Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2022 - Storage and NVMe deals - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2022 - Storage and NVMe deals

Comments

• @nigga44life said:

@lainn said:

@drizbo said:

@lainn said:

@gabydup said:

@lainn said:

@gabydup said:
    Are EPYC NVMe plans vCPUs or physical cores?

3 CPU cores (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)

Does the above plan come with 1 or 3 dedicated cores?

3 AMD EPYC Milan cores (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)
    8 GB DDR4 RAM
    60 GB NVMe Storage

my vps is really slow

Are the cores dedicated? Do you have a YABS?

I dont know how to check dedicated or not, sorry

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

Run this like a true LETer. That will give you idea if VPS is underperforming

@lainn said: I update the OS and install some apps and it has spent for hours, sometime lose the connection

Also are you running desktop enviroment or doing it through ssh terminal?

I ran it yesterday, however i didn't save the results, and I'm installing windows os right now so i can not run it again and post it here

I think it will be stabled after BF & CM deals is end

I am planning to get one to install windows. Please confirm that windows is running smoothly, if so.

Every node is different. Try and see. Don't go by one person's reply

Thanked by 2bdl nigga44life
  • @TimboJones said:

@oem003 said:
    Fuck HostHatch, it stole my money without agreement, it get the payment info when i pay for one order. and one day later , another order that i wont to pay got paid at a holyshit midnight! has no way to cancel unpaied order, has no way to cancel paied invoice neither.

Which part did you have trouble understanding? What made you think you could order something and not pay it? You're complaining about something when you don't realize that you're taking away a server someone else will want to buy.

From OP:

Can I change my server with the X offer?

Unfortunately no. All sales are final, and we cannot offer any changes to them. We cannot replace one pending service with another. We also do not provide any refunds for pending orders. Please make sure you are 100% sure before placing an order, as there is very limited capacity available.

Who give HostHatch the right to take customer's money without his/her agreement? As it just an unpaid invoice, not a complete order. Or you even didn't experience the after-checkout-before-paid period on your online purchase? By the way, what OP said that your mention is only apply to those who DO THE PAY ACTION themself. Not to those FORCED to pay.

• LoL

• bdlbdl Member
    edited November 2022

@oem003 said:

@TimboJones said:

@oem003 said:
    Fuck HostHatch, it stole my money without agreement, it get the payment info when i pay for one order. and one day later , another order that i wont to pay got paid at a holyshit midnight! has no way to cancel unpaied order, has no way to cancel paied invoice neither.

Which part did you have trouble understanding? What made you think you could order something and not pay it? You're complaining about something when you don't realize that you're taking away a server someone else will want to buy.

From OP:

Unfortunately no. All sales are final, and we cannot offer any changes to them. We cannot replace one pending service with another. We also do not provide any refunds for pending orders. Please make sure you are 100% sure before placing an order, as there is very limited capacity available.

Who give HostHatch the right to take customer's money without his/her agreement? As it just an unpaid invoice, not a complete order. Or you even didn't experience the after-checkout-before-paid period on your online purchase? By the way, what OP said that your mention is only apply to those who DO THE PAY ACTION themself. Not to those FORCED to pay.

ssshhh.

• @nigga44life said:

@lainn said:

@drizbo said:

@lainn said:

@gabydup said:

@lainn said:

@gabydup said:

8 GB DDR4 RAM
    60 GB NVMe Storage

my vps is really slow

@lainn said: I update the OS and install some apps and it has spent for hours, sometime lose the connection

I ran it yesterday, however i didn't save the results, and I'm installing windows os right now so i can not run it again and post it here

I am planning to get one to install windows. Please confirm that windows is running smoothly, if so.

almost kvm vps may run the windows os with owner license, I'm not sure about uptime rate so i can not say it smoothly now

Thanked by 1nigga44life
  • @lainn said:

@nigga44life said:

@lainn said:

@drizbo said:

@lainn said:

@gabydup said:

@lainn said:

@gabydup said:

8 GB DDR4 RAM
    60 GB NVMe Storage

my vps is really slow

almost kvm vps may run the windows os with owner license, I'm not sure about uptime rate so i can not say it smoothly now

Thanks. I ordered the 8gb vm and waiting activation. Will let you know the result once I install it.

