Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2022 - Storage and NVMe deals - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2022 - Storage and NVMe deals

Comments

• @srch07 said:
    ROFL was considering getting one of their servers too to diversify risk among multiple providers. No way, I am touching a server for anything that can't even respond within a day. Days to resolve issues? Really? 2022?

Yes, really :)

• @plumberg said:

@srch07 said:

@hosthatch said:
    Are there any other differences between our normal and discounted plans?

Yes, primarily our support. It can take several days to resolve issues, especially issues that require complex investigation. Please choose one of the services from hosthatch.com directly for production usage, with access to our normal support queue. Our promotional services are provided at near-cost pricing to fill up excess capacity and should be used accordingly. We also do not offer location migrations and/or other flexibilities on these
    plans.

ROFL was considering getting one of their servers too to diversify risk among multiple providers. No way, I am touching a server for anything that can't even respond within a day. Days to resolve issues? Really? 2022?

Non urgent matters have taken a couple days. Anything urgent has been fixed in a couple hours by support - my experience since 2018 w @hosthatch

Glad to know you had a good experience. But if the provider directly mentions that on the deal term, that simply means, that's not going to be case going forward. I have hardly needed support on most LET providers, and have servers from 4 of them. But when I raised a ticket, response and resolution was done within few minutes to few hours.

• @srch07 said:

@hosthatch said:

Yes, primarily our support. It can take several days to resolve issues, especially issues that require complex investigation. Please choose one of the services from hosthatch.com directly for production usage, with access to our normal support queue. Our promotional services are provided at near-cost pricing to fill up excess capacity and should be used accordingly. We also do not offer location migrations and/or other flexibilities on these
    plans.

Don't shit on them for being upfront and honest. It's better to know than pretend otherwise like other providers.

I buy discounted shipping using shipping consolidation but the trade off is the delivery times are not guaranteed, so you choose between always getting like a 40% discount with occasional late/delayed package that doesn't qualify for a refund or paying full rate 100% of the time, but doesn't change the fact some 1-4% of discounted or full rate packages will get delayed regardless of how much I pay.

• @TimboJones said:

@srch07 said:

@hosthatch said:

plans.

Don't shit on them for being upfront and honest. It's better to know than pretend otherwise like other providers.

I buy discounted shipping using shipping consolidation but the trade off is the delivery times are not guaranteed, so you choose between always getting like a 40% discount with occasional late/delayed package that doesn't qualify for a refund or paying full rate 100% of the time, but doesn't change the fact some 1-4% of discounted or full rate packages will get delayed regardless of how much I pay.

Oh you are absolutely right on that front. It's great that they are upfront about the terms. And that also means, these servers cannot be remotely used for something related to production, because even if redundancy are in place, days is out of question.

• 1 CPU core
    1 TB storage
    0.5 GB RAM
    5 TB bandwidth
    $30 per year
    $65 per 3 years (doubled RAM and bandwidth for three year payments)

Does this server have a dedicated IPv4 Address or is it a NAT VPS

Being a Noob, I want to easily install Swizzin without any port issues.

• @Dojob said: Does this server have a dedicated IPv4 Address or is it a NAT VPS

Dedicated IPv4 and optional IPv6 if you select it while ordering

Thanked by 1Dojob
  • pbxpbx Member
    edited November 2022

@srch07 said: even if redundancy are in place, days is out of question

Why not? If your redundancy is solid, why be afraid?

Anyway this is a discount offer, on LET the virtual home of ElCheapo. If you aren't happy with them being upfront about what you'd get for this price, and if you want better support for your "production" project it's easy: grab a VPS at regular pricing.

• I would buy a lot but when a company says it’s could take longer than stipulated it’s a high risk scenario when you’re dealing with low end

• @socialzzz said:
    I would buy a lot but when a company says it’s could take longer than stipulated it’s a high risk scenario when you’re dealing with low end

more for us

Thanked by 1socialzzz
  • add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited November 2022

@srch07 said:

@hosthatch said:

plans.

