Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenCloud's Thread - News, Requests, Feedbacks and Chit-chat! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenCloud's Thread - News, Requests, Feedbacks and Chit-chat!

Comments

• Had my first issue with GreenCloudVPS whereby my VM in San Jose became unresponsive and was unable to login via SSH due to heavy load - my VM is small with 1 website and had been working fine with plenty of capacity.

Support suggested that I reinstall my OS, just a lazy response first initial response but I couldn't even reach the Solus Panel as they were having Cloudflare issues.

So 6 hours later eventually support confirm it is the Server node that has an issue with its OS which they fix but this took a few exchanges.

I don't lodge many tickets unless it is beyond my control.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@emperor said:
    Any plans on bringing Sofia into BudgetKVM line ? :)

No plan in the future as we see low demands there. You can check our other EU locations instead.

@bamboo4409 said:
    Did Greencloud upload a special deal for me yet?

@Star999 said:
    I want SG lol

We have just finished migrating our old rack in Equinix/Newmedia Express to Cyxtera/Datacamp, so SG deals will be back once the uplink is connected.

@Nickman said:
    Hi Greenvps,
    I see your offer on lowendtalk for the VN localtion,
    https://greencloudvps.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=572
    do u still offer it? can u save me a server? really interested in to get one.
    thanks
    and do u have any Christmas plan?

We are sold out in Hanoi now, we might have Ho Chi Minh City deals live this week once the international route is optimized.

@ninjatk said:
    Vietnam bandwidth isn't a good idea for international speed. I think you guys should know it before making any purchase deal.

Yes you should consider using our other APAC locations if you need better international speed.

Thanked by 1bdl

@gowrann said:
    Had my first issue with GreenCloudVPS whereby my VM in San Jose became unresponsive and was unable to login via SSH due to heavy load - my VM is small with 1 website and had been working fine with plenty of capacity.

Support suggested that I reinstall my OS, just a lazy response first initial response but I couldn't even reach the Solus Panel as they were having Cloudflare issues.

So 6 hours later eventually support confirm it is the Server node that has an issue with its OS which they fix but this took a few exchanges.

I don't lodge many tickets unless it is beyond my control.

This was an issue caused by some abusers, the node was not down but high load, it was weekend too so it took more time to resolve.

Thanked by 2davide gowrann
  • @NDTN said:
    This was an issue caused by some abusers, the node was not down but high load, it was weekend too so it took more time to resolve.

What's the feasibility of introducing a sort of CPU credit system that limits the maximum load on noisy neighbors? AWS does this sort of thing on their burstable instances.

Thanked by 2NDTN gowrann
    edited December 2022

@davide said:

@NDTN said:

What's the feasibility of introducing a sort of CPU credit system that limits the maximum load on noisy neighbors? AWS does this sort of thing on their burstable instances.

Thank you for your suggestion, we will look into it. Normally we will let the users to burst to 100% CPU for a period of time, but this time there were several abusers that caused the unexpected high load, we will add more restrictions to our CPU monitor to avoid this issue from happening again.

Thanked by 1gowrann
  • @NDTN said:

, we will add more restrictions to our CPU monitor to avoid this issue from happening again.

Good things unfortunately do not last long due to abusers

Good luck and hope the monitoring minimizes the abuse

Thanked by 1gowrann
  • @NDTN said: Thank you for your suggestion, we will look into it. Normally we will let the users to burst to 100% CPU for a period of time, but this time there were several abusers that caused the unexpected high load, we will add more restrictions to our CPU monitor to avoid this issue from happening again.

Good to hear, the load was running off the charts > 46 , would also be good to for first level support to be aware of this instead of making suggestions to reinstall the VM.

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • Seems like there hasn't been a promotion in Los Angeles for a long time? Looking forward to the next promotion to buy vps in LA. :)

• Anyone hosted at budget (not ryzen) NL node willing to run yabs and report back iperf3 Network Speed Tests for IPv6 result?