• Good to see an explanation on this and also on the support (to set the real expectations):

I remember to put a ticket for this a while back and then reaching here, the sheep army jump the wagon...
    Regardless of that particular episode Host Hatch has good servers / service.

• @hosthatch can i pay a 4gb plan then upgrade to 8 gb later?

• Just got my HKG 1TB VPS. I have been with hosthatch for almost 4yrs. Pretty happy with their service overall and I'm quite satisfied with the delivery time this year (compared to
    months of waiting in previous years). However, I do find the IPv6 does not work out of the box. I have IPv6 enabled while purchasing, and can confirm from ifconfig that address assignment is working. It seems that the IPv6 address is assigned properly, however there's no IPv6 route from the host machine. I tried reinstalling Ubuntu 22.04/20.04 and it does not resolve the problem. Already opened an urgent ticket(#459254) since it's an important and promised feature not working properly and probably the problem exists for other people on the same host machine.
    Also the yabs:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-11-22                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Mon Nov 28 05:45:42 UTC 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 17 minutes
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7551P 32-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2000.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 981.2 MiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 902.3 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.4.0-91-generic

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 5.50 MB/s     (1.3k) | 62.80 MB/s     (981)
    Write      | 5.51 MB/s     (1.3k) | 63.19 MB/s     (987)
    Total      | 11.02 MB/s    (2.7k) | 126.00 MB/s   (1.9k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 210.45 MB/s    (411) | 321.13 MB/s    (313)
    Write      | 221.63 MB/s    (432) | 342.52 MB/s    (334)
    Total      | 432.09 MB/s    (843) | 663.65 MB/s    (647)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 829 Mbits/sec   | 871 Mbits/sec   |                
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 779 Mbits/sec   | 913 Mbits/sec   | 191 ms         
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 712 Mbits/sec   | 918 Mbits/sec   |                
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 1.17 Gbits/sec  | 1.16 Gbits/sec  |                
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 621 Mbits/sec   | 721 Mbits/sec   |                
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 602 Mbits/sec   | 681 Mbits/sec   |                
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 924 Mbits/sec   | 1.05 Gbits/sec  |                

Geekbench 5 test failed. Run manually to determine cause.

• srch07srch07 Member
    edited November 2022

Lol. I created a ticket a Sales ticket with marked urgent, to give them a shot after few folks recommended them on my previous post and no response for 48 hours.

No response on sales with urgent label. I am out. :D

You might have the best servers. But if you can't find a decent turn around, it doesn't give confidence.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • @srch07 said: No response on sales with urgent label. I am out. :D

They are busy provisioning servers, give them a few days until things settle down. Anyway they aren't a new provider and it's a similar situation each year. If you want hand holding it's not the right provider, if you can do with little/no support it can be a good deal (hardware issues will be taken care of).

Thanked by 2webcraft bulbasaur
  • @srch07 said:
    Lol. I created a ticket a Sales ticket with marked urgent, to give them a shot after few folks recommended them on my previous post and no response for 48 hours.

You might have the best servers. But if you can't find a decent turn around, it doesn't give confidence.

they have different SLAs for normal paying and discounted deal services.

but you are currently at non-paying customer. so expect delayed response.

• @pbx said:

@srch07 said: No response on sales with urgent label. I am out. :D

They are busy provisioning servers, give them a few days until things settle down. Anyway they aren't a new provider and it's a similar situation each year. If you want hand holding it's not the right provider, if you can do with little/no support it can be a good deal (hardware issues will be taken care of).

Hand holding? Dude, it's a sales ticket.

@cybertech said:

@srch07 said:

How in the world it matters for a Sales ticket?

• @srch07 said:

@pbx said:

@cybertech said:

@srch07 said:

i dont know, I'm not HH.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

The order URLs will stop working in nearly ~20 hours from now. Thank you everyone for your business.

• @hosthatch how do we get double RAM and BW? I opened a ticket, which was closed 4 days after w/o a response.

• @JohnFilch123 said:
    @hosthatch how do we get double RAM and BW? I opened a ticket, which was closed 4 days after w/o a response.

It should come by default when the vps is provisioned. If it is not create a support ticket.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@JohnFilch123 said:
    @hosthatch how do we get double RAM and BW? I opened a ticket, which was closed 4 days after w/o a response.

