Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alexhost.com - Web Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation (MD)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alexhost.com - Web Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation (MD)

alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider
edited February 2023 in Offers

Alexhost.com is a company based in the Republic of Moldova, Alexhost has several years of experience in the market and in the industry of web hosting, servers and colocation. Alexhost aims to satisfy the customer in the best possible and existing way, with acceptable prices. Our datacenter was founded in the year 2013. Although we started in the year 2008 in other adventures. Our datacenter is located in Chisinau City, we use recent technology (whenever possible). We have our own network and ASN, everything belongs to Alexhost, it is managed and maintained by Alexhost. Alexhost believes in the freedom of speech and Privacy, in the right to express oneself freely according to the law. Client Privacy is protected, and is something we take very seriously. We believe that censorship is not good for anyone.

Why choose Alexhost?

• Datacenter and own network in the Republic of Moldova (AS200019)
  • Several payment methods available
  • Support and all the rest of the team are friendly and try to understand you as much as possible
  • We've been on the market for several years.
  • There are no hidden fees, that?s only in case of refund requests on dedicated servers.
  • We act in accordance with the law of our country (we tolerate freedom of speech!)
  • We use Premium hardware and equipment (Cisco, Juniper)
  • Free DDoS protection
  • 24x7 support on ticket (except on Livechat)
  • Colocation available and IP announcement
  • Free IPv6!
  • Long-Term discount for customers!
  • Affiliate program available

To receive your 14% recurring discount in all services, use coupon code:
LET14

That discount code can be used in many services like VPS or Dedicated Servers!

Datacenter and Servers in Republic of Moldova (Chisinau)
Ping IP: 176.123.0.17
Ping IPv6: 2001:678:6d4:feed::17
Looking Glass: https://lg.alexhost.com/
ASN: AS200019
20Gbps Channel Capacity

Payment Methods
* Paypal
* Webmoney
* Bitcoin, Monero and other crypto payments.
* FreeKassa
* Credit Card
* Wise
* BankTransfer
* Credit Balance

Some screenshots of our Servers!

Thanked by 2treesmokah bdspice

Comments

• Do you have pictures of your datacenter?

• VoidVoid Member
    edited February 2023

What happened to the 12/yr offer ?

• Speed 100 Mbps only? Too low!

• Is this so called booletproof hosting?

• you give a /64 v6 subnet ?

• @jmaxwell said:

died

• TrKTrK Member
    edited February 2023

What will happen if you receive a takedown notice from Microsoft? ignore or terminate?

• Yep, booletproof hoster: https://stisc.gov.md/ro/stisc-atentie-continua-valul-atacurilor-cibernetice-de-tip-scam-si-phishing

TLDR: "Moldova’s government was the victim of a wave of phishing attacks, in which hackers sent over 1,330 emails to the nation’s state services. The phishing emails were purportedly sent by the website hosting company Alexhost."

Avoid.

• Careful. These are the guys that leaked every single customer email via CCing it to everyone. Still getting spam from this.

Thanked by 1default
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@jmaxwell said:

It was €11.88/year, and now €40.80/year.
    10GB dik too small.

• securersecurer Member
    edited February 2023

I am a customer for almost 2 years and all I can say is they really ignore DMCA and abuse complaints. Received over 100 complaints last year and all were ignored. The only downside is the uptime, my VPS keeps on going down 5-20 minutes a day in a random time of the day. I really hope it will stop from happening. Willing to stay with them in the next couple of years not if they keep ignoring this issue. PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE.

Thanked by 2greentea bdspice
  • @securer said:
    I am a customer for almost 2 years and all I can say is they really ignore DMCA and abuse complaints. Received over 100 complaints last year and all were ignored. The only downside is the uptime, my VPS keeps on going down 5-20 minutes a day in a random time of the day. I really hope it will stop from happening. Willing to stay with them in the next couple of years not if they keep ignoring this issue. PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE.

