Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2022 - Storage and NVMe deals - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2022 - Storage and NVMe deals

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@hosthatch said: we delay this on purpose and provision in batches, because the first thing everyone does with a new VM is run a benchmark (and then run it another 25 times in the next few days).

• @hosthatch said: but we delay this on purpose and provision in batches, because the first thing everyone does with a new VM is run a benchmark (and then run it another 25 times in the next few days).

i promise to not run a benchmark if you provision mine ;)

Thanked by 2Val pbx
  • @hosthatch said: and then run it another 25 times in the next few days

thanks for the reminder! I nearly forgot that I am only at 10 out of 25 since yesterday ;-) ;-)

/s

Thanked by 3plumberg ralf ehab
  • @Falzo said:

@hosthatch said: and then run it another 25 times in the next few days

thanks for the reminder! I nearly forgot that I am only at 10 out of 25 since yesterday ;-) ;-)

/s

Don't forget to come back and post how crap it is and the way you're not getting immediate responses to your support tickets! B)

• @bdl said:

@Falzo said:

@hosthatch said: and then run it another 25 times in the next few days

/s

Don't forget to come back and post how crap it is and the way you're not getting immediate responses to your support tickets! B)

yeah, good reminder too. it's exactly what I am known for, so I should take care of my reputation ;-)

Thanked by 1bdl
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Since we're getting tickets about this already....the order page will be available for one hour, at 16:00 CET on 1st December.

After 17:00 CET, it will not be possible to order these.

• VascoVasco Member
    edited November 2022

@hosthatch - Does this offer allow for nested virt? VT-x or AMD-v

• @msatt said:

@oem003 said: I don't think unpaid invoice is the agreement to pay. The online shopping contract will only be established after I pay, and that's when the non-refundable clause take effect. It's not that the provider took my money himself and said that the contract has come into force and you can't refund.

My understanding would be - If you order (by clicking buy) something and it is provided then you are responsible to pay. Sending and upaid invoice is saying this is what you will be charged (you had already agreed to this by entering in to the order / contract). Your money was taken as per your order and a further invoice should be provided showing payment.

If an item is in a shopping cart then you are not liable to pay until you say buy in which case you should be charged as above.

I am no legal expert (even though you seem to think you are) and NOT associated with hosthatch, but to me this is the basis of a contract.

I am no legal expert, I just said what I experienced on other service provider or online shopping, those are paid first and goods/service provided later (hosthatch are the same on it). They provide the option that unpaid order is cancelable, and I enjoy this option and think it is widely provided. But hosthatch does not provide that option, it's very odd to me. So, I'm based on past experience, I wait for timeout-cancelation.
    The bone of contention we had was whether I was responsible for paying for the unpaid order. Or in other words, when will the online shopping contract be established? The click of the "order/checkout" or the "pay". I googled that for about half an hour, but I found nothing clause of law said about it. If anyone posts it to me, I will change my mind according to it.

• Does HostHatch offer anycast IP?

@Vasco said:
    @hosthatch - Does this offer allow for nested virt? VT-x or AMD-v

For the AMD VMs, yes.

@oem003 said:

@msatt said:

@oem003 said: I don't think unpaid invoice is the agreement to pay. The online shopping contract will only be established after I pay, and that's when the non-refundable clause take effect. It's not that the provider took my money himself and said that the contract has come into force and you can't refund.

My understanding would be - If you order (by clicking buy) something and it is provided then you are responsible to pay. Sending and upaid invoice is saying this is what you will be charged (you had already agreed to this by entering in to the order / contract). Your money was taken as per your order and a further invoice should be provided showing payment.

If an item is in a shopping cart then you are not liable to pay until you say buy in which case you should be charged as above.

I am no legal expert (even though you seem to think you are) and NOT associated with hosthatch, but to me this is the basis of a contract.

I am no legal expert, I just said what I experienced on other service provider or online shopping, those are paid first and goods/service provided later (hosthatch are the same on it). They provide the option that unpaid order is cancelable, and I enjoy this option and think it is widely provided. But hosthatch does not provide that option, it's very odd to me. So, I'm based on past experience, I wait for timeout-cancelation.
    The bone of contention we had was whether I was responsible for paying for the unpaid order. Or in other words, when will the online shopping contract be established? The click of the "order/checkout" or the "pay". I googled that for about half an hour, but I found nothing clause of law said about it. If anyone posts it to me, I will change my mind according to it.

You will find your answer in the OP.

@gabydup said:
    Does HostHatch offer anycast IP?

