Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2022 - Storage and NVMe deals - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2022 - Storage and NVMe deals

Comments

• @cybertech said:

@iPwnJ00 said:
    Does anyone know how to get a hold of @hosthatch ? I raised an urgent ticket, been no response since 24 hours+

I can’t upload any ISOs, the progress remains stuck on 0%

its weekend

I know but if its urgent, surely I’d get a response right?

If my server goes on fire on a Friday night, does that mean I should expect at least a 48 hour downtime? Lol

• logged a support ticket with a sales question 24 hours ago, no response... support is everything imagine paying for a service 3-4weeks later not delivered and trying to get answers... kiss goodbye to your money

• Plus

Are there any other differences between our normal and discounted plans?

Yes, primarily our support. It can take several days to resolve issues, especially issues that require complex investigation. Please choose one of the services from hosthatch.com directly for production usage, with access to our normal support queue.

also I don't really think that uploading an ISO is urgent ticket on such sale servers, lol.

• @socialzzz said:
    logged a support ticket with a sales question 24 hours ago, no response... support is everything imagine paying for a service 3-4weeks later not delivered and trying to get answers... kiss goodbye to your money

Well that’s exactly what’s happening with me right now… I prepaid 2 years too. :(

• @iPwnJ00 said:

@socialzzz said:
    logged a support ticket with a sales question 24 hours ago, no response... support is everything imagine paying for a service 3-4weeks later not delivered and trying to get answers... kiss goodbye to your money

Well that’s exactly what’s happening with me right now… I prepaid 2 years too. :(

the fact that they say only raise urgent tickets if it's really urgent otherwise your account will be deactivated is a cop out. Clearly if you're reaching out for support it's urgent to you. you pay for what you get

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited November 2022

@iPwnJ00 said:

@cybertech said:

@iPwnJ00 said:
    Does anyone know how to get a hold of @hosthatch ? I raised an urgent ticket, been no response since 24 hours+

its weekend

I know but if its urgent, surely I’d get a response right?

If my server goes on fire on a Friday night, does that mean I should expect at least a 48 hour downtime? Lol

yes. if unacceptable, look for a provider that can do weekend support, presumably for discounted services.

Thanked by 2bdl vimalware
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2022

@iPwnJ00 said: Well that’s exactly what’s happening with me right now… I prepaid 2 years too.

So to get it straight:

You paid for service with limited support that out right says it can take few days
    You paid for 2 years of service that has ETA on delivery from week to two weeks
    Your server was delivered faster
    Within 24h (I assume) [on two year order] you already create urgent ticket on service that was in theory not supposed to be delivered yet and you came here to ask to even speed it up?
    It's a fucking weekend, it's one of the hottest and most busy weekends of the year.

Mate, I have a feeling those HH sales are not for you and you should buy from a normal page if you need ASAP support.

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited November 2022

Any Yabs for amsterdam e5?

On this BF my only interest that 8gb amsterdam or Inceptionhosting 4gb in UK

🤔

• @JabJab said:

@iPwnJ00 said: Well that’s exactly what’s happening with me right now… I prepaid 2 years too.

So to get it straight:

You paid for service with limited support that out right says it can take few days
    Within 24h (I assume) [on two year order] you already create urgent ticket on service that was in theory not supposed to be delivered yet and you came here to ask to even speed it up?
    It's a fucking weekend, it's one of the hottest and most busy weekend of the year.

Mate, I have a feeling those HH sales are not for you and you should buy from a normal page if you need ASAP support.

Hang on.

Yeah sure, I pre-paid 2 years for a service that had an ETA of 1-2 weeks and got it in 24 hours. Huge ++++ to @hosthatch for fulfilling the new service much quicker than expected.

But wait, the service is fulfilled and therefore my 2 years is counting and that also means I'm paying for it. My 730 days of service that I should be getting is counting. It's not counting from the 1-2 weeks ETA that was given to me, it's counting from YESTERDAY, the day that it was fulfilled.

The whole urgent ticket thing is subjective. Urgency depends on how the ticket raiser is classifying the situation. To me, I purchased this VPS to install a custom OS. That's why I paid the premium to get a KVM VPS rather than an OVZ. However, their custom OS upload option is completely broken, with the progress bar stuck on 0% no matter what ISO I provide. This is a blocker to me, I cannot install the OS I require, therefore I think it is urgent.

Should I buy HH sales deals from now on expecting that I should be able to use it in 2 weeks time and that I'm actually prepaying for 2 years minus the time it takes to resolve an urgent, blocking ticket?

• @iPwnJ00 said:
    Should I buy HH sales deals from now on expecting that I should be able to use it in 2 weeks time and that I'm actually prepaying for 2 years minus the time it takes to resolve an urgent, blocking ticket?

No... You should "read" first post:

Are there any other differences between our normal and discounted plans?

Yes, primarily our support. It can take several days to resolve issues, especially issues that require complex investigation. Please choose one of the services from hosthatch.com directly for production usage, with access to our normal support queue. Our promotional services are provided at near-cost pricing to fill up excess capacity and should be used accordingly. We also do not offer location migrations and/or other flexibilities on these
    plans.