Just curious :D what kind of content do you host to get so much complaints?

Thanked by 1greentea
  • treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited February 2023

@LTniger said:
    Yep, booletproof hoster: https://stisc.gov.md/ro/stisc-atentie-continua-valul-atacurilor-cibernetice-de-tip-scam-si-phishing

TLDR: "Moldova’s government was the victim of a wave of phishing attacks, in which hackers sent over 1,330 emails to the nation’s state services. The phishing emails were purportedly sent by the website hosting company Alexhost."

Avoid.

What do you mean?
    It could happen on literally ANY hosting provider.

There are NO bulletproof hosting providers anymore, spamhaus can yeet you from the internet if you don't play by their rules.

What you said is a gross oversimplification.

If you believe they would pass alleged intentional spam to a fucking Moldovan gov and not get shut down, you are retarded.

I believe you don't even know what a "bulletproof hosting provider" really is.

@Moofie said:
    Do you have pictures of your datacenter?

It is a real picture from what I know.

• @treesmokah said:

@LTniger said:
    Yep, booletproof hoster: https://stisc.gov.md/ro/stisc-atentie-continua-valul-atacurilor-cibernetice-de-tip-scam-si-phishing

Avoid.

What do you mean?

There are NO bulletproof hosting providers anymore, spamhaus can yeet you from the internet if you don't play by their rules.

If you believe they would pass alleged intentional spam to a fucking Moldovan gov and not get shut down, you are retarded.

Touch the ground, smell the grass. I know more than you. You are free to go now.

Thanked by 1greentea
    edited February 2023

@LTniger said:

@treesmokah said:

@LTniger said:

Avoid.

What do you mean?

Touch the ground, smell the grass. I know more than you. You are free to go now.

You do not know more than me, and it shown.

Also what a funny response to getting literally holzed by my reply.

Do you some research, and until then - fuck off.

Thanked by 2greentea securer
    edited February 2023

Alexhost delivers on their promises, it complies with Moldovan law - and only its law. DMCA is ignored, freedom of speech is respected and the performance is OK(it could've been better, but its excusable considering the location and current geopolitics).

I believe its a solid choice for "high risk" projects.
    They are not newbies.

• @yoursunny said:

@jmaxwell said:

10GB dik too small.

it was worth €11.88/yr maybe but now it's a meh

• @jmaxwell said:

@yoursunny said:

@jmaxwell said:

10GB dik too small.

it was worth €11.88/yr maybe but now it's a meh

Well could have gotten one for proxy stuff but at 40 Euro i guess nah, will be happy with buyvm cause you know the deal and reliably.

• @treesmokah said: There are NO bulletproof hosting providers anymore

a lot of them are there if you know where to look

edited February 2023

@neverain said:

@treesmokah said: There are NO bulletproof hosting providers anymore

a lot of them are there if you know where to look

That's not true. That's not exactly true.
    Every host has its limits.

If you annoy spamhaus, they will not only yeet your network from routing tables but also escalate to upstream - and then, good fucking luck getting routed over any Tier 1 that isn't Chinese Telecom.

So for a "real bulletproof host", you first gotta find someone in china to rent you some server space, then (if you want to use ports 80/443) get a license from Chinese Gov and then pay fucking insane prices for international bandwidth (~$170 per 1Mbps, depending on how "well suited" is your provider with Chinese Govt).
    ^ and that's not foolproof either, they are not a "true tier 1", they still depend on some transit providers which can blackhole your ranges.

tldr; there is no bulletproof provider, you can annoy some gov, you can annoy dmca mafia - but you cannot annoy spamhaus.

any provider claiming to be "bulletproof", that is connected to "standard" transit providers - is lying to you.

Thanked by 1maverick
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Easy everyone please.

Thanked by 1securer
  • alexhostalexhost Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2023

@jmaxwell said:

Hello, Dear jmaxwell

We don't have that offer anymore, unfortunately.
    That offer was ended.

