Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free 10 Mbit/s IPv6 VPS from Vanwa - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free 10 Mbit/s IPv6 VPS from Vanwa

12346»

Comments

• @Maounique said:

@bgerard said: otherwise it'd just be a reverse proxy right?

Not really, many use anycast, route optimization, not only caching. Also, if caching does happen, it is not really on disks (albeit it is possible), more like in ram.
    You only need to cache to disk if you don't optimize well what is actually being cached. There is an art of configuring the caching and in many cases it depends on your niche. Big CDNs have layered caching, like the CPUs.

That said, caching is not hosting, it used to be explicitly exempted from DMCA AFAIK (long time since i read).

Ah cool, never heard of the DMCA exception. I'm surprised the majority of caching is in memory though, are you referring to caching of standard responses or is it actual content blobs (images, scripts, fonts, etc)?

• @bgerard said:

@Maounique said:

@bgerard said: otherwise it'd just be a reverse proxy right?

Not really, many use anycast, route optimization, not only caching. Also, if caching does happen, it is not really on disks (albeit it is possible), more like in ram.
    You only need to cache to disk if you don't optimize well what is actually being cached. There is an art of configuring the caching and in many cases it depends on your niche. Big CDNs have layered caching, like the CPUs.

That said, caching is not hosting, it used to be explicitly exempted from DMCA AFAIK (long time since i read).

Ah cool, never heard of the DMCA exception. I'm surprised the majority of caching is in memory though, are you referring to caching of standard responses or is it actual content blobs (images, scripts, fonts, etc)?

As much of it as possible in memory the better.

Yes entire files can be cached, even entire websites.

We can convert WordPress websites, which are static in output, that take 5 seconds to generate - cache them, and then make them load in under 200ms.

• @VanwaTechVPS said:

@Kebab said:

@VanwaTechVPS said:
    You have to request an account credit to get the product for free - just DM me your email or post it here. We are processing them as they come

So it's free for 1 month or is it free forever like initial offer was?

It's free if you continue to get credit

I don't understand this. So you gave me $2 credit which will last 2 month then after 2 months you will give credit again? If so, then everyone has to ask you for credit again and again?

• host4cheaphost4cheap Member
    edited January 2023

@VanwaTechVPS said:

@Kebab said:

@VanwaTechVPS said:
    You have to request an account credit to get the product for free - just DM me your email or post it here. We are processing them as they come

So it's free for 1 month or is it free forever like initial offer was?

It's free if you continue to get credit

Credit is only one time right but product is now 1$ a month which means it is free for 1st month only. How does one “continue” to get credit ?

Also does it mean that the initial customers are now grandfathered at 0.01$ or does it mean we will see another “cleanup” and then be asked to buy again like it happened from 0.0$ to 0.01$

• @host4cheap said:
    Also does it mean that the initial customers are now grandfathered at 0.01$ or does it mean we will see another “cleanup” and then be asked to buy again like it happened from 0.0$ to 0.01$

I bought at 0.01$, it's still stuck at pending, @VanwaTechVPS says I need to buy again for 1$, paypal subscription for 0.01$ was still active.
    This is so confusing.

• TanXS is going to clarify things regarding the free VPS and our system to reduce spam and abuse so that everyone gets the highest quality VPS for free.

Waiting for his comment.

• TanXSTanXS Member
    edited January 2023

Just dm me your email, and comment under this thread contain @TanXS every month
    I'll give you 1$ credit when I see your comment in this thread

(I'll process this when I'm free, so don't be too hurry on this, I maybe sleeping or doing other thing while you waiting, just check if the credit is added after you comment under the thread, if I haven't process it yet, wait for few hours and check again.)

• @TanXS said:
    Just dm me your email, and boost the thread with a post that contain @TanXS every month
    I'll give you 1$ credit when I see your post in this thread

(I'll process this when I'm free, so don't be too hurry on this, I maybe sleeping or doing other thing while you waiting)

@TanXS

DM'd you

• @TanXS said:
    Just dm me your email

DM'ed. Thank you.

• @TanXS said:

(I'll process this when I'm free, so don't be too hurry on this, I maybe sleeping or doing other thing while you waiting, just check if the credit is added after you comment under the thread, if I haven't process it yet, wait for few hours and check again.)

@TanXS dm'ed, thanks

• @TanXS said:

"Do you own, operate, or work for a hosting provider? No" :|
    Who the h*ck are you?

• @Shot2 said:

@TanXS said:

Who the h*ck are you?

I'm just helping him do this... But am not a part of them actually

Thanked by 1VanwaTechVPS
  • @Shot2 said:

@TanXS said:

Who the h*ck are you?

@VanwaTechVPS vouched for this guy in DM's.

