Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

jimaek is Giving Away 20 Globalping Probes Through December 5! WORLDWIDE! Enter to Win! - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

jimaek is Giving Away 20 Globalping Probes Through December 5! WORLDWIDE! Enter to Win!

Comments

• @jimaek said:
    Globalping got it's first hardware sponsor! We partnered with DNSFilter who helped us order a new batch of devices!

So if anyone missed the giveaway and still wants to get a hardware probe then you can do it by submitting this form powered by DNSFilter

(note that they limited the form to business emails. If you dont want to be added to their leads list then this is not for you. In this case you can submit the original form in this thread and I will try to process it in a few months when I have more devices available)

And don't worry, they are exactly the same with the only difference being the DNSFilter sticker on one side and US power plug exclusively. Same software and firmware, I packaged them myself :)

Htyv6Au.th.jpg Htyv49e.th.jpg

is there a way to get an indian plug instead :p

• @Otus9051 said:

@jimaek said:
    Globalping got it's first hardware sponsor! We partnered with DNSFilter who helped us order a new batch of devices!

So if anyone missed the giveaway and still wants to get a hardware probe then you can do it by submitting this form powered by DNSFilter

(note that they limited the form to business emails. If you dont want to be added to their leads list then this is not for you. In this case you can submit the original form in this thread and I will try to process it in a few months when I have more devices available)

And don't worry, they are exactly the same with the only difference being the DNSFilter sticker on one side and US power plug exclusively. Same software and firmware, I packaged them myself :)

Buy a adaptor.

• Otus9051Otus9051 Member
    edited August 2023

@Thundas said:

@Otus9051 said:

@jimaek said:

Buy a adaptor.

the voltage worries me more, everything is 220-240V here meanwhile US is 110-120V

also, its an.

• jimaekjimaek Member
    edited August 2023

@hotsnow every country has its own rules so I guess the warehouse didn't fill out everything required. Just contact DHL and explain that it's a free gift and provide any documents DHL needs.

@Otus9051 in this case DNSFilter asked only for USA plugs so there's no choice 😞

Normally when I ship myself I have UK, USA and EU plugs and I Google which one fits best the country I'm sending to.

You can try using an old USB charger

• @jimaek said:
    @hotsnow every country has its own rules so I guess the warehouse didn't fill out everything required. Just contact DHL and explain that it's a free gift and provide any documents DHL needs.

@Otus9051 in this case DNSFilter asked only for USA plugs so there's no choice 😞

Normally when I ship myself I have UK, USA and EU plugs and I Google which one fits best the country I'm sending to.

You can try using an old USB charger

its USB? then i got loads of those. microusb i presume?

• Yes micro-usb :)

• @jimaek said:

do I need contact DHL China Branch myself? or need contact DNSFilter, ask them to contact DHL U.S. to handle this? since this package still in U.S. now, thanks.

• The email you got probably has the information you need. Reply to it or use the email it has. With the tracking number it should be easy to get help.
    The probes are sent by a warehouse automatically, so DNSFilter won't know anything.

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • @jimaek said:
    The email you got probably has the information you need. Reply to it or use the email it has. With the tracking number it should be easy to get help.
    The probes are sent by a warehouse automatically, so DNSFilter won't know anything.

thanks, I will contact DHL China first tomorrow (today is not working day)

• @jimaek said:
    The email you got probably has the information you need. Reply to it or use the email it has. With the tracking number it should be easy to get help.

I signed up for the dns filter giveaway but i received 2 waybills indicating 2 different items, does this mean i will receive 2 probes? Is this a mistake?

• @Thundas said:

@jimaek said:

I signed up for the dns filter giveaway but i received 2 waybills indicating 2 different items, does this mean i will receive 2 probes? Is this a mistake?

I aslo received two tracking numbers from DHL, it's strange

Thanked by 1Thundas
  • @hotsnow said:

@Thundas said:

@jimaek said:

Yeah, i'm just worried the automatic warehouse thing has some error so we get shipped with 2 probes.

• Do you put a $0 invoice on the outside of the parcel or ship directly as DDP (Incoterm)?

• Yeah, i'm just worried the automatic warehouse thing has some error so we get shipped with 2 probes.

Just share one with a friend then :)

But I think its possible that DHL has 2 tracking codes, one international and one specific to your country. I wouldn't worry about it.

Do you put a $0 invoice on the outside of the parcel or ship directly as DDP (Incoterm)?

Nobody here will be able to answer your DHL questions :) Everything is shipped automatically by a third-party. I doubt they put the cost on the outside, DHL asks that in their online form for tax purposes, but I have no way of knowing what the warehouse puts there.