We do not offer anycast IPs.

• @hosthatch said:
    We do not offer anycast IPs.

Are there any plans for the future?
    It was mentioned as a possible addition in the BF21 thread that's why I ask.

• Seems I'm late in the game. When I click on purchase the HK servers, all are sold out, and Singapore VPS doesn't even show in the list.

@xenstar said:
    Seems I'm late in the game. When I click on purchase the HK servers, all are sold out, and Singapore VPS doesn't even show in the list.

Just a few posts above yours. Will copy. :)

"Since we're getting tickets about this already....the order page will be available for one hour, at 16:00 CET on 1st December.

After 17:00 CET, it will not be possible to order these."

• Finallyyyyyyyyyy, my 10TB server just arrived!

• It's finally deployed, thanks @hosthatch! Here is the YABS of Stockholm 10 TB plan:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-11-22                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Tue Nov 29 21:08:07 UTC 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 13 minutes
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7551P 32-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 1999.999 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 3.8 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 9.1 TiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-9-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 5.02 MB/s     (1.2k) | 53.61 MB/s     (837)
    Write      | 5.04 MB/s     (1.2k) | 54.06 MB/s     (844)
    Total      | 10.06 MB/s    (2.5k) | 107.67 MB/s   (1.6k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 191.13 MB/s    (373) | 296.76 MB/s    (289)
    Write      | 201.29 MB/s    (393) | 316.52 MB/s    (309)
    Total      | 392.43 MB/s    (766) | 613.29 MB/s    (598)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.83 Gbits/sec  | 3.52 Gbits/sec  | 28.3 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.65 Gbits/sec  | 2.47 Gbits/sec  | 32.3 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | busy            | 4.09 Gbits/sec  | 20.3 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 1.31 Gbits/sec  | 1.97 Gbits/sec  | 90.9 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.09 Gbits/sec  | 1.05 Gbits/sec  | 92.3 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 776 Mbits/sec   | 1.15 Gbits/sec  | 141 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 972 Mbits/sec   | 1.14 Gbits/sec  | 154 ms

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 491
    Multi Core      | 936
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/18969572

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited November 2022

@oem003 said:

@TimboJones said:

@oem003 said:

@TimboJones said:

@oem003 said:
    Fuck HostHatch, it stole my money without agreement, it get the payment info when i pay for one order. and one day later , another order that i wont to pay got paid at a holyshit midnight! has no way to cancel unpaied order, has no way to cancel paied invoice neither.

Which part did you have trouble understanding? What made you think you could order something and not pay it? You're complaining about something when you don't realize that you're taking away a server someone else will want to buy.

From OP:

Can I change my server with the X offer?

Unfortunately no. All sales are final, and we cannot offer any changes to them. We cannot replace one pending service with another. We also do not provide any refunds for pending orders. Please make sure you are 100% sure before placing an order, as there is very limited capacity available.

Who give HostHatch the right to take customer's money without his/her agreement? As it just an unpaid invoice, not a complete order. Or you even didn't experience the after-checkout-before-paid period on your online purchase? By the way, what OP said that your mention is only apply to those who DO THE PAY ACTION themself. Not to those FORCED to pay.

Are you obtuse? The customer did. The invoice was generated as a result of that action. The customer entered into an agreement to pay that invoice when he submitted the order. It's REALLY that simple.

It was clear, don't order if you don't intend to buy. So we're all gobsmacked that anyone would think otherwise.

I don't think unpaid invoice is the agreement to pay. The online shopping contract will only be established after I pay, and that's when the non-refundable clause take effect. It's not that the provider took my money himself and said that the contract has come into force and you can't refund.

You're just wrong. You agreed to purchase the server when you submitted the order. That is the start of the agreement. You are mistaken for a quote, which is no obligation to pay.

For domain purchases that are non-refundable as well, the domain server creates an unpaid invoice for me when I want buy a domain. At that period, I can choose to continue paying now or wait for a period of time, cancel the order or even wait for the order cancel because of timeout. It will not take my money automatically, although it have my payment information already. I have similar experience of that with other VPS providers. But HostHatch are special, it has unpaid invoice period, but it does not give cancellation or timeout-cancellation, what'more, money taken before timeout will occur. It seem as if I just say I want sign a contract with HH, and HH take money from me, and ctrl-c ctrl-v the signature from another contract, and force me to agree that I signed it, no refund.

It told you ahead of time there's no cancellations or refunds. This is a promotional deal. You're not talking about a promotional domain deal and even if you were, you didn't say they also had a no cancellations and no refunds policy to compare apples to apples.

