Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS under 1$/m for a year - No commitment - 2GB RAM, 20GB SSD - APAC, EU or NAM hosting [OVHcloud] - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS under 1$/m for a year - No commitment - 2GB RAM, 20GB SSD - APAC, EU or NAM hosting [OVHcloud]

Comments

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@OVH_APAC said:

@OVH_APAC said:
    VPS offer perks:

• VPS "Starter" at 77% OFF for the first 12 months: $0.97/m for 12 months (then $4.20/month) (no commitment required)
    • Europe, North America (Canada), Asia-Pacific (Singapore & Australia) hosting locations
    • Offer ends January 17th 23:59 (GMT+1) --> Extended to January 24th
    • Valid for new customers only

Key VPS Features:

• Full root access
    • KVM virtualisation
    • One-click RAM or storage upgrade
    • DDoS protection included
    • 99.9% SLA
    • Multiple hosting regions in Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific (Singapore & Australia)

VPS Starter specifications

• 1 vCore
    • 2GB RAM
    • 20GB SSD SATA
    • Unmetered Traffic @ 100Mbps*

*For VPS hosted in Sydney and Singapore, we offer outbound data: 1TB traffic/month for the VPS range “Starter” . Bandwidth is reduced to 10Mbps once the monthly quota is exceeded.
    Inbound data is unmetered.

How to buy? Please choose according to your location:

This VPS offer is also available for our fellow Australians and Singaporeans via the below local websites: (fixed payment in local currency)

Offer is extended until January 24th (-:

• @OVH_APAC said:

@Mhanuar said:
    Since there is is no REAL LIVE support in OVH and my email has been ignored just like that, so here is my question. On 1st invoice, there is no VAT 23% fee. Then, why do you charge me an extra VAT 23% on next invoice ? I don't live in europe. [INVOICE IE1230973]

Hello @Mhanuar, I suggest you to contact our support team via your control panel and request for tax exemption (You might need to provide some documents).
    Hope this helps.

well i have contacted the support tea, via ticket, and i m surprised to get response within 5 minutes,, ovh support is very good,, i must say

Thanked by 2OVH_APAC greentea

@Proxecure said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@Mhanuar said:
    Since there is is no REAL LIVE support in OVH and my email has been ignored just like that, so here is my question. On 1st invoice, there is no VAT 23% fee. Then, why do you charge me an extra VAT 23% on next invoice ? I don't live in europe. [INVOICE IE1230973]

Hello @Mhanuar, I suggest you to contact our support team via your control panel and request for tax exemption (You might need to provide some documents).
    Hope this helps.

well i have contacted the support tea, via ticket, and i m surprised to get response within 5 minutes,, ovh support is very good,, i must say

Thank you @Proxecure, i'm glad to hear a positive feedback for a change (-;
    We do have some tickets that take longer than others but our support teams across the globe are doing their best (-:

Thanked by 1Proxecure

@OVH_APAC said:
    VPS offer perks:

• VPS "Starter" at 77% OFF for the first 12 months: $0.97/m for 12 months (then $4.20/month) (no commitment required)
    • Europe, North America (Canada), Asia-Pacific (Singapore & Australia) hosting locations
    • Offer ends 24 January 2023, 13:00 GMT

Key VPS Features:

• Full root access
    • KVM virtualisation
    • 99.9% SLA
    • Multiple hosting regions in Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific (Singapore & Australia)

• 1 vCore
    • 2GB RAM
    • 20GB SSD SATA

*For VPS hosted in Sydney and Singapore, we offer outbound data: 1TB traffic/month for the VPS range “Starter” . Bandwidth is reduced to 10Mbps once the monthly quota is exceeded.

Hello all, fixing the end time of this offer (sorry for the typo in one of my previous post):
    Offer ends 24 January 2023, 13:00 GMT Full T&Cs available online.

• @OVH_APAC said:

@Proxecure said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@Mhanuar said:

Hope this helps.

