Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenCloud's Thread - News, Requests, Feedbacks and Chit-chat! - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenCloud's Thread - News, Requests, Feedbacks and Chit-chat!

Comments

• @Mumbly said:
    Someone here most likely opened work ord.. support ticket. So? Keep us informed, no need for everyone to bother with the same thing poor guy on the night shift there.

I have received below reply.

It seems there is a network issue on your VPS and we are working to solve it. In this case could you please try again in a few hours ?

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • I'm also having lags on Frankfurt, DE. Thought it was me, glad I'm not alone. Hopefully it'll be solved easily. Good luck, whoever's working on it!

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited December 2022

My server is back.

@ravi said: This new and un-used VPS shows 79.06 GB bandwidth used in 1-day. (no idea).

@AXYZE said: 239.08 GB of 2 TB Used

Now, when you mentioned...

158.86 GB of 4 TB Used / 3.84 TB Free

That's also "a bit" much for an idler.

Apart from one vps which isn't idler (10.08 GB of 6 TB Used - ryzen NL) all other VPSes I have with them have from 200MB to 2GB max usage.

• My VPS at Frankfurt is at even worse situation right now. Web is almost unresponsive and I cannot even SSH. I'm just glad this is already addressed and is being worked right now.

• @arda said:
    My VPS at Frankfurt is at even worse situation right now. Web is almost unresponsive and I cannot even SSH. I'm just glad this is already addressed and is being worked right now.

How is your situation "even worse" if it's the same as everyone else mentioned it here? :D

Thanked by 1bdl
  • ardaarda Member
    edited December 2022

@JabJab said:

@arda said:
    My VPS at Frankfurt is at even worse situation right now. Web is almost unresponsive and I cannot even SSH. I'm just glad this is already addressed and is being worked right now.

How is your situation "even worse" if it's the same as everyone else mentioned it here? :D

Well, I don't know if Frankfurt is a one server, or a single data center, shame on me for not knowing the location's actual infrastructure, right? And when I checked when people mentioned by that time I could navigate easily, maybe it was an instant thingy. I don't have stuff like netdata installed.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited December 2022

Hooray!
    DE fixed just now.

@NDTN could we get insight into what happened in this node?

Edit: aaaand problem came back, but now its not that major (200ms ping instead of 700-800ms)

• swagswag Member
    edited December 2022

@Merakith said:
    @aLmiNjER My Frankfurt VPS is down.

Same here, looks like my 5555 LET DE is so lag.
    Earlier, I'm not able to ssh into it as well.

Ok, my node is on KVMDE1
    I'm on the same boat as everyone else :-)

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Sorry for the delay, there were several issues so it took more time to resolve. The first one is the kernel issue, we are using Kernelcare, it seems that iptables stopped working with the newest kernel which partially affected the network. Another issue is the DDoS attack to one of the VM. The network is back to normal now, we are still monitoring it closely and working with the DC to adjust the DDoS filter to avoid future cases like this.

• @NDTN said:
    Sorry for the delay, there were several issues so it took more time to resolve. The first one is the kernel issue, we are using Kernelcare, it seems that iptables stopped working with the newest kernel which partially affected the network. Another issue is the DDoS attack to one of the VM. The network is back to normal now, we are still monitoring it closely and working with the DC to adjust the DDoS filter to avoid future cases like this.

thank you for the update :smile:
    My Frankfurt VPS seems to be fine now.

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • @NDTN said:

Thanks for the update, my VPS is back but still with some packet loss.

24 packets transmitted, 23 received, 4.16667% packet loss, time 23038ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 275.674/275.784/275.907/0.068 ms

• aLmiNjERaLmiNjER Member
    edited December 2022

@swag said:

@NDTN said:

@swag I'm afraid that's on your end. I did two ping tests twice an hour apart on both IPv4 and IPv6, and I had 0% packet loss in all tests with minimal variance.

Thank you @NDTN for fixing the issues quickly, and giving us a detailed explanation as to what went wrong. It gives us more confidence in the product and your service. Outages cannot be completely avoided, but the response to them is what differentiates a good product from the rest.

Thanked by 1Merakith
  • Thank you @NDTN

• @NDTN It seems that the 2222 JP in holiday-sale-2022 is a 1Gbps network port, will it be upgraded to 10Gbps in the future?

• @aLmiNjER said:

@swag said:

@NDTN said:

@swag I'm afraid that's on your end. I did two ping tests twice an hour apart on both IPv4 and IPv6, and I had 0% packet loss in all tests with minimal variance.

Thank you @NDTN for fixing the issues quickly, and giving us a detailed explanation as to what went wrong. It gives us more confidence in the product and your service. Outages cannot be completely avoided, but the response to them is what differentiates a good product from the rest.