You seem to be arguing that it's perfectly ok if everyone just ordered servers, (reserving them in the system and preventing others from ordering them) and then never paid for them. GTFO. You're a bad customer.

• Okey, sale has ended, there will be encore in December so maybe still a chance.
    @hosthatch what does dedicated next to core means?

This is from intel:
    2 CPU cores (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    3 CPU cores (1 dedicated, 2 shared)

This is from AMD:
    4 CPU cores (200% dedicated, burstable up to 400%)

Are those dedicated actually dedicated or it's just (how I understand it) a guideline how much CPU you can use without hitting limits/making you guys angry? :) If those are really dedicated how it ends on VM? For example for this 4 CPU - two first cores[0,1] are dedicated and I should pin my stuff to those and 2 last[2,3] are shared? It's random - depends from boot?

aaaaaaand if those are dedicated - any chance for EPYC in Warsaw before 1st December? :P

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • Anyone have HK 35$ package want to tranfer? I'm missed sale :D

• @nammdp said:
    Anyone have HK 35$ package want to tranfer? I'm missed sale :D

2 CPU cores (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    4 GB RAM
    30 GB NVMe storage
    5 TB bandwidth (1 TB APAC)
    $35 per year

I want this package.

• @nammdp said:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3558160/#Comment_3558160

Thanked by 2bdl nammdp
  • @nammdp said:

You still have chance.

@hosthatch said:
    Since we're getting tickets about this already....the order page will be available for one hour, at 16:00 CET on 1st December.

Thanked by 1nammdp
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited November 2022

@oem003 said:

@msatt said:

i am no legal expert, but you're just self entitled individual. and most definitely potentially a snowflake as well.

• @hosthatch could you please ask tech support team to follow up the ticket #774551? I been waiting for response or update for 48hrs without any infos. Server still show as Pending after 48hr payment processed.

• @johnsony said:
    @hosthatch could you please ask tech support team to follow up the ticket #774551? I been waiting for response or update for 48hrs without any infos. Server still show as Pending after 48hr payment processed.

Can you quote the offer you purchased?

Thanked by 2Falzo bulbasaur
  • @johnsony said:
    @hosthatch could you please ask tech support team to follow up the ticket #774551? I been waiting for response or update for 48hrs without any infos. Server still show as Pending after 48hr payment processed.

Have you considered actually reading things? It'd make your life so much easier.

1 week ETA for provisioning

• ywTechywTech Member
    edited November 2022

Amsterdam 2tb

Wed Nov 30 01:27:03 UTC 2022

Basic System Information:
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 2 minutes
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7551P 32-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 1999.973 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 1.9 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 1.8 TiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.15.0-46-generic

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 3.83 MB/s      (959) | 56.47 MB/s     (882)
    Write      | 3.85 MB/s      (964) | 56.98 MB/s     (890)
    Total      | 7.69 MB/s     (1.9k) | 113.46 MB/s   (1.7k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 220.44 MB/s    (430) | 310.66 MB/s    (303)
    Write      | 232.15 MB/s    (453) | 331.35 MB/s    (323)
    Total      | 452.60 MB/s    (883) | 642.01 MB/s    (626)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 7.42 Gbits/sec  | 5.12 Gbits/sec  | 11.5 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 8.30 Gbits/sec  | 6.73 Gbits/sec  | 9.02 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 15.0 Gbits/sec  | 8.66 Gbits/sec  | 1.32 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 2.71 Gbits/sec  | 1.95 Gbits/sec  | 79.6 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.09 Gbits/sec  | 2.02 Gbits/sec  | 74.6 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 1.22 Gbits/sec  | 990 Mbits/sec   | 110 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 843 Mbits/sec   | 1.39 Gbits/sec  | 129 ms

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 689
    Multi Core      | 681
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/18972778

• @ravi said:

@nammdp said:

You still have chance.

@hosthatch said:

What time if it was on UTC +7

I would buy it later and set alarm

• @add_iT said:

@ravi said:

@nammdp said:

You still have chance.

@hosthatch said:

CET=UTC+1. So it will be 16+6=22:00 in your timezone

Thanked by 1add_iT
  • What time if it was on UTC +7

10pm.

Confirm that here.

Thanked by 1add_iT
  • @add_iT said:

@ravi said:

@nammdp said:

You still have chance.

@hosthatch said:

It will be 22:00 UTC+7.

Thanked by 2add_iT nammdp