Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free 10 Mbit/s IPv6 VPS from Vanwa - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free 10 Mbit/s IPv6 VPS from Vanwa

Comments

• @Ganonk said:
    Order Number 7675621272

We have gone ahead and doubled your miseries

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • Haven't got my VPS yet, it has been 3 hours since I ordered.

• @raindog308 said:
    Thanks a lot for sharing this @martheen - posted and thanked you on LEB just now.

Typo in the sentence "We have no idea who VanwaTech so as always, tread carefully."

(tread carefully... especially if woke or trans :D)

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @th4tkh13m said:
    Haven't got my VPS yet, it has been 3 hours since I ordered.

You may need to reorder and pay the billing cycle of $0.01 USD per month that appears now

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited January 2023

@FredMan95 said:
    You may need to reorder and pay the billing cycle of $0.01 USD per month that appears now

The service is not even remotely worth $0.01. Don't bother :D

Thanked by 1FredMan95
  • i added nat64 nameserver to resolv.conf but still github no ping
    what you mean by "Added IPv6 resolver in /*/interfaces"
    thanks

• @JeDaYoshi said: Would be interesting to get a Discord bot running on 512 MB RAM - considering they're generally RAM-hungry.

Why are they RAM-hungry? You could just use a more memory-efficient language to reduce RAM usage (not Python or JavaScript/Node.js).

• Looks like Bait and Switch - My VPS was provisioned but now no longer shows up in WHMCS nor at the Control Panel URL: https://vps.vanwa.tech

Service is now modified to 0.01 cents it seems

• @host4cheap said:
    Looks like Bait and Switch - My VPS was provisioned but now no longer shows up in WHMCS nor at the Control Panel URL: https://vps.vanwa.tech

Maybe got hacked ? The owner have some reputation :)

Service is now modified to 0.01 cents it seems

Not worth the cost with paypal or crypto payment as the only option.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Service involucrated before I had time to SSH.
    I got my hostname back.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • He is a weirdo but a good guy.
    As long as you are not a "progressive" transgender telling kids to transition and send them drugs, you are welcome.

• mine got erased for 2 hours... now i get this msg when i logging to the panel :
    1) User ID not found, please report to the Administrator to verify if your VPS has a valid User assigned to it or not

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @treesmokah said:
    He is a weirdo but a good guy.
    As long as you are not a "progressive" transgender telling kids to transition and send them drugs, you are welcome.

uwot m8?

• @cold said:
    mine got erased for 2 hours... now i get this msg when i logging to the panel :
    1) User ID not found, please report to the Administrator to verify if your VPS has a valid User assigned to it or not

You have to cancel the VPS(if you have an option) and re-order.

• @cold said:

Same here, I woke to find my Free IPv6-Only RAM Optimized KVM VPS has transitioned to nothing.

Or, well.

• @Shot2 said:

@cold said:

Same here, I woke to find my Free IPv6-Only RAM Optimized KVM VPS has transitioned to nothing.

Or, well.

It has changed the pronouns to was/were.

• darkknightdarkknight Member
    edited January 2023

I requested one last night, they provisioned it, but didn't have time to look at it then. It doesn't look like it was provisioned right as I can't ping the IP given and see this error when I launch server info. will see how quickly they fix the issue on a free service.

also don't appear to have any nodes listed in 'virtualizor' panel so can't reinstall OS myself.

• although the service was active fine and i solved the problems , now it's gone as fast as a rocket. just wasted time in this free vps however it's a free service so i don't expect a much.

• coldcold Member
    edited January 2023

@treesmokah said:

@cold said:

and pay every time 0,1 cent?

• It seems that for controlling abuse - they have terminated all free VM's and start with 0.1$

• @cold said:

@treesmokah said:

@cold said:

and pay every time 0,1 cent?

Not sure, I'm waiting for Nick to reply on my ticket.
    All I know for now is that we have to get another VPS and cancel current one.

• seb1gseb1g Member
    edited January 2023

I wanted to try Vanwa's free CDN service a few months ago, so i made an account, had problems with verification email not arriving, made ticket about it and then my account got suspended without any explanation.

I wouldn't trust them with anything important at all. EVEN IF YOU PAY.

Thanked by 1ledo
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Eh...I get enough abuse. Removed him from LEB, saved the URL for an update on our legit free list.

Thanked by 1seb1g
  • The handling were bit hard to accept. vps gone but still showing on whmcs. I understand that it might be alot new comers (mostly from LET and LEB publicity) but what Vanwa expect dangling free offers but not ready for the influx ? :/
    Auto delete & not inform clients might reflect how Vanwa handling clients.
    Payment : make it yearly if that small payment needed to deter abusers. .01usd/m still attract unwanted users I think :|

Just my two cents rant. Move on.

Thanked by 2yoursunny Shot2
  • @seb1g said:
    I wanted to try Vanwa's free CDN service a few months ago, so i made an account, had problems with verification email not arriving, made ticket about it and then my account got suspended without any explanation.

I think its a You problem.

• @treesmokah said:

@seb1g said:

I think its a You problem.

and i farted

Thanked by 1ledo
  • darkknightdarkknight Member
    edited January 2023

@darkknight said:
    I requested one last night, they provisioned it, but didn't have time to look at it then. It doesn't look like it was provisioned right as I can't ping the IP given and see this error when I launch server info. will see how quickly they fix the issue on a free service.

also don't appear to have any nodes listed in 'virtualizor' panel so can't reinstall OS myself.

I didn't see above posts stating they'd require you to re-order. that is indeed what they suggested. .12 a yr isn't a lot, but not really worth that if they just delete vps w/o notice.

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited January 2023

Okay, we have to add a minimum of $10 to your Vanwa account(you can spend it on whatever you want later on, they have decent VPS offerings as well). Its for abuse prevention.
    https://billing.vanwa.tech/clientarea.php?action=addfunds

• trickery

Thanked by 1Shot2
This discussion has been closed.