• @Mumbly said:
    Anyone hosted at budget (not ryzen) NL node willing to run yabs and report back iperf3 Network Speed Tests for IPv6 result?

happy greencloud birthday.

Thanked by 1Mumbly
  • happy birthday

this is all i can say when i see GreenCloud

happy #fartsound

Thanked by 2NDTN bdl
  • orion504orion504 Member
    edited December 2022

@NDTN said:
    We are sold out in Hanoi now, we might have Ho Chi Minh City deals live this week once the international route is optimized.

Looking forward to it. Wish LET had subscribe button 🤔

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • @ehab said:

@Mumbly said:
    Anyone hosted at budget (not ryzen) NL node willing to run yabs and report back iperf3 Network Speed Tests for IPv6 result?

happy greencloud birthday.

Stop poking fun about this! I am deadly serious when it come to IPv6! :P

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @Mumbly said:

I'd like to do so for you, however, my Amsterdam Greencloud VPSes are unreachable by IPv6 for a few hours now. It's a network issue (took some explanation from me to make them see that) and the response is now "please wait a few days then check again".

So basically the fact is that IPv6 isn't something they take seriously because (1) they apparantly don't monitor IPv6 network and (2) if there is a problem, they consider it to be normal to wait a few days to see if it's fixed...

Thanked by 2Mumbly davide
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited December 2022

@Calypso said: It's a network issue (took some explanation from me to make them see that) and the response is now "please wait a few days then check again".

Haha, I went through 10 ticket responses before poor guy finally started to read to realize that it's not my vps issue, but network issue.

The more I was telling him that several NL VPSes on the differend nodes have the same issue, that even their gateway and test IP aren't reachable the more he insisted to fix my vps. He even replaced /112 subnet, like this would change anything :)

At some point when he politely asked me if he can reinstall my VPS I just told him to stop, don't touch anything and let's wait for more people to report issue... then he finally started to check what I was telling him all the time, to finally realize that it's IPv6 network issue.
    I feel almost sorry for him to go through all this individual vps "tweaking" (and in the meantime also waste my time) instead of read my responses, check network from his side and use some logic... :)
    Now it's something like you said: "DC is informed, wait few days and then check again".
    I hope it won't really take few days...

• CalypsoCalypso Member
    edited December 2022

@Mumbly said:
    Now it's something like you said: "DC is informed, wait few days and then check again".
    I hope it won't really take few days...

IPv6 has been flaky for several weeks now - thought it was interconnectivity to my home (from where I do monitoring for IPv6) until I just today setup extra monitoring from a second IPv6 site. And then exactly the same day IPv6 connectivity went down completely...

Thanked by 2Mumbly davide
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited December 2022

@Calypso said: And then exactly the same day IPv6 connectivity went down completely...

Yeah, it started dying exactly 10 hours ago, but for some time it was actually reachable from few locations until it died completely.
    If anything, this partial availability should told him that something is going on with the network not individual vps, but poor guy was determined to fix my vps no matter what. He's otherwise very helpful guy and I felt almost sorry for him :smile:

• Loving my GreenCloud VPS so far. Performance is excellent (NYC).

I would like to ask without raising a ticket or anything like that because it's so obvious - but how can I get a backup of my server? Without getting into too much technicality, is there such a provision somewhere in the Control Panel for this?

Thanks

• @mockingbird said:

how can I get a backup of my server?

Thanks

What type of backup? Did the services you purchase have backups included?

Typically with any unmanaged VPS the client/ owner is responsible for the backups and ensuring they are in a position to restore it when disaster strikes.

HTH

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • Understood... Nothing more need be said. So I'll have to resort to manual per-directory backups on the server, as opposed to say, a dump of the server image. That's perfectly fine. Thanks

• @mockingbird said:
    Understood... Nothing more needs be said. So I'll have to resort to manual per-directory backups on the server, as opposed to say, a dump of the server image. That's perfectly fine. Thanks

I honestly am not sure if what you looking for, a snapshot, is offered.

