Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free 10 Mbit/s IPv6 VPS from Vanwa - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free 10 Mbit/s IPv6 VPS from Vanwa

Comments

• @Maounique said:
    We are all a bunch of masochists for as long as it is free or very cheap.

yay for cheap !!!

• TrKTrK Member

@tenji said:

@Maounique said:
    We are all a bunch of masochists for as long as it is free or very cheap.

yay for cheap !!!

Nay for that disk !!!

• @VanwaTechVPS said:
    Might move it back from 0.01 in the future - we had to install a price, not for money, but to limit spam. Sorry if this cut anyone off.

It's true we did upgrades within the first few hours of the release to ensure good performance for the customers as this offering scales. Some people got their VPS got in this upgrade. If this was you just order a new one, and if you can't use payment then post here or DM me your email address and I will add $1 to your account.

Best,
    Nick

DM’d, thank you.

• @VanwaTechVPS said:
    Might move it back from 0.01 in the future - we had to install a price, not for money, but to limit spam. Sorry if this cut anyone off.

It's true we did upgrades within the first few hours of the release to ensure good performance for the customers as this offering scales. Some people got their VPS got in this upgrade. If this was you just order a new one, and if you can't use payment then post here or DM me your email address and I will add $1 to your account.

Best,
    Nick

DM’d, thank you.

• @VanwaTechVPS said:

Best,
    Nick

DM'd you
    thanks!

• DM'd you

Thanks in advance

• DM’d, thanks a lot

• That disk and network is worst than my boomer vm 🙄

Thanked by 2yoursunny nick_
  • @VanwaTechVPS DM'd you. Thanks

• host4cheaphost4cheap Member
    edited January 2023

Price change

0$
    0.01$
    1$ now - at 1$ per month I guess Virmach Flash Sales had better deal

• You have to request an account credit to get the product for free - just DM me your email or post it here. We are processing them as they come

• @VanwaTechVPS said:
    You have to request an account credit to get the product for free - just DM me your email or post it here. We are processing them as they come

So it's free for 1 month or is it free forever like initial offer was?

• TrKTrK Member

@host4cheap said:
    Price change

0$
    0.01$

I would rather get a NAT VM for around $3-$5 yearly and that would still have better performance!

• @Kebab said:

@VanwaTechVPS said:
    You have to request an account credit to get the product for free - just DM me your email or post it here. We are processing them as they come

So it's free for 1 month or is it free forever like initial offer was?

It's free if you continue to get credit

• @TrK said:

@host4cheap said:
    Price change

0$
    0.01$

I would rather get a NAT VM for around $3-$5 yearly and that would still have better performance!

Well, it's free with the credit, this is not one of our primary offerings.

Performance upgrades are being rolled out

• TrKTrK Member
    edited January 2023

@VanwaTechVPS said:

@TrK said:

@host4cheap said:
    Price change

0$
    0.01$

I would apply if i see a bench with good performance atleast better than current bench logs! :)

• @TrK said:

@VanwaTechVPS said:

@TrK said:

@host4cheap said:
    Price change

0$
    0.01$

I would apply if i see a bench with good performance atleast better than current bench logs! :)

Sounds good, thanks

• TrKTrK Member

@VanwaTechVPS said:

@TrK said:

@VanwaTechVPS said:

@TrK said:

@host4cheap said:
    Price change

0$
    0.01$

Sounds good, thanks

You're welcome nick!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

So is @VanwaTechVPS still hosting Kiwi Farms?

Krebs said they were in Sep 2022: https://yournews.com/2022/09/07/2409354/update-vanwatech-to-now-host-kiwi-farms/

But in November, KF was on here asking for a home: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/182253/kiwi-farms-bgp-announcements/p1

Thanked by 2TrK bamboo4409
  • We never hosted any of those websites, we only did their CDN.

Our ToS is simple for the CDN we don't host the content so we can't take anything down. We only stop providing service to a website if the government requests it.

• Surely you technically do host the content for a CDN, do you not cache it on your own nodes?

• @bgerard said:
    Surely you technically do host the content for a CDN, do you not cache it on your own nodes?

Some of our customers do use caching for their websites - which is distinct from hosting. Almost every browser even has its own caching mechanisms.

Basically, you can depend on us to service you without issue.

• I don't understand how a CDN network works without actually hosting the content though, otherwise it'd just be a reverse proxy right?

• @bgerard said:
    I don't understand how a CDN network works without actually hosting the content though, otherwise it'd just be a reverse proxy right?

Exactly we operate as a reverse-proxy. Rather than a purely storage-based CDN.

In this way we serve primarily as just DDoS protection for many of these websites. Doing their SSL and then reverse proxying to the origin host server.

It's a rapidly growing model for website deployment, and I think soon there will be a few websites not using a reverse-proxy type CDN.

Thanked by 1bgerard
  • What makes us different from a lot of VPS providers, and even reverse-proxy CDNs like CloudFlare is that we offer both CDN and VPS.

Using one requires the other in most cases. Customers who do use our VPS and CDN together benefit from secure almost 0ms latency to edge servers among other benefits.

Not to mention deep web features that only we have.

• So what are the benefits of that, other than hiding the origin?

• @bgerard said:
    So what are the benefits of that, other than hiding the origin?

HTTPS
    HTTP/2
    DDoS Protection
    Caching
    Load Balancing
    Bot Mitigation
    Header Modifications
    Content Modification
    Deep Web Routing
    etc

Check out the panel, there are endless features we have. We have everything CloudFlare has and more.

• @VanwaTechVPS said:

@bgerard said:
    So what are the benefits of that, other than hiding the origin?

HTTPS
    HTTP/2
    DDoS Protection
    Caching
    Load Balancing
    Bot Mitigation
    Header Modifications
    Content Modification
    Deep Web Routing
    etc

Check out the panel, there are endless features we have. We have everything CloudFlare has and more.

Great, thank you. More curious than anything

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2023

@bgerard said: otherwise it'd just be a reverse proxy right?

Not really, many use anycast, route optimization, not only caching. Also, if caching does happen, it is not really on disks (albeit it is possible), more like in ram.
    You only need to cache to disk if you don't optimize well what is actually being cached. There is an art of configuring the caching and in many cases it depends on your niche. Big CDNs have layered caching, like the CPUs.

That said, caching is not hosting, it used to be explicitly exempted from DMCA AFAIK (long time since i read).

• @Maounique said:

@bgerard said: otherwise it'd just be a reverse proxy right?

Not really, many use anycast, route optimization, not only caching. Also, if caching does happen, it is not really on disks (albeit it is possible), more like in ram.
    You only need to cache to disk if you don't optimize well what is actually being cached. There is an art of configuring the caching and in many cases it depends on your niche. Big CDNs have layered caching, like the CPUs.

That said, caching is not hosting, it used to be explicitly exempted from DMCA AFAIK (long time since i read).

Very true!

This discussion has been closed.