and there is many scenarios.

If you want to know the answer open a ticket support for your case and tell more about your project.

Related with 1GB RAM yes probably we will have in end of month or in next month.

Let me provide our new Looking glass for both locations
    https://lg-nl.alexhost.com/

Best Regards,
    alexhost

@quicksilver03 said:
    @alexhost Does the Starter VPN package support port forwarding?

Hello, our VPN doesn't support port forwarding.

Thanked by 1quicksilver03
  • RUSSRUSS Member

alexhost is worst, my all site down, they even not reply via ticket, it's not just one time i got the issue many times

@RUSS said:
    alexhost is worst, my all site down, they even not reply via ticket, it's not just one time i got the issue many times

Hello,

can you please provide your ticket ID?