It should be already included when your server is set up.

Thanked by 1JohnFilch123
  • @hosthatch said:
    The order URLs will stop working in nearly ~20 hours from now. Thank you everyone for your business.

No flash sale cyber monday special??

Thanked by 1nigga44life
  • raviravi Member
    edited November 2022

@add_iT said:

@hosthatch said:

Same question....
    And if you plan to do any Flash sale.... please post here. Its hard to grab a deal from FAT32 thread: Black Friday Cyber Monday Official Megathread

• @hosthatch i purchased 2 storage servers and would like to have them stacked (opened a ticket).
    will you check the opened ticket before provisioning the server(s) or will there be 2 servers provisioned first until you have time to look at the ticket (and re-provision the stacked one)?

• @ravi said:

@add_iT said:

@hosthatch said:

Same question....
    And if you plan to do any Flash sale.... please post here. Its hard to grab a deal from FAT32 thread: Black Friday Cyber Monday Official Megathread

you are greedy.

what can we expect from the coming flashy and tasty sale?

Thanked by 1ravi
  • I have been with @hosthatch for more than 5yrs. Got one more this year as has been an annual ritual to buy their BF offer.

Thanked by 1s12321
  • @srch07 said:

@pbx said:

@cybertech said:

@srch07 said:

What was your urgent sales question?

Thanked by 2bdl bulbasaur
  • @hosthatch

Perhaps it's already been answered (I did look) but is there any type of redundancy for hard drive failures? At the start of the thread it mentions:

"There is no difference in the quality of the servers itself - as we use the same backend, enterprise hardware and excellent monitoring for all of our services"

I'd be greatful if you could please elaborate on what type of RAID etc (if any) is in place.

Thx

• @CrowdOfOne said:
    @hosthatch

Perhaps it's already been answered (I did look) but is there any type of redundancy for hard drive failures? At the start of the thread it mentions:

"There is no difference in the quality of the servers itself - as we use the same backend, enterprise hardware and excellent monitoring for all of our services"

I'd be greatful if you could please elaborate on what type of RAID etc (if any) is in place.

Thx

I think the storage servers were said to be on raid 50/60.

• Cheers @theloafingone. Have found the comment now thanks to you :)

@hosthatch said:

@403_Forbidden said: RAID1 or other?

NVMes are RAID-10. Storage nodes are RAID50/60.

Thanked by 1theloafingone
  • @hosthatch is it possible to stack deals? Say someone has an identical service with you and purchases the same "block" again, can they be merged?

• Anyone wanting Stockholm should be aware that compared to L.A. disk performace is about a quarter of the speed -

L.A.
    Disk Performance Check (ext4 on /dev/vda1) (R: Read, W: Write, T: Total)
    +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Size | Read | Write | Total | IOPS (R,W,T) |
    +===========================================================================+
    | 4k | 9.01 MB/s | 9.03 MB/s | 18.04 MB/s | 2.3k | 2.3k | 4.6k |
    | 64k | 100.58 MB/s | 101.11 MB/s | 201.69 MB/s | 1.6k | 1.6k | 3.2k |
    | 512k | 355.67 MB/s | 374.57 MB/s | 730.25 MB/s | 0.7k | 0.7k | 1.5k |
    | 1m | 448.92 MB/s | 478.82 MB/s | 927.74 MB/s | 0.4k | 0.5k | 0.9k |

Stockholm
    Disk Performance Check (ext4 on /dev/vda1) (R: Read, W: Write, T: Total)
    | Size | Read | Write | Total | IOPS (R,W,T) |
    +===========================================================================+
    | 4k | 2.04 MB/s | 2.06 MB/s | 4.11 MB/s | 0.5k | 0.5k | 1.0k |
    | 64k | 19.70 MB/s | 20.14 MB/s | 39.84 MB/s | 0.3k | 0.3k | 0.6k |
    | 512k | 73.45 MB/s | 77.35 MB/s | 150.80 MB/s | 0.1k | 0.2k | 0.3k |
    | 1m | 110.37 MB/s | 117.72 MB/s | 228.09 MB/s | 0.1k | 0.1k | 0.2k |

A ticket 657776 raised and scheduled maintenance was planned but did not improve performance.

Thanked by 1Shot2