Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS under 1$/m for a year - No commitment - 2GB RAM, 20GB SSD - APAC, EU or NAM hosting [OVHcloud] - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS under 1$/m for a year - No commitment - 2GB RAM, 20GB SSD - APAC, EU or NAM hosting [OVHcloud]

Comments

• still pending :/

• Thanks for this super offer :( after a successful order, i provided my id card information and a photo of myself with it. Just a few hours ago, i finally received an answer:

" we successfully validated your account but our system automatically cancelled your order as we were not able to review the documentation you sent within 48 hours. Make a new order but keep in mind the promotion on Vps starter is no longer valid "

So, OVH, i hope you do realise that you ask new clients to provide highly private information without product delivary. This offer is a scam, stay away !!!

• emperoremperor Member
    edited January 2023

@Heost said: This offer is a scam, stay away !!!

So that's why new customers only... now is starting to make sense.. fresh i** blood "cough" customers every new deal.

• seen this offer in ovh over years repeating.
    hoping you guys going to do something different some day.

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@theraw said:
    seen this offer in ovh over years repeating.

@Heost said:
    Thanks for this super offer :( after a successful order, i provided my id card information and a photo of myself with it. Just a few hours ago, i finally received an answer:

" we successfully validated your account but our system automatically cancelled your order as we were not able to review the documentation you sent within 48 hours. Make a new order but keep in mind the promotion on Vps starter is no longer valid "

So, OVH, i hope you do realise that you ask new clients to provide highly private information without product delivary. This offer is a scam, stay away !!!

Hello @Heost , could you send me your order number or a ticket number in PM? This is strange to me as orders have a 2 weeks validity. Will take this with the support team. thanks.

@theraw said:

Hello @theraw , I have been around for 6years..best OVHcloud VPS offers I have seen so far (-:
    We do regular offers on VPS but often with a minimum commitment of 12 or 24 months..this one has no commitment and at a price which have never been seen before! (some older members will say the good old VPS discovery APAC was better, yet it was not 1$/m!)

• @OVH_APAC said:

@theraw said:

Hello @theraw , I have been around for 6years..best OVHcloud VPS offers I have seen so far (-:
    We do regular offers on VPS but often with a minimum commitment of 12 or 24 months..this one has no commitment and at a price which have never been seen before! (some older members will say the good old VPS discovery APAC was better, yet it was not 1$/m!)

How I can sent a ticket to ovh since I can't login to my account, tried to forgot password but never receive an email, I have placed ordered vps since 1/5/23 but there is no respond email for this order.

• @Heost said:
    This offer is a scam, stay away !!!

Couldn’t agree more. I didn’t even get any instructions to send ID. Card was charged and then nothing.

• @anda said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@theraw said:

How I can sent a ticket to ovh since I can't login to my account, tried to forgot password but never receive an email, I have placed ordered vps since 1/5/23 but there is no respond email for this order.

OVH has issues delivering e-mail properly, whenever redirections are involved.
    In case you don't receive all or some e-mail (e.g. login verification codes, billing notifications etc.), the easy (or only?) way is to contact their staff through Twitter (!) so that they can add another email address to your account (or switch between addresses, in case you had a secondary address already registered).

They won't fix their broken e-mail delivery system, btw. Highly unprofessionnal.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Shot2 said: contact their staff through Twitter

Dafuq? I don't even have Twitter and would certainly not create an account for that.

Thanked by 2AuroraZero OhJohn
  • @Maounique said:

@Shot2 said: contact their staff through Twitter

Dafuq? I don't even have Twitter and would certainly not create an account for that.

Then you'd remain locked out of your account (their phone support is not even worth mentioning) :D
    In order to open a support ticket about one's inability to log in, it is required to log in first. Catch22.ovhcloud.com.

@anda said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@theraw said:

Could you please provide me with your order number or email in PM? I will get the support team to assist if needed. Please also make sure you login from the local OVHcloud website from which you ordered.

• after two days I can't log in through my account... Invalid Account ID or password ... the server also cannot be accessed ... even though I am a new vps user from ovh ... will they refund my money?

• Why does ovhcloud discriminate against Chinese people because there is no option for China when registering to choose a country?

• TekoTeko Member
    edited January 2023

@jiao930835419 said:
    Why does ovhcloud discriminate against Chinese people because there is no option for China when registering to choose a country?