Don't buy if you don't like it
    Better buy virmach instead

You will got 1 minute response in ticket reply + made you one of brotherhood amongs all fanatics

• [HostHatch] New VM is Online ... Fast deploy!!! Thanks!

• nick_nick_ Member
    edited November 2022

@risturiz said:
    [HostHatch] New VM is Online ... Fast deploy!!! Thanks!

Which plan and location?
    Edit: I got mine too. That was fast! Thanks, HostHatch!

• @ravi said:

@fluffernutter said:
    As well as storage VM YABS for each location (or at least the ones I have, I don't like Chicago):

Any specific reason for this. I was considering Chicago because I am looking for any US location.

Network is pretty bad. NY will probably be much better since it's not with Psychz.

Thanked by 3nick_ ravi bdl
  • stonedstoned Member
    edited November 2022

@hosthatch said: $110 per 3 years (doubled RAM and bandwidth for three year payments)

Just did this for 3 years. $36/yr for 2TB storage, that's ridiculously good. I heard good things about hosthatch from some people who have been customers for years.

They said support is slow, (which I usually don't need unless something is up with their end). But other than that I was told the servers are 100% solid.

Even if support takes a while to reply, this is just for my secondary/tertiary offsite backup, for cold storage, so it's not critical to have super fast support, but so long as things work on their end, I don't need support.

So let's try this out. Cool.

• @fluffernutter said:
    Network is pretty bad. NY will probably be much better since it's not with Psychz.

Thank you :smile:

• fast and good work if support team is not on holiday, just like today :smiley:

• Is there any crazy flash deals?

• @icepic said:
    Is there any crazy flash deals?

not this black friday but maybe cyber monday

• Anyone has test IPs of Milan and Madrid?

• muhlba91muhlba91 Member
    edited November 2022

@hosthatch the looking glass and test files for stockholm do not seem to work. any chance getting it fixed s.t. i can test the connection to my locations before buying?

• Got a 10 TB Stockholm VPS, looking forward activation :)

• hi
    could you pls check invoice 294650. It instantly says "canceled"
    Thanks

• @HWAYS said:
    hi
    Thanks

Are you using a VPN? Don't think a VPN is permitted when placing an order.

• @Dojob said:

@HWAYS said:
    hi
    Thanks

Are you using a VPN? Don't think a VPN is permitted when placing an order.

No vpn. I ordered again and the same result. Meanwhile i bought from Liteserver. 😗

Thanked by 1Dojob
  • Out of curiosity: they say "1 TB" but is it really 1 TB? (1e+12 bytes = ~931.32 GiB)

or more like 1024 GiB?

or perhaps 1000 GiB?

or like a so-called terabyte hard disk, ~931.5 GiB?

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited November 2022

@Shot2 said:
    Out of curiosity: they say "1 TB" but is it really 1 TB? (1e+12 bytes = ~931.32 GiB)

or more like 1024 GiB?

or perhaps 1000 GiB?

or like a so-called terabyte hard disk, ~931.5 GiB?

It used to be 1TiB but on their new systems it's 1TB so 0,9TiB. The old systems have been abandoned last year.

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • @webcraft said: not this black friday but maybe cyber monday

Are you sure? Would be fun...

• @webcraft said:
    It used to be 1TiB but on their new systems it's 1TB so 0,9TiB. The old systems have been abandoned last year.

Thanked by 4Falzo bdl TimboJones BBTN
  • Does anyone know how to get a hold of @hosthatch ? I raised an urgent ticket, been no response since 24 hours+

I can’t upload any ISOs, the progress remains stuck on 0%

• @iPwnJ00 said:
    Does anyone know how to get a hold of @hosthatch ? I raised an urgent ticket, been no response since 24 hours+

I can’t upload any ISOs, the progress remains stuck on 0%

its weekend