Thanks @aLmiNjER, I believed your VPS (5555 LET DE) and are on the same node as my VPS. If that's the case it explained the lag might be coming from my end :-)

• @swag said:

@aLmiNjER said:

@swag said:

@NDTN said:

Thanks @aLmiNjER, I believed your VPS (5555 LET DE) and are on the same node as my VPS. If that's the case it explained the lag might be coming from my end :-)

That's correct. You can always use LG to ping your VPS from another location, for example: lgnl.greencloudvps.com/

• @aLmiNjER said:

@swag said:

@aLmiNjER said:

@swag said:

@NDTN said:

That's correct. You can always use LG to ping your VPS from another location, for example: lgnl.greencloudvps.com/

Got it on the LG @aLmiNjER, there is a typo on my earlier message. It's packet loss not lag :-)

• Ryzen10GbpsJP-3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     OS           : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (64 Bit)
     Virt/Kernel  : KVM / 5.10.0-20-amd64
     CPU Model    : AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
     CPU Cores    : 2 @ 3393.622 MHz x86_64 512 KB Cache
     CPU Flags    : AES-NI Enabled & VM-x/AMD-V Enabled
     Load Average : 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
     Total Space  : 32G (2.9G ~10% used)
     Total RAM    : 2987 MB (368 MB + 408 MB Buff in use)
     Total SWAP   : 3071 MB (0 MB in use)
     Uptime       : 0 days 1:6
     ASN & ISP    : AS23959, Nexeon Technologies
     Organization : 365 Group LLC
     Location     : Tokyo, Japan / JP
     Region       : Tokyo

## Geekbench v4 CPU Benchmark:

Single Core : 6066  (THE BEAST)
       Multi Core : 10471

## IO Test

CPU Speed:
        bzip2     : 138 MB/s
       sha256     : 343 MB/s
       md5sum     : 772 MB/s

RAM Speed:
       Avg. write : 5085.9 MB/s
       Avg. read  : 10956.8 MB/s

Disk Speed:
       1st run    : 1.8 GB/s
       2nd run    : 1.8 GB/s
       3rd run    : 1.7 GB/s
       -----------------------
       Average    : 1809.1 MB/s

## Asia Speedtest.net

Location                         Upload           Download         Ping   
     Nearby                           2457.99 Mbit/s   4517.22 Mbit/s   2.242 ms
     India, New Delhi (Weebo)         127.63 Mbit/s    339.80 Mbit/s   155.097 ms
     India, Mumbai (OneBroadband)     74.26 Mbit/s     149.91 Mbit/s   139.263 ms
     Sri Lanka, Colombo (Telecom PLC) 178.24 Mbit/s    482.71 Mbit/s    98.576 ms
     Pakistan, Islamabad (Telenor)    26.82 Mbit/s     85.96 Mbit/s    273.312 ms
     Bangladesh, Dhaka (Skytel)       129.14 Mbit/s    170.87 Mbit/s   136.877 ms
     Bhutan, Thimphu (Bhutan Telecom) 131.02 Mbit/s    292.35 Mbit/s   151.827 ms
     Myanmar, Yangon (5BB Broadband)  199.69 Mbit/s    533.80 Mbit/s    97.511 ms
     Laos, Vientaine (Mangkone)       144.67 Mbit/s    342.29 Mbit/s   108.702 ms
     Thailand, Bangkok (CAT Telecom)  231.14 Mbit/s    545.53 Mbit/s    81.786 ms
     Cambodia, Phnom Penh (Smart)     211.03 Mbit/s    531.13 Mbit/s    98.883 ms
     Vietnam, Hanoi (Viettel)         169.32 Mbit/s    428.45 Mbit/s   104.697 ms
     Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur (Extreme) 103.05 Mbit/s    417.86 Mbit/s    81.936 ms
     Singapore (StarHub)              270.90 Mbit/s    676.36 Mbit/s    73.130 ms
     Indonesia, Jakarta (Desnet)      199.94 Mbit/s    125.85 Mbit/s    80.447 ms
     Philippines, Manila (Globe Tel)  398.15 Mbit/s    1013.86 Mbit/s   77.070 ms
     Hong Kong (fdcservers)           85.04 Mbit/s     327.86 Mbit/s   158.943 ms
     Taiwan, Taipei (TAIFO)           363.99 Mbit/s    420.38 Mbit/s    31.443 ms
     Japan, Tsukuba (SoftEther)       2636.12 Mbit/s   2824.78 Mbit/s    2.827 ms

Finished in : 9 min 32 sec
     Timestamp   : 2022-12-27 23:32:17 GMT
     Saved in    : /root/speedtest.log

Share results:
     - https://www.speedtest.net/result/14129837181.png
     - https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/16690616
     - https://clbin.com/xhyOe

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • ugh do yo have anything cheaper

• @NDTN will you do a buy 2 year, get 1 year free promo?

• @bamboo4409 said:
    @NDTN will you do a buy 2 year, get 1 year free promo?

• Dedicated cores would be something I'm really looking forward to :love

Thanked by 1NDTN

@J0rmo said:
    @NDTN It seems that the 2222 JP in holiday-sale-2022 is a 1Gbps network port, will it be upgraded to 10Gbps in the future?