Does not hurt to check with support once to be sure. And maybe share what you hear back for the community's benefit?

Thnx

@Mumbly said:

@Calypso said: And then exactly the same day IPv6 connectivity went down completely...

Yeah, it started dying exactly 10 hours ago, but for some time it was actually reachable from few locations until it died completely.
    If anything, this partial availability should told him that something is going on with the network not individual vps, but poor guy was determined to fix my vps no matter what. He's otherwise very helpful guy and I felt almost sorry for him :smile:

Let me give more details about the IPv6 issues in NL:
    We have a few racks with our current provider in NL (YISP) that located at Iron Mountain Amsterdam for 4-5 years. But YISP has been sold to Novoserv back in Jan/Feb 2022. The owner of YISP has a new role in Novoserv (CTO). As Novoserv does not offer colocation, YISP suggested us that they will be transfer the management of our racks to Iron Mountain directly and they will serve as transit provider only. It has been a few months since we signed the contract with Iron Mountain and waiting for them to have the xconnects from our racks to Novoserve's racks. We own/rent the IPv4 blocks so there is no issues when doing the migration to our own AS, but the IPv6 block was assigned by YISP and suddenly not working as you mentioned. We have already ask them to announce our /48 IPv6 block from RIPE and will provide more details soon once we have the updates. Once the /48 is live, we will assign a /64 IPv6 to each VM. The staff working on that shift did not have details about the migration and might have confused. We are sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused. We are trying our best to bring up the IPv6 connection back so please bear with us.

@mockingbird said:
    Understood... Nothing more need be said. So I'll have to resort to manual per-directory backups on the server, as opposed to say, a dump of the server image. That's perfectly fine. Thanks

Unfortunately our current Control Panel (SolusVM v1) does not support snapshot. Snapshot is available on SolusVM v2 which we will upgrade to in Q1/2023.

@windtune said:
    Seems like there hasn't been a promotion in Los Angeles for a long time? Looking forward to the next promotion to buy vps in LA. :)

There will be no LA deals in the near future as we are focusing on SJC, they have pretty the same latency and we can say that we have better network in SJC now.

Thanked by 2windtune Daniel15
  • plumbergplumberg Veteran
    edited December 2022

My SJC storage preorder came thru. Thnx @NDTN

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • @NDTN said:

@mockingbird said:
    Understood... Nothing more need be said. So I'll have to resort to manual per-directory backups on the server, as opposed to say, a dump of the server image. That's perfectly fine. Thanks

Unfortunately our current Control Panel (SolusVM v1) does not support snapshot. Snapshot is available on SolusVM v2 which we will upgrade to in Q1/2023.

So glad to hear that :)

Snapshot is exactly what I'm looking for. Looking forward to it.

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • SJC Preorder email just came through. I also received what looks like an automated email re: additional verification. I find it strange since I paid the invoice 3 weeks ago.. would rather not scan my ID/etc. Do I still need to send that in or can I ignore it.

@eoamk said:
    SJC Preorder email just came through. I also received what looks like an automated email re: additional verification. I find it strange since I paid the invoice 3 weeks ago.. would rather not scan my ID/etc. Do I still need to send that in or can I ignore it.

You can ignore it if the VPS information has been sent.

Thanked by 1eoamk
  • @NDTN said:

@tetech said:
    Which DC are you moving to in Dallas?

Nexeon, same address as our current provider (Psychz).

The bandwidth in Dallas appears to be several times slower than those in other locations like UK, Germany, San Jose, and Romania, even though Dallas provides a 10G port. This has been happening for a few weeks now. Is the above upcoming change in DC in Dallas related to this issue?

• https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/19439352

Just have a simple YABS test for SJC 1T storage...I think EPYC 7643 should have a higher score B) @NDTN