Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free 10 Mbit/s IPv6 VPS from Vanwa - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free 10 Mbit/s IPv6 VPS from Vanwa

Comments

• @Shot2 said:
    Funny how it just takes creating a "VanwatechVPS" account on LET to collect email addresses. :D

and uncovering some different mail address than being used here for alot of users

@VanwaTechVPS said:

@Shot2 said:
    Funny how it just takes creating a "VanwatechVPS" account on LET to collect email addresses. :D

Sometimes simplicity is the ultimate sophistication lol

Nice of you clearly step up on this by being here and keep your offering :)

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Looks like someone is DDOS your site . ;) https://ibb.co/KDv82xK

• @tenji said:

@Shot2 said:

and uncovering some different mail address than being used here for alot of users

@VanwaTechVPS said:

@Shot2 said:

Sometimes simplicity is the ultimate sophistication lol

Nice of you clearly step up on this by being here and keep your offering :)

That's my goal - had I known there were so many problems I would have been here sooner.

It's a really cool community, and I think we have a unique offering that could be a good fit for a lot of people.

We have a whole technology stack that makes us pretty cool beyond just the VM. For example, our CDN can make your IPv6 VPS quickly a IPv4-IPv6 HTTPS web service with secure SSL termination to your origin.

We like to think of VPS as just a product that we offer auxiliary to our core technology.

I will keep everyone here on the automated backups, which are going to be a huge update for our stability

• @ManishPant said:
    Looks like someone is DDOS your site . ;) https://ibb.co/KDv82xK

It's loading on my end, but I will look into that.

• @VanwaTechVPS said:

@ManishPant said:

@VanwaTechVPS said:
    Might move it back from 0.01 in the future - we had to install a price, not for money, but to limit spam. Sorry if this cut anyone off.

It's true we did upgrades within the first few hours of the release to ensure good performance for the customers as this offering scales. Some people got their VPS got in this upgrade. If this was you just order a new one, and if you can't use payment then post here or DM me your email address and I will add $1 to your account.

Best,
    Nick

Error https://ibb.co/xqSKjyk

Can you make it work

Unfortunately, this bug applies to the first signups who lost their free VPS in the scaling upgrades. To solve it you just have to order another one and you will instantly get it.

If you need to bypass the 0.01 payment that we added for spam filtering, just DM me your email or post it here and I will add credits to your account.

Furthermore, we are also adding free RAID 10 backups for all VPS including free VPS soon.

Stay tuned

DM'd, thanks.

• @abiaolaoge said:

@VanwaTechVPS said:

@ManishPant said:

@VanwaTechVPS said:
    Might move it back from 0.01 in the future - we had to install a price, not for money, but to limit spam. Sorry if this cut anyone off.

It's true we did upgrades within the first few hours of the release to ensure good performance for the customers as this offering scales. Some people got their VPS got in this upgrade. If this was you just order a new one, and if you can't use payment then post here or DM me your email address and I will add $1 to your account.

Best,
    Nick

Can you make it work

Unfortunately, this bug applies to the first signups who lost their free VPS in the scaling upgrades. To solve it you just have to order another one and you will instantly get it.

If you need to bypass the 0.01 payment that we added for spam filtering, just DM me your email or post it here and I will add credits to your account.

Furthermore, we are also adding free RAID 10 backups for all VPS including free VPS soon.

Stay tuned

DM'd, thanks.

My pleasure

• @VanwaTechVPS said:

@ManishPant said:

@VanwaTechVPS said:

Best,
    Nick

Can you make it work

Stay tuned

Just DM'ed you!

• @VanwaTechVPS said:

@ManishPant said:

@VanwaTechVPS said:

Best,
    Nick

Can you make it work

Stay tuned

Got the credit and have re-ordered.

Thanks

• My pleasure, thanks guys and girls!

• Just got my credit and started my VPS.

• @th4tkh13m said:
    Just got my credit and started my VPS.

Nice! I hope you enjoy it

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Seems good. Set mine up and playing with it.

• @Radi said:
    Seems good. Set mine up and playing with it.

I hope you enjoy!

Thanked by 1Radi
  • Yabs, if anyone interested

Thanked by 2abiaolaoge lemoncube
  • htgyhtgy Member
    edited January 2023

@VanwaTechVPS said:

Best,
    Nick

I have DM'ed you, thanks.