It will stay at 1Gbps in the future.

@swag said:

@aLmiNjER said:

@swag said:

@aLmiNjER said:

@swag said:

@NDTN said:

Got it on the LG @aLmiNjER, there is a typo on my earlier message. It's packet loss not lag :-)

We have not seen any issues with the Frankfurt network now, you can open a ticket to our technical department with both side MTR results if you still think there is a routing issue.
    Thanks!

@bamboo4409 said:

Yes we can do that for plans listed on our main greencloudvps.com site.

Thanked by 1swag
  • @bamboo4409 said:

It's already cheap enough for my use, you want more discount ?

• Hi @NDTN,

I just got a recommendation to try out green cloud and was pointed to this thread. Your prices are very competitive, and you provide some interesting locations like Vietnam and UK Coventry. I have a few questions if you don't mind me asking.

1) Given the pricing model on budget series, would I expect heavily over subscribed servers? It worries me a bit, that you don't allow refunds, so I wonder if there is a catch. :smile:
    2) What is a realistic port speed for a 4096MB RAM, 2 cores CPU in Coventry, UK (BudgetKVMUK-2)?
    3) What is the main difference between Budget and Premium KVMs? (My concern is always the realistic port speed and nothing else)
    4) Again in terms of realistic network/port speed, would I achieve the same outcome across KNVMeVN-1, StorageVN-1 and VN-2 (Vietnam)? Because the main difference seems to be the hard disk only.

Many Thanks

• aLmiNjERaLmiNjER Member
    edited December 2022

@houmie said:
    Hi @NDTN,

I just got a recommendation to try out green cloud and was pointed to this thread. Your prices are very competitive, and you provide some interesting locations like Vietnam and UK Coventry. I have a few questions if you don't mind me asking.

1) Given the pricing model on budget series, would I expect heavily over subscribed servers? It worries me a bit, that you don't allow refunds, so I wonder if there is a catch. :smile:
    2) What is a realistic port speed for a 4096MB RAM, 2 cores CPU in Coventry, UK (BudgetKVMUK-2)?
    3) What is the main difference between Budget and Premium KVMs? (My concern is always the realistic port speed and nothing else)
    4) Again in terms of realistic network/port speed, would I achieve the same outcome across KNVMeVN-1, StorageVN-1 and VN-2 (Vietnam)? Because the main difference seems to be the hard disk only.

Many Thanks

I have BudgetKVMUK-1 so I may be able to assist.

1) All the VPSes I have with Greencloud have been speedy so far, but I have only been with them for about a month. They have been around for a long time (2013 at least), so they are probably not a fly-by-night company. https://greencloudvps.com/about-us.php

2) I get between 100 Mbps to 1 Gbps speeds to Germany.

3) I think the difference is really just in the hardware specs, not so much the port speeds. If they are in different data centers, then the actual port speeds could be different. So far again, I have had decent port speeds for all my VPSes with them (except for Dallas, but @NDTN is aware about it and they are getting the data center to fix the bad routes).

4) Note that VN has limited international bandwidth. Generally speaking you would expect more limited / expensive bandwidth in Asia compared with America and Europe where bandwidth is much cheaper.

Finally, you can check their uptime status here: https://status.greencloudvps.com/

Thanked by 2NDTN houmie

@houmie said:
    Hi @NDTN,

Many Thanks

As @aLmiNjER pointed out, I would like to add a few things only:
    1. You have better price with our Budget KVM plans while subscribing to longer billing periods, there is no quality difference between them and our normal plans.
    2. You can always order a normal VPS in Coventry, UK with the same specs to test, we have 7-day money back guarantee for the new clients.
    3. Network is the same, Premium plans have better hardware (EPYC/Ryzen, NVMe 4.0, etc).
    4. Again network will be the same for those plans, but we would not recommend VN location for foreign customers, because the international bandwidth there is not good and limited.

• orion504orion504 Member
    edited December 2022

Still waiting for VN 🇻🇳 plan :)

@orion504 said:
    Still waiting for VN 🇻🇳 plan :)

We have Budget KVM plans available in Ho Chi Minh City, VN:
    https://greencloudvps.com/billing/store/budget-kvm-sale/budgetkvmvn-2
    https://greencloudvps.com/billing/store/budget-kvm-sale/budgetkvmvn-3

The international routes are not good now, might take a few more days for the DC to optimize that. You can ping to the test IP: 103.186.65.236 - if it's good for you then you can place the order.

Thanked by 2kheng86 orion504
  • @NDTN said:

We have Budget KVM plans available in Ho Chi Minh City, VN:
    https://greencloudvps.com/billing/store/budget-kvm-sale/budgetkvmvn-2
    https://greencloudvps.com/billing/store/budget-kvm-sale/budgetkvmvn-3

The international routes are not good now, might take a few more days for the DC to optimize that. You can ping to the test IP: 103.186.65.236 - if it's good for you then you can place the order.

Are there any giveaways for early birds?