Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS under 1$/m for a year - No commitment - 2GB RAM, 20GB SSD - APAC, EU or NAM hosting [OVHcloud] - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS under 1$/m for a year - No commitment - 2GB RAM, 20GB SSD - APAC, EU or NAM hosting [OVHcloud]

Comments

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@OVH_APAC said:
    VPS offer perks:

• VPS "Starter" at 77% OFF for the first 12 months: $0.97/m for 12 months (then $4.20/month) (no commitment required)
    • Asia-Pacific (Singapore & Australia) hosting locations or Europe or North America (Canada)
    • Offer ends February 21st 1:00PM (GMT)
    • Valid for new customers only

Key VPS Features:

• Full root access
    • KVM virtualisation
    • One-click RAM or storage upgrade
    • DDoS protection included
    • 99.9% SLA
    • Multiple hosting regions in Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific (Singapore & Australia)

VPS Starter specifications

• 1 vCore
    • 2GB RAM
    • 20GB SSD SATA
    • Unmetered Traffic @ 100Mbps*

*For VPS hosted in Sydney and Singapore, we offer outbound data: 1TB traffic/month for the VPS range “Starter” . Bandwidth is reduced to 10Mbps once the monthly quota is exceeded.
    Inbound data is unmetered.

How to buy? Please choose according to your location:

Sharing few OVHcloud network tools which could be useful to the community:

• Is this offer available in Poland?
    .ie site does not have Poland on country list, neither EU page.
    When I go to OVH.pl there is no such offer.

@treesmokah said:
    Is this offer available in Poland?
    .ie site does not have Poland on country list, neither EU page.
    When I go to OVH.pl there is no such offer.

Offer is only valid on some OVHcloud portals as listed below (Sorry not on OVH Poland website):

• I buy it on SG,but system canceled my order and not return my money back.
    My oder no. 14834537

• Me too, my order was cancelled without reason. :|
    Live chat is with no response, nor can I create ticket for this.
    My order number is #14825171
    Please advise. @OVH_APAC

• @OVH_APAC said: 2: you cannot install custom image on VPS

Sure, you can with rescue image and using qemu inside it :)

@diluzhu said:
    I buy it on SG,but system canceled my order and not return my money back.
    My oder no. 14834537

@caspar said:
    Me too, my order was cancelled without reason. :|
    Live chat is with no response, nor can I create ticket for this.
    My order number is #14825171
    Please advise. @OVH_APAC

Hello @diluzhu and @caspar ,
    Our fraud system may have cancelled your orders and you will be reimbursed automatically. Incomplete address / account details often trigger this.
    I suggest you open a ticket with our support team via the control panel if you have more questions.

• Hello, I want to ask, I have bought this VPS, but with renewal payments every month, not every year.
    does the next month's payment still get a promo or does it come back with the initial price of $4.20?

@rokimiftah said:
    Hello, I want to ask, I have bought this VPS, but with renewal payments every month, not every year.
    does the next month's payment still get a promo or does it come back with the initial price of $4.20?

Hello @rokimiftah , the discounted price is recurring for 12 months, so your OVHcoud VPS starter will renew at 1$ for the next 11 months.
    Hope this helps

• Hello @rokimiftah , the discounted price is recurring for 12 months, so your OVHcoud VPS starter will renew at 1$ for the next 11 months.
    Hope this helps

By the way, my account has been deleted😂
    can you check what happened?

@rokimiftah said:

Hello @rokimiftah , the discounted price is recurring for 12 months, so your OVHcoud VPS starter will renew at 1$ for the next 11 months.
    Hope this helps

By the way, my account has been deleted😂
    can you check what happened?

Hello @rokimiftah, your account/service was deleted by our fraud team.

• The starter VPS deal is not available on the Canadian site?

• @caddr QEMU will complain about KVM not found :smile: as nested virtualization is disabled. If you were able to do it then it's a miracle.

• coventcovent Member
    edited February 2023

@Pawan said:
    @caddr QEMU will complain about KVM not found :smile: as nested virtualization is disabled. If you were able to do it then it's a miracle.