Thanked by 2Shot2 VanwaTechVPS
  • also, above comments all added credit

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@TanXS said: I'm just helping him do this... But am not a part of them actually

I suggest you read the forum rules carefully before you proceed...

• @Arkas said:

@TanXS said: I'm just helping him do this... But am not a part of them actually

I suggest you read the forum rules carefully before you proceed...

If there is a problem please tell, I also want to follow the rules

• @TanXS said:

@TanXS Dm you

Thanx

• @TanXS said:

That seems like Racknerd kind of marketing. Keep posting comments each month to "claim" free VPS.

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited January 2023

@treesmokah said:
    @VanwaTechVPS vouched for this guy in DM's.

Oh, ok, thanks. As I have received no DM at all (and no email either - just got my free VPS disappear, poof), I did not know that TanXS is actually working for VanwaTech LLC (even if voluntarily).

This whole stuff looks more and more like a PR stunt or some email harvesting trick, than a real offer. Well. Nothing in life's free.

(Incidentally - as noted by @yoursunny - the "Terms & Conditions" for the various services are rather, ahem, vague.)

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • KebabKebab Member
    edited January 2023

Is it really "free" if I have to do work by commenting and DM'ing each month?

• @Kebab said:
    Is it really free if I have to do work by commenting in this topic each month?

You have to comment each month, if it goes normally. Also, questions except to claim credits, talk to @VanwaTechVPS instead of me

• Box 1;

root@na:~# wget -qO- yabs.sh | bash
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sat 07 Jan 2023 06:19:37 PM EST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 2 minutes
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7702P 64-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 1999.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 461.1 MiB
    Swap       : 250.0 MiB
    Disk       : 19.5 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-8-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 1.18 MB/s      (296) | 10.94 MB/s     (170)
    Write      | 1.22 MB/s      (305) | 11.46 MB/s     (179)
    Total      | 2.40 MB/s      (601) | 22.40 MB/s     (349)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 17.81 MB/s      (34) | 32.44 MB/s      (31)
    Write      | 19.10 MB/s      (37) | 35.59 MB/s      (34)
    Total      | 36.92 MB/s      (71) | 68.04 MB/s      (65)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 10.4 Mbits/sec  | 9.20 Mbits/sec  | 136 ms         
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 10.4 Mbits/sec  | 8.85 Mbits/sec  | 109 ms         
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 10.3 Mbits/sec  | 9.28 Mbits/sec  | 117 ms         
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 10.2 Mbits/sec  | 5.69 Mbits/sec  | 204 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 10.4 Mbits/sec  | 9.06 Mbits/sec  | 55.3 ms        
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 10.4 Mbits/sec  | 9.15 Mbits/sec  | 4.97 ms        
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 10.4 Mbits/sec  | 9.18 Mbits/sec  | 47.4 ms        

Geekbench releases can only be downloaded over IPv4. FTP the Geekbench files and run manually.

YABS completed in 6 min 17 sec

Box 2;

root@usa:~# wget -qO- yabs.sh | bash
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sat 07 Jan 2023 06:23:23 PM EST

Basic System Information:
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 6 minutes
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7702P 64-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 1999.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 461.1 MiB
    Swap       : 250.0 MiB
    Disk       : 19.5 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-8-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 1.11 MB/s      (278) | 13.50 MB/s     (210)
    Write      | 1.14 MB/s      (287) | 14.06 MB/s     (219)
    Total      | 2.26 MB/s      (565) | 27.57 MB/s     (429)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 18.15 MB/s      (35) | 24.50 MB/s      (23)
    Write      | 19.39 MB/s      (37) | 27.04 MB/s      (26)
    Total      | 37.55 MB/s      (72) | 51.55 MB/s      (49)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 10.4 Mbits/sec  | 9.29 Mbits/sec  | 107 ms         
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 10.4 Mbits/sec  | 9.26 Mbits/sec  | 129 ms         
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 10.3 Mbits/sec  | 9.27 Mbits/sec  | 128 ms         
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 10.2 Mbits/sec  | 7.04 Mbits/sec  | 244 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 10.4 Mbits/sec  | 8.98 Mbits/sec  | 40.6 ms        
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 10.4 Mbits/sec  | 9.28 Mbits/sec  | 2.27 ms        
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | 8.80 Mbits/sec  | 35.2 ms        

Geekbench releases can only be downloaded over IPv4. FTP the Geekbench files and run manually.

YABS completed in 6 min 21 sec

(I have 2 VPS cause I fucked something up and got 2 of them somehow, please remove any of them If its not allowed - you should have my email in your DM's)

• ArkasArkas Moderator

This thread will be closed If it continues as it is breaking the rules.

Thanked by 3TrK snow2k lemoncube
This discussion has been closed.