Thank you @Proxecure, i'm glad to hear a positive feedback for a change (-;
    We do have some tickets that take longer than others but our support teams across the globe are doing their best (-:

dear, i have createdd a ticket week ago, submitted al required documents for removal of vat, i m still waiting for reply and, yeah 25 is due date, and i m not able to generate invoice,, so i m afraid my server might get cancelled, pls look into it and resolve this issue, geenrate my invoice so i could pay in time, thanks in advance

• So this is not available for USA ?

• @yozh said:
    So this is not available for USA ?

not anymore

• Why just for new customers?

• @OVH_APAC said:

I submitted an order on 22th but received an email mentioning that I need to wait for the verification, however, after 48 hours, my account got deleted with NO REFUND/EMAIL/EXPLANATION/STATUS. Can you tell me what's going on there?

• mcsmcs Member

@malekpour said:

@OVH_APAC said:

I submitted an order on 22th but received an email mentioning that I need to wait for the verification, however, after 48 hours, my account got deleted with NO REFUND/EMAIL/EXPLANATION/STATUS. Can you tell me what's going on there?

So, you failed their security check and they blocked you. However, they consider it normal not to notify every person about this, so you will not receive any notification by mail. But this is actually a 100% block if you are trying to enter from the site in your region from which you made the order. The money will be returned, but it will take 10-14 days to process the return if the payment was made by card. If the payment was made by Paypal, a refund can be made up to a month on their part. It is best to call their support for your region, and specifically for the region where you made the order, since they have different order numbers and customer databases and request information to return your money according to your order number that was in your email . Also, in order not to wait for long returns from OVH, you need to contact the bank or paypal directly and demand a refund there, it will be faster. Also, even the OVH support service - can immediately tell you that you did not pass the verification and therefore your account was deleted, but they did not receive the money and they are not, as it were, responsible for this payment, but according to the standard regulations, the process should be implemented as I said higher.

Thanked by 2Sanjue007 malekpour
  • @mcs said:

@malekpour said:

@OVH_APAC said:

So, you failed their security check and they blocked you. However, they consider it normal not to notify every person about this, so you will not receive any notification by mail. But this is actually a 100% block if you are trying to enter from the site in your region from which you made the order. The money will be returned, but it will take 10-14 days to process the return if the payment was made by card. If the payment was made by Paypal, a refund can be made up to a month on their part. It is best to call their support for your region, and specifically for the region where you made the order, since they have different order numbers and customer databases and request information to return your money according to your order number that was in your email . Also, in order not to wait for long returns from OVH, you need to contact the bank or paypal directly and demand a refund there, it will be faster. Also, even the OVH support service - can immediately tell you that you did not pass the verification and therefore your account was deleted, but they did not receive the money and they are not, as it were, responsible for this payment, but according to the standard regulations, the process should be implemented as I said higher.

Seriously? What is exactly wrong with them? Can't they simply request documents for verification? I mean, the logical path is asking for documents if you have any suspicion.

• mcsmcs Member
    edited January 2023

@malekpour said:

@mcs said:

@malekpour said:

@OVH_APAC said:

Seriously? What is exactly wrong with them? Can't they simply request documents for verification? I mean, the logical path is asking for documents if you have any suspicion.

There are no jokes and that I told is really . I have bought many servers for new clients in this server deal, so I said what you get in practice. Even if they ask for documents and you can give them documents - it happens that the slightest typo or even a slight mismatch in the address from the same country, they reject such orders. That is for example, you chose your work address when ordering, they asked you for documents, and you show your home address, they check and you get a refusal. Also, even normal documents are rejected by many people, and I don’t know what this is connected with, especially if you paid with a card. Those who pay by paypal have less problems. The process works like this - if they have no questions, you get your servers from 12 hours or a maximum of a day. Regarding requesting documents - they should have given you 48 hours to approve the documents if they have the slightest suspicion of identity and attempted fraud. But they can also do so - that if you do not pass the security system check using the data immediately indicated, then they do not request additional documents, but consider such an order suspicious, cancel it and delete your account without notifying you. Therefore, I wrote the sequence of actions that you need to finally resolve your issue. I hope this time I explained more detail.

Thanked by 1malekpour
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

@OVH_APAC

I know I have asked before, but any chance of you doing 3Ghz + VPS servers please?