• Fuck HostHatch, it stole my money without agreement, it get the payment info when i pay for one order. and one day later , another order that i wont to pay got paid at a holyshit midnight! has no way to cancel unpaied order, has no way to cancel paied invoice neither.

• @add_iT said:

🤔

Their NL is fucking insane. Uptime is amazing as well. Im with them for 1year and a half and had only couple minutes downtime all together. Longest was about 5min when they had scheduled maintenance 130days ago. Since then its 100% uptime. I'm using it as primary node for DB cluster.

Yabs 2core 8GB (their older offer) 35$/yr

Basic System Information:

Uptime : 131 days, 16 hours, 51 minutes
    Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz
    CPU cores : 2 @ 2999.998 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM : 7.8 GiB
    Swap : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk : 18.7 GiB
    Distro : Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
    Kernel : 4.19.0-18-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 131.73 MB/s (32.9k) 1.25 GB/s (19.6k)
    Write 132.08 MB/s (33.0k) 1.26 GB/s (19.7k)
    Total 263.82 MB/s (65.9k) 2.51 GB/s (39.3k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 2.34 GB/s (4.5k) 2.26 GB/s (2.2k)
    Write 2.47 GB/s (4.8k) 2.41 GB/s (2.3k)
    Total 4.81 GB/s (9.4k) 4.67 GB/s (4.5k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider Location (Link) Send Speed Recv Speed Ping
    Clouvider London, UK (10G) 4.36 Gbits/sec 3.30 Gbits/sec 14.0 ms
    Scaleway Paris, FR (10G) 8.17 Gbits/sec 4.16 Gbits/sec 12.0 ms
    NovoServe North Holland, NL (40G) 13.1 Gbits/sec 5.45 Gbits/sec 1.12 ms
    Uztelecom Tashkent, UZ (10G) 2.78 Gbits/sec 1.45 Gbits/sec 84.3 ms
    Clouvider NYC, NY, US (10G) 1.81 Gbits/sec 1.49 Gbits/sec 75.9 ms
    Clouvider Dallas, TX, US (10G) 1.40 Gbits/sec 1.22 Gbits/sec 111 ms
    Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) 1.17 Gbits/sec 1.26 Gbits/sec 129 ms

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 596
    Multi Core | 1012
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/18906379

• @drizbo said:

@add_iT said:

🤔

Their NL is fucking insane. Uptime is amazing as well. Im with them for 1year and a half and had only couple minutes downtime all together. Longest was about 5min when they had scheduled maintenance 130days ago. Since then its 100% uptime. I'm using it as primary node for DB cluster.

Yabs 2core 8GB (their older offer) 35$/yr

Basic System Information:

Uptime : 131 days, 16 hours, 51 minutes
    Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz
    CPU cores : 2 @ 2999.998 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM : 7.8 GiB
    Swap : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk : 18.7 GiB
    Distro : Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
    Kernel : 4.19.0-18-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 131.73 MB/s (32.9k) 1.25 GB/s (19.6k)
    Write 132.08 MB/s (33.0k) 1.26 GB/s (19.7k)
    Total 263.82 MB/s (65.9k) 2.51 GB/s (39.3k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 2.34 GB/s (4.5k) 2.26 GB/s (2.2k)
    Write 2.47 GB/s (4.8k) 2.41 GB/s (2.3k)
    Total 4.81 GB/s (9.4k) 4.67 GB/s (4.5k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider Location (Link) Send Speed Recv Speed Ping
    Clouvider London, UK (10G) 4.36 Gbits/sec 3.30 Gbits/sec 14.0 ms
    Scaleway Paris, FR (10G) 8.17 Gbits/sec 4.16 Gbits/sec 12.0 ms
    NovoServe North Holland, NL (40G) 13.1 Gbits/sec 5.45 Gbits/sec 1.12 ms
    Uztelecom Tashkent, UZ (10G) 2.78 Gbits/sec 1.45 Gbits/sec 84.3 ms
    Clouvider NYC, NY, US (10G) 1.81 Gbits/sec 1.49 Gbits/sec 75.9 ms
    Clouvider Dallas, TX, US (10G) 1.40 Gbits/sec 1.22 Gbits/sec 111 ms
    Clouvider Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) 1.17 Gbits/sec 1.26 Gbits/sec 129 ms

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 596
    Multi Core | 1012
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/18906379

Wow nice

Speed are good too

But i better wait for their Flash sale on cyber monday , hope there is better deal

Otherwise i will take this 8gb $35 instead

• can you use their server as VPN?

• @oem003 said:
    Fuck HostHatch, it stole my money without agreement, it get the payment info when i pay for one order. and one day later , another order that i wont to pay got paid at a holyshit midnight! has no way to cancel unpaied order, has no way to cancel paied invoice neither.

haha

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@iPwnJ00 said: Does anyone know how to get a hold of @hosthatch ? I raised an urgent ticket, been no response since 24 hours+

Unfortunately, the most likely outcome of this will be urgent tickets being disabled for your account. You should have a resolution for your problem tomorrow (Monday).

• @iPwnJ00 said:

@JabJab said:

So to get it straight:

It's a fucking weekend, it's one of the hottest and most busy weekend of the year.