There's yabs on 1st page of this thread by cadddr himself where nested virtualization is enabled so I guess that explains the "miracle"

Edit: it's actually @cadddr, I think you tagged the wrong username

Thanked by 1Pawan
  • @agou888 said:
    I've been deleted twice for no reason

usss, without mail they locked account

• @OVH_APAC can you please clarify if custom OS is possible or not? Using rescue, QEMU etc..

hi @Pawan , this is not something we officially support. Hope it helps!

Thanked by 1Pawan

@arbae said:
    The starter VPS deal is not available on the Canadian site?

Hello @arbae , no sorry , offer is only valid on some OVHcloud portals as listed below and will expire tomorrow 21 February 2023, 13:00 GMT

• corenetcorenet Member
    edited April 2023

hello OVH #OVH ... i try order #15084502 and i am paid... and wait 3 days where is my vps...???
    Please back my money bro.. ticket NO RESPONSE AND now i can not login...

are you real selling or just kidding to everyone

• OVH..OH OVH :#

• Not good, I get 200ms ping from indonesia using Telkom and Indosat,

Order no. 15086827

• baijobaijo Member

is can payment use Paypal?

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

I need one of those VPS for my private Wireguard VPN collection.

Let me know if someone wants to transfer one.

• @Shakib said:
    I need one of those VPS for my private Wireguard VPN collection.

Let me know if someone wants to transfer one.

when will finally come a hostcram frankfurt beast for little money?

Thanked by 1Shakib
  • hochthocht Member

@OVH_APAC why this offer is for new customer only? Don't you need existing customers?

• I created a new account two days ago and paid for an order with my credit card. Then, my account was deleted. If you don't intend to serve me, please return my order payment. I can't log in now. Today, I re registered my account and opened a work order. I hope you can do something useful

• Hi, my VPS order has been pending for 2 days now. I can understand if it's a bare metal server, but it's not. Why it's taking so long. can you check? I also opened a ticket but no response to it either. order no: 15090395

UPDATE: Apparently, my order is canceled now without even letting me know. I placed a new order (order no: 15171009 ). my previous order money is still pending.

https://i.imgur.com/KORWibQ.png

• @babayaga said:
    Hi, my VPS order has been pending for 2 days now. I can understand if it's a bare metal server, but it's not. Why it's taking so long. can you check? I also opened a ticket but no response to it either. order no: 15090395

UPDATE: Apparently, my order is canceled now without even letting me know. I placed a new order (order no: 15171009 ). my previous order money is still pending.

https://i.imgur.com/KORWibQ.png

now I can't even login to my account. what is happening? first time trying OVH and you guys give me so much frustration.

Hi @newlan , @babayaga

If your order was cancelled, depending on the payment method used, the pre-authorization charge will expire within 9 to 14 days for credit cards and 21 to 29 days for PayPal from the date the order was placed. We strongly encourage providing accurate personal information and/or necessary supporting documents if requested for all orders. If you feel that you had already done so, kindly drop us a PM with your order + ticket numbers so that we can investigate it.

• @OVH_APAC said:
    Hi @newlan , @babayaga

If your order was cancelled, depending on the payment method used, the pre-authorization charge will expire within 9 to 14 days for credit cards and 21 to 29 days for PayPal from the date the order was placed. We strongly encourage providing accurate personal information and/or necessary supporting documents if requested for all orders. If you feel that you had already done so, kindly drop us a PM with your order + ticket numbers so that we can investigate it.

I provided accurate information. Also, they didn't even inform me about account deletion or order cancellation and didn't ask for any necessary supporting documents. I wasted 3 days of mine thinking OVH was a reliable provider. I should have gone with any other provider here or DO / Vultr / Linode. They are instant, and I never had a problem with them. This promotion feels like a fake one to me.

So I have to wait for one month to get my refund? Thank god it's just 2$ imagine trying to buy a bare metal server from OVH, and you do this to me. Deleting accounts and canceling orders without even an email notification is very concerning.

This discussion has been closed.