Ask ur MJJ friends.

Chinese customers always bring trouble and abuse their services.

Most Chinese customer litter the registration system. Example from MXroute: Seymour Butts, Cook Poo, Fuq Mei, who lives in Alabama, China.

Most of them will spam you once they don’t agree to the service. Example: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/183468/chinese-customers-ticket-and-meaning-hope-to-help

Due to the China policy. There is a GFW filtering their network. Most of them argue with the IP blocked by their government, slow connection speed, package loss…. etc. Then request to change IP for free or refund. If you don’t do so, they will create a dispute on PayPal. :)

Most of them don’t know what is fair use policy.

Most of them don’t read the content even if the text is translated into Chinese.

That’s why many providers hate Chinese customers.

很多人都不是很懂,就跟風上車了,又菜又愛玩,又要便宜又要穩定又要快。
    線路不會看,looking glass不會用,註冊信息亂填,買了發現翻牆不好用就退款,罵商家。
    拿虛擬卡註冊,跑欠費。看見免費,就註冊大量帳號,寫腳本倒賣。
    我相信在其他國家也會有差不多的情況,但中國網民多,底數大,當中有素質好的壞的,壞的在搞事情,以偏概全,才導致分歧。

• First post, OVHcloud is excluding Canada/USA in signups on https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/vps/, anyone else see that and perhaps know why?

• @daereth said:
    First post, OVHcloud is excluding Canada/USA in signups on https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/vps/, anyone else see that and perhaps know why?

Visiting https://www.ovhcloud.com/en-ca/vps/ and https://us.ovhcloud.com/vps/ are the correct route apparently for US/CA the offer does not exist on these pages. What a advertising shame!

• mcsmcs Member

@aditaja said:
    after two days I can't log in through my account... Invalid Account ID or password ... the server also cannot be accessed ... even though I am a new vps user from ovh ... will they refund my money?

So you didn't pass their security check and they blocked you. At the same time, they consider it normal not to notify every person about this, therefore, you will not receive any notification by mail. But this is actually a 100% block if you are trying to enter from the site of your region from which you made the order. They will return the money, but they will take from 5-10 days for processing. In your case, you can contact them by phone - give your original order number and clarify the terms for the return of funds, as a rule, support in this case responds normally, and this has been tested in practice. The best way to call in Ireland is the support service by phone - +353 (0) 1 691 72 83

@aditaja said:
    after two days I can't log in through my account... Invalid Account ID or password ... the server also cannot be accessed ... even though I am a new vps user from ovh ... will they refund my money?

Hello @aditaja , Could you send me in PM your order number? It might be fraud check related. thanks

• i tried to order this offer in us and eu zones, but all my orders were canceled. And they didn't make refunds (only one refund from 4 orders attempts).
    Account: [email protected]

• there is no united states in list of country of residence!??

• is it possible to run the directadmin control panel on this vps?

• ``> @mcsm said:

is it possible to run the directadmin control panel on this vps?

Yes. A minimum 2 GB of memory is required (4+ GB is preferred)

@lamp said:
    there is no united states in list of country of residence!??

For US based customers, please visit: us.ovhcloud.com, however please note this promo is no longer available on the US portal.

• OVH doesn't talk about WuDe

• how long does it take to get a vps ? my paypal has been charged a few weeks ago ..no reply to tickets and nothing delivered

@zbrian said:
    how long does it take to get a vps ? my paypal has been charged a few weeks ago ..no reply to tickets and nothing delivered

Hello @zbrian, Could you please send your order number in PM? Thanks

• MhanuarMhanuar Member
    edited January 2023

Since there is is no REAL LIVE support in OVH and my email has been ignored just like that, so here is my question. On 1st invoice, there is no VAT 23% fee. Then, why do you charge me an extra VAT 23% on next invoice ? I don't live in europe. [INVOICE IE1230973]

• umzumz Member

This would really be much more attractive if it were recurring.

@Mhanuar said:
    Since there is is no REAL LIVE support in OVH and my email has been ignored just like that, so here is my question. On 1st invoice, there is no VAT 23% fee. Then, why do you charge me an extra VAT 23% on next invoice ? I don't live in europe. [INVOICE IE1230973]

Hello @Mhanuar, I suggest you to contact our support team via your control panel and request for tax exemption (You might need to provide some documents).
    Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.