• @jmaxwell said:
    Yabs, if anyone interested

Is vnc available?

• mine is still pending since yesterday

• @Kebab said:
    mine is still pending since yesterday

Send me a DM with your email

• @VanwaTechVPS DM sent ur way :)

• TrKTrK Member

@abiaolaoge said:

@jmaxwell said:
    Yabs, if anyone interested

Is vnc available?

Wow is that disk speed?!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@VanwaTechVPS said: and I will add $1 to your account

Or you can just allow filling up the account with 1 Dollar instead of 10. As I have said, nothing against proving I am real by paying something, but the disk was way too poor to justify a tenner even for a year.

Thanked by 2TrK Shot2
  • TrKTrK Member

@Maounique said:

@VanwaTechVPS said: and I will add $1 to your account

Or you can just allow filling up the account with 1 Dollar instead of 10. As I have said, nothing against proving I am real by paying something, but the disk was way too poor to justify a tenner even for a year.

Exactly i lost mine but i am happy 😁 that i don't have to struggle with that, i could have paid the cents but i guess nah, won't be usable with that disk.

• The disk speed is on par with the network speed. A well-balanced offer, I say.

Thanked by 2yoursunny Void
  • SauronSauron Member
    edited January 2023

@rattlecattle said:
    The CPU steal on these free VPS'es are way too high

They provide 1/16 of a vCPU core per VM. This is much less than on paid VPSes, but does not make their VMs completely useless.

• @Sauron said:

@rattlecattle said:
    The CPU steal on these free VPS'es are way too high

They provide 1/16 of a vCPU core per VM. This is much less than on paid VPSes, but does not make their VMs completely useless.

As long as you don't need any CPU operation, hard-disk access, or network transfers... the RAM holds pretty well.

Thanked by 1lemoncube
  • @VanwaTechVPS said:

@arifur said:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Fri 06 Jan 2023 05:49:24 AM EST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 5 hours, 17 minutes
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7251 8-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2096.060 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 461.1 MiB
    Swap       : 250.0 MiB
    Disk       : 19.5 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-8-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 7.00 KB/s        (1) | 126.00 KB/s      (1)
    Write      | 8.00 KB/s        (2) | 140.00 KB/s      (2)
    Total      | 15.00 KB/s       (3) | 266.00 KB/s      (3)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 539.00 KB/s      (1) | 975.00 KB/s      (0)
    Write      | 641.00 KB/s      (1) | 1.21 MB/s        (1)
    Total      | 1.18 MB/s        (2) | 2.18 MB/s        (1)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 10.3 Mbits/sec  | 9.28 Mbits/sec  | 122 ms         
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 10.3 Mbits/sec  | 9.17 Mbits/sec  | 110 ms         
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 10.3 Mbits/sec  | 9.04 Mbits/sec  | 118 ms         
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | 9.23 Mbits/sec  | 210 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 10.4 Mbits/sec  | 9.35 Mbits/sec  | 52.0 ms        
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 10.4 Mbits/sec  | 9.28 Mbits/sec  | 19.1 ms        
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 10.4 Mbits/sec  | 9.32 Mbits/sec  | 37.9 ms        

Geekbench releases can only be downloaded over IPv4. FTP the Geekbench files and run manually.

YABS completed in 24 min 9 sec

Always good to see some data - better than many paid servers

Such as? These results are easily 10x worse than paid options. Like, it's so bad, you've embarrassed yourself not knowing how bad those results indicate.

Thanked by 1Gary
  • @VanwaTechVPS said:
    I will keep everyone here on the automated backups, which are going to be a huge update for our stability

You mean "reliability", not stability. Automated backups are only going to reduce performance and won't prevent downtime in the event of catastrophic error, but will make data storage more reliable.

• All resources are dedicated in a KVM

500MB of RAM
    Shared CPU Core 10%
    10Mb/s Bandwidth

When configured well with the CDN the setup can work for even high-traffic applications.

• @VanwaTechVPS said:

Best,
    Nick

DM'd you
    I courius what can possibly do with small vps :D

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2023

@ailice said: I courius what can possibly do with small vps

Proxy for low bw operations such as SSH, back-end for a CDN presence as noted and fun tinkering in limited environments. This is LET, remember?

We are all a bunch of masochists for as long as it is free or very cheap.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
This discussion has been closed.