Just ask DHL's support using the tracking code you have, I'm sure they'll help you.

BTW if anyone else missed the form, here it is https://hubs.ly/Q01-735y0

Thanked by 2hotsnow Thundas
  • anubhavhiranianubhavhirani Member
    edited August 2023

Got the mail, but didn't get the shipping mail yet, I am excited! :smiley:

Thanked by 1jimaek
  • @anubhavhirani said:

Got the mail, but didn't get the shipping mail yet, I am excited! :smiley:

same here

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited August 2023

@jimaek said:

update:

I called DHL China Branch just now to ask for the reason, they told me the two packages need "Export Declaration", they told me to ask the sender to provide these documents, so I sent an email to DNSFilter ask for help, waiting their reply.

• ThundasThundas Member
    edited August 2023

@jimaek said: Just share one with a friend then

But I think its possible that DHL has 2 tracking codes, one international and one specific to your country. I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah i received two, will share one with a friend. Bought & have to wait for adaptor to plug it in though. It came faster than the local marketplace where i bought the adaptor haha.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Thundas said:

@hotsnow said:

@Thundas said:

Yeah, i'm just worried the automatic warehouse thing has some error so we get shipped with 2 probes.

Exactly once execution is hard.

Thanked by 2Otus9051 jimaek
  • @Thundas said:

@jimaek said: Just share one with a friend then

Yeah i received two, will share one with a friend. Bought & have to wait for adaptor to plug it in though. It came faster than the local marketplace where i bought the adaptor haha.

oh damn, i aint got the shipping mail yet lmao

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited August 2023

@jimaek

after 12 days, received the two packages finally, it's not so easy, thank you :D

will deploy them separately in office and home later :p

https://i.ibb.co/3MDbrJf/Global-Ping.jpg

Thanked by 1jimaek
  • @Otus9051 said:

@Thundas said:

@Otus9051 said:

@jimaek said:

Buy a adaptor.

the voltage worries me more, everything is 220-240V here meanwhile US is 110-120V

also, its an.

The power adapter is wide voltage, 110v-240v, so don't worry :D

https://i.ibb.co/3MDbrJf/Global-Ping.jpg

Thanked by 2Otus9051 jimaek
  • Got the thingy, its up now.

Thanked by 1jimaek
  • @jimaek is there a way to hide my NAT in the results? its showing up lol

• @Otus9051 said:
    @jimaek is there a way to hide my NAT in the results? its showing up lol

Not sure what you mean :) PM me the details please

• Hello everyone, how are you?!

Yesterday I received my probe, but I was unlucky enough to have a problem with my unit. I have two behaviors:
    1 - The red LED stays on.
    2 - The red LED lights up and after 2 minutes it goes out.

In both conditions, I cannot access the probe via SSH. I've already tried changing the memory card, changing the font, rewriting the latest firmware available on github, microsd with DietPi and Armbian and nothing.
    The probe gets IP from any router I connect it to, but when trying to access via SSH, I simply get a "connection refused"
    There is no green LED, indicating that the system is UP.
    Neither with the firmware available on GitHub, nor with the official FriendlyELEC firmware.
    Have you been through this?

Thanks!

• I sent some debugging steps via email. If anyone else has similar issues let me know.

But it sounds like a network issue where the probe fails to download the latest update.

• @jimaek said:
    I sent some debugging steps via email. If anyone else has similar issues let me know.

But it sounds like a network issue where the probe fails to download the latest update.

Hey, thank you!!

I responded to your email with some details.
    Thank you for your support!!

• JabJabJabJab Member

Shameless bump for people that received probe in this batch - seems like this specific SD card likes to die and you should verify if your thing is still working and I guess replace card if you have one around :-)

https://github.com/jsdelivr/globalping-hwprobe/issues/26

Thanked by 1jimaek
  • jimaekjimaek Member

SD Cards are unfortunately a complete mess. Buying known brands means nothing and even the same card can perform very differently making it hard to test.

I am currently testing these 2 cards for the next batch coming in ~2 months (same hardware, the potential v2 probes I wrote about had bad ethernet controllers):

1. Kioxia Exceria 64GB - With the hopes that its quality and it will use the extra 60GB the probe doesnt need as fallback for dying sectors
    2. Kioxia Exceria G2 32GB - Honestly I'm only testing it because G2 sounds like a new versions making me think it might be more reliable. It's a case of "Numbers go up make monkey brain happy"

So far both have survived non-stop abuse cycles for 14 days

Thanked by 1default