@Proxecure said:
    dear, i have createdd a ticket week ago, submitted al required documents for removal of vat, i m still waiting for reply and, yeah 25 is due date, and i m not able to generate invoice,, so i m afraid my server might get cancelled, pls look into it and resolve this issue, geenrate my invoice so i could pay in time, thanks in advance

Hi @Proxecure , do you have a ticket number that you can drop to us in PM?

@malekpour said:

@OVH_APAC said:

Hi @malekpour , indeed we have a strict order verification process. We strongly encourage to provide accurate personal details and/or provide the supporting documents when requested for all new orders.

@JamesF said:
    @OVH_APAC

I know I have asked before, but any chance of you doing 3Ghz + VPS servers please?

Hi @JamesF , we're afraid not, however if you need 3GHz+ you may want to consider our CPU-optimised public cloud instances: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/public-cloud/guaranteed-resources/

• @OVH_APAC said:
    Hi @malekpour , indeed we have a strict order verification process. We strongly encourage to provide accurate personal details and/or provide the supporting documents when requested for all new orders.

I entered every single detail and indeed I have documents for all of them. But OVH didn't ask for anything from me and directly removed my account! This is not an expected way of behaving from big players. I really feel disappointed by this.

• @OVH_APAC said:

@Proxecure said:

please check pm, and generate invoice,

• @OVH_APAC said:

@Proxecure said:

its been 2 days, and my invoice hasnt been generated yet, my service may get suspended just bcz of v late response from ovh side, please look into this matter and geenrate invoice so i could pay ,,

• Been waiting for 2 days and got cancelled without any information

• @Patriarch said:
    Been waiting for 2 days and got cancelled without any information

waiting for what?

• @Proxecure said:

@Patriarch said:

waiting for what?

I ordered the VPS starter on Singapore, they said it needs verification process around 48 hours.

• @Patriarch said:

@Proxecure said:

@Patriarch said:

waiting for what?

I ordered the VPS starter on Singapore, they said it needs verification process around 48 hours.

wel, sometime they respond promptly , but i m facing the same issue, my server migt get suspend just bcz of late reply from ovh, i m still waiting for invoice,,

• Two questions:
    1) is this offer still ongoing
    2) do you offer custom ISOs?

• @rmeskill said:
    Two questions:

still available
    I don't know about the possibility of install custom ISO, however, if you can boot to rescue system you can install anything on your disk.

@OVH_APAC said:
    VPS offer perks:

• Asia-Pacific (Singapore & Australia) hosting locations or Europe or North America (Canada)
    • Offer ends February 21st 1:00PM (GMT)

Key VPS Features:

• Full root access
    • KVM virtualisation
    • 99.9% SLA

• 1 vCore
    • 2GB RAM
    • 20GB SSD SATA

Offer is still valid indeed! Expiry Date updated to 21st Feb 2023 above

• Nested virtualization is disabled. Booting from rescue won't help install OS.

• @OVH_APAC Is it possible to move a few ips from my ovh dedi to vps in the same location?

• @malekpour said:

@OVH_APAC said:

I entered every single detail and indeed I have documents for all of them. But OVH didn't ask for anything from me and directly removed my account! This is not an expected way of behaving from big players. I really feel disappointed by this.

Same. Seems they don’t like signups from certain countries.

Thanked by 1malekpour

@jmaxwell said:

@malekpour said:

@OVH_APAC said:

Same. Seems they don’t like signups from certain countries.

Feel free to send us a PM with your order number for investigation.

@niceboy said:
    @OVH_APAC Is it possible to move a few ips from my ovh dedi to vps in the same location?

HEllo @niceboy , additional IPs can be moved from a service to another within the same account. (You would need to log in to your control panel to do this)

@rmeskill said:
    Two questions:

Hello @rmeskill

1: yes the VPS starter offer still available until Feb 21st
    2: you cannot install custom image on VPS, but you can on OVHcloud Dedicated server (https://docs.ovh.com/asia/en/dedicated/bringyourownimage/)

Thanked by 1Pawan
This discussion has been closed.