Hang on.

Yeah sure, I pre-paid 2 years for a service that had an ETA of 1-2 weeks and got it in 24 hours. Huge ++++ to @hosthatch for fulfilling the new service much quicker than expected.

But wait, the service is fulfilled and therefore my 2 years is counting and that also means I'm paying for it. My 730 days of service that I should be getting is counting. It's not counting from the 1-2 weeks ETA that was given to me, it's counting from YESTERDAY, the day that it was fulfilled.

The whole urgent ticket thing is subjective. Urgency depends on how the ticket raiser is classifying the situation. To me, I purchased this VPS to install a custom OS. That's why I paid the premium to get a KVM VPS rather than an OVZ. However, their custom OS upload option is completely broken, with the progress bar stuck on 0% no matter what ISO I provide. This is a blocker to me, I cannot install the OS I require, therefore I think it is urgent.

Just curious, what ISO were you trying? Is it not an option in any of their prebaked ISOs or in Netboot?

• have just got one vps and look like it work unstable, can not upload iso> @iPwnJ00 said:

me too, can not upload my iso, no nested virt, so sad

• Are EPYC NVMe plans vCPUs or physical cores?

3 CPU cores (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)

Does the above plan come with 1 or 3 dedicated cores?

• @gabydup said:
    Are EPYC NVMe plans vCPUs or physical cores?

3 AMD EPYC Milan cores (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)
    8 GB DDR4 RAM
    60 GB NVMe Storage

my vps is really slow

• @lainn said:

>

8 GB DDR4 RAM
    60 GB NVMe Storage

my vps is really slow

What slow? Please give more details on what os what programs you have installed and where are you seeing slowness?

• lainnlainn Member
    edited November 2022

@plumberg said:

@lainn said:

>

8 GB DDR4 RAM
    60 GB NVMe Storage

my vps is really slow

What slow? Please give more details on what os what programs you have installed and where are you seeing slowness?

I update the OS and install some apps and it has spent for hours, sometime lose the connection

location is LAX

• @lainn said:

@gabydup said:

8 GB DDR4 RAM
    60 GB NVMe Storage

my vps is really slow

Are the cores dedicated? Do you have a YABS?

• @gabydup said:

@lainn said:

@gabydup said:

8 GB DDR4 RAM
    60 GB NVMe Storage

my vps is really slow

I dont know how to check dedicated or not, sorry

• drizbodrizbo Member
    edited November 2022

@lainn said:

@gabydup said:

@lainn said:

@gabydup said:

8 GB DDR4 RAM
    60 GB NVMe Storage

my vps is really slow

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

Run this like a true LETer. That will give you idea if VPS is underperforming

@lainn said: I update the OS and install some apps and it has spent for hours, sometime lose the connection

Also are you running desktop enviroment or doing it through ssh terminal?

Thanked by 1pbx
  • lainnlainn Member
    edited November 2022

@drizbo said:

@lainn said:

@gabydup said:

@lainn said:

@gabydup said:

8 GB DDR4 RAM
    60 GB NVMe Storage

my vps is really slow

@lainn said: I update the OS and install some apps and it has spent for hours, sometime lose the connection

I ran it yesterday, however i didn't save the results, and I'm installing windows os right now so i can not run it again and post it here

I think it will be stabled after BF & CM deals is end

• @lainn said:

@drizbo said:

@lainn said:

@gabydup said:

@lainn said:

@gabydup said:

8 GB DDR4 RAM
    60 GB NVMe Storage

my vps is really slow

I ran it yesterday, however i didn't save the results, and I'm installing windows os right now so i can not run it again and post it here

I think windows is the problem. I don't think they allow running windows on their vps?

• @iPwnJ00 said:

@JabJab said:

So to get it straight:

Hang on.

If your panties were so twisted, you could ticket for asking the start date to be moved to when the ISO is fixed. Again, not an urgent ticket request.

You would be wrong. Since your service has not actually been setup and operating and now down, there is virtually NO hosting provider anywhere that would consider a feature such as custom ISO to be an "urgent ticket" matter. Even if it was a regular paid service.

Yes. It was spelled out clearly in the OP.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited November 2022

@oem003 said:
    Fuck HostHatch, it stole my money without agreement, it get the payment info when i pay for one order. and one day later , another order that i wont to pay got paid at a holyshit midnight! has no way to cancel unpaied order, has no way to cancel paied invoice neither.

Which part did you have trouble understanding? What made you think you could order something and not pay it? You're complaining about something when you don't realize that you're taking away a server someone else will want to buy.

From OP:

Can I change my server with the X offer?

Unfortunately no. All sales are final, and we cannot offer any changes to them. We cannot replace one pending service with another. We also do not provide any refunds for pending orders. Please make sure you are 100% sure before placing an order, as there is very limited capacity available.

• @lainn said:

@drizbo said:

@lainn said:

@gabydup said:

@lainn said:

@gabydup said:

8 GB DDR4 RAM
    60 GB NVMe Storage

my vps is really slow

I am planning to get one to install windows. Please confirm that windows is running smoothly, if so.