@LTniger said:

Avoid.

You spoke without knowing. Anyone can use a server and send spam to the government or any other entity. Nothing prevents that from happening.

It's not our fault, we even posted on our blog regarding this!

We never said we are bulletproof, that's what people say, not us. We can't stop people from having certain opinions correct?

Someone used our name of our company without authorization. It also was sent through email to alert customers:
    https://alexhost.com/blog/payment-on-fake-pages/

If you go to our facebook page we go to child protection conferences among others. We respect the laws of the Republic of Moldova. If the police contact us from Moldova, we will cooperate that is obvious. We cannot disobey the law.

We also sometimes offer hosting services for free to people and organizations (schools, non-profit organisations).

Best Regards,
    Alexhost

@thesto said:
    Careful. These are the guys that leaked every single customer email via CCing it to everyone. Still getting spam from this.

Hello, Dear thesto

That happened due to human error. We assume that. We obviously didn't want that to happen.

Regarding receiving emails, we are not the ones sending the spam.

@treesmokah said:
    Alexhost delivers on their promises, it complies with Moldovan law - and only its law. DMCA is ignored, freedom of speech is respected and the performance is OK(it could've been better, but its excusable considering the location and current geopolitics).

I believe its a solid choice for "high risk" projects.
    They are not newbies.

Hello, Dear treesmokah.

Yes we respect freedom of speech as long as we can. But we need to obey in case of court order from Republic of Moldova or MLAT with Moldova.

We allow freedom of speech in our servers, that is something that needs to be defended and protected, obviously.

We are neither police nor judges to judge. If someone has a problem with that, they have to use the laws and deal with a judge. We don't have the right to "be a policeman", but we are not and we cannot be internet "cops" either, that's what the police and other entities exist for.

Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate.

Thanked by 2treesmokah securer
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited February 2023

LowEndTalk has reached a new low-end regarding provider tag. A host which leaked the email addresses of customers is still around as a respectful provider of the community.

Good luck to them, I guess.

💵💰

edited February 2023

@default said:
    LowEndTalk has reached a new low-end regarding provider tag. A host which leaked the email addresses of customers is still around as a respectful provider of the community.

💵💰

There are hosts that did way way worse things on this forum.
    And its not like it was intentional, as they stated above - it was an human error.

Including the widely promoted "Top Host" that literally has fraud court cases going on right now from their previous hosting venture(which was present on this forum as well).

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited February 2023

@treesmokah said:

@default said:

💵💰

There are hosts that did way way worse things on this forum.
    And its not like it was intentional, as they stated above - it was an human error.

Including the widely promoted "Top Host" that literally has fraud court cases going on right now from their previous hosting venture(which was present on this forum as well).

Back in the old days an irresponsible host would have had their provider tag removed; host with cases on court would not have been considered top; while a provider who scams would have been banned no matter how many shills they got. But those days are gone, now it's about money from tags.

Quantity, not quality... I guess.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@treesmokah said:
    any provider claiming to be "bulletproof", that is connected to "standard" transit providers - is lying to you.

We have bulletproof IPv9 hosting.
    We keep a kilogram of bullets in our data center to chase off polar bears.
    We are not connected to standard transit providers.
    We are not lying.

Thanked by 2greentea kait
  • @yoursunny said:

@treesmokah said:

We have bulletproof IPv9 hosting.
    We keep a kilogram of bullets in our data center to chase off polar bears.
    We are not connected to standard transit providers.
    We are not lying.

You forgot to mention about the "claiming" of South Pole and how you became a bulletproof provider there.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • I have being ddos attacked so many times from your ip ranges , and u never ever looked up abuse emails and u didnt take measuers.

• @yoursunny said:

@jmaxwell said:

10GB dik too small.

Molvadia is preparing for SIEGE ! they need to getter money !

Thanked by 1Levi
  • @yoursunny said:

10GB dik too small.

Whose dik is smol? Yours or Alex?